Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

I thought his Mrs never wanted to move. Chelsea allows him to stay where he is. Who knows, maybe this "Liverpool is the only place I want to go" is using them as a stalking horse.

Would love that to be the case, thinking of Liverpool FC and all their fans greed being 'USED' by VvD to get the move he really wants. That brings a smile to my face :lol:

I really struggle to understand why Man City, Man United and Chelsea are not smashing our door down in an attempt to sign him. I guess they must have all asked tentatively if he was for sale and what kind of figure we might want and the reply of `no' and or `£75m' was enough to put them off.
Totally agree, and from his point of view they have to be his best options of winning stuff. Don't get at all why so keen to go to Liverpool. Perhaps they don't rate him at 70 and think they can get him cheaper, are we willing to lower our sights...? Who knows?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'm weirdly ok with VVD going to Chelsea. Just not Liverpool, at any cost. They're too smug at walking all over us. Plus it would be really funny to see them fail to get him, despite his exterior toy situation regarding the pram

I really struggle to understand why Man City, Man United and Chelsea are not smashing our door down in an attempt to sign him. I guess they must have all asked tentatively if he was for sale and what kind of figure we might want and the reply of `no' and or `£75m' was enough to put them off.

listening to talk****e the other day and some guest pundit was asking why none of the big clubs were in for Toby at spurs they pointed that really good CBs are hard to find and they would have expected the big boys to all over Toby and VVD.

listening to talk****e the other day and some guest pundit was asking why none of the big clubs were in for Toby at spurs they pointed that really good CBs are hard to find and they would have expected the big boys to all over Toby and VVD.

So much for finishing Top 4, 2 seasons in a row then. Didn't think Toby had a particularly good season last year, not in Europe anyway.

Collymore was basically released.

Media reports today that Real Madrid and Barcelona are now interested in VVD. As 'Arry might say, proper football clubs.

If the suggestion that Real and Barca are interested it could be an ideal solution to be shot of a player who is close to having burnt his bridges with the club and especially, the fans. This idea was mooted by Celtic manager, Neil Lennon nearly two months ago. Getting rid of Van Dijk now, out of the Premier League sounds quite tempting as we wouldn't even have the embarrassment of him playing against us. The key would be if Les Reed decided the price was good enough.

The media who like to portray this as a 'battle' between their favourite 'big clubs' still don't seem to understand that Saints do not have to sell. If there isn't a big enough fee to let him go, the only club VVD can play for this season is the one that holds his 5-year contract, and that we all know, is Southampton. At the end of 5 years he'll be 31 and his career could be a matter of history. Perhaps that will dawn on him when he realises that his future is at risk.

I'm weirdly ok with VVD going to Chelsea. Just not Liverpool, at any cost. They're too smug at walking all over us. Plus it would be really funny to see them fail to get him, despite his exterior toy situation regarding the pram

I can't remember when Chelsea last bought a player from us. We usually buy from them i.e. Romeu, Bertrand. Does that make Chelsea a Saints feeder club?

Actually I would not be so annoyed if VVD went to Chelsea for the right fee. Certainly we should never sell any player to Liverpool or Klopp again.

I can't remember when Chelsea last bought a player from us. We usually buy from them i.e. Romeu, Bertrand. Does that make Chelsea a Saints feeder club?

Actually I would not be so annoyed if VVD went to Chelsea for the right fee. Certainly we should never sell any player to Liverpool or Klopp again.

Wayne Bridge was the last I remember but there have probably been others since.

that pundit has a point, although Toby does seem to get injured a fair bit, which might put them off paying the mega bucks they would need to get him.

Van Dijk --- Luiz --- Cahill

A formidable back 3 if he ends up there

he'd be the best centre back there, immediately. Cahill is pretty average (when you are looking at the very top CL level, as Chelsea no doubt are) and Luiz is no better than when he first got there, he just looks better when he has two CBs to cover any mistakes and poor positioning.

although when compared to what we would be left with:

Stephens --- Yoshida --- Bednarek

its looks formidable, as you first said.

The Dutch take on the VVD situation is in these articles:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/de-telegraaf-van-dijk-take-southampton-arbitration-board-netherlands/

http://sportwitness.co.uk/dutch-newspaper-bring-legal-experts-van-dijk-transfer-liverpools-class-questioned/

A quote from Le Tissier in the second article:

I remember the times when Liverpool was a football club who set up with class around transfers. There have been no bids at Southampton for Virgil all summer. And until the moment there is a bid, a club should not talk to a player.

If I were Spurs I'd be all out for VVD.

Can you imagine him at the centre of a back three with Verthonghen left CB and Alderweireld right CB? And Lloris in goal, Wanyama in front of them? Hard to think of a better more well balanced defence around.

Gulp. Now you that's the way to turn a title contender into a league winner.

@SkyKaveh: Source close to Virgil Van Dijk expects him to be Liverpool player by end of window. No suggestion LFC have done anything since apology

I think the fact Liverpool haven't moved to sign another centre-half is proof enough they are waiting in the wings.

Really tough one for the board to negotiate. Sell him and they come off very poorly out of this. Keep him and they risk their best paid player acting like a knob. Genuinely tough call to make. Would love to think they will stick with the principles they told us at the start of the summer but who knows in football.

@SkyKaveh: Source close to Virgil Van Dijk expects him to be Liverpool player by end of window. No suggestion LFC have done anything since apology
So how does that work, Liverpool have done nothing, and neither has the player in terms of putting in a transfer request.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Source most likely being his agent or a mate who's just released this to the press or from Liverpool indirectly . Just another attempt to force a move.

im sure he does......might end up disappointed tho. Putting stuff like this out would, if I was on the board of SFC make me even more determined that he isn't leaving or if he does it's not to them !

its disgraceful the way this is being carried out.

Well if Lfc want him they will have to ask SFC to speak with him etc etc. Why can't the dinlows that are close to him explain that? It's not that ****ing difficult is it.

I think the fact Liverpool haven't moved to sign another centre-half is proof enough they are waiting in the wings.

Really tough one for the board to negotiate. Sell him and they come off very poorly out of this. Keep him and they risk their best paid player acting like a knob. Genuinely tough call to make. Would love to think they will stick with the principles they told us at the start of the summer but who knows in football.

It really isn't. He can't be allowed to leave. Give him what he wants and it's a green light for every other player to act like a cvnt and get his own way, and we will get this sh!t every ****ing year. Holding players to their contract is the only way to put a stop to it.

As for this, the source is obviously his cvnt of an agent.

It really isn't. He can't be allowed to leave. Give him what he wants and it's a green light for every other player to act like a cvnt and get his own way, and we will get this sh!t every ****ing year. Holding players to their contract is the only way to put a stop to it.

As for this, the source is obviously his cvnt of an agent.

Not just every other player at Southampton. This would be the catalyst for players everywhere.

Sky have a conflict of interest. They run a betting website and due to reports linking van Dijk to Chelsea, Barcelona & Real Madrid today perhaps they created a story to get money from punters betting on Liverpool again.

Sky are able to manipulate gullible gamblers to read stories on Sky Sports News, which then influences betting markets... of which they have a vested interest! Really shouldn't be allowed.

Sky have a conflict of interest. They run a betting website and due to reports linking van Dijk to Chelsea, Barcelona & Real Madrid today perhaps they created a story to get money from punters betting on Liverpool again.

Sky are able to manipulate gullible gamblers to read stories on Sky Sports News, which then influences betting markets... of which they have a vested interest! Really shouldn't be allowed.

Because they're bringing you news you don't want to hear.

In less than a year we have gone from Fonte and VVD, to Yoshida and Stephens. Not the right direction.

Fonte and VVD to Yoshida & Stephens

Wanyama and Morgan to Romeu & JWP

Mane and Lallana to Redmond & Tadic

We are getting weaker all over.

Perhaps the 60-70m for VVD will go fully back into strengthening the squad ala Everton and the lukaku monies?

Blimey we had Mane and Lallana together!? I must've missed that. That tweet doesn't say anything new at all. Of course Van Dijk expects to be a Liverpool player, he wouldn't be pulling out all the stops if he thought it was in vain. We have to make sure his expectations are not met, otherwise it's open season for ****housery.

A whole spate of extra media articles suggesting that the Virgil move to Scousehampton is still going to go ahead, based on nothing in particular. Perhaps the Liverpool loving media were told to reignite the embers in an attempt to counter the whole raft of speculation that had begun to suggest that Chelsea were now in the driving seat, to make them think that the Scousers were favourites because Virgil wanted to play for them. I am still very happy that the club are keeping quiet about it all, as it is good fun to watch the media in a frenzy of baseless speculation, and then it will be even more delicious if it doesn't happen when the transfer window slams shut.

Maybe this is hope over expectation, but I think the club are going to dig their heels in on this one. He isn't going unless we get utterly insane money. The club may be strong enough to just shove him in the reserves for a season. Or until he wakes up to reality.

Like I say, maybe this is hope over expectation. But we could do that.

Because they're bringing you news you don't want to hear.
That's not the point at all. The blatent manipulation of the betting market is so obvious, and has been explained on this forum time and time again. I can't believe there hasn't been an investigation into it yet, and I'm even more incredulous that idiot punters are still taken in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Believe what you want to believe.