Kreuger Interviews 29/07/2014

davesaint

Really all hangs on the JRod/Schneiderlin thing now, doesn't it? it's going to go one way or the other, and it seems like the question of if they stay or go now determines everything. Either the fightback starts here, or they're all a bunch of liars and continue to roll over. Additionally, obviously, Kruger cannot stay if J-Rod/Morgan go. I think some kind of endgame is being reached.

I actually thought he spoke pretty well. He couldn't have been more emphatic in saying Jay and Morgan WILL stay, and it seems there will be players incoming very soon. Would love to believe him, only time will tell. I'm angry at what has happened like most are, but I think some just want to criticise for the sake of it.

They are not for sale...

There is always a tipping point.

F*cking b*ll****ter.

The "tipping point" comment was referring to the number of transfers (i.e. we've transferred 5 and we can't/won't go beyond that)...he wasn't saying there's a tipping point in terms of the amount of any future offers for JRod or Morgan. When he first said it I winced like you but then he clarified what he meant.

It's gone beyond what he or Les or even Ron says. It's actions they will be judged on.

I would be amazed if Morgan is still here come Sept 1st.

If he isn't, then his position is untenable and he will have to go - or fans will force him out. It will get ugly.

"We see them as a part of our core group of players," added Krueger. "Those stories being passed around are quite simply false.

"I did meet Spurs officials in Toronto but not a word was exchanged about them."

Now...what do we make of that?

Nothing. If he was knowingly lying, why would he mention that he met with Spurs officials at all?

I wasn't actually being naughty with that quote at all, was just putting it out there as to why else would he have been meeting them? We're after a couple of their lads?

I wasn't actually being naughty with that quote at all, was just putting it out there as to why else would he have been meeting them? We're after a couple of their lads?

Fair enough and good question as a result...

As I have said about a trillion times this Summer, let's calm down, wait and see and judge come September. The confusion and stress some of you must be feeling must be really draining.

Most people will adjust their moods dependant on the news (actual news not just PR) that they hear from the club. Some will be more extreme in their views, some less so, but that is their prerogative.

Please stop telling people what they should be feeling, when they are hysterical, when they should calm down, it is incredibly arrogant.

Now...what do we make of that?
Agree, we could well be looking at a couple of their players, not sure how well the club would get on with MP though, or maybe it's out of his hands.

One query on Krueger's statement - is Koeman really going to spend all this money before the season starts? It'd be a ridiculous recruitment spree in terms of players in over a short time.

Agree, we could well be looking at a couple of their players, not sure how well the club would get on with MP though, or maybe it's out of his hands.

One query on Krueger's statement - is Koeman really going to spend all this money before the season starts? It'd be a ridiculous recruitment spree in terms of players in over a short time.

Probably long-term to be used over multiple windows I imagine.

Interestingly the main thing I picked up from the section about players who want to 'short-cut' into Europe is that we actually want players to be loyal to the club and to earn their European football with the club.

Given all our discussion about loyalty, I'm sure we would all agree with the sentiment, and if we could do it would be truly amazing... but realistically, is that going to happen?

Thanks for posting that.

It makes such a difference when someone is asking all the right questions. Blackmore is obviously a lot closer to what is happening at saints than the likes of SSN and Talk****e, and it showed.

Ralph still meandered around some of his answers, but on the whole that was a really positive interview.

The most interesting of all of today's interviews.

My take on the Morgan and JRod situation is that they were going to be sold but the fans backlash has prompted them to pull the plug on these deals. When Adam asked if they had been told they weren't going and what was their reaction Ralph said he didn't want to discuss their emotions. Of course I could be wide of the mark but I believe they are not happy chappies right now.

Thanks for posting that.

It makes such a difference when someone is asking all the right questions. Blackmore is obviously a lot closer to what is happening at saints than the likes of SSN and Talk****e, and it showed.

Ralph still meandered around some of his answers, but on the whole that was a really positive interview.

It's just the management speask that puts me off. The bit about what our plan is was very woolly and didn't really say much whereas IMO I think that should be something that is easy to describe and should be something everyone is working towards.

The most interesting of all of today's interviews.

My take on the Morgan and JRod situation is that they were going to be sold but the fans backlash has prompted them to pull the plug on these deals. When Adam asked if they had been told they weren't going and what was their reaction Ralph said he didn't want to discuss their emotions. Of course I could be wide of the mark but I believe they are not happy chappies right now.

I can't believe Morgan will be happy. Will be interesting to see how they react.