Palace Build up

Lighthouse

Thoughts on this one. I'm tempted to start with Gaston and Wanyama, just to see how they do. I know JRod looks lost when he is leading the line but so has Lambert recently. I'd be tempted to go with a front 4 of Lallana, Davis, Gaston and JRod.

Might be a game where we need another offensive player in if we boss it and are trying to break them down? Might be one for Gaston to start instead of Davis, I just worry we really miss Davis when he's not in there. Lambert rested? Maybe. Really short of options up top though.

Think I'd start with

Boruc; Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw; Cork Morgan; Lallana Davis JRod; Lambert.

See how it goes and possibly bring in Gaston if we can't break them down.

Will be a very tough game and they have a lot of pace down the wings. I really want another away day win.

COYS!!!

Might be a game where we need another offensive player in if we boss it and are trying to break them down? Might be one for Gaston to start instead of Davis, I just worry we really miss Davis when he's not in there. Lambert rested? Maybe. Really short of options up top though.

Think I'd start with

Boruc; Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw; Cork Morgan; Lallana Davis JRod; Lambert.

See how it goes and possibly bring in Gaston if we can't break them down.

Will be a very tough game and they have a lot of pace down the wings. I really want another away day win.

COYS!!!

I agree with what you are saying, but I sometimes think a goal would 're-ignite' Lambert to the end of season at least.

Can't see us getting anything out of this, Palace have been excellent at home under Pulis. Palace 1 Saints (shots 21, on target 4) 0

I can see this happening exactly... And to top it off... I reckon Palace will get a controversial goal to really annoy us.

I know. I was there. Are you saying that will always happen when we go a goal up away from home? Of course not, so what's your point?

Of course I am not saying it will happen everytime, just offering evidence that scoring first does not always work.

Going to the game, can anyone reccomend the best pub where the Saints fans will be before the game and where it is, thanks.

Seeing as the game is on Steve Grant's doorstep we're all going to his to drink before the game. He's even laying on some food and has booked a few dolly birds for entertainment. Feel free to join in.

Yes he did

from the end of the season though? Think he is still ineligible to play against us.

Would like to see JRod rested for this, not sure who his natural replacement is. Maybe Gallagher up top with Lambert in the hole. Would love to see Ramiréz get more time on the pitch. Has shown his class lately.

I'd take a punt on this:

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Cork Schneiderlin

Lallana Ramirez Davis

Gallagher

Subs: Davis, Yoshida, Chambers, Wanyama, Lambert, Rodriguez, JWP

But then I freely admit to knowing f*all about football management, tactics or team selection :-)

Thoughts on this one. I'm tempted to start with Gaston and Wanyama, just to see how they do. I know JRod looks lost when he is leading the line but so has Lambert recently. I'd be tempted to go with a front 4 of Lallana, Davis, Gaston and JRod.

This is typical of the sort of game that often causes Saints problems. A side struggling against relegation ( NO!... THEM not us ) but also can come unstuck.

For the first time this sesdon; I saw a lot of disappointment on faces after Liverpool's 2-0 goal ...and signs of fatigue.

Now we have almost ALL of the regular choices involved in internationals, and they're all likely to be involved ...and even if they don't play a full 90 mins....the travelling will take it out of them, too.

Come Saturday, a lot of the squad will have played twice this week already, and so MP is on a hiding to nothing. If he plays the same " tired " players, they might not last the 90 mins. and if " does the sensible thing " and uses some of the Academy hopefuls / bench players ....and we lose .....he'll get even more stick from the fans.

I would put out this team:

Gazanigga

Chambers Fonte Lovren Shaw

Cork Morgan©

Do Prado Ramirez Lallana

Gallagher

The crystals will be literally creaming themselves when they see this line-up, the only one I'm not sure bout is Gaston cos of Alice Band. Do we have any other talent in the reserves??

Bad feeling about this game too - this fixture has all the hallmarks of an ignominous defeat looming.

I'm not actually all that bothered about the result and have pretty much resigned myself to the fact we won't win. The day is just all about a good session in London even if we are traveling up and back with a Palace mate in our group.

got a good feeling about this

had we played them a month ago, we would have lost. they were on fire (considering)

now, they seem to have stuttered a little

what is for sure, we simply cannot go on fluffing chance after chance after chance. not if lambert or rodriguez wish to go to the world cup

I'd take a punt on this:

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Cork Schneiderlin

Lallana Ramirez Davis

Gallagher

Subs: Davis, Yoshida, Chambers, Wanyama, Lambert, Rodriguez, JWP

But then I freely admit to knowing f*all about football management, tactics or team selection :-)

With that team selection, it certainly shows!

On paper this should be a Saints win...we're by far the better side. However, they are fighting...hard...to survive and not doing too bad a job. We don't like hard fought games. They will fancy their chances against us...it's got 2-1 written all over it.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

The position for Ramirez is behind Rickie or Jay-rod. So who do you drop to facilitate Gaston? Lallana?, Jay-rod?, Rickie?

If you remove Davis or Cork/Wanyama we become more creative, but also become very exposed at the back.

So if you want Gaston to start one of Rickie or Jay must be dropped. Seriously drop Rickie??? Rickie makes every tick. Jay brings speed and great link up play (not to mention fantastic energy and pressing)

In all honesty Ramirez is a great player, but should never have signed for Saints. Our style of play if just wrong for his game and you can't adapt him.

Sell in the summer.

Edited by Andy Durman

my team

Boruc

Clyne

Lovren

Fonte

Shaw

Wanyama

Morgan

Gaston

davis

Lallana

Rodriguez

I would love to see if this could actually work.

Certainly more mobile up front, but who's going to win the 1 v 1 upfront. Rickie is the outlet ball. Jay-Rod just can't hold the ball up or link up like Lambert and Ramirez isn't great at pressing

Edited by Andy Durman

Why would you drop Chambers. He was probably our best player against Liverpool.
Chambers has been great, but perhaps Clyne links up better with the midfield and Lambert, he looks for the inside pass more, although Chambers is more powerful going forward. Two great players but my preference would be Clyne.

Chamber's should come in for the Wanyama/ Cork role. I think he's better passer than Wanyama, and more mobile(and maybe stronger defensively too) than Cork. Sort of like a hybrid between Cork and Wanyama.

Him and Schneiderlin, in the middle could be awesome for the future!

I have a feeling that we might have sold Clyne.

Yes Chambers is playing well and he was injured for a while, but earlier in the season Chambers played well and yet Clyne was always back in the squad asap. We're also not in a great run so you'd expect MP to try different things more often.

He decided to come here to get game time and develop. Maybe it's make or break time and he's decided that make is elsewhere (and the club agrees?). I genuinely think that he is a top side full-back in the making. Exceptionally versatile as well.

And more importantly, the sort of player that will have increased his price tag.

Wanyama can be a top player one day. If he can work on his composure and passing he can be the next Vieira or Yaya. It's a big if but he certainly has the physical presence for it and he's not just a clogger. With nothing to play for, the end of this season is the best chance he will get to assert himself on the team.

Wanyama can be a top player one day. If he can work on his composure and passing he can be the next Vieira or Yaya. It's a big if but he certainly has the physical presence for it and he's not just a clogger. With nothing to play for, the end of this season is the best chance he will get to assert himself on the team.
Wanyama is not going to become the next Yaya Toure or Viera is he :lol: