Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The blue few are reporting that birch has to go back to court to update them (IS this right???) on the administration on the 9th March and that they are expecting him to request formal liquidation on that day.

Where's Clapham...... Is that how these things work?

Do I need to get the street bunting ready........

Reading this thread reminds my why I LOVE Markus Liebherr... we really, really got lucky there in a way the Skates can only wish for in their evening prayers...

we were very lucky to get markus but at the end of the day it was the stadium, training ground etc that made buying us such a great deal @£14m, that lot down the road don't have a pot to p1ss in. they can pray all they like but it wont do any good..

Blues administrator Trevor Birch said: “It’s very tough to lose Liam but the club is in a grave situation and we have to do everything we can to stay afloat.

‘We are receiving a loan fee from Cardiff, who are paying Liam all his wages, so it’s a deal that is going to make a significant difference to us over the coming weeks.’

Interesting as that's not how loan wages work. PFC still pay his wages, and Cardiff will be paying PFC...

we were very lucky to get markus but at the end of the day it was the stadium, training ground etc that made buying us such a great deal @£14m, that lot down the road don't have a pot to p1ss in. they can pray all they like but it wont do any good..

It is at this point that we also should say a word or two of thanks to a certain Rupert Lowe who put it all into place before everything went pie shaped. The sad thing was his choice of the people he put in place to realise the football side of things.

Adam Emberson ‏ @FroggyPFC

#pompey re:Lawrence.Not sure how getting rid of his 20k and Eriks 17k is going to help us survive that long?its only just over 100k a month.

They would much prefer to keep all the high earners and go out of business much sooner.....I like it :lol:

So they gave Huseklepp a 17k a week contract at the start of this season.... Nice one Lampitt.

But is it really £11million? Yes they've got players on over-inflated contracts but its far from impossible to shift them on over the summer one way or another. Then you have to take into consideration they do have some other income apart from the parachute payments. Still a bleak picture, but I'd be surprised if they aren't at least taking a look at the figures to see what they can wrangle.

A fair point, you would certainly expect them to be able to move on some of the higher earners in the summer, even if it meant them subsidising the wages to the tune of a few thousand pounds a week. However, there's no guarantee they will be able to do that, and at this stage they have contractual obligations to pay that money so the prudent approach is to take the worst-case scenario.

Their matchday income is pretty low (around £6-7m), and their broadcasting revenue's going to be reduced next season regardless of which division they're in as the new Sky deal for the Football League kicks in, which is a 25% reduction on the current deal. In the Championship, they get around £4m for this season's broadcasting rights, but next season that'll be reduced to around £3m, so another £1m that needs covering. If they go down to League One, they'd be getting about £700k, so they'd need to find another £3.3m from somewhere to cover that shortfall.

Also, while most of their parachute payments since relegation will have gone to football creditors, not all of it will have done. They were due to receive £16m per year for the first two years and then £8m a year for the next two. We're in the middle of that four-year period now, so the revenue drops by another £8m, and of course we now know that they're not going to see a great deal of the money that's still outstanding there.

All sounds feasible, but I can't see Ward coming here.

Great shout Steve. I've thought Ward would be a great recruitment for a while and been following him on Twitter. Loves the Skates but a good player and would be a class signing for Saints.

Why would they care? If they're liquidated and released, they get a signing on fee elsewhere to compensate them.
Because they're not getting paid their full whack at the moment, which they probably don't mind waiting for if they've got a CVA coming up, but no good if they're liquidated.

Obviously there was an element of luck in what happened but, to coin the old golfing adage, we went a long way to create our own luck in that our infrastructure and relatively low debt made us an attractive proposition to the right buyer. (A small ripple of applause there to a certain ex-chairman....)

So, I don't accept a black and white analysis of "lucky" vs "unlucky" when comparing us with Pompey.

Been a strange few days.

To see what you have sensed would be likely to happen for so long start to appear before your own eyes is a bit of a shock.

But not as shocking to discover that not only is a PTS stalwart now stalking celebs, he's also now not only mentioning but actually QUOTING Golf.

So. time for a reality check.

Dear uber googlers, go find the L1 table

Then list the clubs by Stadium Capacity

Then list them by %age of capacity filled

Then, if you want to be precise then do a quick summary of their Infrastructure and the value of their playing squads.

My bet?

Someone in the top 10 in L1 will tick a lot of those boxes. Give their Chairman a quick call and ask them what percentage of their club you could buy for

Let's start with 11mil shall we?

Then, if it's a decent stadium (say Brammal lane or Hillsborough) maybe you could say 11mil for the Chairman and then 10 mil to invest in the team.

Actually, why bother with L1?

Just give Coventry a quick call

It would save you at least 10mil on the cost of saving the phew

The blue few are reporting that birch has to go back to court to update them (IS this right???) on the administration on the 9th March and that they are expecting him to request formal liquidation on that day.

Damn I was hoping for 7th March as it's my birthday

I'm warming up Emma Bunting as we speak...

It seems they might get lucky yet... Matty C is one of the regular posters on the News...

