Andros Townsend

Yorkshire Saint

10 million. Over priced? You have to be kidding? He's worth every penny and more.

With another centre half, some lightning pace. And Danny ings I feel we would be top 6 contenders.

I would love to see belhadi also. But I can't see this happening.

For the life of me I can't understand why we don't get ings

No brainer for me. I'm

Sure you will get the usual saying " all those goals were only in the championship"

What a load of ******. He will score for fun. Buy him know before his price rockets

10 million. Over priced? You have to be kidding? He's worth every penny and more.

With another centre half, some lightning pace. And Danny ings I feel we would be top 6 contenders.

No brainer for me. I'm

Sure you will get the usual saying " all those goals were only in the championship"

What a load of ******. He will score for fun. Buy him know before his price rockets

No brainer for me. I'm

Djamel Belmadi? Very talented player but is 38 now and the Manager of Qatar so will be hard to lure him back.

Ings price won't rocket because he is out of contract next summer. If anything, it will fall.

No brainer for me. I'm

Djamel Belmadi? Very talented player but is 38 now and the Manager of Qatar so will be hard to lure him back.

Ings price won't rocket because he is out of contract next summer. If anything, it will fall.

Did we not have A Townsend before and now he hates us ??? Just asking by the way

we did .....Andy Townsend, 1984-88. Signed by Lawrie Mc Menemy as a left sided midfielder, for £35k from Weymouth.

Just got going at first team level, when Lawrie Mac left, ....and then Andy broke a leg, but managed to come back to become a first team regular.

Then 26, he didn't impress Chris Nicholl enough, and lost his place to the emerging Rob Wallace. (excellent youth player). Nicholl sold Andy to Norwich for £350K (seemed a good deal at the time) Aug 1988.

In retrospect... not so good business. He improved out of sight. Moved to Chelsea in 1990 for £1.2 million. Later played for A.Villa, Middlesboro and West Brom and ended up with a tally of 650 games at League level. Also had a good international career and racked up 70 caps for Ireland).

Agree he doesn't have much to say in a positive vein about Saints on those commentaries I've heard. (If he's still bitter after all this time - he has a problem). His career was much better after he left SFC.

AND ....as for Andros Townsend ...I'm not so impressed ......and certainly not at that price.:scared:

Edited by david in sweden

Did we not have A Townsend before and now he hates us ??? Just asking by the way

we did .....Andy Townsend, 1984-88. Signed by Lawrie Mc Menemy as a left sided midfielder, for £35k from Weymouth.

Just got going at first team level, when Lawrie Mac left, ....and then Andy broke a leg, but managed to come back to become a first team regular.

Then 26, he didn't impress Chris Nicholl enough, and lost his place to the emerging Rob Wallace. (excellent youth player). Nicholl sold Andy to Norwich for £350K (seemed a good deal at the time) Aug 1988.

In retrospect... not so good business. He improved out of sight. Moved to Chelsea in 1990 for £1.2 million. Later played for A.Villa, Middlesboro and West Brom and ended up with a tally of 650 games at League level. Also had a good international career and racked up 70 caps for Ireland).

Agree he doesn't have much to say in a positive vein about Saints on those commentaries I've heard. (If he's still bitter after all this time - he has a problem). His career was much better after he left SFC.

AND ....as for Andros Townsend ...I'm not so impressed ......and certainly not at that price.:scared:

Edited by david in sweden

Had to laugh at a Spurs fan on twitter who said Saints get 25m for Lallana then only offer 10m for Townsend. Went on to say he is worth more as younger and better.

On the other hand, he is older and worse than Chambers so that knocks his price down before 16 million.

Had to laugh at a Spurs fan on twitter who said Saints get 25m for Lallana then only offer 10m for Townsend. Went on to say he is worth more as younger and better.

On the other hand, he is older and worse than Chambers so that knocks his price down before 16 million.

Would easily get into our team so is he really awful?

If you don't rate someone then say. But the post loses any credibility when you say he isnt worth 1m and is "awful".

Would he?

I think he's massively overrated, he runs in straight lines throwing ineffective stepovers with a defender tracking and marshalling him all the way, then he tries to cross it and if he's lucky wins a corner. On the occasions where he cuts inside he usually hits crappy shots from distance and in 2013/14 scored once from 56 shots. Has an England career entirely based on one shot.

Would easily get into our team so is he really awful?

If you don't rate someone then say. But the post loses any credibility when you say he isnt worth 1m and is "awful".

Would he?

I think he's massively overrated, he runs in straight lines throwing ineffective stepovers with a defender tracking and marshalling him all the way, then he tries to cross it and if he's lucky wins a corner. On the occasions where he cuts inside he usually hits crappy shots from distance and in 2013/14 scored once from 56 shots. Has an England career entirely based on one shot.