Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I dont think Les is judged or rewarded on how satisfied us fans are.

His objective is to keep us in the league and make Kat bags of money. He's delivering for Kat

Kat wont give a shiny **** if we finish 8th ot 17th.

Wasn't it also confirmed on here that Les is a Liverpool fan?!

What don't you get you pathetic multi persona idiot?

Kat is not making bags of money out of Saints

You wanted to know "where all the money has gone" - The books show exactly where it has gone with none taken out.... All out there in the public domain and you latest come back was how much she was making on the interest rate she was charging against the loan..........LMFAO. Probably exactly the same as the interest rates she is being charged by Macquarie Bank on the loan she renegotiated (And against her personal estate) to get batter rates than the loans that Cortese took out with Vibrac..... You know the ones that he mocked and laughed other clubs for doing and proudly said he would never do.... then went and did the same.

As for the original question that you responded to....... Is Les Reeds position safe..................... Of course it's ****ing safe, there are not many DOF CV's in the world that can match his record in the last 8 years.

Laughing at myself now for getting wound up.

If you haven't enjoyed the last 8 years, under, overseen by Uncle Les, then you should probably find a different sport or team. You change your username enough, changing team shouldn't be a problem.

You wanted to know "where all the money has gone" - The books show exactly where it has gone with none taken out.... All out there in the public domain and you latest come back was how much she was making on the interest rate she was charging against the loan..........LMFAO. Probably exactly the same as the interest rates she is being charged by Macquarie Bank on the loan she renegotiated (And against her personal estate) to get batter rates than the loans that Cortese took out with Vibrac..... You know the ones that he mocked and laughed other clubs for doing and proudly said he would never do.... then went and did the same.

As for the original question that you responded to....... Is Les Reeds position safe..................... Of course it's ****ing safe, there are not many DOF CV's in the world that can match his record in the last 8 years.

If you haven't enjoyed the last 8 years, under, overseen by Uncle Les, then you should probably find a different sport or team. You change your username enough, changing team shouldn't be a problem.

Christ, did you really bite on that one?!

Glasgow - I hope you develop a fascination with Thai ladyboys and all your shool friends find out about it.

It's annoying, but in all honesty did anyone really think it would end up any other way than this. We don't need the money, we can therefore ask for a huge fee that pretty much scares everyone off, which then leaves the player stuck here unable to get the move that will give him the mega money wages. That scenario leads to one outcome, an unhappy player that forces the issue in an underhand way. Predictable. A few years ago I'd be going ape****, but now, well, it's just become the norm and I don't seem to muster then same levels of anger. That is perhaps more depressing to me than losing yet another top class player.

I know what you mean. Although I'm still generating unhealthy levels of hatred every few months thanks to football... I think the biggest frustration is the way football and the Premier League is going, and the most depressing thing is that the club I love is in the best position it has been for many years, certainly in my lifetime, and yet I increasingly feel as though we are nothing more than a dispensable part of a massive, pointless, soulless, circus. And the situation is getting worse each year, as the Premier League build its 'Global Brand' at the expense of sporting integrity and the local support.

Yes yes yes yes yes but! We - the club have very steadily built this culture of, if you want to leave just say the word guys and we wil let you go. You reap what you sew.....

Now we have to break the culture and the rules we have written ourselves..... Easy - most definitely not but we made the rules so what can you say ??????

For the future of the club we are now in a corner we cannot compromise on as this will lead to a further erosion of the clubs determination to hang on to any players st all and yet again will lead to further player power and exodus....

Wake up Soton Football Club, you have to stand up for yourselves at some point or you will never keep a decent player for more than one year again!!!!

It's the skewed economics of football which is largely culpable here, certainly not the club nor even, to an extent, the player. I do think Liverpool's conduct has been reprehensible and it may have the effect of keeping the price, when he goes, lower than it might have been had they been above board in their dealings and allowed the market to set his price. But we can't expect any support from a complacent PL and a weak FA on Liverppols underhand methods. There's an air of inevitability about all of this. It's been seen at our club and others time and again. The players will go, one way or another. I just so hope Coutinho goes to Barcelona and the "we are not a selling club" gets rammed down the bearded tits throat.

His objective is to keep us in the league and make Kat bags of money. He's delivering for Kat

25% accuracy, much better than your normal post.

He's a turd. It's been common knowledge for months that went and met another clubs manager whilst we're paying for his rehab... it's only now he's getting both barrels from fans.

Irrespective, he's a bigger pr1ck than I thought: 6 year bumper deal, captaincy injury and rehab, backstabbing Saints during that period then refusing to play because he doesn't get his way.... AND a gutless bottlejob when it comes to handing in a transfer request and foregoing a "loyalty" bonus. A proper c()nts trick.

This situation is now bigger than both he club and Virgil, like someone else mentioned above: standing firm and if necessary, letting his career wilt away for five years is a far better and robust decision than caving in and taking the money from a bunch of bin-dipping, self-pitying sh1t****s.

Agree - move on, prosper. VVD what's the point in getting angry. Let him go, get someone in who wants to play. Simple.

Perhaps someone needs to remind VVD how many trophies Lallana, Lovren etc. have won at Liverpool

I think it was too late to stop the tapping. The deal between VVD and Liverpool has already been done and VVD will refuse to play in any event. We are forced to compromise at whatever price otherwise the disruption will continue. I am afraid we will end up only with £40 million odd, far less than £75 million valuation. Is it fair? Ok, we are always selling cheap to Liverpool, e.g Mane, Clyne.

I think it was too late to stop the tapping. The deal between VVD and Liverpool has already been done and VVD will refuse to play in any event. We are forced to compromise at whatever price otherwise the disruption will continue. I am afraid we will end up only with £40 million odd, far less than £75 million valuation. Is it fair? Ok, we are always selling cheap to Liverpool, e.g Mane, Clyne.

What utter rubbish.

VVD still has 5 years of his contract left to run.

Pellegrino has done exactly the right thing by making Virgil train on his own whilst still keeping day to day contact with him and keeping relations cordial.

If we have to start the season with VVD out of the team then so be it. That would be Virgil's choice to not play for us and run the considerable risk of not playing for Holland in next summer's world cup.

The idea of selling him for a cut price 40 million is completely bonkers. Why on earth would we ?

Much more likely that VVD will eventually see sense and come around.

Agree - move on, prosper. VVD what's the point in getting angry. Let him go, get someone in who wants to play. Simple.

VVD is simply testing the waters with what little leverage he has. Bottom line is that he is contracted to Saints for 5 years.

Agree that there's no point in getting angry. Just let the situation play out.

If he wants to go on strike then so be it. Let him do it and watch his career stall from the sidelines until he sees sense.

Keep him and wait for him to come around.

Simple.

VVD is simply testing the waters with what little leverage he has. Bottom line is that he is contracted to Saints for 5 years.

Agree that there's no point in getting angry. Just let the situation play out.

If he wants to go on strike then so be it. Let him do it and watch his career stall from the sidelines until he sees sense.

Keep him and wait for him to come around.

Simple.

He doesn't want to play for saints mate, simple. What's the point of letting him rot? Get rid asap.

Personally, I think it's worth -- for Saints long-term reputation -- to play hardball here, even if it means VVD spends a few games out of the squad sulking. Our strategy w Schneiderlin ended up effective, even though he was upset for a while. Great test of Pellegrino and the club's leadership. Unless it's really crazy money, they shd not sell. VVD will come round. As soon as he really knows his bluff has been called, he'll buckle down and play.

What utter rubbish.

VVD still has 5 years of his contract left to run.

Pellegrino has done exactly the right thing by making Virgil train on his own whilst still keeping day to day contact with him and keeping relations cordial.

If we have to start the season with VVD out of the team then so be it. That would be Virgil's choice to not play for us and run the considerable risk of not playing for Holland in next summer's world cup.

The idea of selling him for a cut price 40 million is completely bonkers. Why on earth would we ?

Much more likely that VVD will eventually see sense and come around.

It is highly unlikely that Holland will qualify for the world cup.

I know what you mean. Although I'm still generating unhealthy levels of hatred every few months thanks to football... I think the biggest frustration is the way football and the Premier League is going, and the most depressing thing is that the club I love is in the best position it has been for many years, certainly in my lifetime, and yet I increasingly feel as though we are nothing more than a dispensable part of a massive, pointless, soulless, circus. And the situation is getting worse each year, as the Premier League build its 'Global Brand' at the expense of sporting integrity and the local support.

Very true, I feel exactly the same.

But what happens say if we don't receive any acceptable offers for him? Just because he thinks that LFC will submit an offer it doesn't mean that we've actually got one.

"Sorry Virgil, I know you thought that they were going to bid, but we've just not had anything come in. I think you've been had....."

I feel the same. We are there to make up numbers. I often ask what the point is and come back to the entertainment angle as being the only thing. It is clear that only 6 maybe 7 with Everton's "reemergence" are of interest to the powers that be. And then you have Scudamore who has a "burning desire" to have overseas games. That tells me all I need know. I

But what happens say if we don't receive any acceptable offers for him? Just because he thinks that LFC will submit an offer it doesn't mean that we've actually got one.

"Sorry Virgil, I know you thought that they were going to bid, but we've just not had anything come in. I think you've been had....."

Jose Fonte mk2, and a stated long term love of WHU?

