Kreuger Interviews 29/07/2014

davesaint

You are endlessly picking on trivia so you can pick on something

Don't be a cretin. I heard the interview and thought it was OK but still woolly in areas. Actions will be much more telling. In addition to that, his Americanisms give an impression that he has little idea of what professional football is like as well as being a bit grating.

So fans demand answers, fans demand statement. Fans get answers and interview and they don't believe them or aren't convinced.

Yeah comical how many just choose to not believe.

I need to believe it and first time come home from work and had some good news. I think onset of depression had started.

Blackmores probing revealed a few possible contradictions from the other interviews....but the biggest thing for me was there is no real plan and no real target in place....More a case of 'flying by the seat of the pants' and 'suck it see'....which has clearly the way things have been since this board took over.

I really do believe our future lies well and truly in the hands of Ronald Koeman and his ability to override the dysfunctionality of our Board of Directors.....

Don't be a cretin. I heard the interview and thought it was OK but still woolly in areas. Actions will be much more telling. In addition to that, his Americanisms give an impression that he has little idea of what professional football is like as well as being a bit grating.

He's not being a cretin - you have to realise that the things you're picking on are a) things he will learn in time (knowing about football) and b) not his fault and not relevant (his 'Americanisms'), so it does come across that you're only picking up on HOW he says things, not WHAT he says.

Blackmores probing revealed a few possible contradictions from the other interviews....but the biggest thing for me was there is no real plan and no real target in place....More a case of 'flying by the seat of the pants' and 'suck it see'....which has clearly the way things have been since this board took over.

I didn't get that impression at all, just that he wasn't willing or able to go into full details right now about what their plan might be.

He's not being a cretin - you have to realise that the things you're picking on are a) things he will learn in time (knowing about football) and b) not his fault and not relevant (his 'Americanisms'), so it does come across that you're only picking up on HOW he says things, not WHAT he says.

I already said I wasn't thrilled with his reply to what our plan is.

I think how he says things is important because we have been discussing the board appearing like a bunch of amateurs who have been naive. Ralph's language just serves to underline the point that he has little idea of how football works.

Curious he was meeting Spurs officials though, whatever for if not a player sale?
In the SOlent interview he states it was to investigate ways Saints could replicate Spurs' link up with MLS clubs, from a commercial development point of view.

I really do believe our future lies well and truly in the hands of Ronald Koeman and his ability to override the dysfunctionality of our Board of Directors.....

I've listened to all three interviews. Very clearly they have strategy and plan. Why do people like you just make things up?!! As for 'possible contradictions'...they either are or aren't. There were none.

I suspect you are merely trying hard to discount this positive approach to help your negativity and personal attitude. I feel sad for people like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did I say it was? His Americanisms are grating.

This is because we only understand half of what they are saying but it is supposedly the same language, if the spoke pigeon English with a funny accent then we would give them a brake.

I can't believe Morgan will be happy. Will be interesting to see how they react.

Do find it odd that in the case of Morgan, we can categorically say no; whereas we couldn't say no to the others.

Reading the tedious, fatalistic posts on here, you got the impression that as soon as a big club came calling, the writing was on the wall and there was nothing we could do about things.

Unless Morgan's an absolute professional -and if there's anyone I wouldn't begrudge a move, it's him- something will have to give.

So who's calling this the 'Ronald Revolution' then? Never seen that term used on here!

BtuYPzoCYAENEii.png

I say it all the time. Just on my way to lunch now and I screamed it at some woman walking out of the building with me. Join the Ronnie Revolution or be square, that's what I always say.

Where did I say it was? His Americanisms are grating.

As an American I cringe when Ralph describes something because he does use such corporate speak. Like in my professional life, I've learned to listen for key words during such talks and haven't heard him mention anything about layoffs or taking the free coffee away so it's a positive one for me. Seriously, it sounds weird when he says football.

I've listened to all three interviews. Very clearly they have strategy and plan. Why do people like you just make things up?!! As for 'possible contradictions'...they either are or aren't. There were none.

I suspect you are merely trying hard to discount this positive approach to help your negativity and personal attitude. I feel sad for people like you.

They may have a plan but he struggled to vocalise the plan when asked directly by Adam. Before kruger we had a plan, everyone knew what it was and it was easy to understand and see it working. It would be good to have a similarly clear plan this time around.

How about those of us who never demanded a statement and don't believe him?

What about you? If you didn't want a statement, why are you commenting on it? And if you don't believe him, what more is there for you to say or hear?

Personally I believe in giving someone the benefit of the doubt and giving them a chance to act on their words. Otherwise it's a bit like writing a player off permanently after a few poor performances... what does it achieve?

I think how he says things is important because we have been discussing the board appearing like a bunch of amateurs who have been naive. Ralph's language just serves to underline the point that he has little idea of how football works.

And as I said, it's something I'm sure he'll learn in time. But in the great scheme of things, I believe most reasonable people can allow for it rather than using it as a stick.

SG's favourite club has done really well and is now doing a blinding impersonation of going tits up. Don't let that stop you from throwing a few condescending posts about.

What about you? If you didn't want a statement, why are you commenting on it? And if you don't believe him, what more is there for you to say or hear?

Personally I believe in giving someone the benefit of the doubt and giving them a chance to act on their words. Otherwise it's a bit like writing a player off permanently after a few poor performances... what does it achieve?

Because it is a public forum, and despite it not being something I personally demanded I am still going to air my own perspective in this public environment because it is clearly relevant to the team I, you and the vast majority of the other forum users all support!

