McDermott gone

DG

Whoever comes in will have to work with the players they have got, a squad of players who most judges think are not good enough.

Even the best coach in the world can only effect a limited improvement. Whoever goes there is on a hiding to nothing.

Those on here who think we didn't do enough in the summer or transfer window to improve the squad should be grateful that REading did even less than us.

Unlike saggy chops, they haven't got any scope to improve the squad at this time, and it really is a bizarre time to do it.

Normally, if you don't sack a manager before the transfer deadline to give his replacement a chance to bring in some players, it's a sign a club is sticking with the manager for good or ill unti lthe end of the season......

why would they sack a tinpot manager and appoint err a tinpot manager; There are far better unemployed managers available than Adkins.

But realistically which of them would go there? Adkins is available and proven in the league they will be in next year.

But realistically which of them would go there? Adkins is available and proven in the league they will be in next year.

Cortese would not view a move to a relegation rival favourably and NA is on gardening leave anyway and probably not available.

I would expect he would also lose any form of pay out were he was able to get another position this season.

Because we play them in 3 weeks, and are only a few places below us..

For someone as negative as myself (according to this forum anyway) even I can now tell you that those will be the easiest three points we get all season. We can almost write this game off now as a 'win'.

Nigel won't go unless NC pays up as he is on gardening leave! I can see NC trying to delay any compensation hearing/ payment until the end of the season.

On Goals on Sunday yesterday Alan Curbishly said it took 18 months to get his settlement sorted with West Ham.

For someone as negative as myself (according to this forum anyway) even I can now tell you that those will be the easiest three points we get all season. We can almost write this game off now as a 'win'.

I wouldn't even put it as a 'definite win' let alone an easy win.

Tactically limited manager with one of the worst squads of players to every grace the premier league (only better than Blackpool's squad a few years ago).

Utterly mental sacking though, no chance someone can turn them round in 9 games.

Perfect job for the maniac DiCanio. They will go down but he has stepped up a level so is good for his cv.

The ONLY thing a manager can bring now is motivation. Paulo is madder than a Boruc so makes sense

Stupid job for NA. Better will become available - Villa IF they go down for eg

Perfect job for the maniac DiCanio. They will go down but he has stepped up a level so is good for his cv.

The ONLY thing a manager can bring now is motivation. Paulo is madder than a Boruc so makes sense

Stupid job for NA. Better will become available - Villa IF they go down for eg

I can still see NA at Leeds. Don't think what's happened today will have any bearing on where he will end up. Be a very brave/stupid manager who goes there so prob Di Canio is a good call. Interesting comment on a BBC page - of the 9 teams they have left to play they have only beaten 1 this season. Not looking good for them. 8-)