Weekend’s other games thread

OttawaSaint

4th favourites for relegation. Sat in 10th spot? Not too shabby

Watford’s squad is vpoor. Much worse than Leicester’s and ours.

I think with the defensive players we have, Silva would have done a decent job here and Leicester, but the past is the past no point in people (Puel’s little fan club) comparing the 2 week in week out.

Good grief.....Swansea win, Bournemouth win....with every game that goes by we are deeper and deeper in the s**t and I am starting to struggle to see how we will get out of it.

Teams making decisive decisions early and dragging themselves out of danger while we continue to meander along to relegation.

Watford’s squad is vpoor. Much worse than Leicester’s and ours.

I think with the defensive players we have, Silva would have done a decent job here and Leicester, but the past is the past no point in people (Puel’s little fan club) comparing the 2 week in week out.

Lol. Watford squad vpoor. His record is no different than the previous 2 Watford managers, both of whom were sacked. I guess their squads were much better.

What do you think of Kammy slating Watford’s tactics at 1-0 up? Stating they were just sitting on the lead playing for a 1-0. With such a vpoor squad I guess that’s the only tactics you can employ against Swansea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. Watford squad vpoor. His record is no different than the previous 2 Watford managers, both of whom were sacked. I guess their squads were much better.

What do you think of Kammy slating Watford’s tactics at 1-0 up? Stating they were just sitting on the lead playing for a 1-0. With such a vpoor squad I guess that’s the only tactics you can employ against Swansea

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watford have a habit of unfairly sacking managers. I think he’s probably doing what you would expect as a Watford fan. For them to stay up is an achievement, Top 10 overachieving.

I didn’t watch the game so can’t comment. From you’ve described, I would be unhappy if that was a saints performance, but let’s not pretend that Puel & Pellegrino don’t employ the same tactics.

Would silva have been a better fit for us? I guess we’ll never know. We know that Puel and Pellegrino aren’t though.

All the teams at the bottom have picked up at least one point apart from Stoke and West Ham (who did not play).:uhoh:
Yep, but of all of those points ours was probably the most unexpected, so all other teams will be feeling the pressure as well.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Do you ever just judge something objectively at the end of a season?

So silva has a good run then a poor run. So what? If it had been the other way round he'd be over praised right now. if it had been mixed all the way, he'd still have done a decent job.

Must be exhausting to change your opinion based on every last result let alone spend half the season revising what happened last year.

You do know anything puel does at leicester, good or bad, doesn't change anything he did here right???

People don't seem to be able to get their heads round managers doing good jobs some places and worse jobs elsewhere. Just this endless black and white good manager/poor manager labelling. Why you'd care what a manager does before or after saints I don't know.

Where exactly has my opinion changed?

I’ve always been consistent that I’ve considered Puel a very good manager and Silva an overrated one.

We are in a battle - we'll see tomorrow if the Utd game was a one off. We have to be positive.

LOL at the Marco Silva fanboys. Greatly overrated manager and his teams are just as dull as Puel/Pellegrino - while he would be better than Pellegrino not convinced he is better than Puel. I think it highly likely that Watford will continue to slide down the table.

We really need 3 points tomorrow - anything less than that and Pellegrino has to go. 1 win in 11 is not acceptable with the squad we have.

Biggest problem so far is nobody is buried yet, which is fairly unusual.

A win tomorrow would be massive but anyone who wins back to back games would hugely improve their situation.

Also most of the sides who have changed Manager have seen a positive impact, which is also quite unusual.

Will be a tense second half of the season and probably 8 teams will be able to be relegated going into the last month of the season, Saints included as we have wasted too many points at home.