Season ticket prices announced

manzo

Must confess to being somewhat disappointed that all prices haven't been reduced. I guess the Wings and Goal sections have been done so in order to be £30 the same as the away support. I wonder whether that means that the occasional purchaser will have to pay more than £30 for Wings/Goals - presume it does.

Price reduction is always pleasing, i notice behind the goals has reduced to £570 and is the same price for renewals as it is in the wings, but wings / corners are still cheaper for new season ticket holders than behind the goals.

it looks like the cost for new season ticket holders has actually gone up? Will be interesting to see what the match day price is.

good to see a lower price for the 18-21 category.

Why is there nearly 100 quid difference between a normal child u11 and a disabled child ? Bit of a touchy point but surely thats discrimination in this modern world of equality! ?

Probably because if your child requires one of the disabled spots you're already shelling a lot out for the wheelchair and maintenance. I'm not against giving those kids more of a chance of getting to see the game, rather than pricing their parents out and leaving them stuck at home...

Anyone know where to find the prices from last season to do a direct comparison?

Price reduction is always pleasing, i notice behind the goals has reduced to £570 and is the same price for renewals as it is in the wings, but wings / corners are still cheaper for new season ticket holders than behind the goals.

it looks like the cost for new season ticket holders has actually gone up? Will be interesting to see what the match day price is.

good to see a lower price for the 18-21 category.

It says all prices have been reduced or frozen, for renewals and new sales.

The reason some have been reduced is so that home fans in similar locations to away fans won't end up paying more per game (away tickets now £30 for all away tickets next season)

But home fans in these areas still will. Look at the new buyer price.

Mine hasn't been reduced just frozen, but disappointed at that to be honest, they should either reduce all or not at all !!

I feel this way too. We have two in the central Kingsland and we don't even get the age concession. I got to 60 and they gave it to me for one year, then they raised the age to 65 and moved the qualifying date from July to August so I missed another year and then removed it altogether.

£58 reduction for me which is good. Disappointed the club have only frozen the price for others though.

The only reason mine has gone down is because they were forced to reduce the away fans tickets. A gesture to charge me the same for me I suppose.

All things considered I think overall the club has missed the opportunity to put fans first and some really good PR by not reducing all tickets. £570 is still a rip off IMO. But I'm a mug and I'll pay it.

Glad at a minimum mine's been frozen but three seats away is £112 cheaper! Last year there was difference of £83, so each year the gap is getting much bigger, with also new ST three seats away costing £4 less than I'll pay.

Pricing is inconsistent, was classed as wings in League 1, although sure my equivalent seats in Kingsland and Family stand are still wings.

Mine is the same as last year. Still expensive. The Club could definitely have done more considering how their income will increase.

Can't help but feel the reductions they have made have been done to avoid potential complaints re the price away fans will pay versus home if they had not reduced them.

Mine is the same as last year. Still expensive. The Club could definitely have done more considering how their income will increase.

Can't help but feel the reductions they have made have been done to avoid potential complaints re the price away fans will pay versus home if they had not reduced them.

Agree that the price reduction has been brought in for that reason, and it is somewhat disingenuous to sell as being some sort of magnanimous gesture when in fact the freezing of everywhere else is what they probably would have done, and a move that treats the customers with disdain.

I wasn't expecting any favours from the club and true to form they delivered none. Still what can you buy for £759 these days! The process of 'ethnic' cleansing of the Itchen Premium continues, i.e. no discounts for seniors.

Pity we don't have a system of pay what you think each game was worth.

Please reduce my ST cost and give away beer, hot dogs etc. Also, please ensure VW, RK, SM etc all sign improved long term contracts for more money, and buy some more players to get the club into the CL.

I am not sure if people seem to understand why these two statements don't work, even with the increased TV deal.

Do the maths mate and you'll realise you are on very dodgy ground.

Please reduce my ST cost and give away beer, hot dogs etc. Also, please ensure VW, RK, SM etc all sign improved long term contracts for more money, and buy some more players to get the club into the CL.

I am not sure if people seem to understand why these two statements don't work, even with the increased TV deal.

I'm not too bothered about the free beer and hot dogs, to be honest.

Do the maths mate and you'll realise you are on very dodgy ground.

I don't need to do the maths thanks, but it is always the same. The club could afford to make all the tickets free for all home games, I think that the ticket revenue is only 19% or so of the total turnover. What I do have a problem with is everyone moaning that the club can't compete, but then moan about being asked to contribute.

There is a price for attending PL football, which like it or not is driven by the demand for the tickets. All clubs price for this accordingly, and seeing as this will mean virtually no increase in my season ticket price for two years, then I think that is fair. As always, there are issues that could be improved, but I don't get the "it would be good PR to give away the tickets argument."

I don't need to do the maths thanks, but it is always the same. The club could afford to make all the tickets free for all home games, I think that the ticket revenue is only 19% or so of the total turnover. What I do have a problem with is everyone moaning that the club can't compete, but then moan about being asked to contribute.

There is a price for attending PL football, which like it or not is driven by the demand for the tickets. All clubs price for this accordingly, and seeing as this will mean virtually no increase in my season ticket price for two years, then I think that is fair. As always, there are issues that could be improved, but I don't get the "it would be good PR to give away the tickets argument."

The good PR would be discounting all by 10% ( £1.2m to 1.5m)which would be amply covered by one additional game on tv - not exactly key to our budget or investment.

Everyone knows basic economic and market forces. That is why ' 'brand' is so important and less tangible PR exercises. I don't think it is anyone's right to expect it but don't think it impacts whether we have enough money to pay Wanyama higher wages.

Does the £30 away ticket price annoy you?

Well you have answered your own argument there really, if ticket revenue is only 19% of total revenue - and that percentage will presumably be reduced further by the extra tv money - just knocking £50 off every season ticket wouldnt have hurt the club very much and made hardly any dent on their finances.

I dont expect something for nothing, as has been said sod the beers and hot dogs, but in this climate of reducing costs for away support, which is excellent by the way, i think a clubs season ticket holders should also ALL be rewarded, not dependant on where they sit in the stadium.

They must be confident Mane, Wanyama and co arent leaving cos when, or if, they do you can be sure the cry will go up "so we paid full price and STILL the players were sold" !

agree :thumbup:

The good PR would be discounting all by 10% ( £1.2m to 1.5m)which would be amply covered by one additional game on tv - not exactly key to our budget or investment.

Everyone knows basic economic and market forces. That is why ' 'brand' is so important and less tangible PR exercises. I don't think it is anyone's right to expect it but don't think it impacts whether we have enough money to pay Wanyama higher wages.

Does the £30 away ticket price annoy you?

thats why your a fan and not on the board...PR doesnt bring you European football

Being ever the optimist, I niaively hoped for a token reduction on my Itchen Premium seat. I'll still pay but at £39.95p per match I did participate in some stern tutting and head shaking. And, there's only so much merchandise I want or need even with 10% discount.

Being ever the optimist, I niaively hoped for a token reduction on my Itchen Premium seat. I'll still pay but at £39.95p per match I did participate in some stern tutting and head shaking. And, there's only so much merchandise I want or need even with 10% discount.

What do you get in premium seating , Cushions and waitress service?

Good to see them trying to hook youngsters with cheaper prices, I'm giving up my ST next season, £682 on the Kingsland / Northam corner - works out around £36 a game - most games will be under £40 I'd guess so I just need to miss one game and it not be worth it.

I'm looking forward to goading Saints fans on twitter next year when I've got a membership and can get a ticket before they can :)

I think we're seeing a very clever commercial enterprise doing what they all do - ignoring their current customers need and trying to get more and more newer customers onboard. Hey ho.

Southampton FC is a business - they are running it as such - that's just life now-a-days.

No price reduction for me and the wife in the so-called 'centre'. Trouble is, we fans are such mugs that the ordinary rules of business don't apply as they would if we were just customers. I expect we'll just pay again. Buggered if I'll spend on any extras though, like a shirt or refreshments at rip off prices, and even a programme is only a maybe now.

No price reduction for me and the wife in the so-called 'centre'. Trouble is, we fans are such mugs that the ordinary rules of business don't apply as they would if we were just customers. I expect we'll just pay again. Buggered if I'll spend on any extras though, like a shirt or refreshments at rip off prices, and even a programme is only a maybe now.

Quite.

We truly appreciate your support. Everyone at Saints counts on your passion and loyalty to drive the team on through every minute, of every match, of every season.

That is why, as 2016/17 Season Tickets go on sale soon, we wanted to tell you that we've frozen the price of your seat at £737, meaning you won't pay a penny more than you did last year.

So appreciative that they charge exactly the same and try and blow smoke up my backside with their (false) magnanimity. As for counting on my passion and loyalty that is patently obvious. The problem is though, when you take these things for granted (as they do) then they might find that that loyalty doesn't stretch to £737.

There are so many great benefits to being a Season Ticket holder, including:

•Guaranteed seat for 19 Premier League home matches

•Priority purchase on away and cup matches

•Opportunity to re-sell your ticket for matches you’re unable to attend, via the Ticket Exchange

•A 10% retail discount

Guaranteed seat - hardly a benefit as it is the reason for parting with ridiculous amounts of money. A benefit is having something above and beyond the very minimum that you expect, which is your seat for the 19 games. Cup matches aren't sold out so hardly a benefit. Away purchases can be useful for a very limited number. As we sell something like 20k season tickets, then the 1-3K that we get allocated isn't going to really be adequate and hardly can be considered a benefit if there is no guarantee of getting an away ticket. I don't expect there to be a guaranteed away ticket, but more questioning it as a benefit. Re-sell thing is a waste of time as the one game I have missed wasn't a sell out so I couldn't use the re-sell facility. 10% retail discount is useless as I am not intending to buy any over priced goods, not least because I feel that I already give enough to the club. I guess if I spent £7k in the shop then I could get my ticket for "free".

Someone needs to learn how to write less patronising drivel in their emails.

I guess if I spent £7k in the shop then I could get my ticket for "free".

You failed to mention that (a) it's a one off transaction so you'd have to do the £7k purchase in one go at the Saints shop and (b) you need to bring a really small piece of paper that was included in your ST pack which they call a 'voucher' to be able to redeem it at the shop. Loyalty days are well gone

Good to see them trying to hook youngsters with cheaper prices, I'm giving up my ST next season, £682 on the Kingsland / Northam corner - works out around £36 a game - most games will be under £40 I'd guess so I just need to miss one game and it not be worth it.

Out of curiosity I worked out the cost of 19 individual match tickets at this years prices and the Kingsland Centre (where the £682 renewal ST's are) totals £801 (8 X £46, 3 X £43, 8 X £38), a difference of £119.

Also had a look at the difference for the reduced renewals in goals as this is where I am and 19 match tickets totals £725 (8 X £42, 3 X £39, 8 X £34), a difference of £155 over the ST renewal of £570.

To be honest I was a little surprised at the differences as to me it had seemed these had eroded over recent years.

"The good news is that over 7,000 current Season Ticket holders will see a reduction in the price of their 2016/17 Season Ticket, while all other prices have been frozen for both current and new Season Ticket holders."

Everyone should be happy with this pricing. You'll either pay the same or less than you were prepared to pay this time a year ago.

If you don't like it now (despite liking it a year ago) then don't pay and don't go. Simples. This isn't a wind up, just don't see how this isn't good news for all us season ticket holders (and new people jumping on board).