Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

WaitingForYou!

Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Gotta laugh at the Sc@mmers. It's ok for them to be bank rolled by someone, but it wasn't ok for us when we won the FA cup... £4m they spent in their first season in League 1. Now how is that a fair playing field??

Still trying to get my head round this!!!! Crazy ****ers!!!!

Now it's a rule...............

YoureHavingaLaugh

Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM

GLT you just don't get it. Boy you s(ummers are thick. There are rules in football. [b ][b]One is if you are unable to pay your taxes you simply go into admin and get punished with a 10 point [/b]penalty.[/b] That is how important the Football League see not paying your taxes is. i.e. not very. So you are trying to blow this out of proportion. If you don't like the rules compain to the Football League or try another sport. Now jog on.

I overestimated the intelligence of some of them. I'm genuinely quite surprised there are still some who can't grasp it. I take no joy in that as a rival, I just find it depressing for humanity.

Attacking any club who have spent money, any club with debts, seeking anyone else to blame, it's become embarrassingly pathetic. Suddenly Saints having a rich owner in L1 is no different? Villa being in debt? Nevermind the paying wages and tax. Nevermind trying to deal with financial problems, or every other club ever in admin cutting their costs considerably. PFC are different, they need a proper side right.

This admin came about because they learnt NOTHING from the last one. Cheated once, and chose to drag it on and on. If they'd signed no-one, rather than 17k a week imports, released players, sold them on and got by with what they could afford, they'd be in a stronger position now. 'What you can afford' is the key point. Under Liebherr, Saints could afford more than the opposition. At PFC, they spent when they couldn't afford. Saints did this under Wilde, it was stupid, albeit a lesser extent, but most can see it was stupid, admit it, wish it hadn't happened but accept the punishment and move on. Given that PFC did it on an infinitely larger scale, other many more years and then repeated it time and again, can we not just have 1 or 2 fans show a hint of intelligence on the subject?

Intelligence, humility and perspective.

Three qualities you will not find on Portsea island.

Now it's a rule...............

YoureHavingaLaugh

Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM

GLT you just don't get it. Boy you s(ummers are thick. There are rules in football. [b ][b]One is if you are unable to pay your taxes you simply go into admin and get punished with a 10 point [/b]penalty.[/b] That is how important the Football League see not paying your taxes is. i.e. not very. So you are trying to blow this out of proportion. If you don't like the rules compain to the Football League or try another sport. Now jog on.

Oh I just love that UNABLE really! Its not like they were unable is it, they simply chose not to pay their taxes & instead chose to spend the tax money on expensive players on ridiculous wages that they couldn't afford.

Some of you forget that portsmouth has the 6th lowest level of educational attainment in the country (secondary school children achieving five or more GCSEs at grades A*-C, including English and mathematics). Be nice now.

Anything from the supporters meeting with TB? Started at 12.30pm
from poopey online , Will be getting the train over to Pompey soon. As mentioned, I'll update via Twitter as soon as the meeting is done, and I'll be taking notes to update fuller on here later on

I've been trying to work out where their catchment area is to get to 8 million - you just about get there including all of the counties below -but in my experience, east of Emsworth, north of Havant and west of Gosport, the number of Skates per 100 head of population drops below recordable levels. (Perhaps it was some calculation based on the 200k that turned out on Southsea common that day....)

Hampshire 1,743,700

West Sussex 799,800

Dorset 714,900

Isle of Wight 140,500

Surrey 1,127,300

Berkshire 865,100

East Sussex 774,400

Wiltshire 661,600

Edited by sidthesquid
Skate level grammar

Right. But why?

They are not going to get anything so they do not want to look evil in the eyes of the phew(bit late) so they are putting as much spin as a Saqlain dooshra to paint themselves White and Birch the Darth Vader...methinks

I've been trying to work out where their catchment area is to get to 8 million

There's currently no premier league team in the south outside of London, so there is a potentially large additional audience (outside of existing local supporters) for any team who make it to the top level (but 8mil is over estimating that by a long way), but Pompey are easily in 4th place in the race to get there behind us, Reading and Brighton. You could also say that Swindon and the Bristol sides have more chance in the medium term of making the top end of the championship than Our Friends to the East.

4 minutes ago from notarf krap

Bill Gillon @PompeyScot Interesting and passionate meeting. Chainrai bid on the way?

Hahaha, surely the FL will, having listened to the blue phew who complained bitterly that Chinny met the FAPPT the last time, turn him down this time and watch them flushed down the plug hole.

Lawyer's letter re. debenture has been sent to Chainrai, now awaiting reply.

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

2m

Bill Gillon‏@PompeyScot

Birch trying to contact Gaydamak but is having no luck, no replies from SG's side.

Expand

5m

Bill Gillon‏@PompeyScot

We have until at least mid-April, but that could be extended depending on potential monies to be discussed next week.

Expand

29m

Bill Gillon‏@PompeyScot

Interesting and passionate meeting. Chainrai bid on the way?

Matty C

Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Ok, spoke to a couple of very well placed people and have found out the company of the guy with the money is registered at the South African equivalent of companies house as Realties Mitts Corporation. That's about all I have at the moment but I am sourcing more info as we speak. Been told he's a serious guy and could even be news over the weekend. Be glad to get it sorted, these last few days have been one long anagram. PUP PTID

Here we go again! Or is the clue in the enlarged word.

Realties Mitts is an anagram of Matt Le Tissier!!

Realties Mitts is an anagram of Matt Le Tissier!!

FFS Well done that man.:smug: Have been trying to come up with something sensible using the anagram reference but couldn't make anything relevant. Great spot .

So is it a big wind-up or just an amazing coincidence ?

I've been trying to work out where their catchment area is to get to 8 million - you just about get there including all of the counties below -but in my experience, east of Emsworth, north of Havant and west of Gosport, the number of Skates per 100 head of population drops below recordable levels. (Perhaps it was some calculation based on the 200k that turned out on Southsea common that day....)

Hampshire 1,743,700

West Sussex 799,800

Dorset 714,900

Isle of Wight 140,500

Surrey 1,127,300

Berkshire 865,100

East Sussex 774,400

Wiltshire 661,600

I think you are all forgetting the catchment area to the south!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})