Kreuger Interviews 29/07/2014

davesaint

To be fair to him I think he spoke well - or rather as well as he could in the circumstance. He remained positive without trying to dig holes for himself (although it remains to be seen whether or not the Schneiderlin / Rodriguez guarantee will be one).

I do think he has too much faith in Les Reed though, but I suppose until Les Reed gets fired he has to.

“Jay Rodriguez and and Morgan Schneiderlin are not for sale, and they will be a part of our club as we enter the new season,” said the chairman

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/29072014-ralph-krueger-on-jay-rodriguez-and-morgan-schneiderlin-1790653.aspx#5zYGQR1lMEcy7UQF.99

A Load of Kr@p Krueger Bullsh*t

"a part of our Club as we enter the new season" But, come the January window ??

Very ironic that, just as SFC is about to sink with all the outgoings, that he comes out with this load of Twaddle

If He ( The Club ) could make such a statement that Schneidelin & JRod are "not for sale, They could have made the same statement in respect of the ones that they did let go

But no, Wreck it Ralph waits until FIVE have departed before he comes out with this Gem

It insults the intelligence Mr K, and I for one Don't believe a word you, or Reed, or Katharina says

I cringed big time at 'The Ronald Revolution' - it felt so contrived the way he crowbarred it into the conversation (managed it in the talkSport interview as well I believe).

Good post, think you may well be right on the "shortcut" business.

Any idea how Les Reed's honesty might have upset some players?

Looking forward to his next book, 'Ralph Krueger - The Southampton Years'. Chapter 1: How to dismantle a successful team in less than 2 months. Chapter 2: How to alienate the board from the majority of your fanbase. Chapter 3: Transfer window Tips and how to secure top dollar for the stars your about to flog.

“Jay Rodriguez and and Morgan Schneiderlin are not for sale, and they will be a part of our club as we enter the new season,” said the chairman

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/29072014-ralph-krueger-on-jay-rodriguez-and-morgan-schneiderlin-1790653.aspx#5zYGQR1lMEcy7UQF.99

A Load of Kr@p Krueger Bullsh*t

"a part of our Club as we enter the new season" But, come the January window ??

Very ironic that, just as SFC is about to sink with all the outgoings, that he comes out with this load of Twaddle

If He ( The Club ) could make such a statement that Schneidelin & JRod are "not for sale, They could have made the same statement in respect of the ones that they did let go

But no, Wreck it Ralph waits until FIVE have departed before he comes out with this Gem

It insults the intelligence Mr K, and I for one Don't believe a word you, or Reed, or Katharina says

How anyone can blame the board in this is beyond me.

The reaction of Schneiderlin to all this says it all.

We have been forced to sell these players because of their attitude.

That is now 3 players who have thrown toys out the pram after being told they were not for sale.

Stop looking for someone else to blame. The players are the villains here!

What is ironic about that? It seems to me that from the content of your posts, which without fail are to criticise and moan about anything and everything, that you have no clue what irony is.

That is now 3 players who have thrown toys out the pram after being told they were not for sale.

I'm not. The Buck stops firmly at The Owners and Board of SFC

Now, if the other 19 Prem Teams were going through the same dismantling process as we are, then that would be different. But they are NOT

If Krueger can STOP Shneiderlin an JRod from leaving, then he could have stopped the rest. But he didn't

WHY ?? Because the orders from the Top were to "sell as many as you can, for as much as you can"

If all you can do is to come on here and try to defend a Board that has ripped apart a Prem Club, then I suggest you report back to your Masters/Mistress that me in particular,

and Saints Fans in general have had enough of the forked tongue double meaning utterances of the idiots that own and control OUR Football Club

Have a nice day

Now, if the other 19 Prem Teams were going through the same dismantling process as we are, then that would be different. But they are NOT

If Krueger can STOP Shneiderlin an JRod from leaving, then he could have stopped the rest. But he didn't

WHY ?? Because the orders from the Top were to "sell as many as you can, for as much as you can"

If all you can do is to come on here and try to defend a Board that has ripped apart a Prem Club, then I suggest you report back to your Masters/Mistress that me in particular,

and Saints Fans in general have had enough of the forked tongue double meaning utterances of the idiots that own and control OUR Football Club

Have a nice day

How well do you think a team containing 4 or 5 players who don't want to be here will perform?

How easy will Koeman's job be in such a scenario?

Wouldn't it be better to have players that want to be here pulling in the same direction? Even better if the outgoing players are disposed of for a premium?

Difficult though it will be to get the team performing with several new players, at least they will be hopefully be trying to do so with the right attitude.

Morgan and JayRod might he unhappy, but two is better that 6.

Let's see what the team looks like at the start of the season.

Edited by kpturner

Did he mention the Tea Lady not being for sale? The rumours are gathering pace on Twitter and I'm starting to get worried. Everything's getting a little silly.

Is this the replacement for "has Skacel signed yet?" If so shoot me now.

How well do you think a team containing 4 or 5 players who don't want to be here will perform?

How easy will Koeman's be in such a scenario?

Wouldn't it be better to have players that want to be here pulling in the same direction? Even better if the outgoing players are disposed of for a premium?

Difficult though it will be to get the team performing with several new players, at least they will be hopefully be trying to do so with the right attitude.

Exactly the same as the two that have been (Temporarily) refused permission to leave by Wreck It Ralph

They may very well start the season with us, but how much are you willing to bet me that they will be gone in January

Why are you defending the actions of the Owner ??

So far, Over £100M IN, and only £20M OUT

The quicker she Banks her Wedge and Bugg*rs off the better

Perhaps you could relay that bit of PR to her ??

Exactly the same as the two that have been (Temporarily) refused permission to leave by Wreck It Ralph

They may very well start the season with us, but how much are you willing to bet me that they will be gone in January

Why are you defending the actions of the Owner ??

So far, Over £100M IN, and only £20M OUT

The quicker she Banks her Wedge and Bugg*rs off the better

Perhaps you could relay that bit of PR to her ??

Why don't you address my points in a clear and reasoned fashion. Your single minded ranting doesn't help - you seem to have completely missed the point(s). To be honest, it is pretty futile trying to debate anything with you. Alps on steroids.

Just trying to be helpful - - here's a template the club could use over the next few weeks:-

Statement – (fill in name of player) moves to (Fill in name of club)

Despite the club’s determination to keep all its successful players, (Fill in name of player) has made it clear that he no longer wishes to play for Southampton FC and that he sees his future elsewhere. The club is not prepared to keep players who do not want to be here and do not share our vision for the future, therefore terms for transfer have been agreed which are extremely advantageous to Southampton.

Ralph Kruguer, our inspirational chairman and Les Reed our incomparable Executive Director, will continue to work tirelessly to take the club forward and are committed to acting with the interest of the club paramount, as demonstrated by this courageous decision. Much as we would have liked (Fill in name of player) to stay, we wish him well in his future career.

Saintneil

Sadly it doesn't matter what board we have , there are those on here who will take a dislike of them from day 1

I don't buy in to those who think Ralph is a clown or comments about other board members

There is something wrong . Do we no what the actual catalyst is for this unrest

Is it the players wanting oodles of cash

Is it the agents

Is it the resignation of the Argie *****

I remain calm and maybe some board heads are on the block

But I cant insinuate that with out getting my balls kicked

I just wish the season would hurry up and start

Why does Kreuger tolerate incompetence?

Is the core problem the failure to anticipate and line up replacements? This started with Pochettino. He had sent the message that he may not stay by putting off contract discussions until the end of the season. When the end of season came he then started negotiations with another Club and resigned on 27th May. It still took Reed & Kreuger 3 weeks to 16th June to replace him with Koeman. 4 weeks if we count the probable negotiation period. A well run Club would have had the short list ready and secured the replacement from that list in a much quicker time. Two weeks from the first Spurs approach at the outside. Compared to this we just look totally unprepared and very badly managed.

This problem of an absence of anticipating departures permeates all this summer’s transfers. Players only seem to have a premium price set but no stated replacement player identified and lined up. The Club knows the sale price of everything but not what a realistic purchase is for their replacement. Nothing lined up. A well run Club would also set a plan that required a replacement to be agreed before the sale went through.

So we end up going into a transfer period needing at least 3 new players to refresh and fill gaps before departures (CB, 2nd Goalkeeper and striker) and that target list has got longer with each sale. Currently we need 6+ players two weeks from the start of the season.

If Kreuger really is such a smart management guru, then why the F is his organisation so slow at recruitment and so bad at retention? Or does he really not understand the football cycle in the summer period? Or is the problem that Kreuger is so slow in taking decisions? Unless it is a decision to sell a player for a pre-set price?

How easy will Koeman's be in such a scenario?

TAKE 2

1) Better than a team that has 4 or 5 Academy players thrust in. We went down that route before

2) Koeman - I would be more than surprised if he was aware of (currently) 7 players from the First Team squad getting sold, and I am very surprised he hasn't already quit

3) Yes it would. We currently have replaced 2. Now, be honest, if you were a decent player, would you REALLY want to come to a Club that is 5 or 6 First Team players short, with the start of the season less than 3 weeks away

4) Yes it will be difficult, and, IMHO, impossible within the timeframe

5) Morgan & Jayrod - Please refer to your own question 3 "Wouldn't it be better to have players that want to be here pulling in the same direction? " Morgan &Jayrod are NOT going to be 100% committed to SFC, no matter what

6) I shudder to think what the Team will look like for the first match v Liverpool

Saint Richmond

Why don't you go and support one of the top 6

Clearly your heart is not in supporting saints

I'm sure you will be well suited to the Liverpool forum as they are not too happy with their board

And it's the next level . You can join the CL level of moaning

You know it makes sense :)

Have a nice day

You seem to be ITK. Perhaps you can tell us how you know what the oders from the top are?

TAKE 2

1) Better than a team that has 4 or 5 Academy players thrust in. We went down that route before

2) Koeman - I would be more than surprised if he was aware of (currently) 7 players from the First Team squad getting sold, and I am very surprised he hasn't already quit

3) Yes it would. We currently have replaced 2. Now, be honest, if you were a decent player, would you REALLY want to come to a Club that is 5 or 6 First Team players short, with the start of the season less than 3 weeks away

4) Yes it will be difficult, and, IMHO, impossible within the timeframe

5) Morgan & Jayrod - Please refer to your own question 3 "Wouldn't it be better to have players that want to be here pulling in the same direction? " Morgan &Jayrod are NOT going to be 100% committed to SFC, no matter what

6) I shudder to think what the Team will look like for the first match v Liverpool

1) Clearly - but that was not what I was suggesting obviously. As I said in my last comment - let's see what we have in place at the start of the season

2) Personally I think he will be happier to have his own players in place pulling in the same direction than have several who don't want to be there. This has already been alluded to in several places. So, if we let the players go that don't want to play (for a premium I re-emphasise) and have adequate replacements, he will be in a better position. Let's see what we have in place at the start of the season.

3) We will see over the coming week(s). Let's see what we have in place at the start of the season.

4) I agree, but as I said, at least they will have the right attitude and be pulling in the same direction.

5) So you agree it is better to have 100% committed players than not. Good. So given that we already have enough players to replace, coping with two disgruntled players (assuming JayRod is such) is going to be better than coping with 6. It makes sense to keep them for now given how long we have left until the start of the season.

6) Let's see what we have in place at the start of the season.

...and finally, let's see what we have in place at the start of the season.

It seems I can bang on and on repeating the same thing over and over as well.

Saint Richmond

I'm sure you will be well suited to the Liverpool forum as they are not too happy with their board

Ditto.

I am getting sick and tired of the bloody bedwetters on here who clearly get off on their perceived doom and gloom. We had a meltdown the other day and were told that all players were leaving and the club being sold. Now, surprise surprise, the club isnt being sold and RK is in the process of rebuilding and we are looking to get good players in around a "core" which includes Jay and Morgan. Clearly there have been discussions of who they want to keep and who they can afford to let go. Doesnt fit in with the doom and gloom though does it?

Doesnt fit in with the doom and gloom though does it?

Thing is that the doom and gloom is not at the club but in players heads. Just as your optimism is not at the club, but in your head. We all interpret these things differently and there is no point trying to convince someone who has a negative view of things that things aren't as bad as they think they are.

People have to come to terms with what is happening in their own time. As much as we all go on about 'what it means' or trying to deduce what is happening, NONE of us really know what is happening, even after a statement like Ralph's or a tweet like Morgans. Welcome to modern day football...

In light of morgan's tweet, is it not possible that he wanted to stay, and the board have told him he is being sold or sitting in the reserves... meanwhile they make a brave face of keeping him.

All the negative press about players leaving has come from club sanctioned sources... They've lied and lied in statements, had puppets come on here to keep fans happy and various times (during the sales and season ticket renewals etc)... I trust this board not one iota. Nothing to disprove this theory atm, and until we spend a significant amount of the money we have recouped it will look like an asset strip prior to sale of the club.

Think its petty obvious that Krueger was talking about Morgan in terms that were different than what Morgan had been told privately/had understood. To me it was yet another clear demonstration of the incompetency of Krueger. Morgan had actually handled everything very well before Krueger opened his mouth. Obviously he was asked the question about Morgan and JRod but should have given a vague answer unless this had all been agreed behind the scenes. Clearly was in motor mouth mode and did not think of the consequences of his utterances.

In light of morgan's tweet, is it not possible that he wanted to stay, and the board have told him he is being sold or sitting in the reserves... meanwhile they make a brave face of keeping him.
IMHO pretty much zero chance of that being the case.

Think its petty obvious that Krueger was talking about Morgan in terms that were different than what Morgan had been told privately/had understood. To me it was yet another clear demonstration of the incompetency of Krueger. Morgan had actually handled everything very well before Krueger opened his mouth. Obviously he was asked the question about Morgan and JRod but should have given a vague answer unless this had all been agreed behind the scenes. Clearly was in motor mouth mode and did not think of the consequences of his utterances.

Ralphie was reading off a card and Morgan has been absent the past several weeks. The board decided a position before meeting with Morgan, writes it on aforementioned card for Ralphie, but when the board states their position to Morgan he becomes unhappy and makes dumb tweet.

Any confusion about a perceived "understanding" was based (IMO) on what Morgan's agent was telling him. It could have even been fueled by Morgan's jealousy at the awesome pictures Poch was posting to his Instagram of Northern London.

Ralphie was reading off a card and Morgan has been absent the past several weeks. The board decided a position before meeting with Morgan, writes it on aforementioned card for Ralphie, but when the board states their position to Morgan he becomes unhappy and makes dumb tweet.

Any confusion about a perceived "understanding" was based (IMO) on what Morgan's agent was telling him. It could have even been fueled by Morgan's jealousy at the awesome pictures Poch was posting to his Instagram of Northern London.

It's already been noted that Morgan met with the Board BEFORE the broadcasts, and about 3-4 hours before the tweet.

Yes, and the result here will be the same as the previous two; the player gets his way to a backdrop pseduo-protestations from a board with dollar signs in their eyes.

As has been said, if this approach can be taken with Morgan, why wasnt it taken with any of the others, espeically Lallana and Lovren ?

Yesterdays utterances from Ralphie were BULLSH*T.

Yes, and the result here will be the same as the previous two; the player gets his way to a backdrop pseduo-protestations from a board with dollar signs in their eyes.

As has been said, if this approach can be taken with Morgan, why wasnt it taken with any of the others, espeically Lallana and Lovren ?

Yesterdays utterances from Ralphie were BULLSH*T.

The ONLY thing that may stop Morgan to Spurs happeneing is Levy's notorious stinginess.

Loving that posters are talking with confidence about conversations that Morgan had privately with the club. Come on, own up, which one of you has a bug in the boardroom?

Around midday today Morgans agents were at St Mary's expecting to find out and discuss which bid had been accepted by the club for him. you can imagine his surprise at the statements made by our chairman a few hours later. He has been lied to by the club and promises that were made to him and have now been broken. IMO i still think he we go (has a club ever kept a player who didnt wish to stay?), and the worst possible thing Krueger could have said. Are we now gonna have a player go on strike? i personally think its best we let any who don't want to be here go. The club are scared after the fans reaction to the Chambers sale and are now trying to placate the fans by blocking Morgans promised transfer.

post 455 of the tweet thread KBillyetc, never wrong,never queried.

It's already been noted that Morgan met with the Board BEFORE the broadcasts, and about 3-4 hours before the tweet.

Right. My point was more that Ralph was not saying things off the cuff. His comments were in line with what I assume (to CB's point) was the board's position, determined at some earlier time.

Around midday today Morgans agents were at St Mary's expecting to find out and discuss which bid had been accepted by the club for him. you can imagine his surprise at the statements made by our chairman a few hours later. He has been lied to by the club and promises that were made to him and have now been broken. IMO i still think he we go (has a club ever kept a player who didnt wish to stay?), and the worst possible thing Krueger could have said. Are we now gonna have a player go on strike? i personally think its best we let any who don't want to be here go. The club are scared after the fans reaction to the Chambers sale and are now trying to placate the fans by blocking Morgans promised transfer.

post 455 of the tweet thread KBillyetc, never wrong,never queried.

KBilly has let us know when a signing has occurred or when Koeman has signed on but if I remember correctly he also went mental about everyone should be giving Lovren more respect as he has been amazing for us. I think KBilly's source is close to the players so he could be a bit biased about things.

KBilly has let us know when a signing has occurred or when Koeman has signed on but if I remember correctly he also went mental about everyone should be giving Lovren more respect as he has been amazing for us. I think KBilly's source is close to the players so he could be a bit biased about things.

Of his opinions I know nothing, of the correction of what he states I've never seen anything to doubt him. Here he states some events which have occurred,why would he do that if they didn't. He never has before, in fact it's rare that he expresses an opinion at all. The fact that Romain Molina echos what he has said just tells me that it's 100% what has come to pass. The rest is opinion of course.

K billy has a very good source. That is all! :suspicious:

Is it worth F5'ing today Guan? No point if there is no point if you see what I mean lol

Nothing incoming today. Unless Celtic fancy playing without a keeper tonight...

That being said, if we agree a late in the day loan, Expect it to be heralded across the OS as the second coming!

That being said, if we agree a late in the day loan, Expect it to be heralded across the OS as the second coming!

Many Thanks Kind Sir, Can I point you in the direction of Kahlil Gibran's 'The Prophet', a wonderful read and bedtime companion

I sense a change of mood in your posts. You are coming across as a little disparaging. Is this because you KNOW we are not going to sign real quality or are you simply drained by all the goings on of the last week, like most people?!! And you are getting more cryptic/ambiguous which suggests a slowing down of your information stream. Oh well

Why can't companies understand that most of their customers aren't total cretins? For every one person who falls for deliberate overhype another two lose a little of respect and affection. Playing it straight works in the long run and football fans are long run customers - not a group taken for granted or lied to in order to get over short term difficulties.

Edited by buctootim

So no announcement today as such

And guan has used 2 of his 3 post allowance

Damn

Why would there be an announcement today, rather than say yesterday or tomorrow. It's as plain as the nose on your face that we are haggling over the last halfpenny, probably on fees and salaries. Clubs will sell to us when they have no hope of getting more elsewhere, might be today or next week or next Christmas.

Why does Kreuger tolerate incompetence?

Is the core problem the failure to anticipate and line up replacements? This started with Pochettino. He had sent the message that he may not stay by putting off contract discussions until the end of the season. When the end of season came he then started negotiations with another Club and resigned on 27th May. It still took Reed & Kreuger 3 weeks to 16th June to replace him with Koeman. 4 weeks if we count the probable negotiation period. A well run Club would have had the short list ready and secured the replacement from that list in a much quicker time. Two weeks from the first Spurs approach at the outside. Compared to this we just look totally unprepared and very badly managed.

This problem of an absence of anticipating departures permeates all this summer’s transfers. Players only seem to have a premium price set but no stated replacement player identified and lined up. The Club knows the sale price of everything but not what a realistic purchase is for their replacement. Nothing lined up. A well run Club would also set a plan that required a replacement to be agreed before the sale went through.So we end up going into a transfer period needing at least 3 new players to refresh and fill gaps before departures (CB, 2nd Goalkeeper and striker) and that target list has got longer with each sale. Currently we need 6+ players two weeks from the start of the season.

If Kreuger really is such a smart management guru, then why the F is his organisation so slow at recruitment and so bad at retention? Or does he really not understand the football cycle in the summer period? Or is the problem that Kreuger is so slow in taking decisions? Unless it is a decision to sell a player for a pre-set price?

First you need to know who's going before you know what kind of replacement you need. So let's assume the club knew who might leave - they got in a new manager and wanted him to decide what replacements he might want. But that was too slow for the players who wanted to leave. The clubs wanting to sign them, and the players concerned all agitated for the sales to be completed quickly and when it didn't happen instantly players began threatening to strike or started spitting out their dummies in public. And when the press start lapping it all up the players sense of their own importance went through the roof.

I don't see how the club could have done things much differently.

Saint Richmond

Same old tripe from you I see, musn't criticise anything the SFC do eh ?

So, you are perfectly happy that the Owner has sold off our best players ( exactly what Cortese forecast but no one believed him either)

And you really think that Schneiderlin and JRod are going to stay ??

Talk about deluded

Wake up and smell the coffee FFS Waste of time throwing insults at me,

Aim some at the people who are ruining YOUR club

So, you are perfectly happy that the Owner has sold off our best players ( exactly what Cortese forecast but no one believed him either)

Talk about deluded

Not arguing with yourself today I hope.

Talk about deluded

They were some of our best players, but only because we didn't have better, which we soon shall. :)