Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I've had a bit of a look at the Snooze today and noticed some of the few saying the following "Its all the scummers can do is point to them having bigger attendences than us, so what?" I really do wish someone would point out to them that the higher the gate number, the more money they make; not just on tickets but incidentals too such as programmes, merch etc so when we mention or attendences we're pointing to one tangible thing that might prove some difference between make or brake....bleedin idiots; don't they realise it's not enough anymore just to say "we're the loudest and proudest"? what's loud eh? does it have a monetary value? no....fools.

Isn't it about time someone updated the "Portsmouth FC Stadium Plans" section of the city's Wikipedia entry?

Particularly love the under-statement in the last sentence...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth

Portsmouth F.C. Stadium plans

In April 2007 Portsmouth F.C. announced plans to move away from Fratton Park, their home for 109 years, to a new stadium situated on a piece of reclaimed land on The Hard beside the Historic Dockyard. The £600 million mixed use development, designed by world-renowned architects Herzog & de Meuron, would also include 1,500 harbourside apartments as well as shops and offices.

The scheme has attracted considerable criticism due to its huge size and location.[116][117] It also involves moving HMS Warrior from her current permanent mooring. The HMS Warrior trust is refusing to move. In Autumn 2007 Portsmouth's local paper 'The News' published that the plans had been turned down as the supercarriers to be situated in Portsmouth dockyard sight lines would be blocked.

In answer to the Navy's objections regarding the supercarriers, Portsmouth FC have planned a similar stadium in Horsea Island near Port Solent. If this plan ever goes ahead, it will involve building a 36,000 seat stadium and around 1,500 apartments as single standing structures, not around the stadium as had been previously proposed. Yet the new plan also involves improving and saving land for the Royal Navy's diver training centre by the proposed site and buying a fair amount of land from the UK Ministry of Defence.[118]

A new £7 million railway station is to be built at Paulsgrove in Racecourse Lane near the site where there was originally a station. Along with these new roads towards the stadium, it has been proposed to build a new bridge from Tipner alongside the motorway[119] for people walking to the stadium. Park and Ride schemes would also be introduced. The development would have a link road to the Port Solent area which would neighbour the new stadium.

If the new proposals are accepted, the club's previous stadium site at Fratton Park would also be redeveloped once the new stadium is completed. Make Architects has been commissioned to draw up designs for 750 new apartments on the site.

Due to the overall economic climate and other factors, plans are currently on hold.

Edited by trousers

I'm sure they would say argue it's "quality over quantity". Works every time... :)

But again, doesn't less people equate to less council tax for the PCC therefore them supposedly having less...this can be seen with things like cuts to the QA in a lot of ways similar to my arguement above....s'all about money.

This thread has run into god knows how many pages, has contained as many twists and turns as an Agatha Christie tale, but still continues to surprise and shock me. It's done the same again this afternoon. Posters saying that Westwood seems a decent bloke away from football, surely this is the most far fethched part of the whole saga.

Just been on POL to fill up my lunch break. Don't know why i do it its probably the most boring messageboard in the world. I reregistered with the email address lambert7@hushmail.com and they don't seem to have picked up on it.. this after they banned me for 6 years for questioning automatic bans for 'scummers' under my previous guise, linvoy85.

Anyway, the muppets on there reckon that The Sun printed an article yesterday that the highest league Plan B will be allowed to start in will be the Wessex League

Well done, it's not like anyone from POL reads this is it................

bear in mind I met Mr W when he was sober and with no posse, that might have a bearing on how sensible he is at any given time...

If we're happy that the league has closed all avenues to legal action or pressure then it works for me.

I just feared that with so many clubs likely to see their circumstances change that the pressure of member clubs could lead to internal pressure to see them dragged to the last weekend against all odds, if not court action.

Back to the big question then - how the feck are they going to make it to the last day of the season??

Chanrai must be the only game in town, with AA ready to step in and throttle the last ounce of life out of his CVA.

I can only see a bleak and dramatically short future for the pluckiest bestest supported club in the world.

Went past Fratton Park just now - no sign of the mobility scooter, most disappointed.

That brought a smile and a memory flooding back....

