Le Tissier: "Cortese is not a nice human being"

Saint-Armstrong

From BBC's Nabil Hassan:

Matt Le Tissier says #saintsfc chairman Nicola Cortese is "not a very nice human being". "I think a lot of stuff will come out about him".

#saintsfc Matt Le Tissier on Cortese: "He is not a very nice human being. It's as simple as that. He has a lot of hold over a lot of people"

Simon Peach tweeted about an interview with Le Tissier earlier and was talking about Matt and Cortese.

Bit of a shame if he's sold a story on him again.....it is all a bit pathetic. Every time he does a talk or interview or the like he doesn't seem to be able to not put one into Cortese. Ho hum.

Why doesn't someone just say some of this "stuff"?

Would be so much easier.

It also does make MLT look a bit pathetic regardless of what he knows.

Yep. Put up or shut up. Matt is a legend but makes himself look rather daft and petty with all his sniping. i think we all know that Cortese is a bit of a tit, but griping about it without actually saying why is just childish.

Yep. Put up or shut up. Matt is a legend but makes himself look rather daft and petty with all his sniping. i think we all know that Cortese is a bit of a tit, but griping about it without actually saying why is just childish.

Yeah even I'm starting to agree with this. Why can't he just say?

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach

Will paste link to my Le Tissier interview shortly. Until then, I'll prepare myself for some #SaintsFC fans accusing me of stirring things.

To clairfy, Matt was not whinging. I asked him about it as that is my job. The club's greatest player is at loggerheads with its chairman. It is a story and I would rather try to get the truth rather than rely on whispers and tweets.

To clairfy, Matt was not whinging. I asked him about it as that is my job. The club's greatest player is at loggerheads with its chairman. It is a story and I would rather try to get the truth rather than rely on whispers and tweets.

Will it tell us why exactly how NC is not nice.... If not.. Hardly any sort of job doing is it

Has he been specific in the interview? If you want the truth then surely he has to tell you exactly what the problem is?

I think the general consensus is that rather than just hear about how horrible he is, tell us all exactly why he thinks this way. Surely there can be no impact to Matt if he did this, unlike others who claim to be protecting sources and that type of thing.

I think the general consensus is that rather than just hear about how horrible he is, tell us all exactly why he thinks this way. Surely there can be no impact to Matt if he did this, unlike others who claim to be protecting sources and that type of thing.

Diggers speaks for me.

So, did you actually get any truth or are we still left with whispers and tweets? Will be be any wiser after you release the full interview?

DellDays and others are right...if Le Tissier doesn't actually say what the problems are then the interview doesn't actually achieve anything constructive or objective.

From BBC's Nabil Hassan:

Simon Peach tweeted about an interview with Le Tissier earlier and was talking about Matt and Cortese.

Bit of a shame if he's sold a story on him again.....it is all a bit pathetic. Every time he does a talk or interview or the like he doesn't seem to be able to not put one into Cortese. Ho hum.

So Simon Peach didn't ask MTL for his opinion about Cortese but he got it anyway?

DellDays and others are right...if Le Tissier doesn't actually say what the problems are then the interview doesn't actually achieve anything constructive

Also stirring and hardly doing his job as he could have rehashed one of many quotes from matty that say something very similar

So, did you actually get any truth or are we still left with whispers and tweets? Will be be any wiser after you release the full interview?

Would guess not. Either there is something to tell or there isn't....its not hard for someone, anyone, to ask MLT to be a bit more specific - pretty obvious he doesn't like NC which is fine, but its only a story if NC has done something to make Saints fans nervous to have him in charge.

Otherwise its just one guy who dislikes another guy...

Edited by Saint Charlie

But did you get to the "truth",or are you not ,via Matt just repeating his 'whispers and tweets' in an interview format ?

God, you're becoming a bore. It isn't exactly a startling revelation, is it, that they don't see eye to eye. So either bring something new to the table, something we didn't know, or stop sh*t-stirring.

Its time to either put up or shut up. If he has anything more substantial to air than "he took my free tickets away" or he sacked the programme sellers" then he should say it.

Thing is Matt cant really point the finger at strategy because that has clearly worked the past two years so he is making personal remarks. Its not classy.

not relevant though, we see NC likes to keep quiet, we hear MLT whinging about him. its not football, or relevant.

if there is story him/ mlt can say.

this just seems (albeit based only on this thread) petty negative point scoring and stirring.

To clairfy, Matt was not whinging. I asked him about it as that is my job.

The club's greatest player is at loggerheads with its chairman.

It is a story and I would rather try to get the truth rather than rely on whispers and tweets.

" former player "

.....I hate to say this, but he isn't employed by SFC any longer, and so unless he has first-hand examples to back up this statement I really feel very sorry that this " discussion " has degenerated to this.

MLT had a lot of people's support when he was conned into fronting that ridiculous Pinnacle fiasco, that was going nowhere, and started the hate campaign against Marcus Liebherr's bid before anyone knew anything about it.

Sorry Matt....can't you just leave us with those wonderful memeories instead, and leave this alone?

This is getting very very tiring!

Matt seriously needs to let it go, he obviously has some PERSONAL issue with the bloke but he needs to let his ego deal with it and move on.

going to press defaming the club chairman is in no way going to help the club which he claims to and no doubt does love...

disappointing Matt, very disappointing.

That is carp journalism at its worst. Nothing but innuendo, from a man who has been publicly grinding the same axe for a couple of years now. No examples, nothing but bar room tittle tattle. There are more credible rumours made up on this forum, than that bilge.

Come on Simon, what other new exciting stories have you got? I won't hold my breath.

Looking forward to the second part of this story, where you have spoken to Cortese.

" former player "

.....I hate to say this, but he isn't employed by SFC any longer, and so unless he has first-hand examples to back up this statement I really feel very sorry that this " discussion " has degenerated to this.

MLT had a lot of people's support when he was conned into fronting that ridiculous Pinnacle fiasco, that was going nowhere, and started the hate campaign against Marcus Liebherr's bid before anyone knew anything about it.

Sorry Matt....can't you just leave us with those wonderful memeories instead, and leave this alone?

This is the issue between MLT and Cortese. Cortese said MLT was wrong to keep fronting the bid. MLT still believes what he did was correct (at the book signing a few years back anyway). I just can't see the credibility in any of this after Micky Falka emerged from the back of the sofa with a 5p coin. It would be interesting to ask Matt if he still believes what he did was right but I doubt I will ask that question again.

It seems to me that this has very little to do with football and is nothing more than a clash of personalities. MLT did a lot for saints and will always be a legend in my book no matter what he says. Markus is also a legend having achieved so much for the club in such a short time. If Nicola was his most trusted friend that is good enough for me.

Similarly Lawrie Mac is a legend for his time at the club. He similarly wanted to make his mark when he first arrived. He sold our longest serving player, Terry Paine, because he saw him as a threat and he ordered all the photos of past glories to be put into storage claiming we should look forward not back.

This is what happens in life.

As for Simon Peach, he does to be fair, prefer printing research rather than tittle tattle and this appears not to be up to his usual standards.