Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

why stop blaming the players, they are the ones that sign contracts and do not honour it, they are the ones that want to leave for more money, they are the ones that go on strike, they are the ones that have no loyalty

Depends what the contracts actually say doesn't it. Who can say if there's a"no europe" clause in them. Or top 4, or prolonged injury or a thousand other things. Agents are pretty sharp, most of them legal eagles. The contracts that players sign usually are a bit loaded in favour of their client.

I hope you're right. In my mind, this is the crunch with Liverpool. They've manipulated our players in the past to the extent that they think it's normal and justifiable. They also think they're above punishment. If we cave in on this one, they will just carry on and the implications for Saints really are very serious.

The moment has to come when we make a stand, or we might as well just give up altogether, and if Les and co don't realise that, the anger amongst fans will make the rumblings over Puel fade into insignificance.

The outcome of this is absolutely critical to Saints' future.

And thanks for an excellent post.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Totally agree. Like i said yesterday Southampton FC have to stand firm on this and not cave in - its about more than just this club and VVD now. IF we do decide to sell it cannot be to Liverpool its as simple as that BUT ultimately they have to keep the player regardless of his mental state blah blah blah.

We are led to believe this is out of character for VVD. If thats the case he will get his head down and play once these Scouse ****ers sod off.

I just don't get the Liverpool thing; there's a few other teams who have actually won stuff in recent seasons, why not dream of playing for them???

Let's face it, he's gone. With only a few weeks to go Les needs to start investing in some quality in anticipation of selling VVD on deadline day for £70 million to Man City.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lets be real here, he's a very good player in demand who probably wants to win some silverware in addition to earning as much cash as he can.

He's not from the area so has no affinities but has given us 2 years and significantly improved his value. The club have done well by him.

Ignore the circus, sell for top dollar and use the money to find a couple of good replacements - that is the SFC business model after all and has served the club very well.

Yes as a fan it sticks in the throat but players aren't fans - they are contracted staff and like the rest of us want the best that they can get.

That 6 year contract he signed really does give the club the whip hand. If he was down to having just a year or two left, he could call the shots. But the fact that in theory - we can make him train alone and play him in the reserves for 5 years does place us in a strong position. Whether the club plays those cards well or not is another matter....

Not on the field it doesn't.

What don't you get you pathetic multi persona idiot?

Kat is not making bags of money out of Saints

You wanted to know "where all the money has gone" - The books show exactly where it has gone with none taken out.... All out there in the public domain and you latest come back was how much she was making on the interest rate she was charging against the loan..........LMFAO. Probably exactly the same as the interest rates she is being charged by Macquarie Bank on the loan she renegotiated (And against her personal estate) to get batter rates than the loans that Cortese took out with Vibrac..... You know the ones that he mocked and laughed other clubs for doing and proudly said he would never do.... then went and did the same.

As for the original question that you responded to....... Is Les Reeds position safe..................... Of course it's ****ing safe, there are not many DOF CV's in the world that can match his record in the last 8 years.

Laughing at myself now for getting wound up.

If you haven't enjoyed the last 8 years, under, overseen by Uncle Les, then you should probably find a different sport or team. You change your username enough, changing team shouldn't be a problem.

Not like you. This thread and outcome is made for the troll now, he will be all over it like a cat that's got the cream. He is a grade a dickhead.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Lets be real here, he's a very good player in demand who probably wants to win some silverware in addition to earning as much cash as he can.

He's not from the area so has no affinities but has given us 2 years and significantly improved his value. The club have done well by him.

Ignore the circus, sell for top dollar and use the money to find a couple of good replacements - that is the SFC business model after all and has served the club very well.

Yes as a fan it sticks in the throat but players aren't fans - they are contracted staff and like the rest of us want the best that they can get.

There speaks a voice of reason.

**** off Van Dijk

Virgil Van Dijk

We just don't want you anymore

You've got some ****ing front

You money-grabbing ****

**** off Virgil Van Dijk

That's a really clever idea. What Van Dijk wants more than anything now is to create a feeling of rejection by the club and fans, and this will help enormously.