To the heady days of S4E.....

And the meetings with Wilde & Crouch as the gallant heroes tried to solve the problems all by themselves

Sleep well Stl et al.

Notice the poopey trust had the same result "learned nothing new"

But I'm sure they felt all important

LOL ! I thought that. and the meeting took place at a "secret location" wooooooh how exciting. Seems to me whatever "Trust" you belong to you have to be a pompous delusional ****.

If we're happy that the league has closed all avenues to legal action or pressure then it works for me.

I just feared that with so many clubs likely to see their circumstances change that the pressure of member clubs could lead to internal pressure to see them dragged to the last weekend against all odds, if not court action.

Thing is for most of the clubs in mid table it will make no difference. A few clubs will benefit from them staying and a few would benefit if they were liquidated. I would expect on the results front there would only be pressure on the league from a small number of clubs. There may be some general pressure for them not to be liquidated as it would show the league in a bad light but not sure if this would be strong enough to make the league act to save pompey.

I think (sadly) we are painting a slightly bleaker picture than in truth exists.... I think they will saty up, survive and avoid any further sanctions... whether through chinney or if not by having their debt burden reduced to a managable amount within the CVA - Birch seems to have gone quieter on the validity of Chinny's debenture, which suggests Chinney and CSI are back in the driving seat re any CVA and there is feck all HMRC or BT can do about it - Birch does not want to loose face, but seems Chinney is the opnly option - which means he gets a CVA through giving everyone else about 4p in the £1 which is perfect as it reduces some 18mil of previous CVA and HMRC debt to arround 4.5 mil, and with around 3-4 years to pay it so covered as always by the parachute payments remaining - fund teh club to the tune of a couple of mil to seasons end, sell off players in the summer and have teh club in a beter position so that he can scoop a fair few mil if the club is sold - AA an chinney are way ahead of us - just that Birch being appointed just delayed their plans ... IMHO naturally. TDCSBs will get away with it yet again - -10 points is no punishment.

Birch has just finished a lunch meeting at Claridges with a potential owner and his representatives. I should find out later in the week how it went. If I was a Pompey fan, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think it is more of the "famous ex-footballer plus a nice Jewish boy from London", than Roman Abramovich....

I think (sadly) we are painting a slightly bleaker picture than in truth exists.... I think they will saty up' date=' survive and avoid any further sanctions... whether through chinney or if not by having their debt burden reduced to a managable amount within the CVA - Birch seems to have gone quieter on the validity of Chinny's debenture, which suggests Chinney and CSI are back in the driving seat re any CVA and there is feck all HMRC or BT can do about it - Birch does not want to loose face, but seems Chinney is the opnly option - which means he gets a CVA through giving everyone else about 4p in the £1 which is perfect as it reduces some 18mil of previous CVA and HMRC debt to arround 4.5 mil, and with around 3-4 years to pay it so covered as always by the parachute payments remaining - fund teh club to the tune of a couple of mil to seasons end, sell off players in the summer and have teh club in a beter position so that he can scoop a fair few mil if the club is sold - AA an chinney are way ahead of us - just that Birch being appointed just delayed their plans ... IMHO naturally. TDCSBs will get away with it yet again - -10 points is no punishment.[/quote']

In your scenario where do they get the money to both carry on to the end of the season and pay their high earners next season?

Just been on POL to fill up my lunch break. Don't know why i do it its probably the most boring messageboard in the world. I reregistered with the email address lambert7@hushmail.com and they don't seem to have picked up on it.. this after they banned me for 6 years for questioning automatic bans for 'scummers' under my previous guise, linvoy85.

Anyway, the muppets on there reckon that The Sun printed an article yesterday that the highest league Plan B will be allowed to start in will be the Wessex League

What's your username on POL, mine's tdcsok . Been on there for almost 3 years now andn one of them have sussed out who I am, and I don't expect they will, the skates on that site are fairly unintelligent.

Birch has just finished a lunch meeting at Claridges with a potential owner and his representatives. I should find out later in the week how it went. If I was a Pompey fan, I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think it is more of the "famous ex-footballer plus a nice Jewish boy from London", than Roman Abramovich....

