Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Tom28 seems to be on the money with his original vid on strike post and has now followed it up with a more detailed version of events at SMS.

I guess I wonder why he has such access to a major event at the club but haven't had any details on any positive stuff like signings etc. Surely he can't be worried about releasing news as the club will surely know where it's come from from the level of detail in the post.

Could it be possible this is carefully released information by the club in preparation for the ultimate sales of vvd to Liverpool? Seems like to to me

I had that thought too. Very possible.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Tom28 seems to be on the money with his original vid on strike post and has now followed it up with a more detailed version of events at SMS.

I guess I wonder why he has such access to a major event at the club but haven't had any details on any positive stuff like signings etc. Surely he can't be worried about releasing news as the club will surely know where it's come from from the level of detail in the post.

Could it be possible this is carefully released information by the club in preparation for the ultimate sales of vvd to Liverpool? Seems like to to me

According to Tom

LR and VVD discussed Liverpool; both parties recognise that selling him to Liverpool would be a hugely unpopular move with our fanbase, even though Saints believe they will get the most money from Liverpool. Apparently, VVD has softened a little and would consider moving to another top club besides Liverpool

I'd suggest selling VVD is an option but not to Liverpool I imagine VVDs agent has been told to go and see who else might want to sign him.

Edited by doddisalegend

Anything positive that happens at SFC is always down to LR: it's one of the mongboard's 10 commandments. Unfortunately he now seems to have got rid of all the staff, administrators, scouts, managers and players who really achieved those positive things.

As apposed to anything negative happening at SFC being down to Les Reed? I love the way you LR naysayers are turning the brattish behaviour of an ego driven minor sports star with an over inflated opinion of himself into the fault of the man who gave him a large payrise (that he was happy to accept) a year ago. LOL

I was told weeks ago that the club were happy to sell VVD.

The man (VVD) is an absolute c*nt. But it is a bitter pill after the sh*t that has come out of Krueger's mouth.

If VVD is as you say, an absolute c*nt, why is a bitter pill? Krueger said that we didn't have to sell. He didn't say that we wouldn't sell. If VVD has turned into another Fonte perhaps it is best for both parties if he moves on. Not a bitter pill. Just common sense.

If VVD is as you say, an absolute c*nt, why is a bitter pill? Krueger said that we didn't have to sell. He didn't say that we wouldn't sell. If VVD has turned into another Fonte perhaps it is best for both parties if he moves on. Not a bitter pill. Just common sense.

He 'suggested' that we were no longer a selling club. Bullsh*t, the club would sell their nearest and dearest if the price was right.

So Chelsea don't want him as VvD said Liverpool was the only club he wanted to join. Hopefully another takes him on,or VVD does realise he has to put his head down here

Yet another summer like last where we sleepwalk to a potential crisis.

The spine of the team is probably the weakest for at least 3 seasons. We have sold a forward and replaced him with a youngster,that may turn out brilliant but it is concerning.

the midfield have no goals in it and if Romeu got injured where is our ball winner?

I'm concerned about the impact on the squad of keeping a player who is so clearly keen not to be a Saint. I'm not sure that VVD can recover in the eyes of the supporters, in the same way that Morgan did.

I may not be remembering it correctly, but although we all remember Morgan's hissy-fit tweet, was there ever any follow up from him? I vaguely remember him also not playing in pre-season friendlies, so maybe there were also similarities there too.

Having said that, while everyone was a bit miffed at his antics, I think a lot of people could also understand/sympathise a little bit with him. It looked like rats leaving a sinking ship that summer, and Morgan had been with us from the dark days! The fact that he then played in the first game and was excellent then quickly eased the situation.

'...and Mr Klopp, do you think Southampton should take the same stance as yourself and insist they need to "keep our key players" and “I can say 20 times, he is not for sale", no doubt you would say that is equally important for SFC?"

So Chelsea don't want him as VvD said Liverpool was the only club he wanted to join. Hopefully another takes him on,or VVD does realise he has to put his head down here

Yet another summer like last where we sleepwalk to a potential crisis.

The spine of the team is probably the weakest for at least 3 seasons. We have sold a forward and replaced him with a youngster,that may turn out brilliant but it is concerning.

the midfield have no goals in it and if Romeu got injured where is our ball winner?

Of all the things to pick out, this really shouldn't be on there. Gallagher either needs to be given a chance or should be moved on, we've gone with the former option. Rodriguez was arguably (he was in my eyes) 4th choice. So we've replaced our 4th choice striker with an up & coming youngster. And been paid £10-£15m for doing so. That doesn't sound quite so bad, does it?

The point about midfield is DEFINITELY a concern though.

