Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Exactly. If he is indeed owed what he says he is (who knows!), then he won't be the person who pulls the plug. If they go into Admin, what's left of the Pompey cake will be divided up amongst the creditors, and Gaydamak will wind up losing the most. This is why he keeps on injecting just enough cash to keep them going, if he doesn't they will collapse altogether.

I don't agree. The club are currently paying £2m per month in wages, which is £2m less than can go to creditors. If, as is reported, Gaydamak is owed £32m, and this is roughly half of the reported debt, wouldn't he be better sticking them into admin, everything is liquidated, player sold etc, and he may end up with 25p or even 50p in the £. Better than leaving it to drag on for months, losing £xm per month and wiping out the asset value.

Anyway, who knows where the £80m has gone that has been raised in transfer sales over the last 12 months....

Pompey are clearly being dragged along to the end of the season

they will go down

if Pompey folded today it would be a massive can of worms for everyone in the country, not just the premier league.

Would clubs in the league get their points back. ?

Will a team they knocked out of the cup demand to be reinstated?

Dragging them through till the end to the season or until admin hits is a sensible option for any club

we were not really shat on from a great height, we never got a single penalty until we went into admin.

I'm stunned DD, I wrote you off as incapable of making fair unbiased comparisons! ;)

http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749_5836655,00.html

"And whoever was tasked with nailing this truth into the youngsters at Spurs and/or Portsmouth has done his/her job rather too well, if Jamie O'Hara's intereview on Sky Sports News yesterday was anything to go by.

When asked about the lack of wages being paid by Pompey, Jamie said: "We're paid to play football and that's all we can worry about."

Yeah, you've sort of missed the point of the question there Jamie."

[url=http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/0,17033,8749_5836655,00.html][/url]

I'm stunned DD, I wrote you off as incapable of making fair unbiased comparisons! ;)
Pompey whilst trading will not get penalised unless it is proved they have broken the laws of the land, or PL rules. That is correct ,but I suspect all deep down know that there is a massive can of worms, when opened could mean record penalties.

It is not the fans who are at fault, but ultimately they are the ones who are really hurt. Look at Luton as an example. PS HR Gaydamek and the Arabs will walk away damaged financially but the fans who have invested their life in the club could be damaged without doing anything wrong.

There is no justice, although they have the memories of their cup win

Pompey whilst trading will not get penalised unless it is proved they have broken the laws of the land, or PL rules. That is correct ,but I suspect all deep down know that there is a massive can of worms, when opened could mean record penalties.

It is not the fans who are at fault, but ultimately they are the ones who are really hurt. Look at Luton as an example. PS HR Gaydamek and the Arabs will walk away damaged financially but the fans who have invested their life in the club could be damaged without doing anything wrong.

Is it then possible that this could further damage their, already, most damaged fan? If anyone is in doubt, I mean TCWTB?

So, no income from TV.

19 home games plus the cup matches bringing in 600k per game (20,000 at 30 quid average each)

Much of that weekly home game revenue was paid in advance by Season Ticket holders

So let's say 15,000 St's - that money has clearly all gone, leaving weekly home game revenues of 5,000 at 30 quid which is 150k every two weeks.

One player alone costs them 160k in the same time period

And the skate fans still WONDER why they are in trouble? Grant talks about not selling and building the team.

Yep, agree. The thing is that if the worst comes to the worst, most Pompey fans I've been talking to are more up for 'doing an Aldershat' and attempting to come back from the dead than a slow, meandering death through successive relegations.

It's a feeling of 'let's get it over with', allied to a backs to the wall/Dunkirk type attitude. We've always been at our very best when boxed into a corner anyway. Most clubs fans are the same I suppose.....

So, no income from TV.

19 home games plus the cup matches bringing in 600k per game (20,000 at 30 quid average each)

Much of that weekly home game revenue was paid in advance by Season Ticket holders

So let's say 15,000 St's - that money has clearly all gone, leaving weekly home game revenues of 5,000 at 30 quid which is 150k every two weeks.