He wants a situation where his position at the club seems untenable so that we have to let him go, and cheaply, to cut out losses.

But once he has gone .... Cracking song. [emoji6]

On a Liverpool site 'Southampton know the only reason for the improved contract was because it gave them extra leverage when it came to his transfer. Both parties agreed this. Same with us and Phil and Luis when he stayed the extra year. To think otherwise is folly. They are the ones reneging on the deal struck with VVD. Southampton want to sell but not to us. They wanted an auction but up to now they haven't got one and for that, wrongly, they blame Liverpool and are playing hardball to appease some of their gob****e fans who see us coming and shafting their club every season. They would rather sell to Everton than us. This deal is going to happen because VVD wants it to happen, simple as. Southampton are going to get top dollar but will make us sweat for a while'

You have hit the nail on the head. I have been saying the same for some time but of course it is an opinion that is not popular so it is 'trolling'.
What nail, whose head? All you've been saying for the last ten years is that we will finish 17th, you're as big a dickhead as the troll. Why do I get the impression that you are one and the same?

Yet another player leaving under a cloud.

When do we stop blaming the players and start questioning why?

You're loving this aren't you? Making the most of every little morsel.

On a Liverpool site 'Southampton know the only reason for the improved contract was because it gave them extra leverage when it came to his transfer. Both parties agreed this. Same with us and Phil and Luis when he stayed the extra year. To think otherwise is folly. They are the ones reneging on the deal struck with VVD. Southampton want to sell but not to us. They wanted an auction but up to now they haven't got one and for that, wrongly, they blame Liverpool and are playing hardball to appease some of their gob****e fans who see us coming and shafting their club every season. They would rather sell to Everton than us. This deal is going to happen because VVD wants it to happen, simple as. Southampton are going to get top dollar but will make us sweat for a while'
Ah that's good, as it means Coutinho will leave because he wants to leave.

Yep, all true, but this is more about how this move has played out. Tapping up, illegal meetings, 5 year contract, no transfer request, sulking. I couldn't give a flying duck if he gets sold, but there is a right way to do business and a wrong way.

We effectively are now being bullied into selling our player because of another club's illegal approach.

The article in the Echo probably amounts to the club getting in first on a public statement confirming all the rumours flying around recently. The club is not daft and nor is Les Reed, this confirmation amounts to notification to other clubs that an auction for van Dyke's services can begin now.

We know that Chelsea and Man City are interested at the right price and so too it is rumoured strongly is Arsenal. Les probably feels or hopes that one of those three will bid near our asking price so that any re-kindling of Liverpool interest becomes irrelevant.

No question van Dyke will go now, all the many, often preposterous "punishments" scenarios dreamed up on here by disappointed fans will not come to pass. vD is an asset (in the strict meaning of the word) and the club will want to liquidise this asset as soon as possible. Les Reed has to get through this somehow without looking like a **** for going back on his word. Trouble for him is that the "vD will not be sold" hook will still hang him if vD goes elsewhere than Merseyside.

The only good thing to come out of this is that we had to play for half of last season without him so his disappearance may not be quite the shock to the system as some imagine. We will just have to get more used to being mediocre with little prospect of ever becoming a serious CL challenger.

Sadly, this news might stimulate a few more of our brighter stars into concluding that it might not be worth hanging around here. If Ryan or Cedric decides to quit as well we will be in one hell of a mess.

I don't know but something smells here. I'm very surprised no-one seems to be questioning why it's always Liverpool our players seem to want to defect to (mostly). It would not surprise.me to find out that some at the heart of SFC has a VERY close connection to L'pool and that these deals are being set up in full knowledge that a.bjg money transfer will be coming our way.

I think the club should stay firm and make the player honour his contract even if that means sitting in the reserves. This circus has to end for all the reasons spelt out already. But it won't...we will sell...we always do, despite the lies spun by Les. I'm slowly getting worn down by it all...its not.the same game anymore I'm afraid.

