Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

It is quite amazing fifteen months or so ago most fans had never heard of Markus and were expecting MLT to be the next Chairman.

Now many thousands of Saints Fans are devasted by his death a fitting response for a life well lived.

He will be remembered and respected RIP Markus

All thoughts with Markus' family today. With him being a religious man I sincerely hope they can take comfort in how much he will be appreciating the support and thanks he has been receiving over the last few days. I will be there on Saturday with my 6 year old, who without Markus would never have been able to share my love of this club.

WIFM

I think we will look back on his brief time with us as a turning point in our history. Not many people can say that they made such a difference. Perhaps his family will continue the good work?

can not be at the church today because of work but my thoughts go out to Markus and his family. You will never be forgotten for the impact you had in so little a time at our club, god bless Markus, rest in peace.

A very sad day. I cannot be at the church today due to work commitments but will be at St Marys on Saturday.
    Thank you Markus. I did not have the pleasure of knowing you personally but I will always think of you when I enter St Marys.
    I am glad that at least you saw us win a trophy. The image of you with the broad grin on your face and the camera in your hand will be my long lasting memory of the day at Wembley.

Thoughts are with the family.

I'll never forget that first appearance at St Mary's a year ago waving to the crowd from the front row of the director's stand. Markus looked so happy to be here. He looked the picture of health too.
    We all love you, Markus. Your name will be revered here with the greatest of Saints legends. Thank you so much.

Sympathy and condolences to all your family.

One of the all-time Saints legends, a very big impact in a a sadly very short space of time. I'm just sorry that I cannot attend today and I'm missing Saturday's game. I will be singing the Liebherr name at other games this season and raising a glass to Markus this evening.

RIP Markus and thank you from the bottom of every Saints fans heart, for saving this family club.

RIP saint markus

Just back from holiday, when this sad news broke we all felt so far from home, truly shocking.

This gentleman deserves a permanent memorial at St Mary's to demonstrate our gratitude for what he's done for our club.

Markus Liebherr RIP.

My Mother died the same day as Markus. Both will remain in my family's thoughts and, for very
    different reasons, will never be forgotten.

Thank you, Markus.

Markus - you came nearly too late, and have left far too soon.

RIP

It seems the tributes outside SMS will be removed today as they spread to turnstile areas.
    To be boxed up and sent to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennyred View Post
    It seems the tributes outside SMS will be removed today as they spread to turnstile areas.
    To be boxed up and sent to his family.
    Not according to Official Saints on twitter - tributes will still be there tomorrow:

officialsaints
    RT @TractorSaint: Are we going to be able to see the tributes at St Mary's tomorrow? #saintsfc < Yes, they will remain out the front of SMS

Default Wifm

We can never thank him enough for saving Saints

This pic is very very nice,imo.

I've been abroad on a limited access internet service but would not wish to miss adding to the official tribute thread -

For all Saints supporters a saviour, to all he touched a genuine & honest man, a businessman with few equals it seems. I'll be eternally grateful that he had the JPT to understand the joy of the club & the gratitude of the Saints family to share with his own.

Thank you Markus - you'll always be a Saint in Southampton & beyond!

A few of my own pics can be found here for those that are interested

http://gallery.me.com/dstretch#100022

There's an obituary in the Independent today:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ob...c-2063201.html

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    There's an obituary in the Independent today:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/ob...c-2063201.html
    An excellent and informative piece. Thanks for posting.

Surely the Wifag story just underlines the fundamental decency of this family.

Now moving this to the Golden Posts forum. Please continue to add to it. I'll leave a permanent link.

Default Two Years Ago Today...

Forget Pompey's fate being decided on the 10th. Today is the 2nd anniversary of the death of Markus Liebherr.

Just 2 years ago. He died as we lingered at the bottom of the League One table.

We are now just 9 days away from our first Premier League appearance since 2005.

Thank You Markus.

Here here.

Shows how late our season is starting this season. This time two years ago, we were 2 or 3 games into the season. Today we still have over a week to go.

Can't believe how much our club has achieved in the two years since Markus passed away. I am sure he would be very proud.

Thank you for all you did for us Markus.

RIP

Nice bump.

