Has Koeman lost it?

Mr X

Not saying he can't change things around but he's been poor on a number of levels recently, baffingling tactics poor subs, poor motivation of players.

It feels like he has run out of ideas & lost interest, def wont be staying past his contract, I think we need a change after this season.

I don't think it's much to do with koeman, it's a lot to do with the personnel we have left. Morgan is a huge loss that we haven't recovered from and we don't have enough pace to scare any teams. We've tried a few things now and most of the games recently have been depressingly similar and boring.

I don't think it's much to do with koeman, it's a lot to do with the personnel we have left. Morgan is a huge loss that we haven't recovered from and we don't have enough pace to scare any teams. We've tried a few things now and most of the games recently have been depressingly similar and boring.

What is really worrying is imagining our team without a good replacement for Mané next year...

He says we're taking too many risks, I say we're not taking enough. At one point today I saw the ball go into Long who was ahead of his man out on the wing, but instead of running on past him he took a touch and laid it off to Davis. Just strange.

Also bizarre is the fact that Mane is played so deep, he takes it past 2, 3 sometimes 4 players when he gets it - so stick him up front, let him take it past one and be through on goal!

There were some very good passing moves from Saints today and some very good chances created. Biggest plus - Gazzanigas confidence will absolutely skyrocket and we may start to see more from him. I'd keep him in goal for Spurs.

We need a midfielder. Funnily enough, a deep lying playmaker like Cabaye would've been brilliant.

That was meant to be Clasie. He has been a massive disappointment, especially as Morgan was so good and effective in our side - he needed replacing in some form and the Club seem to have failed to adequately do it.

Not saying he can't change things around but he's been poor on a number of levels recently, baffingling tactics poor subs, poor motivation of players.

It feels like he has run out of ideas & lost interest, def wont be staying past his contract, I think we need a change after this season.

Get a grip seriously mate.

This is a result of the board flogging the spine of the team every season.

I have zero time for people on discussing "Koeman out" style topics, utter joke and an unreal level of bedwetting.

I don't blame Koeman a great deal, although some odd recent selections.

You cannot keep selling your best players and replacing with leaser quality and expect to improve.

Schneiderlin over the last three years was probably our key player in terms of how we played and despite knowing for at least a year that he was going we haven't replaced him in any reasonable way.

Clyne also extremely reliable in defence, always fit etc and we have Cedric who has potential but only plays 90mins in 50% of our matches.

This season was always going to be harder than last and our summer business (ins and outs) was 5/10 at best and most of the positives of that was down to the signing of Van Dijk.

Nothing to do with Koeman. The blame is with a spineless board who will happily sell our better players and replace on the cheap.

There is no way we could have kept Morgan, but who else should we have signed to replace him, ( who would have been willing to sign for Saints ) ?

No he hasn't lost it! Who would replace him?? No one who is better!

Our problem is the lack of goals. Our shots on target ratio us rubbish. If ever there was a time to buy a striker, it's now. But who could we get? Not sure there us anything available better than we have who we could afford.

Desperately need some pace too.

It's just a typical result that will bring out the bed-wetting, wrist slitting ones like alpine over the next day or so. I remember when we used to be perennial strugglers, last day of the season and all that, now a few games are lost and the world is going to end. One decent season and people expect it all the time and even things like top 4! Manure happens and people need to face the fact that we are an average side that will get beaten a few times - we are nothing special. If anyone thinks that's being defeatist, it isn't, it's being realistic.

Koeman is definitely to blame from a tactics and selection point of view. We are set up way too defensive these days. And players like JWP, Caulker, Martina etc are not PL level. Add to that Classie and Romeu who are a lot worse than the players we lost and you have the makings of an average team.

The reality is the bored went to the trough too many times. Their business model of selling each summer and buying unproven cheaper replacements was always a gamble and this season it has failed miserably.

We need to invest in quality players and that is what Koeman was saying in his comments. I think if we lose either Mane or Wanyama and fail to buy proven quality he will walk.

It's just a typical result that will bring out the bed-wetting, wrist slitting ones like alpine over the next day or so. I remember when we used to be perennial strugglers, last day of the season and all that, now a few games are lost and the world is going to end. One decent season and people expect it all the time and even things like top 4! Manure happens and people need to face the fact that we are an average side that will get beaten a few times - we are nothing special. If anyone thinks that's being defeatist, it isn't, it's being realistic.

It's not an isolated result though is it. The trend is a little disconcerting, no?

Fans dont 'bed wet' (if there's ever a stupid expression this is it) for the sake of it. They show concern when there is genuine good reason to do so.

No he hasn't lost it! Who would replace him?? No one who is better!

Our problem is the lack of goals. Our shots on target ratio us rubbish. If ever there was a time to buy a striker, it's now. But who could we get? Not sure there us anything available better than we have who we could afford.

Desperately need some pace too.

Our inability to finish has cost us for some time.

Pelle needs to finish better but he contributes more than just finishing. Mané is infuriatingly inconsistent - from minute to minute more than from game to game. But Long doesn't contribute much more than finishing, which is far below the 12 million level. JayRod will be back but his top level future is in doubt.

We don't get anything like the goals from midfield that we should, and that's what I think they will try to address in the window rather than buying a striker at a poor-value stage of the season.