One player alone costs them 160k in the same time period

And the skate fans still WONDER why they are in trouble? Grant talks about not selling and building the team.

they did not sell 15k s/t's it was barely over 10k. So if they can sell more on matchdays they will have more money but not enough to pay the wage bill. I get your drift though

Nor are they getting 20k at the game, most of the time and no more snow puns please, Nick. :wink:

Hey, it was an example, but it helps show the fact that they were unsustainable before the season started.

It was common knowledge that they had heavy debts

The maths for their income were pretty easy to guess

And yet TWO numpties have been conned into buying them.

I'm sure only Nickh is ever lucky enough to come across buyers like that in real life ;)

Mods. Why no Snowman Smilies? get a grit.

after wages being promised on time this month, then after BH, then yesterday by 1pm, then by 4pm and then onto today...

not heard any update...

I wonder if they are going to be able to pay or have failed to get the loan?

Not sure what would happen if they couldn't pay?

Guess they would have to raised the money immediately by letting player go cheap.

Judging only from the mountain of reports coming out daily about The Last Days of Pompey, I can only assume that the club have managed to invent a form of social conduct previously unknown to humanity.

Everyone making public statements from the boardroom seems to be a credulous liar. That is, while knowingly telling porkies, each board member believes unquestioningly every word uttered by other fibbing board members. It's head-spinningly WEIRD.

And it's actually a good idea for a movie - or an ironic fairy tale with a very sad ending that sends everyone off to sleep happily.

Yes! Woooooooo-Hooooooooo! :D

Yep, agree. The thing is that if the worst comes to the worst, most Pompey fans I've been talking to are more up for 'doing an Aldershat' and attempting to come back from the dead than a slow, meandering death through successive relegations.

It's a feeling of 'let's get it over with', allied to a backs to the wall/Dunkirk type attitude. We've always been at our very best when boxed into a corner anyway. Most clubs fans are the same I suppose.....

To be honest 123, I think Pompey would take 3,000-4,000 REGULARS to an AFC Pompey type team, which would be a good base to start from. Not sure i'd be one of them, it wouldn't be Pompey in my eyes and I'd probably take the opportunity to make a clean break from the illogical football illness that we all as football fans succumb to, which is something I could never could do whilst Pompey exist in any capacity. I'd certainly wish any AFC team the best, but don't know if I could 'connect' emotionaly with what would effectively be an entirely new entity, good luck to those who do though. :)

after wages being promised on time this month, then after BH, then yesterday by 1pm, then by 4pm and then onto today...

not heard any update...

Guess they would have to raised the money immediately by letting player go cheap.

Bank closed because of snow!

To be honest 123, I think Pompey would take 3,000-4,000 REGULARS to an AFC Pompey type team, which would be a good base to start from. Not sure i'd be one of them, it wouldn't be Pompey in my eyes and I'd probably take the opportunity to make a clean break from the illogical football illness that we all as football fans succumb to, which is something I could never could do whilst Pompey exist in any capacity. I'd certainly wish any AFC team the best, but don't know if I could 'connect' emotionaly with what would effectively be an entirely new entity, good luck to those who do though. :)

I felt the same way about AFC Saints!

It wouldn't have been my club and you can never change clubs, even if yours dies.

It wouldn't have been my club and you can never change clubs, even if yours dies.

That whacky manc movie about Cantona summed the whole AFC thing up very well with the AFC Manure fan getting stick in the pub.

It isn't the same, we laugh at the skates, but like at Luton, the ****s that made it happen will still be around smirking on tv, earning their millions as managers players or dodgy dealers.

(But no I ain't showing sympathy to the few, just the fact that it is wrong that others linked to the mess get away without even a blink of conscience)

not heard any update...

Indeed no sign that the wages have been paid as yet and I am sure after all the furore over the non-payment that they would get the info out very quickly if they had paid the wages.