Shame he's not here to see where we've come, but it's all down to him.

A legend. Just tragic that he couldn't see it all the way through.

We've achieved so much because of his investment. Let's hope we can achieve even more.

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Can't believe how much our club has achieved in the two years since Markus passed away. I am sure he would be very proud.

Thank you for all you did for us Markus.

RIP
    Is today the anniversary ?

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_saint View Post
    Is today the anniversary ?
    Yes, I bumped this from Golden Posts for people to see and add to.

Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    Yes, I bumped this from Golden Posts for people to see and add to.
    Thanks for the bump and the other activity on this thread

RIP Markus Liebherr. And thank you.

Blog Entries

His dignity, foresight and integrity provide an example for us to this day.

May he be watching on and enjoying our rise. Without Markus Liebherr I dread to think where we would be now.

In your memory we fight on. With our greatest respect and gratitude we remember.

I wonder where we would be without his intervention.

I shudder to think.

Thanks, Markus.

I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. I remember finding out at around 6 o'clock, thought it was a sick joke at first as it didn't sink in. Didn't know what to make of it, a complete jolt out of the blue.

That was probably the most surreal and sad start to a season I can remember for a long time.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Cheers Markus you tanned legend. My favourite swiss person

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alpine_saint View Post
    I wonder where we would be without his intervention.

I shudder to think.

Thanks, Markus.
    We would be celebrating false dawns and small mercies like the blue few. And for that alone......

Quote Originally Posted by Colinjb View Post
    We would be celebrating false dawns and small mercies like the blue few. And for that alone......
    Yes, my mind wandered to down the road and considered the possibility we would be losing 5-0 to Gibraltar too..

Blog Entries

Football died a little for me when I learnt of his passing.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    It is quite amazing fifteen months or so ago most fans had never heard of Markus and were expecting MLT to be the next Chairman.

Now many thousands of Saints Fans are devasted by his death a fitting response for a life well lived.

He will be remembered and respected RIP Markus
    Dont think I can add anymore than I did two years ago

But what a two years it has been without him what it would have been with him god only knows

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Cheers Markus you tanned legend. My favourite swiss person
    I think you may need to change that a bit, i suggest his skin colour had little to do with the sun

RIP and massive thank you owed by all Saints fans

Thank you Sir Markus.

RIP.

I survived my heart attack but sadly you didn't survive yours, and we were both the same age. Markus, I've been thinking of you a lot these last few weeks. Thanks for your legacy, it will live forever.

It is tragic that he could not see the journey we have been on since he bought us. RIP Markus and thank you.

Only thing to say to St Markus on this anniversary is;

Thank you.

Just wish you and all the other Saints lost were here to see us today

Blog Entries

Its a shame we couldn't win it for you markus but we did honour your memory by being runners up twice which is still decent. Let's hope we can continue that tribute to your name by surviving in the top flight next year (although not second bottom! 17th would be worthy lol). With you looking down on us there is no way we will get relegated this season.
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 11-08-2012 at 02:34 PM.

I have fond memories of Markus! I was on holiday with my family in France when we read about it in a day old paper. My two young sons cried and if I'm honest, I did but held back the tears! I remember him at the Johnstone Pant Trophy where I was watching with my two sons. When the players came up to receive the trophy or maybe it was before that, he stood up sporting his characteristic ear to ear grin taking photos on his digital camera. Just like the rest of us eh? The moment he took over the club, all that negativity disappeared. Remember the booing of players? The fighting between home fans? Do I really want to go to the next home match? That all stopped upon his arrival. The spirit he gave to the club still remains to this day. I often wonder if he is sitting in one of the emtpy seats grinning at SFC continuing success? I'd better sign off before I well up. I wonder if we could get to see those photos he took at Wembley?

The streets of heaven are full of Angels, and one I believe has always been looking down on us, with a grin at the legacy he left.

I believe that a Legend is when the man survives his death as his name lives on. As long as we have Marcus alongside Saints in our hearts, he will always live, in every success we have had, in the games we play, in the players, and in the fact we now have a team.

People berated me for wanting a statue of him. I'll say it again. A statue of him, Smile in Hand, Saints Scarf around his neck, and Camera in hand.