I gave him the benefit of the doubt in his initial statements and so far they have proven to be hot air. Does my feeling achieve anything? No, neither does yours... or any individual forum member. Do I want him to follow up his statements as described... of course.

Don't get snippy just because our opinions differ, this is a forum.

And as I said, it's something I'm sure he'll learn in time. But in the great scheme of things, I believe most reasonable people can allow for it rather than using it as a stick.

I'm not wishing him to leave based on that point alone, it was simply a reply to someone who had also recognised it.

He has been very consistent across all three interviews. Repeated statements of the 'Koeman Revolution' and on how he lacks an Ego.

Truly hope this isn't the hot air he has previously put out.

'Without ego' and 'Ronald's Revolution' definitely two to add to Ralph bingo.

I'm not wishing him to leave based on that point alone, it was simply a reply to someone who had also recognised it.

That's fair enough... look hypo I'm not trying to pick on you here but if you look back at your posts I hope you can recognise how you may have been coming across, that's all.

They may have a plan but he struggled to vocalise the plan when asked directly by Adam. Before kruger we had a plan, everyone knew what it was and it was easy to understand and see it working. It would be good to have a similarly clear plan this time around.

True but in a plan are headlines bullet points and details. We heard the headlines. You can't expect anymore on a radio interview, maybe not even publically. Do you know where Utds plan is, Arsenals plan??? It's very simple really, be commercially viable, maximise the efficiency of the academy and get as many wins on the club as possible within our revenue and budget. If you need the 'how' beyond the blatantly obvious, you will be waiting a long time. When results are going our way no one gives two hoots about a 'plan' or a 'strategy' or a 'project' but as soon as that plan is disrupted by largely unforeseen circumstances (or at least expected in terms of timing) and the club reacts how they have everyone is concerned about a 'plan'!!!! Like Kruger says, new board new management new coaching new training facilities and subsequently new plan. As I've said before they need time to see this through and judgement day is September 1. Just as Kruger has said.

I'm not sure that the bloke could win whatever he said or whatever he did. I think he deserves credit for today. Actions though are still to be seen in terms of signing quality and quantity, but it's still July.

What was our plan before Krueger that everyone knew about?

Because it is a public forum, and despite it not being something I personally demanded I am still going to air my own perspective in this public environment because it is clearly relevant to the team I, you and the vast majority of the other forum users all support!

I gave him the benefit of the doubt in his initial statements and so far they have proven to be hot air. Does my feeling achieve anything? No, neither does yours... or any individual forum member. Do I want him to follow up his statements as described... of course.

Don't get snippy just because our opinions differ, this is a forum.

Not getting snippy at all, you should know me Colin. But I am just picking you up on this because if you didn't want the statement, then Turkish's point is clearly not aimed at you, so why then pick him up on it? Why did you ask that question back to him?

As I've just said on the Lies thread... there is a difference between us not liking what has happened, and their words being 'hot air'. None of us are happy at losing players but it seems some of the anger aimed at the board is based on fans' misconceptions and misinterpretations. It seems the new regime want to achieve something with players who want to be loyal to us while we achieve it. That may be a romantic and unrealistic notion, but it does mean that players who don't want to be here have been sold and we need to give the club time to see what happens. Still.

As we've seen in the past, unpopular decisions sometimes have to be made and only time will tell if they pay off or not. No one is saying they're doing a good job yet, but to have decided that you don't believe them already just seems a bit extreme and, as I said, based purely on your own criteria, not their own statements.

Morgan Schneiderlin ‏@SchneiderlinMo4 48s

6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!

That puts the cat amongst the pigeons! lol!

Actually, let me amend that... I think a little professionalism is needed from Morgan here. We obviously don't know the full story but he should be talking to the club, not the whole wide world.

Just listened to this.

Firstly very well done by Adam, asked all the questions we wanted to be asked.

The main points where Ralph struggled though was Fonte/Cork contracts and when answering whether Morgan and JayRod were happy to be staying.

It was pretty obvious to me that both wanted to move but we have put our foot down and said like it or lump it. I can only hope they are professional about it and help us to rebuild and integrate the new squad members.

Morgan Schneiderlin ‏@SchneiderlinMo4 48s

6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!

When Blackmore asked Ralph what the reaction of JRod and Morgan was to being told they weren't leaving it was pretty clear they weren't happy 'I won't discuss their emotions' or words to that effect.

About time too and fair play for not shirking answers to difficult questions. The proof of the pudding, so they say.......I was willing to give Reed and Kreuger the benefit of the doubt until the Chambers sale (which I am still seething about). Keeping Morgan and JRod is now vital, not only for the team going forward but also the credibility of Kreuger and the board.

Just listened to this.

Firstly very well done by Adam, asked all the questions we wanted to be asked.

The main points where Ralph struggled though was Fonte/Cork contracts and when answering whether Morgan and JayRod were happy to be staying.

It was pretty obvious to me that both wanted to move but we have put our foot down and said like it or lump it. I can only hope they are professional about it and help us to rebuild and integrate the new squad members.

I spoke a minute too soon!

Not getting snippy at all, you should know me Colin. But I am just picking you up on this because if you didn't want the statement, then Turkish's point is clearly not aimed at you, so why then pick him up on it? Why did you ask that question back to him?

Because he does like to draw generalisations for the sake of stirring. I was pointing out that not everyone who is crying foul here was demanding a statement in the first place.

I respect you giving him the benefit of the doubt (and others who would do the same), yet he said in his own statements that he recognises the board will need to earn the trust of some fans who have seen the damage to our playing side over the past few weeks. I am firmly on that side of the fence, it is time for words to become unnecessary and actions to speak loudest.