Liverpool is one of the great teams of English Football the other is Man U it is not surprising that players want to go there.

If he does not want to play for us he can **** off and lets get someone in who wants to play for us

There is no point not playing him we all now knownow he is not a decent bloke and has no loyalty

You're loving this aren't you? Making the most of every little morsel.

What is this little love affair you've got going with Heisenberg? Have you ever met each other? There must be many on here who are as mystified as me and would like to know more.

We will get serious money for him next summer as is signed up long term. Let him train alone and when window closes bring him back in to the fold. World Cup year, he will play with 200% commitment. Must make a stand. Liverpool have been bastards. We will probably get more next year as prices will shoot ip further

Yep, all true, but this is more about how this move has played out. Tapping up, illegal meetings, 5 year contract, no transfer request, sulking. I couldn't give a flying duck if he gets sold, but there is a right way to do business and a wrong way.

We effectively are now being bullied into selling our player because of another club's illegal approach.

This totally

And I wonder if the PL said to the bin dippers withdraw your interest and apoligise or we will throw the book at you ....maybe they said under no circumstances can you bid for him if you do we will retrospectively do you for the orginal offence.

Would explain why we have received NO offers from them.......I think VVD has put himself in a very difficult position and has been manipulated by others , how this is gonna play out really dont have a clue .

I think we would begrudgingly wish all players well IF we got the right fee, and it was a genuine chance to play for that player to move as far up the chain as his ability allows him. But this whole fiasco comes down to the pathetic love-in that they've had behind SFCs backs, the ridiculous outcry from their ex-players, the fact they've raided us for a few years and now the attitude of the player. I don't care if it means keeping an unhappy player for a season purely out of principle, and to show other players that contracts mean something and they'll be sold on our terms. Barring serious injury, he'll be worth a shed load next year and I suspect the year after, and with all the money flying around we can stomach his wages easily. I love the club and the game in general, but these incidents make me think about renewing my ST rather than doing it automatically.

What is this little love affair you've got going with Heisenberg? Have you ever met each other? There must be many on here who are as mystified as me and would like to know more.
No need to be mystified Charlie, I just can't stand trolls.

Having slept on it and thought a bit more I don't want that pr1ck anywhere near the club or wear the shirt. If that means he sulks on his own for weeks so be it.

I get a footballers career is short but the salary they get is enough for life.

Why is CL the holy grail the Scouser's will get knocked out soon enough anyway.

FreeCoutinho#

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Les holds all the cards here and can play them any way he wants. The fact that Liverpool came out and apologised is pretty much admitting culpability and the premier league only dropped it (as far as I'm aware) after we indicated that we were happy with the apology. If we want VVD to stay then all we need to do is threaten Liverpool and say we'll go back to the premier league unless they tell VVD that they will not be submitting a bid this summer. If we want to cash in we threaten again unless they come up with a bid we find acceptable and so they'll pay through the nose for him. The apology itself shows how scared they are of further sanctions against them so it's a big stick to repeatedly hit them with. As for Van Dijk? Who gives a toss if he's unhappy - he'll get over it and comes to terms with the situation however it pans out - what he needs is certainty and to know exactly where he'll be playing next season.

Fck me another buffoon comparing player and manager contracts.

I get it now, you have cut through the argument with precision and intelligence. So presumably managers should actively plan on being crap, get sacked with consequential hit to reputation, as it's a good outcome because they get compensation? And there was me thinking that in fact the two situations were remarkably similar, namely that one of the two parties in a contract offer a multi year commitment to the other and then change their mind.

You are quite right, how foolish of me

It's just sad, but makes me angry at the same time, that players no longer buy into club loyalty, being part of a team that develops together and wins together. We'll never see another LeTiss.

Money has ruined the game and it's all many players care about, egged on by leeching agents.

