Kreuger Interviews 29/07/2014

davesaint

Mr Richmond

I will criticise the club when I think it is right . But you sir have rarely said anything positive , instead you always voice negativity to the board

I don't think the owner wanted to sell those players but some were tapped up some wanted oodles of cash which saints could not match

Then there is the cortesse and the Argie ***** factor

It's you sir that needs to smell the coffee . Or better still start drinking tea . It might give you a different perspective on what is happening at the club

Have a nice day Mr Richmond . May someone bring you sunshine in your world of doom and gloom

reading some of the posts on here today just shows how powerful a few words from the club do. The unrest has been quashed and his hollow words have been lapped up. Seriously are fans that gullible to believe we are going to spend 90m (In fact i think he said all the transfer money in) on new players and wages? It was mentioned a couple of weeks ago that on any in-comings the transfer fee was not going to be published, it will be hard to see how much has been spent.

He said it was all available for transfer fees and wages. He didn't say it all had to be spent in this window. At least not on the interview I listened to on talk sport.

Having to spend it all in the next month would be madness

He said it was all available for transfer fees and wages. He didn't say it all had to be spent in this window. At least not on the interview I listened to on talk sport.

Having to spend it all in the next month would be madness

yes you are right. Many would take it as to strengthen the squad now. Of course he could argue it is over a decade. All playing with words and duping people/fans

yes you are right. Many would take it as to strengthen the squad now. Of course he could argue it is over a decade. All playing with words and duping people/fans

Not to mention sponging up some of the deficits that the team and it's players have already created . Just gab, nothing more, nothing less. there was an article on Molina's twitter (I think) today pointing out that some other members of the WEF aren't very truthful, like Sarkozy and Iulytchenko .

So, Morgan & Jay are staying! We should be pleased at keeping our own players under contract? No timing on the new signings???????

Could anyone please explain why Morgan and JayRod are different cases to ones that have gone? Why suddenly is Kruger saying they cannot go but to let the others go was fine....??? They obviously want to do the same as the others???? Putting your foot down now seems bizarre.

Wasn't the massive mistake letting SRL go in the first place?

This management team just don't have any handle on the management of human beings....

Apparently they knew before the World Cup who wanted to leave but we are now just two weeks or so from the first league game and we have brought in precisely two players.....

Why so slow to react? Why no plan to replace players we were clearly planning on selling after the World Cup ?

Could anyone please explain why Morgan and JayRod are different cases to ones that have gone? Why suddenly is Kruger saying they cannot go but to let the others go was fine....??? They obviously want to do the same as the others???? Putting your foot down now seems bizarre.

This management team just don't have any handle on the management of human beings....

Apparently they knew before the World Cup who wanted to leave but we are now just two weeks or so from the first league game and we have brought in precisely two players.....

Why so slow to react? Why no plan to replace players we were clearly planning on selling after the World Cup ?

I'll have a stab at it then; The sh*t hit the fan when we sold Lovren and Chamber in 24 hrs. Lovren..well we all knew about that,Chamber was the straw that sundered the proverbial camel in 2.

Mr Richmond

I will criticise the club when I think it is right . But you sir have rarely said anything positive , instead you always voice negativity to the board

I don't think the owner wanted to sell those players but some were tapped up some wanted oodles of cash which saints could not match

Then there is the cortesse and the Argie ***** factor

It's you sir that needs to smell the coffee . Or better still start drinking tea . It might give you a different perspective on what is happening at the club

Have a nice day Mr Richmond . May someone bring you sunshine in your world of doom and gloom

OK Fair point

So what makes Krueger think he can prevent Shneiderlin and JRod from moving on

Schneiderlin has voiced his wish to play CL

Now, when Five have flown the nest, Kreuger tries to shut the stable door

Many on here have criticised me when I have dared to ask "why let them go", and I was told that you can't keep a player if he wants to go

I think it pretty common knowledge that Schneiderlin wants to go

One of them is going to end up with egg on his face. Who do you think it will be.

As for the negative comments ???? Point me in the direction of a worthwhile positive one

I can see what is happening at the Club. Can you ??

?

Because they belatedly realised their 'sell-all' policy was p1ssing off the fan base and jeopardising the future of the club. Unfortunately the wheels were well and truly in motion regarding Morgan and Jrod's imminent departures despite Ralph definitely not talking to Spurs representatives in Toronto last week.

reading some of the posts on here today just shows how powerful a few words from the club do. The unrest has been quashed and his hollow words have been lapped up. Seriously are fans that gullible to believe we are going to spend 90m (In fact i think he said all the transfer money in) on new players and wages? It was mentioned a couple of weeks ago that on any in-comings the transfer fee was not going to be published, it will be hard to see how much has been spent.

No, franky don't beieve a word the hockey coach said. His comments struck me as a load of bull****, and the follw.up fromMorgan only served to reinforce my view.

UNTIL something happens which proves RK a distorter of the truth things will be quiet.

but if he thinks a few internet warriors or letters to the Echo are bad news just wait if results/performance are not good in the first few games and unrest ripples round SMS, AND yes i know it will not help the team but their are a lot of JCL's at SMS these days and they have only know good times

Personally I think only the fan unrest put a stop to Jay and Morgan leaving!?

Personally I think only the fan unrest put a stop to Jay and Morgan leaving!?

they will be going

tottenham traditionally do there business in last few days of window, i think MS will go then and JR will follow in January when he can pass medical

hope i am wrong

From what I understand from what we have been told these two are part of a "core" group of players that the club (which includes RK) wants to keep in order to build a new squad around. It seems that they have decided who to sell and who to keep. Makes perfect sense to me. As is repeated time and again, lets see what the squad looks like at the end of the window and take it from there.

I have been a Saints fan for nearly 60 years. I am just enjoying the roller coaster at the moment. Listen you lot, when you've watched Saints playing in the 3rd Division South and more recently Division 1 you can only look at this and wonder how we managed to get here. But we did and people continue to slash their wrists. Well, it's their problem. I will continue to give the club my unconditional support. Whatever you say about Saints, it's never dull.

I have been a Saints fan for nearly 60 years. I am just enjoying the roller coaster at the moment. Listen you lot, when you've watched Saints playing in the 3rd Division South and more recently Division 1 you can only look at this and wonder how we managed to get here. But we did and people continue to slash their wrists. Well, it's their problem. I will continue to give the club my unconditional support. Whatever you say about Saints, it's never dull.

Good post. The more you've seen the less you worry.

From what I understand from what we have been told these two are part of a "core" group of players that the club (which includes RK) wants to keep in order to build a new squad around. It seems that they have decided who to sell and who to keep. Makes perfect sense to me. As is repeated time and again, lets see what the squad looks like at the end of the window and take it from there.

At what time yesterday do you think Ralph decided they were part of the core?

Dont want to read back if someone already lifted this...so apologise if someone did...

But didn´t Krueger say that every penny from transfers would be reinvested in the squad, fees & wages...??

I want to believe that wages would ususally be covered by the Sky Money as it is a running cost and shouldn´t necessarily need to be covered by transfer fees...

What if it is a blinder where they cash in from the Sky Money rather than the transfer fees we have retained....?

Noone can say that they have lied then...

Trousers, is there any good points out of 10 for this conspiracy theory?? :)

Dont want to read back if someone already lifted this...so apologise if someone did...

But didn´t Krueger say that every penny from transfers would be reinvested in the squad, fees & wages...??

I want to believe that wages would ususally be covered by the Sky Money as it is a running cost and shouldn´t necessarily need to be covered by transfer fees...

What if it is a blinder where they cash in from the Sky Money rather than the transfer fees we have retained....?

vetu5yha.jpg

As far as I understand Financial Fair Play Saints are only allowed to increase their total wage bill by 4% p a unless they generate extra revenue somehow. This would mean that in order to pay our players more we have to sell players. FFP is horrible for Southampton and is something NC vehemently opposed as it effectively knackered his vision. I suspect the board are looking at a longer term plan for growing the club within the straight jacket of FFP which does involve taking some of the money from player sales and converting it into wages.

Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post

So, Morgan & Jay are staying! We should be pleased at keeping our own players under contract? No timing on the new signings???????

Don't hold your breath

Morgan and Ramirez are supposed to be carrying minor knocks, so didn't feature v Brighton.. J Rod is still recovering from his serious injury

Spurs have put in a revised bid for Morgan, and, trouble is, I no longer believe a single word that Krueger and Reed say

"Being here at the start of the season", is NOT the same as staying with SFC. Period

Some are now beginning to blame FFP for the start of our troubles. Well, SFC may be world leaders in that. Pity the other 19 Premier Teams don't show as much urgency in implementing it

Some are now beginning to blame FFP for the start of our troubles. Well, SFC may be world leaders in that. Pity the other 19 Premier Teams don't show as much urgency in implementing it

Maybe "the other 19 Premier Teams" didn't let their wages get so out of kilter with their commercial revenue as we supposedly did...?

Some of the fantasy used to try to justify what the Kruguer and Reed have done are ingenious, but they are just that - fantasy. The suggestion that the Board had to sell players or couldn't stop a player leaving when he said he wanted to go doesn't match the evidence:

1. The Board stated that no players needed to be sold that the manager wanted to keep - so was that true or was it not?

2.If a player could not be kept to his contract after saying he wanted to go, how could the club 'negotiate' a large fee? To negotiate a fee must mean the club had the option of refusing to sell, otherwise the buying club would have offered less, or even very little. The large fees indicate that money was the deciding factor.

3. For the Chairman to state that Schneiderlin will not be sold, shows this position has always been available and could have been taken with any of the other 5 sales.

4. Despite saying money from player sales will be used on the team, there is minimal evidence of this, with only two players bought and the third a loan.

Whether Kruguer will keep his word over Schneiderlin remains to be seen and if he does it may well be because he is trying to hang on to whatever credibility he thinks he still has rather than the need to stop the sales after 5 have already bolted. Ironically, keeping Morgan may not be so important now, since the cohesion of the settled side has already been destroyed leaving rebuilding as the only option. Of course, Morgan could be part of the rebuild but with new players all around him, that isn't as key as it was before the team was pulled apart, the proviso being that his replacement would need to be of similar quality. I'm sure fans would like him to stay, but then fans wanted all the others to stay as well, with the club adding to squad as promised. That promise has not been kept so it is logical to be sceptical as to whether the Morgan/Jay promise will be kept either.

Loyalty to the club, does not require loyalty to a board that is open to charges of incompetence and dishonest public statements. If they do now spend the balance of the £90m, and something of the so called £30m transfer budget that had already been talked about before any players left, they could rebut those charges, but they have very little time to do so and a huge confidence gap to overcome.

Maybe "the other 19 Premier Teams" didn't let their wages get so out of kilter with their commercial revenue as we supposedly did...?

If the wages here were so out of control - and you don't know that - how is it that inadequate pay has been cited as the reason for players wanting to leave....... Southampton had more income from prize and TV money than about half the other Prem clubs.

Some of the fantasy used to try to justify what the Kruguer and Reed have done are ingenious, but they are just that - fantasy. The suggestion that the Board had to sell players or couldn't stop a player leaving when he said he wanted to go doesn't match the evidence:

1. The Board stated that no players needed to be sold that the manager wanted to keep - so was that true or was it not?

2.If a player could not be kept to his contract after saying he wanted to go, how could the club 'negotiate' a large fee? To negotiate a fee must mean the club had the option of refusing to sell, otherwise the buying club would have offered less, or even very little. The large fees indicate that money was the deciding factor.

3. For the Chairman to state that Schneiderlin will not be sold, shows this position has always been available and could have been taken with any of the other 5 sales.

4. Despite saying money from player sales will be used on the team, there is minimal evidence of this, with only two players bought and the third a loan.

Whether Kruguer will keep his word over Schneiderlin remains to be seen and if he does it may well be because he is trying to hang on to whatever credibility he thinks he still has rather than the need to stop the sales after 5 have already bolted. Ironically, keeping Morgan may not be so important now, since the cohesion of the settled side has already been destroyed leaving rebuilding as the only option. Of course, Morgan could be part of the rebuild but with new players all around him, that isn't as key as it was before the team was pulled apart, the proviso being that his replacement would need to be of similar quality. I'm sure fans would like him to stay, but then fans wanted all the others to stay as well, with the club adding to squad as promised. That promise has not been kept so it is logical to be sceptical as to whether the Morgan/Jay promise will be kept either.

Loyalty to the club, does not require loyalty to a board that is open to charges of incompetence and dishonest public statements. If they do now spend the balance of the £90m, and something of the so called £30m transfer budget that had already been talked about before any players left, they could rebut those charges, but they have very little time to do so and a huge confidence gap to overcome.

1 and 2 is pretty ingenious on your part. Nonsense. I gave up after that.

.....Loyalty to the club, does not require loyalty to a board that is open to charges of incompetence and dishonest public statements. If they do now spend the balance of the £90m, and something of the so called £30m transfer budget that had already been talked about before any players left, they could rebut those charges, but they have very little time to do so and a huge confidence gap to overcome.

I think 'incompetence' and 'dishonesty' are a tad harsh. Naivety and desperation may be closer to the truth as they woke up to the eye-watering reality of footballing business - either way, they certainly have an amount to do to repair the broken confidence I vertainly have in them, but they need the time.

As for spending the whole £90M, I would far rather they spent nowhere near all of it but kept a fat proportion in that "transfer funds for future use" bucket (might come in very handy in Jan, who knows?)- in other words, use the Sky money for the daily running - to 'lose' this windfall in the general running costs of the club would be woeful.

Still makes me smile - £90M for a crock, a kid, a porker, an illegal alien and an old man is damn good business ;)

If the wages here were so out of control - and you don't know that - how is it that inadequate pay has been cited as the reason for players wanting to leave....... Southampton had more income from prize and TV money than about half the other Prem clubs.

With a salarial mass for the entire enterprise of 52 million £ it was hardly out of control.

With a salarial mass for the entire enterprise of 52 million £ it was hardly out of control.

I agree that the wages weren't out of control but we are in the position of an up and coming club with young improving players looking to better themselves both in football terms and financially and FFP has put a financial straight jacket on us. When you've got a total wage bill of 52 mill and you can only increase it by 4% there ain't a lot of room but when your wage bill is closer to 200 mill and you've got expanding commercial operations then you have a lot more flexibility and can offer what you need to to get the players you want. FFP has simply cemented in place the current order. That's why NC was against it and I suspect what to do about it was at the route of the schism in the club last year.

I agree that the wages weren't out of control but we are in the position of an up and coming club with young improving players looking to better themselves both in football terms and financially and FFP has put a financial straight jacket on us. When you've got a total wage bill of 52 mill and you can only increase it by 4% there ain't a lot of room but when your wage bill is closer to 200 mill and you've got expanding commercial operations then you have a lot more flexibility and can offer what you need to to get the players you want. FFP has simply cemented in place the current order. That's why NC was against it and I suspect what to do about it was at the route of the schism in the club last year.

You might have missed a very specific point which I made in the OP. FFP refers only to salaries for Players and Coaching staff. Our entire salarial mass was said to be round about 52 million, including, shop assistants,tea ladies, back room staff etc. For the past season I very much doubt if we were anywhere near the threshold figure, Cortese alone took 2.2 million of a 41.7 total amount for the year 2012/13. Perhaps Egg could help me out here, gave us the figure of 52 million, perhaps he has some idea of the player/non player ratios within that. FFP is being used as an excuse by some, even Krueger said it didn't enter into the equation. Southampton FC seem to be hiring a lot of people just now if you go by the situations advertised on the OS,that's either because those that we had have either been sacked or left or we're expanding and taking situations in house rather than paying outside providers. These salaries however do not count towards FFP, as far as I can see it's only player salaries that are capped in the 56 million £ threshold now in operation;

Our wages were never out of kilter with where we were (see all published reports on club wage bills as a percentage of revenue ). NC was constantly giving players new contracts as our football league position and club revenues increased. The top players were always underpaid compared to their peers at bigger clubs and they stayed on the basis the club had ambition they were enjoying the cameraderie and management style of Mopo and as the football improved so did the income and their pay.

The moment they felt the club was losing momentum and ambition this finally balanced motivating tactic was disturbed and after a few of them had their heads turned whilst with England and Mopo left, the club planned to let a few of them go to create a fund for Koeman to build his team. However what was a planned trickle suddenly became a flood they did not anticipate, did not nip in the bud and could not control. That is where they failed!

As a result he have had lots of cash come in at once an issue that is putting us on the back foot with potential joiners who are reluctant to join a club seen from the outside in Turmoil and whose clubs are greedy for our cash. That is why the only joiners to date have been those known by Koeman and have joined largely because of him.

Our wages were never out of kilter with where we were (see all published reports on club wage bills as a percentage of revenue ). NC was constantly giving players new contracts as our football league position and club revenues increased. The top players were always underpaid compared to their peers at bigger clubs and they stayed on the basis the club had ambition they were enjoying the cameraderie and management style of Mopo and as the football improved so did the income and their pay.

The moment they felt the club was losing momentum and ambition this finally balanced motivating tactic was disturbed and after a few of them had their heads turned whilst with England and Mopo left, the club planned to let a few of them go to create a fund for Koeman to build his team. However what was a planned trickle suddenly became a flood they did not anticipate, did not nip in the bud and could not control. That is where they failed!

As a result he have had lots of cash come in at once an issue that is putting us on the back foot with potential joiners who are reluctant to join a club seen from the outside in Turmoil and whose clubs are greedy for our cash. That is why the only joiners to date have been those known by Koeman and have joined largely because of him.

Who said the club was losing momentum and ambition? All I ever heard from the board were that things were going to continue as was and that there was money to strengthen. There was a lot of stuff printed in the press that this and that had changed, but had they? Tell me what changed? Selling an 18yo for £30m - that was always on the cards and Pochettino knew/agreed this? Selling Lambert - reports that he was off to WHU last January so no real change there? We offered Pochettino the same amount that he is earning at Spurs - so what was different there? Hell they all bunked off before they even knew who the next manager was going to be.

Or is the real difference the wages that we can offer the players? OK it was something like 59% of revenue. If Spurs spend 59% of revenue on wages then I guess that triples the amount that we offer. So really, the only thing that has changed is the wages that the players feel they can get and that is how it started. There are so many excuses flyiung around - half the team loved the Chairman, half the team loved the manager but it looks like those same people didn't love the wage they were being paid.

Our entire salarial mass was said to be round about 52 million, including, shop assistants,tea ladies, back room staff etc.

Just a heads up, 'salarial' isn't actually a word, or not an English word, at least. If you're trying to sound clever, it's best to use real, existing words to do so...

EDIT: My mistake, it is a word.

salarial

Web definitions

Salaria is a genus of fish in the Blenniidae family. There are four species in this genus.

Although now I'm confused even more. What does the amount of fish we have got to do with our wage structure?

Who said the club was losing momentum and ambition? All I ever heard from the board were that things were going to continue as was and that there was money to strengthen. There was a lot of stuff printed in the press that this and that had changed, but had they? Tell me what changed? Selling an 18yo for £30m - that was always on the cards and Pochettino knew/agreed this? Selling Lambert - reports that he was off to WHU last January so no real change there? We offered Pochettino the same amount that he is earning at Spurs - so what was different there? Hell they all bunked off before they even knew who the next manager was going to be.

Or is the real difference the wages that we can offer the players? OK it was something like 59% of revenue. If Spurs spend 59% of revenue on wages then I guess that triples the amount that we offer. So really, the only thing that has changed is the wages that the players feel they can get and that is how it started. There are so many excuses flyiung around - half the team loved the Chairman, half the team loved the manager but it looks like those same people didn't love the wage they were being paid.

Whether or not we believe the board, that they have not lost ambition, is irrelevant suffice to say if the ambition to continue improving was there they appear to have failed miserably to convey it to the players who certainly do not appear to believe it, hence they all wanted out!

Just a heads up, 'salarial' isn't actually a word, or not an English word, at least. If you're trying to sound clever, it's best to use real, existing words to do so...

Although now I'm confused even more. What does the amount of fish we have got to do with our wage structure?

BS I think in french, I write here in English (or a fashion) if you don't like it don't read it. Most seem to get along with it fairly well, they may not like whatever it is that I say, few criticise

the delivery.

'When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

Humpty-Dumpty

I'm usually one of the more positive posters on here but I have to agree with those who have pointed out that the comment about Morgan being here at the beginning of the season is not the same as saying he will still be with us when the transfer window closes.

I believe JRod will be, but only due to his injury.

I'm usually one of the more positive posters on here but I have to agree with those who have pointed out that the comment about Morgan being here at the beginning of the season is not the same as saying he will still be with us when the transfer window closes.

I believe JRod will be, but only due to his injury.

I think Krueger said that MS will be at Saints on September One - that would be after the window closes.

:mcinnes:

If you and anyone else cares enough to have an opinion, why not read what the guy actually said?

It was very clear - judge us on 1 September.