Staplewood, Grand Opening today.

Norm

Lol at the Sky Sports coverage of the recruitment team. Paul Mitchell repeatedly asked whether 'this was the place you would spot someone like Graziano Pelle & Dusan Tadic, and convince the manager to sign them'. Think Koeman formed an opinion on both without use of the 'black box'.

In a recent interview Ron confirmed that he wanted to bring Pelle and Tadic to the club but added that Tadic was already on our scouting list.

Very true. Don't think I met anyone at forest away who really thought it was our last ever game.

No reason at all for most fans to have any real inside knowledge but we were massively close to closing down for good in that summer, due to lack of funds and no credible buyer coming forward. The bucket collections and fans fund raising that went on were not just for "cream on top" but to actually keep the lights on. But you or Noodles keep up the trolling if you want

No reason at all for most fans to have any real inside knowledge but we were massively close to closing down for good in that summer, due to lack of funds and no credible buyer coming forward. The bucket collections and fans fund raising that went on were not just for "cream on top" but to actually keep the lights on. But you or Noodles keep up the trolling if you want

Why is it trolling to debunk the myth that we would have folded as a club without Markus? Quite simply we wouldn't have. Clearly we wouldn't have been anywhere near where we are now but we would have survived just like every single club of comparable size has done in the same situation.

I wonder, in light of today's events whether the flag which many fans paid towards could be used as was intended to show our gratitude to Markus on matchdays?

I think it would look great passing along the stands or maybe stretched out on the pitch ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1416[/ATTACH]

Agreed - Surely now would be the right time to revisit this piece of unexplained recent history?

I wonder if Ralph even knows about the flag. Maybe, if he doesn't, he would find some decent use for it?

Can't Guan or anyone esle with club connections whisper something in his ear or something?

Why is it trolling to debunk the myth that we would have folded as a club without Markus? Quite simply we wouldn't have. Clearly we wouldn't have been anywhere near where we are now but we would have survived just like every single club of comparable size has done in the same situation.

Because, 1) unlike Noodles trolling, we were very close to "going bust" i.e liquidation, and 2) there were no other credible buyers. Yes of course you can speculate that AN Other party would have turned up, but even if they had, there was no time for another deal

I think 'saving it' is a bit much to the letter of the law. Thee's not many that would have taken us to where we are now, thats for sure, but if he had not come in, someone else would have, we would never have gone bust, thats a fact.

Pretty false reasoning there, no?

Just because someone else could have bought the club, the person that did can't be credited with saving the club? Without action, the club would have folded. Therefore whoever takes that action must be credited with saving the club.

Or, by your reasoning, if two people are standing by a pool where someone is drowning, no matter who jumps in to help, neither will have technically saved them because the other one could have.

Maybe we could've done a Pompey or a Luton, both comparable clubs. You're probably right, we wouldn't have folded - we could have been playing Luton. I suppose there would be less plastics and foreigners supporting us.

Maybe 'saving the club' means saving the club in a way that means we have any significant presence in the world of football. I do take your point that we'd still have a decent showing of fans in the conference.

Agreed - Surely now would be the right time to revisit this piece of unexplained recent history?

I wonder if Ralph even knows about the flag. Maybe, if he doesn't, he would find some decent use for it?

Can't Guan or anyone esle with club connections whisper something in his ear or something?

If you want an official statement, you'd be better off asking en-mass on Twitter.

Because, 1) unlike Noodles trolling, we were very close to "going bust" i.e liquidation, and 2) there were no other credible buyers. Yes of course you can speculate that AN Other party would have turned up, but even if they had, there was no time for another deal

I think people have forgotten those long long weeks in Summer of 2009. Pinnacle. Tony Lynam coming on here, pulling everyone's plonkers, but ultimately wasting everyone's time. I thought it was sussed at the time, but many were hanging onto that Pinnacle bid like it was our last hope. The 500K that Crouchie spent on securing exclusivity would have been utterly counterproductive if Liebherr hadn't have swooped in at the last minute.

It really is no exaggeration to say he saved the club.

Wish Ralph hadn't waved the scarf around with such a lack of reverence

Yes, I thought that was strange too, especially as it is obviously cherished by the family. His choice of words was a bit odd in parts, but overall it was a good speech. He obviously wants the very best for the club - I think he just gets a little bit over excited at times. He has the energy, the drive, and that should be applauded. Great videos, great day. All those interviewed were very impressive - Les Reed in particular. Great to see TP attend all the way from South Africa. I remember the days when he had a greengrocers not far from the Dell.

Sorry mate there is no credible evidence that we would have been liquidated. You can peddle that fantasy if it makes you feel better but it doesn't make it true.