I wouldn't have supported a Southampton 1885 team if there was a real Southampton FC in existence, but if SFC had gone down the tubes and S1885 had been created, then it would have been the real Saints to me, kind of like a form of reincarnation. No-one doubts that Aldershot Town is the real Aldershot, likewise for Halifax, Wimbledon, Newport, Accrington Stanley, Maidstone. If the worst did happen for Pompey, the new club would smell just as fishy as your old one, I'm certain you would still be a Pompey supporter.

Indeed no sign that the wages have been paid as yet and I am sure after all the furore over the non-payment that they would get the info out very quickly if they had paid the wages.

I've got both the BBC and News web sites sitting on their respective Pompey main pages, and there's not a whisper about wage payments. Like you, I reckon they'd be shouting it from the rooftops if they'd actually paid them. The only bit of news in the News is that Grant is considering recalling Nugent from his loan at Burnley. Can he do that if it's a season-long agreement (I'm not sure whether it is or not though)?

I think that when you turn up and meet old friends your allegences would come back.It took a while for the new stadium to become home and so I suspect the same would be under a new name.

I'm amazed that any club would enter into any business dealings with them.........

'Crisis club Portsmouth have been given 48 hours to save their first signing of the January transfer window.

Portuguese giants Benfica say they have an agreement with Portsmouth to loan them 20-year-old Miguel Vitor with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

But Portsmouth have yet to get their transfer embargo lifted and have not given Benfica assurances they can afford the £5million fee at the end of the season.

Portsmouth boss Avram Grant is desperate for reinforcements and Vitor was his first target to shore up his leaky defence.

But Portugal Under-21 defender Vitor said: “I need assurances about my future because I have other options.”

Championship club Swansea - managed by ex-Portugal and Benfica star Paulo Sousa - and two other Portuguese sides are interested.

It is another blow for Portsmouth whose players were not paid on time last week for the third time this season. The players have been told they will be paid today but are uncertain whether the wages will be forthcoming.'

On another note,would any loans, that maybe forthcoming, be secured against the land at Titchfield where their original training ground was supposed to be situated or possibly at the latest venue just up the road from me at Lee On The Solent,Cheque farm?

Do they actually own either or both pieces of land?

Edited by saint lard

There is one other minor point.

Just what EXACTLY did they use as collateral to borrow the money to pay the last few wage cheques?

Are we to believe that somebody gave them loans with no security?

Or, as I seem to recall reading back in September or October, were not some of those short term loans secured against "future tv income"?

I am not sure if it was Sultan Bin Trump who mentioned it or just speculation, but they DID borrow to pay the wages before.

perhaps this current "predicament" is nothing to do with the snow, more to do with lenders noticing that they've just been shafted.

Could get better, if the club gave security that wasn't theirs to give

From what i read on one of the links it seems that Chanrai(?sp) gave them about 17 million in loans secured on the stadium! so it seems he will now own Fratton Park?

if games are postponed how will that effect their cashflow????? It may of course be postive, they wont have win bonusses (ohh) and appearance money stewards etc. The african players will return as well for the games cancelled.

I think canceling poopeys game on Saturday would be of interest to the board right now! The biggest reason being is that the supporters are organising a demo for this weeks home game!

not heard any update...

This is what I want to know. Surely the EPL have to step in at some point with these constant screw ups?

We've been saying all along the EPL don't want the bad PR of Pompey going into admin, but if things keep going on like this, it's making a mockery of an EPL club anyway. It seems we have a pressure cooker just waiting to blow.

So i wonder what excuse they will use today for not paying the bills?

"my computer froze over so could not send payment"

"on my way to pay the money into the bank, i was attacked by what looked like three abonimal snowmen, they for some reason took a liking to my brief case full of cash and scarpered off with it up Portsmouth mountain"

"i got to the bank with the cash but on the door was a note saying 'FULL, we have too much cash could not take anymore today'."

:)

So very trusting.....

Chris Ryan's Book, Who Dares Wins, page 2. British Army Rules of Engagement in Iraq.

Basically states, "never trust someone who wears a tea towel."

Still amazed whether it's buying Football Clubs or buying dodgy Property Developments down here, nobody EVER realises that until it is too late.

Ho hum