Results 1 to 41 of 41

Thread: Puel sacked

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Devon
    Posts
    382

    Default Puel sacked

    As thread title. No great surprises after the recent form particularly at home.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm pretty sure he would have gone earlier had it not been for that terrible helicopter tragedy Leicester suffered

  3. #3

    Default

    Bang average with no personality. Manages to get his team up for big matches but everything else he struggles with.

  4. Default

    It takes a special effort to get sacked ahead of Silva.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,179

    Default

    Will be interesting to see how they do now. Probably only one, maybe two wins away from safety, so pretty easy decision to make. Winning the league has effectively set expectation levels high, probably too high.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Default

    I found out the best way possible, via the Alan Curbishley "Alan's Available" twitter feed.

    Got to be the end of Puel in England, surely to god?

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Will be interesting to see how they do now. Probably only one, maybe two wins away from safety, so pretty easy decision to make. Winning the league has effectively set expectation levels high, probably too high.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    They tend to do well don't they?

    Shakespeare even got a load of wins in his early run of games.

  8. #8

    Default

    Calling Brendon Rodgers

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,331

    Default

    Why on Earth have they sacked a genuine world class manager?

    Madness lol

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Was NI now Shropshire..!
    Posts
    8,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    They tend to do well don't they?

    Shakespeare even got a load of wins in his early run of games.
    Yeah they could well do. There's no chance they will go down, I just wonder what targets were set and expected to make them sack him now.

    Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Micky; 24-02-2019 at 09:57 AM.

  11. Default

    A real shame for all the talented English youngsters he’s brought through at Leicester, be interesting to see which Championship sides they get loaned out to next year

  12. #12

    Default

    Probably suit Neil Lennon as he played for them or Nigel Pearson whose team it was won the league for them before his untimely sacking for Claudio to take all the glory

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IOWSaintDaz View Post
    Probably suit Neil Lennon as he played for them or Nigel Pearson whose team it was won the league for them before his untimely sacking for Claudio to take all the glory
    That's ridiculous against Ranieri- he won the league, not Pearson, who has achieved nothing since.

    Neil Lennon would be ideal if we want a little more competition in the relegation zone.

  14. #14

    Default

    Watch Leicester crumble now, just like we did.
    Posters here will probably say that Leicester rot started with Puel.

  15. #15

    Default

    Id be amazed at anyone other than Rodgers. Now they're out of Europe and the league is pretty much won his work there is done. sure, he'll probably stay for the annual trophy parade but Leicester aren't going down and are out of both cups so can live with a caretaker until Brendan Has had a polite couple of glasses at the party.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    Watch Leicester crumble now, just like we did.
    Posters here will probably say that Leicester rot started with Puel.
    Leicester are crumbling.

  17. #17

    Default

    As long as we don't have to listen to him talk about it.
    Puel World - dull football followed by dull interviews.

  18. #18

    Default

    Tony Cottee suggesting Redknapp as an interim.
    Please.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    6,861

    Default

    Is it LD on here that still thinks he's world class?

  20. #20

    Default

    Really?

    Didn't know they were toe to toe with us with this relegation battle

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rallyboy View Post
    As long as we don't have to listen to him talk about it.
    Puel World - dull football followed by dull interviews.
    I got to use the phrase "Interesting possibilities" the other day. Didn't even do it on purpose. Genuinely made my day. I lead a boring life.

  22. Default

    960 thanks Puel lol


  23. Default

    In some ways disappointed as they were in free fall

    This will unite players and fans again and they will survive no problem now

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broadwindsor, Dorset
    Posts
    1,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Tony Cottee suggesting Redknapp as an interim.
    Please.
    That Cottee boy knows what's what.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broadwindsor, Dorset
    Posts
    1,905

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Tony Cottee suggesting Redknapp as an interim.
    Please.
    That Cottee boy knows what's what.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    In some ways disappointed as they were in free fall

    This will unite players and fans again and they will survive no problem now
    They'd have survived regardless. They could appoint Pellegrino and still comfortably stay up.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,562
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    Tony Cottee suggesting Redknapp as an interim.
    Please.
    Perhaps they will go for Hughes, he is available I understand.

  28. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Is it LD on here that still thinks he's world class?
    The Puel "world class" fan club was headed by Pamplemousse

    Supporting cast was Lord Duckhunter, Always_sfc, OldNick, Jonnyboy and OttawaSaint

    Spare a thought for these boys today....

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Puel "world class" fan club was headed by Pamplemousse

    Supporting cast was Lord Duckhunter, Always_sfc, OldNick, Jonnyboy and OttawaSaint

    Spare a thought for these boys today....
    were they same group that believe(d) Jack Stephens was/is better than Harry Maguire?

  30. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    were they same group that believe(d) Jack Stephens was/is better than Harry Maguire?
    Bless em. They are so hell-bent on proving me wrong they keep backing the wrong horses.


    It's been a difficult few seasons for them



  31. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    28,331

    Default

    Christ, do broadcasting companies pay Cottee for his opinions ??

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    were they same group that believe(d) Jack Stephens was/is better than Harry Maguire?
    Surely no one has ever said that?

  33. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Instant Classic View Post
    Surely no one has ever said that?
    Surely >> https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthre...24#post2482824

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    5,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wow :O

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gotham city
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saintwbu View Post
    A real shame for all the talented English youngsters hes brought through at Leicester, be interesting to see which Championship sides they get loaned out to next year
    Probably get loaned to us

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

  36. #36

    Default

    Puel was a poor choice as Manager for both Leicester and us

    Difference is Leicester have a better squad than us and, with a better Manager, will be OK

  37. Default

    Will make Match of the day more tolerable.

  38. Default

    Looks like Brendan Rodgers to replace - big upgrade

    Fair play Leicester

  39. #39

    Default

    Slightly odd how upset Celtic fans are getting.

    Quite frankly I was amazed he stayed on for a third season as he has already done as much as he could ever do there.

    Leicester is a massive step up form Celtic these days - bear in mind their last three managers have immediately moved to Middlesbrough, Bolton and some nothing team in Norway.

    Genuinely I think they should be grateful and they should wish him well. Their next boss won't be anywhere near the profile of Rodgers.

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like Brendan Rodgers to replace - big upgrade

    Fair play Leicester
    Did you call it early and make a tidy sum?

  41. #41

    Default

    Mark my words, Brendan Rodgers is going to be a massive flop at Leicester and wish he never left Celtic.

    Yea yeah, forget the money incentive, that reputation will Take a battering.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •