Kreuger Interviews 29/07/2014

davesaint

Now...what do we make of that?

I am in Toronto at the moment and was when Spurs were here ( they beat TFC 3-2). The TFC stadium is on the waterfront area down from the CN tower and for a couple of days you couldn't go in a bar or restaurant down there without seeing Spurs staff and execs. Would imagine Ralph took in that game and the Newcastle game too and ended up talking to Spurs people out of courtesy as much as anything.

Morgan Schneiderlin ‏@SchneiderlinMo4 48s

6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!

That puts the cat amongst the pigeons! lol!

Actually, let me amend that... I think a little professionalism is needed from Morgan here. We obviously don't know the full story but he should be talking to the club, not the whole wide world.

Trouble is though, that he has seen how things worked for Lovren.

Because he does like to draw generalisations for the sake of stirring. I was pointing out that not everyone who is crying foul here was demanding a statement in the first place.

I respect you giving him the benefit of the doubt (and others who would do the same), yet he said in his own statements that he recognises the board will need to earn the trust of some fans who have seen the damage to our playing side over the past few weeks. I am firmly on that side of the fence, it is time for words to become unnecessary and actions to speak loudest.

Thing is, there I actually agree with you - they do need to earn our trust and respect... but that doesn't mean I'm not going to believe anything they say. There is a big difference.

We should all know by now anyway that football is not a black and white 'industry'. There is so much **** going on in the background, that to take anyones words as gospel is always going to leave you disappointed.

And as for Turkish, you should *definitely* know what he is like by now. ;)

Nothing. If he was knowingly lying, why would he mention that he met with Spurs officials at all?

In addition it would take extremely large attachments to lie, knowing that within a very short time it would come back and bite him, probably in those attachments.

Not sure what Morgan is on about re the 6 years destroyed in an hour tweet ?

Is he referring to the exodus of players , the radio interviews today or a meeting he had at the club with the board

Morgan should be more professional and not tweet such comments unless it's a fake Morgan account

Anyone care to summarise what Krueger said for someone too knackered and sunburnt to listen to three interviews?

Basically, we are starting a rebuild.

Funds will be provided to Koeman (he said every single bit of player sale money will go to Koeman)

He feels that next season will be tough, but we will become stronger.

Wants us to get to Europe the hard way, and feels players who want out want to do it the easy way (That was a bit of an lol comment tbf)

Jay and Morgan WILL NOT be sold - Guaranteed it, 110% they will not go. He reiterated it in every interview and even on the OS.

And then lots of waffle about how he enjoys it, about how to judge us on SEPTEMBER ONE and that teamsaints will get stronger.

Oh, and no plans to sell.

Basically, we are starting a rebuild.

Funds will be provided to Koeman (he said every single bit of player sale money will go to Koeman)

He feels that next season will be tough, but we will become stronger.

Wants us to get to Europe the hard way, and feels players who want out want to do it the easy way (That was a bit of an lol comment tbf)

Jay and Morgan WILL NOT be sold - Guaranteed it, 110% they will not go. He reiterated it in every interview and even on the OS.

And then lots of waffle about how he enjoys it, about how to judge us on SEPTEMBER ONE and that teamsaints will get stronger.

Oh, and no plans to sell.

Many thanks S Clake, really appreciate it. Good news, September 1st is the date. Still dont know what they were thinking with Chambers...

Anyone care to summarise what Krueger said for someone too knackered and sunburnt to listen to three interviews?

Morgan and Rodriguez are not for sale

The club is not for sale

All the money we've had in will be spent on the team

He made out it was some sort of strategy to get funds in to reinvest to push for Europe

Les Reed is doing a great job (as if we needed it confirming FFS)

The players we sold were sold on our terms for top whack

Understands fans frustrations but we won't lie

If people want fairy tales they are at the wrong club

New signings in over next couple of weeks

Fans will be happy with team come September

The club is not for sale

He made out it was some sort of strategy to get funds in to reinvest to push for Europe

Thanks. Sounds like he was pushing back at the criticism quite hard instead of acknowledging any mistakes - especially on timing of departures / arrivals and communication.

you don't need it confirming but I suspect the majority need it, the avatar of Reed has gone, can't understand why

I still support him, just today I am against modern football. People change avatars you know Nicholas.

Thanks. Sounds like he was pushing back at the criticism quite hard instead of acknowledging any mistakes - especially on timing of departures / arrivals and communication.

The interview with Blackmore on Solent is very good actually and worth a listen, got asked some direct and tough questions and to his credit answered them directly too.

The club is not for sale

Outstanding job, not great job. OUTSTANDING. Have some respect FFS.

K: "That's correct. And it is come September that's judgement day and I think people need to realise, we are in a process right now, that the match is far from over, and on September 1st let's have a conversation.

Oh yes. 1st September is judgment day Krueger. We need to see every penny spent on players.

We need: x1 GK, RB, CB x2, LB, x1 Creative midfielder, x2 impact players (Puncheon types), x2 Strikers with 10-15 goals I them.

10 players by 1 Sep? No chance.

Krueger - I don't trust you. Deliver that lot and you'll be found not guilty on judgment day. Not a chance you'll deliver mate, not a chance.... But I will judge you on 1 Sep.

Edited by SaintRobbie

He did say they would have liked to be able to say more but that they couldn't while negotiations were ongoing.

I think there's a fair argument that to admit that they had received approaches would have weakened their negotiating position

The club is not for sale

I don't believe one word that comes out of his mouth.

Two things that I found interesting in analysing what he said in the solent interview.

Firstly, his odd comments about Les Reed and "honesty", and secondly the continual mentioning of a "shortcut to European football".

I initially thought these references to "shortcuts to European football" were barbed comments aimed at leaving players, who were motivated to join other teams as a "shortcut to European football".

But now I think that he is talking about the club, and the fact that we have to achieve European football in way that is sustainable and economically viable for a club like us. i.e. there is no "shortcut to European football" for us. If that is the case, then it suggests that what Cortese was pursuing was an unsustainable, and economically non-viable "shortcut to European football".

Secondly, he made an odd, non sequitur comment about Les Reed's character and honesty.

Blackmore was pushing him as to whether he still felt that Les Reed was doing an exceptional job, given that a number of players that he, Blackmore, had spoken to had said that they were not happy with their dealings with Reed. Blackmore also cited that a number of players had been left to run their current deals down to a single year with no commitment on extensions.

Ralph then leapt into one of his trademarked meandering, uber-positive, bafflingly high-level, strategic-laden responses. (A man after my own heart). He ended by saying something to the effect that Les Reed is full of character and that he has been honest with everyone.

From a communication perspective, this seems like such a strange place to head after being asked such a question. The question and the response don't seem to tally. I'm sure that the good Doctor Freud would tell us that it's important.

So how would Les being honest with the players have upset them?

Perhaps in explaining that we can no longer take a "shortcut to European football", they were told that we can't keep Cortese's promises, and that perhaps new deals are not going to be of the same level of generosity as previously?

Oh, and Ralph, please! The Ronald Revolution?

This didn't come from the fans, this came from your ex-Apple marketing person....and it's not going to go viral because it's ****e.

K: "That's correct. And it is come September that's judgement day and I think people need to realise, we are in a process right now, that the match is far from over, and on September 1st let's have a conversation.

Oh yes. 1st September is judgment day Krueger. We need to see every penny spent on players.

We need: x1 GK, RB, CB x2, LB, x1 Creative midfielder, x2 impact players (Puncheon types), x2 Strikers with 10-15 goals I them.

Krueger - I don't trust you. Deliver that lot and you'll be found not guilty on judgment day. Not a chance you'll deliver mate, not a chance.... But I will judge you on 1 Sep.

Blimey RaKr must be quaking now - hahahahahahahahahaha

Two things that I found interesting in analysing what he said in the solent interview.

Firstly, his odd comments about Les Reed and "honesty", and secondly the continual mentioning of a "shortcut to European football".

I initially thought these references to "shortcuts to European football" were barbed comments aimed at leaving players, who were motivated to join other teams as a "shortcut to European football".

But now I think that he is talking about the club, and the fact that we have to achieve European football in way that is sustainable and economically viable for a club like us. i.e. there is no "shortcut to European football" for us. If that is the case, then it suggests that what Cortese was pursuing was an unsustainable, and economically non-viable "shortcut to European football".

Secondly, he made an odd, non sequitur comment about Les Reed's character and honesty.

Blackmore was pushing him as to whether he still felt that Les Reed was doing an exceptional job, given that a number of players that he, Blackmore, had spoken to had said that they were not happy with their dealings with Reed. Blackmore also cited that a number of players had been left to run their current deals down to a single year with no commitment on extensions.

Ralph then leapt into one of his trademarked meandering, uber-positive, bafflingly high-level, strategic-laden responses. (A man after my own heart). He ended by saying something to the effect that Les Reed is full of character and that he has been honest with everyone.

From a communication perspective, this seems like such a strange place to head after being asked such a question. The question and the response don't seem to tally. I'm sure that the good Doctor Freud would tell us that it's important.

Perhaps in explaining that we can no longer take a "shortcut to European football", they were told that we can't keep Cortese's promises, and that perhaps new deals are not going to be of the same level of generosity as previously?

This didn't come from the fans, this came from your ex-Apple marketing person....and it's not going to go viral because it's ****e.

I cringed big time at 'The Ronald Revolution' - it felt so contrived the way he crowbarred it into the conversation (managed it in the talkSport interview as well I believe).

Good post, think you may well be right on the "shortcut" business.

Yep. My sentiments. It was cringey.

I cringed big time at 'The Ronald Revolution' - it felt so contrived the way he crowbarred it into the conversation (managed it in the talkSport interview as well I believe).

Good post, think you may well be right on the "shortcut" business.

Surprised saints haven't started a hashtag on twitter.

We've lost 5, for now, and signed 2. Why do we need 10 players?

We needed a CB, GK and ST before this bullsh*t started. So we currently need six (5-2+3), plus replacements for whoever else leaves.

Well we only needed a CB, GK and ST to improve on our 8th place finish last season. If the replacements brought in to replace who has gone so far are like for like...we only need 3 more.

It seems we are looking to get 4-5 players according to ITKs so you might even be pleased come the end of the window.