I'm taking the club at their word when they say that nobody will leave in January. I can see United switching to Bolasie if we turn them back - or talk crazy money - for Mané.

What a load of absolute garbage. One decent season? More like 5, maybe 6. "**** happens we can't do anything about it we need to know our place", absolute crap. Reactions like this are so utterly pathetic. we haven't got beaten a few time, we have won only 5 league games this season, and have 1 draw from our last 5, that isn't just "luck" its because we have regressed and have forgotten how to get results and have too many players that don't turn up.

If Koeman has "lost it", it's happened in the last four games.

Until then we were second in the form table and going well.

Sure, he makes some strange decisions but hacking away at Koeman, the players and the Board is ludicrous.

They definitely need to spend some sensible money in January, but I think they know that. My bet is on a real quality attacking midfielder and that could transform this team.

It's not an isolated result though is it. The trend is a little disconcerting, no?

Fans dont 'bed wet' (if there's ever a stupid expression this is it) for the sake of it. They show concern when there is genuine good reason to do so.

Bed wetting might be a stupid expression but it does the job. Would you say that there was good reason to "show concern" (bed wet) when we sold players with plenty of time left in the transfer window when the club said they were working on bringing players in? They did and we had our best ever season in the Premiership but to read some of the posts that summer you would think that we had given up and were going to get relegated. What was the phrase? Firesale? We aren't even half way through the season yet and have another transfer window to come. But hey, lets show some concern now to save time later eh? Do you know what, if it had just started happening I could have some level of understanding, but we get it every time we drop points!

Wouldn't say he's lost it but he's working with poorer players and he knows it. It's not in his interest to get dragged down the table because of our transfer strategy. Good time for him to distance himself from it as he has recently been doing.

Agree with that

No, he hasn't "lost it".

We're just going through a poor patch, as all teams do, every season. We'll no doubt go on a 10 match unbeaten run next and everyone will start up with the "Koeman is a genius, sign him up longer" posts again.

It's football. There are highs and lows, every season, for every team.

FFS.

No, he hasn't "lost it".

We're just going through a poor patch, as all teams do, every season. We'll no doubt go on a 10 match unbeaten run next and everyone will start up with the "Koeman is a genius, sign him up longer" posts again.

It's football. There are highs and lows, every season, for every team.

FFS.

I agree with you. And there is no disgrace in losing to Palace at Selhurst Park they are a decent outfit and they are in form.

I just dont get why you would change so much. Why did Virgil play on the right with a 3 man defense and when you play with 2 guys in the back, he moves to the left (like always). Things like that dont make sense to me. Its just making something as simple as football overly complicated so the coach can gloat with it when it does work (the 1 time out of a 100).

A lot of guys dont have a lot of confidence in the team, you can see it all over the pitch and then the coach decides to change everything up again. I just dont get it.

Fed up of hearing how we havent replaced Schneiderlin.

We knew he was off for up to 18months. We had time with our vaunted "black box" to find either :

i) a replacement

ii) someone to buy and modify the team formation/tactics accordingly.

We've dropped the ball on so many levels; Claisse has been an utter disappointment.

To answer the original question : Yes, but its not only Koeman who has lost it.

Fed up of hearing how we havent replaced Schneiderlin.

We knew he was off for up to 18months. We had time with our vaunted "black box" to find either :

i) a replacement

ii) someone to buy and modify the team formation/tactics accordingly.

We've dropped the ball on so many levels; Claisse has been an utter disappointment.

To answer the original question : Yes, but its not only Koeman who has lost it.

You will probably get the usual stick, but thats largely correct.

Got a bit too clever this summer with signings after the success of last summer.

If ever there was a time to buy an experienced PL player, like Cabaye for example, it was to replace Morgan.

We can't afford to wait 6/9 months for his replacement to get up to speed with the PL, if he ever does.

Lol in this society it seems you are either a god or the scum of the earth worst person ever there's nothing in between it seems.

Why can't people just be good at the job and with that you have highs and lows but when at either end of spectrum your are still the same person who is just good at the job?

I was talking to a Liverpool fan the other day who said he was hoping for Keoman if Klopp hadn't arrived so maybe other fans think more of him than some on here do!

I just dont get why you would change so much. Why did Virgil play on the right with a 3 man defense and when you play with 2 guys in the back, he moves to the left (like always). Things like that dont make sense to me. Its just making something as simple as football overly complicated so the coach can gloat with it when it does work (the 1 time out of a 100).

A lot of guys dont have a lot of confidence in the team, you can see it all over the pitch and then the coach decides to change everything up again. I just dont get it.

Because the two 'outside' defenders are the ones more likely to be exposed against their pacey wingers, and Koeman didn't fancy seeing Bolasie give Fonte the runaround all afternoon - as he did for the goal.

LVG wrote that Koeman is too soft with players . Now I know tonight's not ideal to be quoting LVG , however there's worrying signs he could be right .

I do actually agree with this. My observation is that initially, I thought he was protectin the players in public and bollocking them behind closed doors, but I'm not so sure as I don't recall a time (and please do correct me if I'm wrong), where I've seen the team come out with a proper rocket up their backsides after half time.

Still, as I said, we'll go on a 10 match unbeaten run soon and everyone will love Ron again ;)