Matty C - Friday, March 2, 2012 at 07:30 PM Have it on good authority that a South African diamond mogul is looking to wipe out the debt and pump in 25M straight away. Could be saved after all. Need to make some calls and update later. PUP PTID

:rolleyes:

Matty C, the guy who wound up the Cherries fans, and then us Saints during our Administration???!!!

Surely every one knows how many false investors appear on the horizon and get posted on fans forums. The genuine investors like Marcus Liebherr only appear when a deal is about to be finalised.

On Twitter at the moment some Saints fans are trying to get Save ElClassicCoast trending. The view being however much we hate Pompey we would not be the same without the rivalry.

I have become convinced we'd be better off without that stupid rivalry.

Holepuncture...... Gaydamak gets his money and chinny gets nothing, I imagine that sounds pretty good to daddy gaydamak

On Twitter at the moment some Saints fans are trying to get Save ElClassicCoast trending. The view being however much we hate Pompey we would not be the same without the rivalry.

F""k them. We are not defined by our rivalry. We are Saints. Alone as the biggest team in the South.

It's worth pointing out that Saints vs that lot has been called El Classicoast for a grand total of one occasion, this season. That name is as much made up media b* ll ocks as the idea that Portsmouth is some hotbed of mad-passionate ultra loyal megafans.

Mr Dwyer (@daveydwyer)

3/2/12 7:04 PM

To the amazing #saintsfc fan who donated a ticket for tomorrows #pompey, thank you. I wouldn't have afforded it otherwise. Forever grateful.

We wanted to give a Pompey fan 90 minutes of suffering. It was either this of tickets to see the new Amanda Seyfries movie. This was much easier to get tickets for.

As much as I enjoy the rivalry, in the words of Paul Weller and the Jam: "You've made your bed, you better lie in it". The next line in that song is also quite applicable "You choose your leaders, and place your trust, as the lies put you down and their promises rust".

If the worst happens, maybe they ought to ask if they should have turned up to Fratton when they were needed to raise cash, and not just when AC Milan were in town. One moron with a bell and a drum does not make a set of good supporters.

In slightly related news....

Former energy secretary Chris Huhne has hired Harry Redknapp's legal team to fight allegations of perverting the course of justice.

He is going to have to do a good job to get the judge to say "this is an honest man/mp " and we should believe thier story neither were driving, it was cat Tibbles.

It's worth pointing out that Saints vs that lot has been called El Classicoast for a grand total of one occasion, this season. That name is as much made up media b* ll ocks as the idea that Portsmouth is some hotbed of mad-passionate ultra loyal megafans.
Exactly. And who the f**k tries to get things 'trending'?

In slightly related news....

Former energy secretary Chris Huhne has hired Harry Redknapp's legal team to fight allegations of perverting the course of justice.

Is he goinhg to use the same line of defence....i've got the writing age of a 2 year old, have never written a letter in my life and can't work computers, send an email or even a text message?

Bless, even their 11 year old's are posting on the Snooze now!

lew11

Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

button-phil-thanx for support,i alsi implore every like minded fan to support an immediate condition based sos pompey fund.as said lets save the old girl if we can,furthermore,inspite of what some sad southampton supporters think,the whole country is behind us,the football league know we are innocent hence the low 10 point admin penalty.the whole country is rooting for our survival,realising it could have equally happened to them.so.we fight on and on and on and we dont give up

It seems they might get lucky yet... Matty C is one of the regular posters on the News...

Matty C - Friday, March 2, 2012 at 07:30 PM Have it on good authority that a South African diamond mogul is looking to wipe out the debt and pump in 25M straight away. Could be saved after all. Need to make some calls and update later. PUP PTID

:rolleyes:

Matty C

Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Ok, spoke to a couple of very well placed people and have found out the company of the guy with the money is registered at the South African equivalent of companies house as Realties Mitts Corporation. That's about all I have at the moment but I am sourcing more info as we speak. Been told he's a serious guy and could even be news over the weekend. Be glad to get it sorted, these last few days have been one long anagram. PUP PTID

Here we go again! Or is the clue in the enlarged word.

Edited by Gingeletiss

Bless, even their 11 year old's are posting on the Snooze now!

lew11

Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

button-phil-thanx for support,i alsi implore every like minded fan to support an immediate condition based sos pompey fund.as said lets save the old girl if we can,furthermore,inspite of what some sad southampton supporters think,the whole country is behind us,the football league know we are innocent hence the low 10 point admin penalty.the whole country is rooting for our survival,realising it could have equally happened to them.so.we fight on and on and on and we dont give up

How can you tell whether '11' is his age or IQ...? ;-)

Matty C

Saturday, March 3, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Ok, spoke to a couple of very well placed people and have found out the company of the guy with the money is registered at the South African equivalent of companies house as Realties Mitts Corporation. That's about all I have at the moment but I am sourcing more info as we speak. Been told he's a serious guy and could even be news over the weekend. Be glad to get it sorted, these last few days have been one long anagram. PUP PTID

Here we go again! Or is the clue in the enlarged word.

That company doesn't exist on the companies house search index.

Anagram? Hmmmm....I've got the word 'tinpot' so far....working on the rest... ;-)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})