That 6 year contract he signed really does give the club the whip hand. If he was down to having just a year or two left, he could call the shots. But the fact that in theory - we can make him train alone and play him in the reserves for 5 years does place us in a strong position. Whether the club plays those cards well or not is another matter....

It is highly unlikely that Holland will qualify for the world cup.

IF they win their next game (31 Aug) they could be top of their group.

If we keep VvD training on his own without any playing time I don't see him playing in that game.

Saints MUST stay strong on this and keep him. otherwise if they give in it could be followed by others (e.g Ryan)

You have hit the nail on the head. I have been saying the same for some time but of course it is an opinion that is not popular so it is 'trolling'.

He's a turd. It's been common knowledge for months that went and met another clubs manager whilst we're paying for his rehab... it's only now he's getting both barrels from fans.

Irrespective, he's a bigger pr1ck than I thought: 6 year bumper deal, captaincy injury and rehab, backstabbing Saints during that period then refusing to play because he doesn't get his way.... AND a gutless bottlejob when it comes to handing in a transfer request and foregoing a "loyalty" bonus. A proper c()nts trick.

This situation is now bigger than both he club and Virgil, like someone else mentioned above: standing firm and if necessary, letting his career wilt away for five years is a far better and robust decision than caving in and taking the money from a bunch of bin-dipping, self-pitying sh1t****s.

This

This for me too

You have hit the nail on the head. I have been saying the same for some time but of course it is an opinion that is not popular so it is 'trolling'.

None of that is a matter of opinion, it's all a matter of truth; that neither of you can back up with actual facts. That's why you are called a trolls you stupid ****.

He's holding out for the loyalty bonus. As things stand, he's no intention of submitting a transfer request. Thinks the move will happen anyway. He's a cvnt.

In which case it's a game of cat and mouse and we currently hold all the cards.

If I was him/his agent I'd be going to the Victims and saying "I'll hand in a transfer request but I want you to pay my loyalty bonus".

Also, what a crock of **** these loyality bonus' are. Demonstrates everything that's wrong with modern football.

I don't know but something smells here. I'm very surprised no-one seems to be questioning why it's always Liverpool our players seem to want to defect to (mostly). It would not surprise.me to find out that some at the heart of SFC has a VERY close connection to L'pool and that these deals are being set up in full knowledge that a.bjg money transfer will be coming our way.

I think the club should stay firm and make the player honour his contract even if that means sitting in the reserves. This circus has to end for all the reasons spelt out already. But it won't...we will sell...we always do, despite the lies spun by Les. I'm slowly getting worn down by it all...its not.the same game anymore I'm afraid.

The club need to stay strong on this, let the **** sit on his arse for a few weeks, he will have no option to just get on with his job once the window closes.

Let the big baby have his sulk, he will still be worth the same next summer.

Arguably, given the inflated transfer fees year on year he would be worth more. No way should we back down on this.

Take his registration form, lock it in a safe, and throw the key off the Itchen Bridge into the river. Then tell him he has 2 choices, knuckle down and play, or sit at home every match day until the end of his contract.

At the end of his contract, give him the safe.

Chill Winston! Where did i say Kat was taking money out of the club?

Play the post not the poster.

What was the value of the club 4 years ago when Kat inherited? What's the value now? Will Kat get "bags of money" once she eventually sells?

I was actually praising Les but you couldn't help but jump in.

Anyway back to public enemy no.1 VVD

It's just sad, but makes me angry at the same time, that players no longer buy into club loyalty, being part of a team that develops together and wins together. We'll never see another LeTiss.

Money has ruined the game and it's all many players care about, egged on by leeching agents.

But it's also reflected in newer generations of fans, who only seem to be bothered about how much we spend in each window, needing instant success. The media, and in particular Sky, have developed the measure of spend as equating to success: that's why they so hated Leicester's title - it spoilt their vision.

Of course I want to see Saints stay in the top league and do well, but I sometimes yearn for the League 1 days when we were a club and team together without any prima Donna individuals.

We march on together?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A few days ago the club would have got hammered if we sold him.

Since Pellegrino's comments there are a lot more people here saying "get rid".

In reality little has changed as we all knew VVD wanted to go to Liverpool since the tapping up stuff became public knowledge.

Clever media strategy from the club, similar to previous sales: reduce the popularity of the player preparing fans for a sale.

The "not for sale stance" is to push the price up, and it will have worked as the fee will be surely way over the £50m touted in May.

But now highly likely he will go, so hopefully we do a better job replacing him than we did Fonte, Schneiderlin, Mane, Pelle, Wanyama otherwise our CB options will be weaker than for the last 4 seasons, similar to other positions like central midfield.

