Virgil Transfer Rumours - Summer 17

wild-saint

At the end of the interview on talksport it was mentioned that VVD was one year into a six year contract, Odemwingie changed to '... ah, that's different'

Maybe we will see VVD doing an Odemwingie and be seen standing forlornly out side Anfield on transfer dead line day pleading to be let in....

But, like Virgil, they can swap agents after they arrive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, they can. But we would assess the player's agents at the time of signing. If they are represented by sh*t-stirrers like the Wasserman Group to begin with, at least we will be forewarned to the potential troubles that would ensue if the player really shone. Inevitably we would accept that if a player identified by the black box proved to be a real gem we would then risk losing him, but at least we would be aware of the dubious tactics that the likes of agents like Wasserman would employ right from the start. As you rightly say, he has been very badly advised and that bad advice has to laid at their door.

http://anfieldindex.com/28817/coutinho-van-dijk-keita-hypocrisy.html

Here's a novelty; an even-handed and sensible Liverpool fan with a degree of humility usually lacking in the species.

What a load of pony it's not a novelty at all. Most local Liverpool fans are even handed & sensible. There's certainly more ****ing one eyed idiots in Southampton than there are in Liverpool. The lack of respect for the city & that club in this thread is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

What a load of pony, most local Liverpool fans are even handed & sensible. There's certainly more ****ing one eyed idiots in Southampton than there are in Liverpool. The lack of respect for the city & that club in this thread is pathetic.

**** me I bet you try to start arguments with yourself when there is no one else around....

What a load of pony it's not a novelty at all. Most local Liverpool fans are even handed & sensible. There's certainly more ****ing one eyed idiots in Southampton than there are in Liverpool. The lack of respect for the city & that club in this thread is pathetic.

Have you conducted a poll in both cities :smug:

Looks like Liverpool are about to lose Coutinho to Barcelona.

If I was VvD I'd be thinking twice about whether forcing a move to them was really worth it.

Don't really think Coutinho is essential to them. A good player certainly but not irreplaceable for the money they're going to get for him. He always looks a bit of a fragile flower to me. Has a right shocker from time to time as well, just doesn't turn up.

Don't really think Coutinho is essential to them. A good player certainly but not irreplaceable for the money they're going to get for him. He always looks a bit of a fragile flower to me. Has a right shocker from time to time as well, just doesn't turn up.

Looks like they're at risk of losing Can as well. Considering they just snuck their way into Europe and are at the highest peak they've had in a good few years, transfers don't seem to be going too well for them this summer.

I suspect Messi has his off days, MLT was dire at times. To me as soon as Coutinho comes on Liverpool come alive and his bright brain creates chances, as well as his wonderful goals. I don't know why I'm justifying him, as Barcelona offering 80m should tell you enough. Liverpool will lose their stand out player and also it shows the fans our hurt as well

Looks like Liverpool are about to lose Coutinho to Barcelona.

If I was VvD I'd be thinking twice about whether forcing a move to them was really worth it.

I'd actually argue that Mane is more important to them than Coutinho.

I'd actually argue that Mane is more important to them than Coutinho.

Mané on form, they've bought Salah, Henderson might stay fit for the entire season you never know. Still think they'll be getting a lot of money for a player who can be replaced in the case of Coutinho. Firminho isn't really playing his true role there either.

This is a football forum, you know where people are biased against other teams you bore.

Course I have, 50 or 60 times the past 30 years. That's how I know what a great city it is.

A maximum of twice a year then? i have been to London that many times in the same sort of period but don`t claim all Londoners are great

Course I have, 50 or 60 times the past 30 years. That's how I know what a great city it is.

As a football club, Liverpool FC and their fans are a skid mark on society. History (for example Heysel) shows this and also there is a reason why pretty much 90% of the country hates them.

Albeit it won't help, I quite enjoyed Adkins' comments, telling VVD to show some respect. Spot on.

But as I say, won't make a blind bit of difference...

I'm not one that calls for ex players to come back and coach etc, but with his experience at all levels and in different departments, Adkins doesn't half strike as someone suitable for a role on our football board, should there ever be a space available. Maybe Les wouldn't fancy it, but he comes across as very pragmatic and is certainly a very good ambassador for Saints. I couldn't stand his press conferences, but remove him from that pre and post match spotlight and he speaks a fair bit of sense.

I think you will that statistics prove you wrong.....

Absolutely. The club wouldn't have offered him a lucrative contract extension just a year ago if they really believed he would then demand a move a few months later (January I understand this all started). If they thought this was still a possibility after the new terms were agreed they wouldn't have bothered and saved themselves a small fortune in 12 months of vastly increased wages for the ungrateful fella (6 months of which he hasn't even played).

Van Dijk happily took the money, the commitment and the responsibility of captain (a fine example that's turned out) - the player and his agent are the only villains here, imo.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2016-05-07/van-dijk-signs-new-six-year-contract-with-saints

He also used the services of our medical and physio teams to get himself back in shape.

Somebody (manure fan ?) staying at the same Hotel as Saints in France has posted some clips from Saints training (more detail than the OS) and he asked MP about VvD

He replies were "I was in Southampton's training camp. Pellegrino told me: "Van Dijk will stay."

and "For your information, he repeated "Van Dijk will stay" twice."

https://twitter.com/VintageRomelu

Venture outside the tax-payer regenerated centre and the place is a complete **** hole. I have never seen urban deprivation like it apart from Eastern Europe.

Landmark date fast approaching for Saints...

Latest date we've ever sold a first teamer in the summer window since returning to Premier League, July 28th (Chambers to Arse).

We suddenly going to change tactics and start selling in August? I'd like to think not...

Latest date we've ever sold a first teamer in the summer window since returning to Premier League, July 28th (Chambers to Arse).

We suddenly going to change tactics and start selling in August? I'd like to think not...

Les did say: "quiet summer".

Les wasn't joking. You could hear a pin drop if it hadn't been for Virgil and the scousers.

Break his legs in case he went on strike. This club has been too soft for too long.

Can't say the thought of putting a hit on his agent hasn't crossed my mind. Think I played Mafia 2 too many times.

Surprising stat. Let's see if mardy long contract ***t Virgil can rewrite the record books.

In the last 3 years Southampton haven't sold an important 1st team player after 28th July in the summer window.

Today is 28th July, tick tock Liverpool...

2c2d357d34d280ef7d85e7ed50e2a1347eb7633e.gif

(I know we could of course sell a player in August, but it appears to be club policy that if a player is going to be sold it is done before August so that the club has a good amount of time to find replacements)

In the last 3 years Southampton haven't sold an important 1st team player after 28th July in the summer window.

Today is 28th July, tick tock Liverpool...

2c2d357d34d280ef7d85e7ed50e2a1347eb7633e.gif

(I know we could of course sell a player in August, but it appears to be club policy that if a player is going to be sold it is done before August so that the club has a good amount of time to find replacements)

Happy Saints' sales deadline day everybody! :smug: