Pre Match Fighting at Burnley

bangkoksaint

Just got back from the game and never in 36 years of following Saints have I been so ashamed of what I saw. Taking my 7 year old son I got caught right in the middle of what was clearly a pre-planned fight at the cricket club. To some extent some may describe it as minor but he wet himself and was terrified of what he saw. He didn't stop crying until we entered the ground. Who started it is neither here nor there but those involved should hang their heads in shame and in my view are a moronic element of our fan base that clearly have little or no intelligence.

Just got back from the game and never in 36 years of following Saints have I been so ashamed of what I saw. Taking my 7 year old son I got caught right in the middle of what was clearly a pre-planned fight at the cricket club. To some extent some may describe it as minor but he wet himself and was terrified of what he saw. He didn't stop crying until we entered the ground. Who started it is neither here nor there but those involved should hang their heads in shame and in my view are a moronic element of our fan base that clearly have little or no intelligence.

Pathetic. Sadly every club has it's inbred council estate scum.

Listen guys, all clubs have a small minority of wannabe hooligans. Burnley is not different, other than we have actually had reputation (70's, 80'd and probably even early 90's) for it.

Regarding today I left on 90-92 mins, mainly to avoid to crowd n the pub, but Saints fans were already gathering(handfuls) at the Cricket Club then. Burnley fans were happy leaving the ground (there's a wire fences separating leaving Clarets fans parking in the Cricket Club (lots) and from what I've heard, it was tit for tat. Saints were chanting, not happy of course, and Clarets responded in kind. Naughty boys on both sides.

Fighting down the Main Street (a Yorkshire street?) with Clarets ending up on top of Saints cars. It got a bit messy I'm told,

Not seen anything like it for 12-14 years at Burnley.

***I've only got 3 posts this 24 hours on here****

That's awful - hope your boy is ok.

Listen guys, all clubs have a small minority of wannabe hooligans. Burnley is not different, other than we have actually had reputation (70's, 80'd and probably even early 90's) for it.

Regarding today I left on 90-92 mins, mainly to avoid to crowd n the pub, but Saints fans were already gathering(handfuls) at the Cricket Club then. Burnley fans were happy leaving the ground (there's a wire fences separating leaving Clarets fans parking in the Cricket Club (lots) and from what I've heard, it was tit for tat. Saints were chanting, not happy of course, and Clarets responded in kind. Naughty boys on both sides.

Fighting down the Main Street (a Yorkshire street?) with Clarets ending up on top of Saints cars. It got a bit messy I'm told,

Not seen anything like it for 12-14 years at Burnley.

***I've only got 3 posts this 24 hours on here****

Cheers for taking the time to post.

I would guess, you have called it spot on.

Sounds like the cricket hooligans causing trouble again. Something really needs to be done about those c*nts. Same thing every winter, just cos their own dumb game is off-season they try and pick a fight with peace-loving football fans. F*cking middle-class scum.

Sounds like the cricket hooligans causing trouble again. Something really needs to be done about those c*nts. Same thing every winter, just cos their own dumb game is off-season they try and pick a fight with peace-loving football fans. F*cking middle-class scum.

Sounds like your typical three bed semi detached house owning top up tan saloon driving thugs.

Brilliant post. Genuinely made me chuckle

My wife and I started off in a council estate in south east London. We bought the place after a few years and grafted our way up to a 8 bedroom Georgian Rectory. We're not all 6-fingered, genetically close, scum.

You've gone one extreme to other. Your grandkids will be inbred from your kids nobbing the aristocracy.

I don't think 'inbred' is something you can aim at people on council estates. If anything, that's something you would aim at the upper classes and royalty who generally marry into wealth and privilege and all seem to be distantly related to each other.

If there is a stereotype associated with council estates it's probably people being mixed race, which is about as far from inbreeding as you can get.

I don't think 'inbred' is something you can aim at people on council estates. If anything, that's something you would aim at the upper classes and royalty who generally marry into wealth and privilege and all seem to be distantly related to each other.

If there is a stereotype associated with council estates it's probably people being mixed race, which is about as far from inbreeding as you can get.

What?!! Think you are over thinking it mate

reading some of the reports was pretty sickening. I don't know what I would do if I had a 5 year old kid in the passenger seat and a yob was smashing the car to try and get in. Was this before the 13 year old was hurt or after, it is hard to work out. If it was. Enforce perhaps panic set in, either way it was pretty upsetting for both young kids

After the game, we turned right out of the ground and went straight on at the traffic lights into Yorkshire St. The incident occurred on the road to the right. As we reached the end of Yorkshire St. under the viaduct, where it meets the dual carriageway, we were cutting through a small car park, when there was shouting and a small, dark red coloured car, came straight through dozens of pedestrians, swerving right to avoid parked cars and almost ran over my friend. The bloke driving didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing and was fearing the worst as dozens of us were banging on his roof and windows. Someone then shouted that he had a kid in the back and we walked on. It seemed he had got his foot stuck under the accelerator or so we thought afterwards.

I wonder if this was the same bloke, trying to get away after running over the girl. This happened minutes before we got soaked by that hailstorm. Truly a wonderful afternoon!

After the game, we turned right out of the ground and went straight on at the traffic lights into Yorkshire St. The incident occurred on the road to the right. As we reached the end of Yorkshire St. under the viaduct, where it meets the dual carriageway, we were cutting through a small car park, when there was shouting and a small, dark red coloured car, came straight through dozens of pedestrians, swerving right to avoid parked cars and almost ran over my friend. The bloke driving didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing and was fearing the worst as dozens of us were banging on his roof and windows. Someone then shouted that he had a kid in the back and we walked on. It seemed he had got his foot stuck under the accelerator or so we thought afterwards.

I wonder if this was the same bloke, trying to get away after running over the girl. This happened minutes before we got soaked by that hailstorm. Truly a wonderful afternoon!

It was certainly a red car that was surrounded by 5/6 police cars on the M6.