Weekends Other Games 21/22

Twiggy

He was atrocious today, but in fairness Rodgers was playing him at wingback. Absolutely mental. Like playing Mane there.

Anyway, Gaston Ramirez started for Hull.

rogers is a great manager though. one of the great managers of english football.....so we are told

Worth a United win just to wipe the smile of Rodgers smug face and hear his ridiculous cringe worthy defence of Skirtel's last minute stamp on the keeper

Race for 4th not yet over the top teams all play each other many times yet so an opportunity if we can put a run together

Edited by Saint Without a Halo

To be fair he has had two seasons longer to get used to the premier and its demands

And also to be fair, he didn't get much playing time with us under NA or MP. I'm sure MLG could check the facts on this, but I'd reckon he's played more minutes on loan than he played for us.

Top 4 is a massive ask from here, but the one good thing about that is there is no pressure on us anymore. 5th would be an outstanding achievement, especially finishing above Pochettino, Lovren and Lallana.

I know we have Everton away, City Away & Tottenham at home yet, but utd also have Chelsea, Arsenal & City to play too as well as a tough trip to Everton. So I can see at least 12 points for United that aren't nailed on

I know we have Everton away, City Away & Tottenham at home yet, but utd also have Chelsea, Arsenal & City to play too as well as a tough trip to Everton. So I can see at least 12 points for United that aren't nailed on
yep, if we take care of business the next 3 matches [Everton (a), Hull (h) and Stoke (a), big ask, I know], we may only be a point or two off 4th place when we play Tottenham.

Having read the reports on here, it may be helpful that Gaston can't play against us in the next home game but I do wonder if loan players are healthy for the game by giving the loaning club an unfair advantage, not just against the loanee club but in relation to other teams where the borrowing club can play their strongest team.

Gutted this morning. Fourth certainly gone so a three way battle for Europa League. Spurs maybe won't want to get involved in that again for fixture congestion reasons and remember Pochettino was anti-Europa when he was here. OK we get a bit more money for 6th than 7th so maybe that's what we are really playing for now?

Having read the reports on here, it may be helpful that Gaston can't play against us in the next home game but I do wonder if loan players are healthy for the game by giving the loaning club an unfair advantage, not just against the loanee club but in relation to other teams where the borrowing club can play their strongest team.

Loan players are healthy for the game, but very unhealthy indeed as its set up now. imho, loans within the same division should not be allowed. It gives the richest clubs yet another trump card, which some of them play routinely and regularly, most notably chelsea.