I'm just throwing this out there, a guy called nick Holmes made this point in Twitter... VVD decided to pull the plug on playing for saints 24-48 hours prior to a pre Season friendly that was raising money for a disaster

https://mobile.twitter.com/latheal/status/888715908486766595

I thought it was Mo who withdrew him from the squad? And it didn't really impact the charity, did it?

There seems to be a recurring theme with players concerning Les Reed, as a few people on here have started to realise Les seems to be the thorn in a lot players sides,the man has a dark side

Holding a player to a contract they signed by their own choice. Yeah... what a dreadful thing to do! :rolleyes:

van Dijk didn't have a gun to his head when he signed a new 6 year contract in 2016. Now van Dijk is throwing his toys out of the pram, Les Reed becomes a man with a "dark side". ffs! :mcinnes:

There seems to be a recurring theme with players concerning Les Reed, as a few people on here have started to realise Les seems to be the thorn in a lot players sides,the man has a dark side

Probably needs one for the job he has!

Didn't he **** off Lallana during the Liverpool move because he wouldn't answer his phone?

I missed your posts after the league cup semi.

Probably needs one for the job he has!

Didn't he **** off Lallana during the Liverpool move because he wouldn't answer his phone?

yes according to Adam Blackmore back at the time too. Old Nivea boy had a right hissy fit cos he was captain and the board should have had the Bat Phone manned at all times for when he called demanding a move :D

So if we are not selling to Liverpool, Man City don;t seem interested and neither do Chelsea he is running out of options really. Very few clubs in the world can afford £60-70 million for a centre-back, I'm doubtful even Liverpool would pay that much, you are left with PSG, Real, Barca, Juventus, Bayern, maybe Dortmund and then Utd, City, Chelsea and probably Arsenal.

City seem to be writing themselves out of the VVD market in the media, saying they're after a new CB but as a back up for Kompany, and not as a marquee signing.

I'd think they've spent enough on first team defenders already this window; What's the running total now, about 130 million on full backs ? Plus 40 million for a keeper.

So if we are not selling to Liverpool, Man City don;t seem interested and neither do Chelsea he is running out of options really. Very few clubs in the world can afford £60-70 million for a centre-back, I'm doubtful even Liverpool would pay that much, you are left with PSG, Real, Barca, Juventus, Bayern, maybe Dortmund and then Utd, City, Chelsea and probably Arsenal.

Arsenal will take him off our hands at a push, 35 million . Price is way, way over the top, Surprised Liverpool haven't moved on by now, perhaps Klopp made him a promise eh...

VVD may be angry at Les and the club but if he is so keen to leave he should have a good long look in the mirror and consider the tactics he's employed this summer. He and his agent have misplayed this situation by insisting on Liverpool and have rendered his desired move considerably less likely.

And like others, I really don't care how angry VVD is, unless it damages the squad's morale. No one put a gun to his head and forced him to sign a six year contract last year.

Arsenal will take him off our hands at a push, 35 million . Price is way, way over the top, Surprised Liverpool haven't moved on by now, perhaps Klopp made him a promise eh...
The price is certainly not way over the top. Didn't Stones go for £50m? Virgil is much better, and prices have rocketed anyway.

If no-one will pay now, wait. They will.

What price is way over the top, Saints haven't given a price for him. Unless you have good evidence they have...?

In any case, what do you mean "over the top". Because van Dijk going for £70m doesn't seem out of place compared to other transfers this summer. That is what it should be judged on, not the prices of 2014, 2015 etc.

The £35m you suggest is ridiculously low when you look at other 2017 transfers. There would be extremely little incentive for Saints to sell a player like van Dijk who is under contract until 2022 for £35m.

Of course it's a leak, why do you think you hear nothing from the other party?

Two comments from Tom28's post (whether you believe he is ITK or not) that struck me, if it is true:

- Fairly amicable meetings by all accounts given the circumstances and the fact that they basically hate each other.

- Apparently, VVD has softened a little and would consider moving to another top club besides Liverpool. He's totally hell bent on leaving though.

What happened after last summer to make LR and VvD basically hate each other? After all a year ago Virgil seemed very happy to sign a year's extension, get a pay rise and be promised the captaincy and LR must have felt the same way. I see this comment as implying their hatred for each other pre-dates the Blackpool incident, maybe I am wrong. Also why is VvD hell bent on leaving, why has he lost all respect for the Club, what is it that has made him this way, ths doesn't happen because he is offered a move elsewhere, you can get that and still think highly of your current employers. Something inside the club is not right but unable to put my finger on it. Not many of our players who have been sold in the last few seasons have left with good grace (SRL being the obvious exception), it is not just the money or the lure of CL football, they mostly seem to leave with a degree of bitterness.