Maybe we could've done a Pompey or a Luton, both comparable clubs. You're probably right, we wouldn't have folded - we could have been playing Luton. I suppose there would be less plastics and foreigners supporting us.

Maybe 'saving the club' means saving the club in a way that means we have any significant presence in the world of football. I do take your point that we'd still have a decent showing of fans in the conference.

Yeah I can broadly agree with that view. He certainly revived the club at any rate.

As good as the long video is have the club shown too much off or is this just the tip of the iceberg?

Watching this at what has been put into the club, I do wander how far/long we are away from being a real threat consistently to the big club? or is this the start of it?

Fantastic time to be a Saints fan just wish I could see them more often in the flesh....

Sorry mate there is no credible evidence that we would have been liquidated. You can peddle that fantasy if it makes you feel better but it doesn't make it true.

I have to say, hypo you are wrong. Secondly you are showing bad form. This thread is rightly full of tributes to Markus Liebherr, to his memory and legacy. Let people reflect on how he saved this club and consider the gift that he has left for us all to go forward together. Now please, stop posting and accept gracefully the truth that Marku Liebherr did indeed save SFC.

Hypo is correct, there is absolutely no way we would have gone out if existence, just a myth.

However I am happy saying Markus saved us. He did save us. Saving something or someone does not always mean "from death".

Markus saved us from despair, from misery, from Mark Wotte and Lee Molyneux. He saved us all right.

Hypo is correct, there is absolutely no way we would have gone out if existence, just a myth.

However I am happy saying Markus saved us. He did save us. Saving something or someone does not always mean "from death".

Markus saved us from despair, from misery, from Mark Wotte and Lee Molyneux. He saved us all right.

Just a myth? No evidence? so my dad wasn't paid late because there was no money? the sale of Surman and pinnicle exclusivity payments didn't keep the club going for another month or so? the staff were not told 'we can't pay you, we are in breach of contract, you don't have to turn up tomorrow' and that 'if a buyer is not found with a month the doors would be closed forever'?

do you need anymore?

Miserable. And change your profile picture for Christ sake.

No way. Hypo should keep his current avatar as it helps us all remember what a massive **** he is. Just like the last one where he mocked Markus. No one else on this board has got things so badly wrong with their choice of avatars and thats because no one else is on a par with Hypo when it comes to being a grade A ****.

The evidence so far would beg to differ.

I really, really wish you would drop this. It is very offensive on a day when we are celebrating the dedication of a fantastic resource in the name of, yes, our saviour.

Yes, no-one knows where the club would be today without Markus, but it is incredibly unlikely that it would be the success it is now.

I unashamedly give my undying thanks to the Liebherr family.

Just watched those videos after getting in from the office. They really are quite something and provide emphasis of just how fortunate we are to have been embraced by such a benevolent owner and family.

All the terrible vitriol directed at Katharina over the summer, a dreamwrecker, an asset stripper. No, just a woman who clearly misses her father dearly and wishes to respect his wishes and legacy.

With this kind of considered vision and care towards how we are run I see no reason why we cannot continue to improve further in all areas.

Anyone know what significance the numbers next to the letters of "Southampton" mean? It's written on the wall of the dining area I believe. There's also arrows next to the numbers.

Eleven letters in SOUTHAMPTON, eleven players in a team.

So they're arranged as a football team, geddit?

Although it seems a bit strange that the letters seem to be playing 4-4-2, when the club's philosophy has been stated as 4-3-3 at all levels.

Just a myth? No evidence? so my dad wasn't paid late because there was no money? the sale of Surman and pinnicle exclusivity payments didn't keep the club going for another month or so? the staff were not told 'we can't pay you, we are in breach of contract, you don't have to turn up tomorrow' and that 'if a buyer is not found with a month the doors would be closed forever'?

do you need anymore?

I have no doubt all that happened, as it no doubt happened at the many other clubs in similar situations which also didn't go out of business forever.

We would not have ceased to exist without Markus, we were in administration for a handful of weeks whereby we were then bought by a bloody billionaire, one with no link or affinity to the club prior to purchase. Hardly an unsavable basket case of liquidation, now was it?

But ridiculous to bicker about that on this thread, so I will stop now.

Jesus, this is no t an obituary thread is it?

if trolling is saying that we would not have gone bust, then I am guilty as charged.

if trolling is having a difference of opinion to most other posters, then guilty again, sorry, clearly I am missing the point of a forum.

And there's been no disrespect to ML in any of my posts, I am as thankful as the next guy, it's just that technically he didn't save us, we would have survived, pedantic maybe, but true.