Luke Shaw Injury Thread

Kingsland Red

We'd be gutted to lose Lallana, then Fonte, then Shaw, all three of our better players this season. Cruel, especially as we're all aware the strength in depth isn't there. Fingers crossed it's a minor thing, and that the other two come back soon too.

We'd be gutted to lose Lallana, then Fonte, then Shaw, all three of our better players this season. Cruel, especially as we're all aware the strength in depth isn't there. Fingers crossed it's a minor thing, and that the other two come back soon too.

Ramirez also went off with a knock today.

Fox can do the job at left back for a few games, but I hope he doesn't have to. I think Adkins is handling the two of them on the left side really well.

The fact that Fox was already on the pitch at LM highlights, if it were needed, how badly we need a winger to add depth and options.

If he is out for a while I would rather have Clyne at left back and bring Richardson in at right back. To me Richardson is the lesser of the two evils but I'm sure NA wont see it that way :-D

If he is out for a while I would rather have Clyne at left back and bring Richardson in at right back. To me Richardson is the lesser of the two evils but I'm sure NA wont see it that way :-D

Richardson is nowhere near the quality needed and certainly not worth messing with Clyne to accommodate in the team.

If Fox has to play the odd game it's no disaster. He isn't as good as Shaw but could slot in. The defence as a whole is better and calmer and more protected now.

This. Wasn't this the change that was made at half time, 1-0 down to Villa when we came back and won 4-1 for our first points of the season?

The Frazer Richardson that couldn't even get a right back slot ahead of Jack Cork, who played out of position, yet was named on the bench? Perhaps Adkins doesn't see him as Premier League quality. Keep Clyne at his best position. Yes I don't rate Fox, but if it were for a couple of games, at least he'd come in trying to prove something to his manager.

I still hope Shaw isn't out for long though.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

So, Nigel Adkins says Luke Shaw's injury looks like tissue damage - cuts & gashes - good early sign for him #saintsfc

That won't keep him out for long, if at all.

NA did say the knee had a bang and they would have to assess correctly. However, he did leave the ground without crutches which is obviously good.

Possibly worth giving him a rest vs Chelsea anyway, don't want to burn him out.

Benitez won't know what to do. Our silence will play havoc to his prep of the game.

Especially after the deliberately leaked pictures of Lallana back in training. Clever tactic from Adkins to get Ramirez to come off with an 'injury' obviously to confuse them further. Bentiez head must be all over the place.

Especially after the deliberately leaked pictures of Lallana back in training. Clever tactic from Adkins to get Ramirez to come off with an 'injury' obviously to confuse them further. Bentiez head must be all over the place.

Stop it, you'll get everyone's hopes up we can get something out of the game!

looking at the incident again, both players were going at pace and chasing the ball, Shaw tumbled and fell hitting hitting his head, shoulder ...and then he clutches his knee....

Glad if it's not serious, but he must have had a few pains all over at the time.....safety first to come off on a strether.. and the ref. did add on more time, too.