This is exactly what we should be asking . If VVD is soo disillusioned with the club then its possible many others are as well .

The glaring lack of quality in key areas and with Puel being signed last season is a change in direction . The seemed lack of interest in strengthening the team is concerning also .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

What price is way over the top, Saints haven't given a price for him. Unless you have good evidence they have...?

In any case, what do you mean "over the top". Because van Dijk going for £70m doesn't seem out of place compared to other transfers this summer. That is what it should be judged on, not the prices of 2014, 2015 etc.

The £35m you suggest is ridiculously low when you look at other 2017 transfers. There would be extremely little incentive for Saints to sell a player like van Dijk who is under contract until 2022 for £35m.

MLG is right here. Anyone questioning VvD's current price on his head is mad.

- Kyle Walker just went for £55m!

- Stones went for £50m & that was a season ago!

Never smoke without some form of fire, lots of players keen to come but none keen to stay? Like signing up for a sea cruise, looks great in the adds but the reality of life on-board soon gets to you.

Just a thought to chuck out there, maybe all the academy stuff gets senior players down, having to train with them when they can see that few are going to make regrade and having to give up their places in the team so that Les can claim that he has 3 or 4 academy boys in the first team so what great club we are?

I am not suggesting 35 million, that's what Arsenal will probably offer, it's what they do. Van Dijk is not going to be sold for 70 million so we'd just as well let him ask Liverpool just how much they're willing to pay for him, let him be disillusioned once and for all and get back to playing.

Never smoke without some form of fire, lots of players keen to come but none keen to stay? Like signing up for a sea cruise, looks great in the adds but the reality of life on-board soon gets to you.

Just a thought to chuck out there, maybe all the academy stuff gets senior players down, having to train with them when they can see that few are going to make regrade and having to give up their places in the team so that Les can claim that he has 3 or 4 academy boys in the first team so what great club we are?

On Saintsweb there's always smoke without fire, loads of it. The whole place is almost like a convention for arsonists.

If every little puff of smoke on here had turned into even a small fire our club would have burnt down long ago.

The mongboard seems to be currently wetting its pants over a real "I heard it from a bloke down the pub" level of non-story which seems to have zero credibility and you're trying to claim there's no smoke without fire.

Sure.

I liked the idea of capping transfer fees at £40m. Fair price for Coutinho. #freecoutinho

Although Scouse logic probably defines the cap for incoming only.

Well seeing as our squad has gone down in quality over the past few seasons would you think he has done a good job ?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

That might be your opinion but it's not a statement of fact. As has been pointed out numerous times, the league finishing position has improved consistently under Les Reed's tenure - it seems to me this a more objective measure. We will see if last season was a blip or the start of a new trend.

Leipzig have got some balls to turn down £70m when he can go for £48m next season.

Perhaps Liverpool haven't actually offered 70 million. The figures you see in the press are usually vastly erroneous. They've probably offered about 45 with all sorts of bonuses and staged payments. It's like Neymar to PSG for nigh on 200 million but it's on the never never, 80 million down, 6 years at 20 million each.

Just listening to Talk ****e some bat **** crazy Liverpool fan saying people should stop talking about Coutinho as he is happy at Liverpool and if he did leave it couldn't be for less than £600 million (and that is not a typo even the hosts were ****ing themselves) VVD and the player from Germany should however be allowed to come to Liverpool because they want to play for Liverpool....some special callers on Talk ****e :lol:

Perhaps Liverpool haven't actually offered 70 million. The figures you see in the press are usually vastly erroneous. They've probably offered about 45 with all sorts of bonuses and staged payments. It's like Neymar to PSG for nigh on 200 million but it's on the never never, 80 million down, 6 years at 20 million each.
They haven't offered anything. They withdrew interest before they got that far.

They've used their usual plants in the media to rubbish the idea he's worth anything like that much and suggest £40-50m

Just listening to Talk ****e some bat **** crazy Liverpool fan saying people should stop talking about Coutinho as he is happy at Liverpool and if he did leave it couldn't be for less than £600 million (and that is not a typo even the hosts were ****ing themselves) VVD and the player from Germany should however be allowed to come to Liverpool because they want to play for Liverpool....some special callers on Talk ****e :lol:

They should take the 80 million for Coutinho, good but erratic on occasions and a weeny bit fragile.

Just listening to Talk ****e some bat **** crazy Liverpool fan saying people should stop talking about Coutinho as he is happy at Liverpool and if he did leave it couldn't be for less than £600 million (and that is not a typo even the hosts were ****ing themselves) VVD and the player from Germany should however be allowed to come to Liverpool because they want to play for Liverpool....some special callers on Talk ****e [emoji38]
Bless their tiny deluded brains.