Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

Yes, and then successfully sued for breach of contract.

Given that Virgil has breached contract at least twice, by having unauthorised meetings with Liverpool and now refusing to play, I think Saints would be in an incredibly strong position, should they persue the nuclear option.

Probably but I don't see that we'd get any more than we would from a transfer fee. Mutu's behaviour made him valueless, don't think that's the case with Van Dijk.

There is no integrity in football.............just as Defoe restored a bit of faith for the way he was there for Bradley, VVD goes & does a Lovren & Lallana & shows what a silly boy he actually is.

He's not even brave enough to put in a transfer request.

As for the bin dippers, PL wont do a thing, they too haven't an ounce of integrity.

I hope we let him rot for 6 months. Happy to pay him. Someone needs to make a stand...............

Probably but I don't see that we'd get any more than we would from a transfer fee. Mutu's behaviour made him valueless, don't think that's the case with Van Dijk.

The damages are the club's losses flowing from the breach. Chelsea lost all prospect of a transfer fee cos of his conduct / breach . Same principal as a reduced transfer fee from conduct / breach.

At a guess, I imagine we agreed not to pursue the complaint based on the Scousers apology and withdrawal of interest

would be difficult...

We have more evidence it appears and we used that card to ward them off. Now, we cannot use that evidence. We too could find ourselves in trouble for withholding evidence the FA required.

Reed and co played our hand wrong despite us having all the aces.

Stand by for the clubs PR machine to kick into gear to placate us

The damages are the club's losses flowing from the breach. Chelsea lost all prospect of a transfer fee cos of his conduct / breach . Same principal as a reduced transfer fee from conduct / breach.

If VVD could be quoted as saying he did not want to play, which currently he can't, then the concept of suing him for lost transfer revenue might come into play. Not saying it will or even that we should, just saying there might be some mileage in it.

would be difficult...

We have more evidence it appears and we used that card to ward them off. Now, we cannot use that evidence. We too could find ourselves in trouble for withholding evidence the FA required.

Reed and co played our hand wrong despite us having all the aces.

Stand by for the clubs PR machine to kick into gear to placate us

The FA aren't and haven't been involved we reported Liverpool to the PL who decided not to investigate our complaint.

Keep him , our loss is £13m plus wages , its not £50 £60 or £70M ,

Osvaldo cost us more and he was a total loss

Les , Ralph Kat-------- Let him rot or offer him a loan to some lower league foreign club or maybe even China but do not sell to LFC

The FA aren't and haven't been involved we reported Liverpool to the PL who decided not to investigate our complaint.
They didn't decide not to investigate it. We agreed to withdraw? it (or put it into abeyance) in return for an apology and agreement that they wouldn't pursue their interest.

Which makes the new situation interesting.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I dont know why he signed a new 6 year contract last summer, only to demand a move this summer, im sure he would have been aware of interest from other clubs even 12 months ago.

Personally, as much as i wouldnt mind seeing the club make a point, i still feel at this stage its better to sell.

If its not this summer itll be next, so sell why the markets hot. Id put the ball firmly in liverpoils court and let the player know. The value is 65 million if liverpool pay it you can leave, if not you stay. See how much they really want him.

I reckon itll end up being 40m and sakho.

They didn't decide not to investigate it. We agreed to withdraw? it (or put it into abeyance) in return for an apology and agreement that they wouldn't pursue their interest.

Which makes the new situation interesting.

well going on this

Premier League chiefs have been reluctant to get involved and wanted the clubs to resolve the matter privately with Liverpool offering both a private and public apology.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-escape-premier-league-action-10693993

says to me the PL didn't want any part of it.

I dont know why he signed a new 6 year contract last summer, only to demand a move this summer, im sure he would have been aware of interest from other clubs even 12 months ago.

Personally, as much as i wouldnt mind seeing the club make a point, i still feel at this stage its better to sell.

If its not this summer itll be next, so sell why the markets hot. Id put the ball firmly in liverpoils court and let the player know. The value is 65 million if liverpool pay it you can leave, if not you stay. See how much they really want him.

I reckon itll end up being 40m and sakho.

I'm pretty sure the club have said the price is 70million plus.

Because he was happy to grab a bigger salary for a year and I'm sure his agent told him not to worry about getting out of his contract whenever he liked.

Personally, as much as i wouldnt mind seeing the club make a point, i still feel at this stage its better to sell

Only at our price, and never to Liverpool.

well going on this

Premier League chiefs have been reluctant to get involved and wanted the clubs to resolve the matter privately with Liverpool offering both a private and public apology.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-escape-premier-league-action-10693993

Aye, 'swept under the carpet' comes to mind.

well going on this

But if we'd pressed it, would they have had any option?

Really appalled with Virgil.

I was told he was interested in moving away but wouldn't under any circumstance refuse to play or 'kick up a fuss' and trusted the club. He's gone from being my favourite defender of all time for Saints to on par with Dejan Lovren & Kenwyne Jones.

This reminds me a little of the Payet situation, with a player going on strike shortly after signing a new deal, and insisting on going to only one other club. West Ham probably feel that they did not get top dollar for him because of that.

According to Simon Peach, the club is still saying behind the scenes that he will not be sold this summer (same goes for Bertrand). Liverpool fans could be exhibiting premature triumphalism again.

Really appalled with Virgil.

I was told he was interested in moving away but wouldn't under any circumstance refuse to play or 'kick up a fuss' and trusted the club. He's gone from being my favourite defender of all time for Saints to on par with Dejan Lovren & Kenwyne Jones.

Let's be honest, it's the agent who's pushed this.

I reckon the other top 5 clubs, particularly Man Utd, would have pushed for it too. They certainly have the influence.

I've been told, from a good source at united, that they don't rate him. This was early last season though so obviously things may have changed under Jose.

So get injured; repay the Club for looking after you and sticking by you; on a long contract; yet still basically go on strike. Apalling behaviour with no excuses whatsoever!

Good to see the manager has told him where to go, like my 2 year old grandson having a tantrum, so disappointed in him.

Let's be honest, it's the agent who's pushed this.
As is nearly always the case.

The current state of affairs is appalling. Agents are money-grabbing leeches. They have destroyed the concept of club loyalty and the stakes for them are so high they will stop at nothing.

Even encouraging a client to sign up to a long contract is to their benefit. Initially they take a cut from the improved deal, then 12 months later they engineer pressure for a move. The fact that the client is on a long contract simply increases the value, because of the cost of buying out the contract, and gives the agent a cut of a bigger fee plus extra for negotiating an exit from a long contract.

The clubs lose, the player wins (at least financially), but the agent totally wins.

Its easy to blame the agent, but FFS he is a 26yo and surely can make his own decisions.
Yes, but as I said above, the stakes are so high for the agent, massive pressure is applied.

Agents have no concern for the game. Just money.

So get injured; repay the Club for looking after you and sticking by you; on a long contract; yet still basically go on strike. Apalling behaviour with no excuses whatsoever!

Good to see the manager has told him where to go, like my 2 year old grandson having a tantrum, so disappointed in him.

Will be interesting to hear the crowd's reaction to him tomorrow at Brentford. Part of me wants a reaction to tell him what we think of him. He's got no respect for our club so shouldn't count on our support. Shame I thought he was different but just a spoiled, brat of a man like the rest of them.

Regardless of the agent talk, do these guys not have the decency to be professional and respect their employer? I just can't believe what utter Wayne Kerrs they can be. Surely his employment contract is being breached by him not wanting to join in? Surely kicking the ball in a team environment is one of the terms? I'll be honest, it makes me want to kick these guys squarely in the nuts.

Saints tell the fans he will not be sold

Fans very happy

Liverpool show interest , club says no

Fans happy

VVD say he wants to go

Fans unhappy

Liverpool the destination

Fans unhappy

Club sell him to different club

Fans happy

Club /board very happy???

So much wrong on so many levels with this whole sorry saga, Liverpool's tapping up, media personalities screaming for him to go, the Premiere league doing the bare minimum too ward off Liverpool, and finally the players crass disregard for the club, the fans and his contract.

Personally, I now just want him to fu ck off, I don't give a sh it how good he is, I'd rather have somebody who wants to be here than a money grabbing ducking mercenary.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

So much wrong on so many levels with this whole sorry saga, Liverpool's tapping up, media personalities screaming for him to go, the Premiere league doing the bare minimum too ward off Liverpool, and finally the players crass disregard for the club, the fans and his contract.

Personally, I now just want him to fu ck off, I don't give a sh it how good he is, I'd rather have somebody who wants to be here than a money grabbing ducking mercenary.

That's a pretty short list in football.

Why don't Saints employ, as a one off, one of those very expensive divorce lawyers that the very wealthy people use?

They are used to dealing with potentially nasty situations and usually still manage to screw the opposition. Lets face it

if a club wants to play dirty then Saints need to be even more evil.

Its modern football for you. If you don't like it, get off the bus. My stop is in view and I will be getting off soner rather than later. Its an industry that over hypes itself, over sells itself and over pays everyone in the top league. I was going to say that the times before 1992 and Sky were better, but our rise from L1 was fun. We now find ourselves in a league, like most others, where it is all about money and how much you can spend. When someone can spend more than you, you lose.

Money and knowing how to behave in a decent and proper manner have never made comfy bed fellows. Its a pretty taudry business and one that I find ever harder to reconcile with.

I've come to the conclusion that none of them want to be here if there's more money elsewhere. The club need to be strong and keep hold. Get his mind right and get him playing or he can sit and do nothing for the time being.

That's a pretty short list in football.
That's your ducking swear filter Jimmy, get it turned off for this thread now. VvD deserves all the expletives he is going to get from here on in.

I hate the 'forcing a move' tactics players use these days (on request of their agents i'm sure) and I certainly wish our players would display the integrity of a Griezmann, but at the same time, if you show me a club that shows any kind of loyalty to a player when it doesn't suit them I'll show you that I don't really know how to finish this sentence. Loyalty is a two way street and I think both parties only drive one way when it suits them. So is there much point in criticizing the player when everyone knows the way the game is played?

I wam Utd actually be comfortable finishing lower in the table and keeping him for a season and not playing him. I know it's not going to happen but somebody needs to make a stand and show the players they dont hold the power. Imagine him not playing a game for a whole season. How long would it be before he was begging for a game. World Cup year as well (if they qualify)