Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Alex Goring Crook‏@alex_crook

(National newspaper journalist, Soccer Saturday commentator and reporter for Road to London and World of Football TV shows)

Spoken to potential new #pompey owner and he says the club are no longer a viable purchase due to lack of parachute payments and wage bill

Says any owner would have to stump up £11m pounds just to cover wages of #pompey players contracted next season

Also says administrator's comments yesterday may put off buyers as they may not have time to carry out due diligence before #Pompey fold

Would not be fair to name him but he has experience of running clubs at highest level and has been monitoring the #pompey situation 4 2 yrs. British.

Needs to be someone who loves the club and willing to lose a lot of money

Due Diligence on that mob would take 5 fukcing years

I asked before but did not get an answer. If pompey go phut before the parachute payments are made will there be any money to forward to gady? Surely once they are liquidated the PL will stop paying?
It's a good point. Gadaymak and Chanrai need to make a few big decisions on whether it is worth the costs and hassle of keeping them going in order to get future moneis out of the Skates. Then there is the point of whether they would be allowed to get back involved running the club at all and how much they'll get back if they keep the club going for another year or so.

From Harry's press conference on sky sports, when asked about Pompey...

"I know who I'd like to see buy it"

When pushed about who he says...

"I can't say but I'm sure something will happen

I remember 'arry gobbing off when baloo and csi were getting into bed too.

"Never in the History of British Football, has so Phew owed so much to so many"

I like this, I like this alot!

Alex Goring Crook‏@alex_crook

(National newspaper journalist, Soccer Saturday commentator and reporter for Road to London and World of Football TV shows)

Spoken to potential new #pompey owner and he says the club are no longer a viable purchase due to lack of parachute payments and wage bill

Says any owner would have to stump up £11m pounds just to cover wages of #pompey players contracted next season

Also says administrator's comments yesterday may put off buyers as they may not have time to carry out due diligence before #Pompey fold

Would not be fair to name him but he has experience of running clubs at highest level and has been monitoring the #pompey situation 4 2 yrs. British.

needs to be someone who loves the club and willing to lose a lot of money

David Dein? His name has been touted before, not sure why he would go to poopey - the figures just do not add up.

This is the problem for pompey and why moneyfields is the only realistic option. So you buy pompey for £30 odd million and write off the unsecured debts in a 5 year CVA at around £4-5m. You then have the priviledge of paying for a quality over quantity first team squad at the additional cost of £11 million for the first year and probably reasonably close to that the year after (after last summers russian spree).

And what do you get for your £50 odd million?..:

A badge

A CWAB

Thats it, lock stock and barrell.

You inherit other negative aspects too, Chinny owning the ground who could place big rent costs on you, and you have to pay Gadymack £6k each and every week to use his carpark.

The brand is stained beyond repair, multiple court appearances, local, national and international media outlets reporting negative stories on a daily basis.

There is also the issue that the club wont get anywhere near breaking even with the paultry crowds. AA had worked out 14,000 were needed to B/E with a £10m wage bill IIRC with thesupport of parachute.

You also will be renting an arena which is falling apart, scrapes through its health and safety, has no toilets, no hot water, fat in the pipes, no corporate seats.

No training ground, no academy, and to really top it off; you have TCWTB and about 300 others who have season tickets for life... those 300 STs is a fair old whack of money each and every year - it would go half way to paying Gadymack for his car park!

Sorry to repeat all that again, but the figures still dont stack up.

Love it.

5162-yes_magic_happen_fratton_park.jpg

Good point. Would either of these individuals still pass as fit and proper?

Had a little thought earlier on, after android has said chinny will come back in and take charge....... That they fail chinny second time round. Now that would be funny

It's a good point. Gadaymak and Chanrai need to make a few big decisions on whether it is worth the costs and hassle of keeping them going in order to get future moneis out of the Skates. Then there is the point of whether they would be allowed to get back involved running the club at all and how much they'll get back if they keep the club going for another year or so.

Assuming Birch's comments that you'd need £11m just to satisfy next season's wage bill are correct, then automatically the answer is "no, it's not worth the cost or hassle". There are £14m of parachute payments outstanding, of which at least half are already set aside for football creditors, which only leaves (at the most) £7m to play with. If they're seriously considering chucking in £11m to get £7m out, they're in the wrong business, I suspect.

Holepuncture, I nearly vomited into my glass of water when I saw that picture. Please refrain from posting any images of that c*nt ever again.

Many thanks,

SuperMikey esq.

Wasn't there a saints equivalent in the days of S4E done as a ****take?

A lot of our esteemed posters are assuming they will get a CVA this time round, I'm thinking they definitely won't. So if they're not liquidated (my belief for the last million years it seems), then they will get a sh1t load of points, and possibly after the cut of date as well. So it could be relegation, with -1 zillion next season.

Liam Lawrence loaned to Cardiff until the end of the season.

We could really end up stuffing them quite convincingly at SMS if they keep off loading what little talent they have. Fingers crossed they have a bunch of kids out against us in that game.

Liam Lawrence loaned to Cardiff until the end of the season.

sutton88pompeytilidie

Friday, March 2, 2012 at 05:21 PM

Just seen liam Lawrence is off to Cardiff, see who appy gets in gotta be a better player surely!!! Fancy a sneaky win tomorrow PUP

:facepalm:

from 3 days ago

"Liam Lawrence underlined his commitment to the Pompey cause and said: I won’t walk out on this club. The influential Blues skipper rallied the troops last week and even turned his hand to working in Pompey’s ticket office to help get more fans to Fratton Park.

And, despite being one of the club’s top earners, Lawrence has shrugged off any talk of following Erik Huseklepp out of the Blues on loan and insists he is determined to help Pompey beat their latest brush with disaster.

Lawrence said: ‘I came to this club to try to help it get up the league and get back in the Premier League – that’s why I’ve stayed."

Obviously did not do a good enough job of selling tickets!

Assuming Birch's comments that you'd need £11m just to satisfy next season's wage bill are correct, then automatically the answer is "no, it's not worth the cost or hassle". There are £14m of parachute payments outstanding, of which at least half are already set aside for football creditors, which only leaves (at the most) £7m to play with. If they're seriously considering chucking in £11m to get £7m out, they're in the wrong business, I suspect.
But is it really £11million? Yes they've got players on over-inflated contracts but its far from impossible to shift them on over the summer one way or another. Then you have to take into consideration they do have some other income apart from the parachute payments. Still a bleak picture, but I'd be surprised if they aren't at least taking a look at the figures to see what they can wrangle.

There is no way Cardiff will be paying his full wages.

Blues administrator Trevor Birch said: “It’s very tough to lose Liam but the club is in a grave situation and we have to do everything we can to stay afloat.

‘We are receiving a loan fee from Cardiff, who are paying Liam all his wages, so it’s a deal that is going to make a significant difference to us over the coming weeks.’

There is no way Cardiff will be paying his full wages.

seems a bit weird .... Huseklepp going to Brum and Lawrence going to Cardiff ..... I thought both these clubs were also on the brink of bankruptcy .... where are they suddenly finding shed loads of cash to pay these 2's wages?

Blues administrator Trevor Birch said: “It’s very tough to lose Liam but the club is in a grave situation and we have to do everything we can to stay afloat.

‘We are receiving a loan fee from Cardiff, who are paying Liam all his wages, so it’s a deal that is going to make a significant difference to us over the coming weeks.’

Who the f**k at Cardiff negotiated that deal? Rubbish.

Lol at them loaning them out to all our immediate rivals. One last gasp attempt to try and get one over us.

I see this as a bonus for us. We've played Cardiff twice already, and are 9 points ahead of them in the table (same number of games played, too).

They have yet to play Birmingham & Middlesbrough... oh, and the small matter of West Ham on Sunday. If he can help them get points against that lot (particularly WHU), then it's a great move for us :)

Ok 2 stupid tweets....

Sarah Stone ‏ @sjs1956

Wenger and Odemwingie win awards - expect to see Appy included #pompey bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footba…

Apparently Appleton will be included in the Championship manager of the month award....

Dino ‏ @Pompeyboy66

WTF is going on!... "@FCPortsmouth: Liam lawrence has gone to cardiff on loan #gutted #pompey #PackThePark"

And this guy just doesnt know whats going on lol

I love reading tweets from that lot :lol:

Ssn just said this fella is in talks with the administrator, sorry if already posted.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Howe_(singer)

Dr Octopus he has been in talks for weeks with them. As someone posted the other day he is the Pinnacle

of the takeover - he lost his money man yesterday.

He has already admitted he doesnt have enough to takeover

Dr Octopus he has been in talks for weeks with them. As someone posted the other day he is the Pinnacle

of the takeover - he lost his money man yesterday.

He has already admitted he doesnt have enough to takeover

My bad, I had just woke from a nap but it was reported as though it was news just in. Must of missed it on the thread. Thanks.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})