But it's also reflected in newer generations of fans, who only seem to be bothered about how much we spend in each window, needing instant success. The media, and in particular Sky, have developed the measure of spend as equating to success: that's why they so hated Leicester's title - it spoilt their vision.

Of course I want to see Saints stay in the top league and do well, but I sometimes yearn for the League 1 days when we were a club and team together without any prima Donna individuals.

We march on together?

Best post I have read for a while, accurate but depressing all the same. No fun in football any longer, been ruined by all mentioned above.

Les holds all the cards here and can play them any way he wants. The fact that Liverpool came out and apologised is pretty much admitting culpability and the premier league only dropped it (as far as I'm aware) after we indicated that we were happy with the apology. If we want VVD to stay then all we need to do is threaten Liverpool and say we'll go back to the premier league unless they tell VVD that they will not be submitting a bid this summer. If we want to cash in we threaten again unless they come up with a bid we find acceptable and so they'll pay through the nose for him. The apology itself shows how scared they are of further sanctions against them so it's a big stick to repeatedly hit them with. As for Van Dijk? Who gives a toss if he's unhappy - he'll get over it and comes to terms with the situation however it pans out - what he needs is certainty and to know exactly where he'll be playing next season.

The fact he was not playing for us and training on his own a few hours after a slew of articles about how he was Liverpool's only target says to me that Liverpool have probably had something to do with the timing.

Personally I'd be absolutely disgusted if he ends up at Liverpool.

This will have a knock-on effect....

BREAKING NEWS

Neymar's chances of leaving Barcelona in this summer's transfer window are "90%", a source in Spain close to the player has told Sky Sports News.

It is understood he has decided to leave the club after becoming increasingly frustrated at “playing second fiddle" to Lionel Messi.

The fact he was not playing for us and training on his own a few hours after a slew of articles about how he was Liverpool's only target says to me that Liverpool have probably had something to do with the timing.

Personally I'd be absolutely disgusted if he ends up at Liverpool.

I'm sure we'd love to sell him to anyone other than them, but if they are the only club knocking on the door (and they offer us the money we want) then we will sell.

It's depressing, but it happens nearly every year so I don't know why so many people forget it.

This is all about saving face now. We can't be seen as more of a soft touch then we already are. He has 5 years left on his contract, he'll still be worth the same, if not more, if he doesn't play a single game this season. Let him rot if he sulks.

This is all about saving face now. We can't be seen as more of a soft touch then we already are. He has 5 years left on his contract, he'll still be worth the same, if not more, if he doesn't play a single game this season. Let him rot if he sulks.

We'd be weaker on the pitch this season, if it did come to that (although I don't think we'll have to make him rot in the reserves).

I'd personally be backing the club 100% if it did come to that though.

Ok Premier League what more evidence do you need that the player has been tapped up?

If you are to maintain the honesty and integrity of this league you should ban Liverpool from buying any players for 2 years.

All transfers between Liverpool and Southampton should be banned for 5 years and a wage cap should be introduced to provide a fairer and more equitable league.

Failure to take action to provide a fair and equitable league should result in further sanctions from FIFA including banning English clubs from Europe and the transfer of players from abroad to English Premier league clubs until such time as the league puts it's house in order.

( I am a little bit angry)

I'm sure we'd love to sell him to anyone other than them, but if they are the only club knocking on the door (and they offer us the money we want) then we will sell.

It's depressing, but it happens nearly every year so I don't know why so many people forget it.

We've never sold a player with 5 years left on his contract.

Once, maaaybe twice, one with 4 years left?

I'm remembering just fine how we sell players.

Keep him, he will knuckle down. Agents though... Disgusting.

Wasserman are the agents, "Built on integrity and a relentless pursuit of pushing what's possible for our clients" apparently - says it all. Koeman has the same agents. They are built on anything but integrity imo. Shame agents can't be banned and the money stay in the game, never going to happen though.

As I've said I have been told he won't be sold and that he is sulking about it.

Liverpool are trying the same with Keita aswell, dirty club!

Funny thing is Liverpool are so desperate for him and they won't be getting him. Not this season anyway, come next season they probably won't be in the CL

It's just sad, but makes me angry at the same time, that players no longer buy into club loyalty, being part of a team that develops together and wins together. We'll never see another LeTiss.

Money has ruined the game and it's all many players care about, egged on by leeching agents.

But it's also reflected in newer generations of fans, who only seem to be bothered about how much we spend in each window, needing instant success. The media, and in particular Sky, have developed the measure of spend as equating to success: that's why they so hated Leicester's title - it spoilt their vision.

Of course I want to see Saints stay in the top league and do well, but I sometimes yearn for the League 1 days when we were a club and team together without any prima Donna individuals.

We march on together?

Problem is, in league one there was togetherness yes, but we were getting these players because we could outspend and offer more in wages than any other club in the league. We are at our level now. We'll never be able to outspend the top clubs in the top divisions, so the league one days whilst nice, were never going to last.

Hope the club stand firm, we don't need to sell, ride out the window and get him to buckle down. We should totally be pursuing the claims against Liverpool though, they should be punished for this, I have no doubt they are agitating things behind the scenes again through his agent.

Funny thing is Liverpool are so desperate for him and they won't be getting him. Not this season anyway, come next season they probably won't be in the CL

I read the other day that if they don't land VvD, they don't plan on bringing in another centre-back.

Club won't be losing any fans if they stick to that.

Might make it slightly more difficult to sign players on long contracts, especially if they have Wasserman as agents, but if players are just going to get out of those long contracts by going on strike, there was little point in them anyway.

Stick to our guns here and any player that signs a new contract with us will know there's a good chance he'll have to stick to it right from the start.

He's a turd. It's been common knowledge for months that went and met another clubs manager whilst we're paying for his rehab... it's only now he's getting both barrels from fans.

Irrespective, he's a bigger pr1ck than I thought: 6 year bumper deal, captaincy injury and rehab, backstabbing Saints during that period then refusing to play because he doesn't get his way.... AND a gutless bottlejob when it comes to handing in a transfer request and foregoing a "loyalty" bonus. A proper c()nts trick.

This situation is now bigger than both he club and Virgil, like someone else mentioned above: standing firm and if necessary, letting his career wilt away for five years is a far better and robust decision than caving in and taking the money from a bunch of bin-dipping, self-pitying sh1t****s.

Totally agree with this. The thing that really gets me is I bet the cvnt has been told he can go with our blessing after one more season, yet still he acts like this. Utterly disgraceful.

I read the other day that if they don't land VvD, they don't plan on bringing in another centre-back.
Guess they are stuck with Lovren Matip and Sakho then, suppose they could use James 'versatile' Milner there aswell [emoji23]

Hats of to Tom for his ITK on this. A respect to him for not heading straight back and trolling the **** out of the trolls!

Liked the MP comments and attitude. Clubs should not be getting pushed around by players and agents. Will be interesting how this plays out now....really hope the club stays strong on it.

He's a turd. It's been common knowledge for months that went and met another clubs manager whilst we're paying for his rehab... it's only now he's getting both barrels from fans.

Irrespective, he's a bigger pr1ck than I thought: 6 year bumper deal, captaincy injury and rehab, backstabbing Saints during that period then refusing to play because he doesn't get his way.... AND a gutless bottlejob when it comes to handing in a transfer request and foregoing a "loyalty" bonus. A proper c()nts trick.

This situation is now bigger than both he club and Virgil, like someone else mentioned above: standing firm and if necessary, letting his career wilt away for five years is a far better and robust decision than caving in and taking the money from a bunch of bin-dipping, self-pitying sh1t****s.

That would only damage us in the long run. We've set ourselves up as a club for good young players to come to and develop before leaving for a bigger club. If we start letting wantaways rot in the reserves, then these talented players will no longer see us as a step to bigger things and won't want to join us. Instead we'll end up like Sunderland, signing 30+ year old has beens on big wages.