Staplewood, Grand Opening today.

Norm

m729NLuZ_normal.pngSouthampton FC @SouthamptonFC ·

Ralph Krueger: “We are delighted to open our new facility and proud to pay tribute to the memory of Markus Liebherr.”

Ralph Krueger: “Markus’s vision and legacy will live on in every player and member of staff.”

Gareth Rogers: “Markus's vision was to create a sustainable football club and one that plays great football.” #

Gareth Rogers: “Integral to that was the building of the training ground. The club is about sustainability.” #TheNextChapter

#TheNextChapter

m729NLuZ_normal.pngSouthampton FC @SouthamptonFC ·

#SaintsFC also announces plans to extend the Markus Liebherr Pavilion with the construction of a two-story annex building.

Les Reed: “This is only phase one of a big project. We’re always looking forward.”

#TheNextChapter

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20141105-markus-liebherr-pavilion-2063443.aspx

"Most of the cost has come from Katharina’s wealth, so it is right that there is a lasting memory of Markus at the club."

Edited by trousers

BBC Reporter:

"At Staplewood for a behind the scenes tour of the new #SaintsFC training complex. Looks incredible. Not allowed to tweet pics til midday tho"

And apparently, Katharina has handed over Markus's lucky red and white scarf to the club, where it will remain.

BBC Reporter:

"At Staplewood for a behind the scenes tour of the new #SaintsFC training complex. Looks incredible. Not allowed to tweet pics til midday tho"

And apparently, Katharina has handed over Markus's lucky red and white scarf to the club, where it will remain.

Nice touch. What with the video last night I'm fast joining the ranks of emotional grown men here!

markus-liebherr-stock-news148-1725637_478x359.jpg

A nice touch but don't like the way it starts with 'Saved Southampton Football Club'.

What would you have said? The Club that we have now is very largely down to him initially and to his daughter since his sad demise. When one stops to consider the precarious situation that we were in when he arrived and bought us and then imagine the alternative scenario that might have unfolded otherwise, I don't think that it is inappropriate to say that he saved the club.

What would you have said? The Club that we have now is very largely down to him initially and to his daughter since his sad demise. When one stops to consider the precarious situation that we were in when he arrived and bought us and then imagine the alternative scenario that might have unfolded otherwise, I don't think that it is inappropriate to say that he saved the club.

Ignore him, he's just being a plank.

Pap that is brilliant

Thanks, Gemmel.

I was actually inspired by a school trip to Fort Spitbank. They had precisely two shítters on that fort, one for the commander and another for everyone else. As such, its application here is one of the highest honours one can pay to the man, and I can see no way in which it might be perceived as disrespectful.