I think that Virgil has been very badly advised by his agent, who naturally is greedy to milk his client's value for as much dosh as he can, something that can only be achieved by arranging his sale to the highest bidder. Liverpool have also acted very badly in the way that they tapped him up and turned his head towards wanting to go to them as a preference.

Liverpool have shot their bolt and despite a strategy that has probably been orchestrated by them to get their best known ex-players to agitate the continuation of their desire to sign him, Saints still hold the whip hand in any negotiations on him.

It would be satisfying to believe that Saints are playing to a strategy that could have serious implications for us in the future where many of the glory clubs think that we are a soft touch when it comes to us unearthing good players, or developing them through our academy and then being almost powerless to keep them when the big boys come calling for them. Liverpool have been the main culprits and we have an opportunity to burn their fingers and send out a message to others that we can stand our ground when it suits us. In order for Liverpool to get Virgil, they think that getting him to throw a strop will want us to get rid of him, maybe even for a reduced price. Because of the risk of penalties from the authorities, they can't make a direct offer unless he puts in a transfer request and if he does so, he loses his loyalty bunus. Saints could diffuse that situation by stating categorically that they will under no circumstances sell to Liverpool. They have said that he is not for sale, although that is being ignored by Liverpool's fans, who see him going on strike as increasing their chances of signing him. Liverpool's lack of activity in signing a replacement CB is indicative of that.

We only have a short time left until the transfer window closes and if we hold out until it closes, Liverpool might be either left with a weakened defence, or forced to sign a late replacement, thus making the situation more convoluted for them at the time of the January transfer window, or next summer's. It is a game of poker where we hold all the cards, Virgil being on a long contract, we not having to sell, his value probably only going to increase by next year, and sending out a message that we can play hard ball when it suits us.

Once the window closes, Virgil will either have to fall in line and relent, or risk his value and saleability suffering as a result of his poor attitude. If his agent had any sense, he would then advise Virgil to knuckle down and have a storming season to increase his stock and potentially attract much bigger clubs than Liverpool. I am increasingly confident that Virgil will still be wearing a Saints shirt at the Swansea match and that Liverpool will have egg all over their face from the inept way that they handled this saga.

I think that Virgil has been very badly advised by his agent, who naturally is greedy to milk his client's value for as much dosh as he can, something that can only be achieved by arranging his sale to the highest bidder. Liverpool have also acted very badly in the way that they tapped him up and turned his head towards wanting to go to them as a preference.

Liverpool have shot their bolt and despite a strategy that has probably been orchestrated by them to get their best known ex-players to agitate the continuation of their desire to sign him, Saints still hold the whip hand in any negotiations on him.

It would be satisfying to believe that Saints are playing to a strategy that could have serious implications for us in the future where many of the glory clubs think that we are a soft touch when it comes to us unearthing good players, or developing them through our academy and then being almost powerless to keep them when the big boys come calling for them. Liverpool have been the main culprits and we have an opportunity to burn their fingers and send out a message to others that we can stand our ground when it suits us. In order for Liverpool to get Virgil, they think that getting him to throw a strop will want us to get rid of him, maybe even for a reduced price. Because of the risk of penalties from the authorities, they can't make a direct offer unless he puts in a transfer request and if he does so, he loses his loyalty bunus. Saints could diffuse that situation by stating categorically that they will under no circumstances sell to Liverpool. They have said that he is not for sale, although that is being ignored by Liverpool's fans, who see him going on strike as increasing their chances of signing him. Liverpool's lack of activity in signing a replacement CB is indicative of that.

We only have a short time left until the transfer window closes and if we hold out until it closes, Liverpool might be either left with a weakened defence, or forced to sign a late replacement, thus making the situation more convoluted for them at the time of the January transfer window, or next summer's. It is a game of poker where we hold all the cards, Virgil being on a long contract, we not having to sell, his value probably only going to increase by next year, and sending out a message that we can play hard ball when it suits us.

Once the window closes, Virgil will either have to fall in line and relent, or risk his value and saleability suffering as a result of his poor attitude. If his agent had any sense, he would then advise Virgil to knuckle down and have a storming season to increase his stock and potentially attract much bigger clubs than Liverpool. I am increasingly confident that Virgil will still be wearing a Saints shirt at the Swansea match and that Liverpool will have egg all over their face from the inept way that they handled this saga.

I hope you're right. In my mind, this is the crunch with Liverpool. They've manipulated our players in the past to the extent that they think it's normal and justifiable. They also think they're above punishment. If we cave in on this one, they will just carry on and the implications for Saints really are very serious.

The moment has to come when we make a stand, or we might as well just give up altogether, and if Les and co don't realise that, the anger amongst fans will make the rumblings over Puel fade into insignificance.

The outcome of this is absolutely critical to Saints' future.

And thanks for an excellent post.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk