Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

52 pages of utter love ins between those going to away games = I'm a bigger fan than you syndrome.

Surely more sense to split each game as a separate thread ?

I'm not normally one to rant but 52 Pages doesn't help anyone....

Each game has its on thread on away fan forum.

And that still warrants a 52 page thread where any meaningful comment is lost in a deluge of trip advisor verbosity ?

Oh do cheer up its Friday!

As most threads go I think it's a steady ramble running though our European odessy this season. Some folks have got their knickers in a twist and it quickly fizzles out, some people are getting understandably up tight as they want a ticket. Most are interested as to how folks are getting to places. There is a flight out of Gatwick on the 20th October that Easy Jet should just call the Saints special, so there will be a load of posters on here meeting face to face rather than over the ether.

You talk to fans of other teams, or armchair fans there is very little empathy about Saints playing at the Saints Siro, come on here and it's like kids on Christmas Eve as just about everyone has a bloody big present under the tree they can't wait to open.

Some kids Parents haven't put their box under the tree yet, but going on ticket sales so far, there will be loads more finding one there soon................ Potentially 8700 Saints fans descending on Milan, that is bloomin amazing.

Last time I looked a definition of Forum is a place of discussion, and this discussion has remained on topic (which for on here is flipping miracle)

If you don't like it - Don't let the door bang on your @R$e on the way out!

Yes I have been drinking: as its not a school night for me

I'd missed the interesting point that in the Be'er Sheva side Ben Sahar had a spell with the fishy ones and also played with Bertrand at Chelsea. And Miguel Vitor was a team-mate of José at Benfica.

Waits to be chastised for stating widely-known obvious trivia...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Well, it's not been widely mentioned, but he is one of the few Chelsea rejects I actually remember playing for them.

Though the Skate bit had completely slipped my mind.

Edited by The9

52 pages of utter love ins between those going to away games = I'm a bigger fan than you syndrome.

Surely more sense to split each game as a separate thread ?

I'm not normally one to rant but 52 Pages doesn't help anyone....

There are already 3 threads in the away fans forum for people who are actually discussing travel.

This is more for debating what colour shirt backs we're having and coefficients.

Oh, and nuts.

Edited by The9

Hi, if anyone is still looking to book a hotel for Milan, I have a twin room available for Wednesday and Thursday nights, 15-20 minute walk from San Siro near Bovisa Nord train. Our flights get in too late for the check in time, so had to re book a different hotel. Available at face value at £60 for 2 people both nights. Pm if interested.

My Shekels have arrived. Just thought I'd share. The news, not the shekels.

The calculation "divide by ten, multiply by 2" is going to be in my head a lot in the second half of next week - though the rate I got was nearer 4.7 than 5.

You sure you're not confusing this with loaves and fishes, right? ;)

Wondered if anyone else is flying into Bergamo Airport and has found the quickest way to the San siro area? Getting a shuttle bus into Central Milan and then on to the metro seems to be the most common method, but not sure I really fancy the bus seeing as I land just before rush hour.

We went in Jan 2015, the five Euro bus was fine with traffic and as quick as sodding about with Bergamo taxis and trains.

Any idea when Milan tickets being sent out??

No, because the club has to send the ID details from the online sales to them, which they won't have done whilst sales are still open, Inter have to print (some of) the buyer information on the tickets, then send them back, and then the club has to send them on to us.

I'd go for week commencing 11th October tbh.

I'm very supportive of the Club ownership and management and what they're trying to do, including the fiscal responsibility regarding transfer fees and wages.

But during today's match commentary I heard something rather annoying.

Apparently, the team has to connect through Tel Aviv because "there's no direct fight to Be'er Sheva".

Given the challenges of fixture congestion long distance travel, and the danger that this will impact on performance, is it too much to expect the Club to pay for a charter?

I'm very supportive of the Club ownership and management and what they're trying to do, including the fiscal responsibility regarding transfer fees and wages.

Apparently, the team has to connect through Tel Aviv because "there's no direct fight to Be'er Sheva".

Given the challenges of fixture congestion long distance travel, and the danger that this will impact on performance, is it too much to expect the Club to pay for a charter?

The club normally charter a plane to long distance games. Might be a restriction at the Israeli end? Sport Options said they weren't doing a fans' charter flight due to not been being able to get an air traffic control slot, or suchlike

Edited by trousers

The club normally charter a plane to long distance games. Might be a restriction at the Israeli end? Sport Options said they weren't doing a charter flight due to not been being able to get an air traffic control slot, or suchlike

Thanks for that - I should have given the Club more credit.

It's going to be a long week.

It's just over an hour from tel aviv to be'er Sheva not exactly a long way ...

Oh and the wife has been spamming me with this, which I find hilarious:

Woah! We're going to Be'er Sheva

Woah! It's not an island

Woah! We're gonna have a party

Woah! Near the Mediterranean Sea

It's times like this I really regret us not appointing Walter Zenga.A huge missed opportunity.

Do we know how many tickets we've sold for the match at Inter.? I'll be staggered if we sell all 8,700. I didn't think I'd get,one ( ST holder no official always) but it was quite easy in the end. I'd be interested to see if we have made much of a dent in the extra 3,700.

It's a one hour drive to Beer Sheva from Tel Aviv. No big deal.

How about Beer Sheva sales, heard someone say we've only just got over 100 but I was under the impression we had 3 or 4 hundred sold?

As of a couple of days ago we'd sold 360, not a bad turn out but nowhere near selling out.

As of a couple of days ago we'd sold 360, not a bad turn out but nowhere near selling out.

You're right, for a long distance, expensive trip (with 2 others in just a few weeks) that's not a bad turnout and around twice as many as the "mighty" Celtic took there. I doth my cap to all those making the effort, this one trip should guarantee tickets to all travellers for any other EL fixtures.

You're right, for a long distance, expensive trip (with 2 others in just a few weeks) that's not a bad turnout and around twice as many as the "mighty" Celtic took there. I doth my cap to all those making the effort, this one trip should guarantee tickets to all travellers for any other EL fixtures.

Have to be honest it's going to be one hell of a trip for those of us going. A proper adventure and actually not as expensive as people made out.

Personally think it's a shame we didn't sell more really. If you booked early like most of us did it's not massively more expensive than what some people have paid for Milan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, for a long distance, expensive trip (with 2 others in just a few weeks) that's not a bad turnout ...

Remember some of us have to watch the budget and so pick and choose. Dare I say it with one eye on the knockout rounds? Let's face it, all 3 places are decent to visit, so I chose one where I could kip at a friend's place.

Think someone on here (can't be arsed to look back) mentioned that we'd sold 1700 of the 3700 on Friday morning

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

announcement expected today about next stage of sales, so they might say how many have gone, especially if its a lot as that will encourage the buying of memberships.

Thanks for the replies re Inter Away, I will still be surprised if we shift all 8,700. I wish I was going to Israel, but just not possible to go this week. It would have been cracking to have my only always for the season as Israel,Czech Rebublic and Italy !Out of interest did any ST holders who bought the home game bundle on-line receive tickets for all 3 matches or just Sparta like me? Ticket office have told me that no-one who ordered the bundle on-line has received the tickets for the other two matches yet.