Matt Le Tissier and Lord Sugar...................... ummmmmm

What's your username on POL, mine's tdcsok . Been on there for almost 3 years now andn one of them have sussed out who I am, and I don't expect they will, the skates on that site are fairly unintelligent.

That was stupid. Many of them read this thread on a daily basis. I myself have a couple of accounts. I have been banned three times but still standing. And now I See they have already seen it and are going to have some fun with the email address. What mongs.

I think (sadly) we are painting a slightly bleaker picture than in truth exists.... I think they will saty up' date=' survive and avoid any further sanctions... whether through chinney or if not by having their debt burden reduced to a managable amount within the CVA - Birch seems to have gone quieter on the validity of Chinny's debenture, which suggests Chinney and CSI are back in the driving seat re any CVA and there is feck all HMRC or BT can do about it - Birch does not want to loose face, but seems Chinney is the opnly option - which means he gets a CVA through giving everyone else about 4p in the £1 which is perfect as it reduces some 18mil of previous CVA and HMRC debt to arround 4.5 mil, and with around 3-4 years to pay it so covered as always by the parachute payments remaining - fund teh club to the tune of a couple of mil to seasons end, sell off players in the summer and have teh club in a beter position so that he can scoop a fair few mil if the club is sold - AA an chinney are way ahead of us - just that Birch being appointed just delayed their plans ... IMHO naturally. TDCSBs will get away with it yet again - -10 points is no punishment.[/quote']

Can Chinney influence the CVA to that extent, especially if the 'oldco' CVA is reinstated in full ? Any CVA requires 75% by value of the creditors to vote for it, I doubt that Chinny has that on his own, though he probably has enough to block an adverse proposal - however that way lies liquidation methinks.

At a very rough guess Chinny is owed £17m, CSI £10m, HMRC about £2m, 'oldco' CVA via Baker Tilley = £16m. Are there any other major unsecured creditors ? ( Given that it isn't AA cooking the figures this time ).

If the debts outway any monies due in (inc parachute payments etc), then we are not guarenteed the money!

TB says £14m still to come with football debts £7m to £10m. The parachute payments are held by the FA and paid directly to the football debtors, so the football creditors rule judgement is critical. If that is overturned then the parachute payments would go into the pot, but as there is none due until 2013, that wouldn't apply if they are liquidated..

Can Chinney influence the CVA to that extent, especially if the 'oldco' CVA is reinstated in full ? Any CVA requires 75% by value of the creditors to vote for it, I doubt that Chinny has that on his own, though he probably has enough to block an adverse proposal - however that way lies liquidation methinks.

At a very rough guess Chinny is owed £17m, CSI £10m, HMRC about £2m, 'oldco' CVA via Baker Tilley = £16m. Are there any other major unsecured creditors ? ( Given that it isn't AA cooking the figures this time ).

We still don't know if the old CVA is going to be reinstalled in full do we? I'm assuming it won't be.

Really really pathetic. What is really funny is how that bill fella claims he doesn't care about saints fans and then goes out of his way to ban them and even starts reason on this thread. Yes, he really doesn't care!

What's funny is saints fan's posting on their rivals message board and covering up their true identity !!! That's pathetic.

Your golfing mate?

What's funny is saints fan's posting on their rivals message board and covering up their true identity !!! That's pathetic.

In fairness, they don't get chance to post if they do declare themselves. Chicken/Egg etc.

You do realise that people posted quite civilly as saints fans on there until they decided to ban everyone (Steve grant included). I am interested in Portsmouth and this whole saga. Not as much as saints, but I am interested. If a saints fan identifies themselves on there they are jumped on and hounded by the brain dead posters no matter what they post. I read Pompeyonline because occasionally it is interesting to read more about this whole saga and from a rivals point of view. Also the delusion is very funny.

The fact that the admin go out of their way to find saints fans an then ban them no matter what they have actually posted is what is pathetic. Banning saints fan who troll or misbehave is entirely understandable.

yup, i just plucked some random user with less than 1000 posts and see what would happen :lol:

And if pompeylass is correct and they have banned tdcsok ... :lol: It would prove my comment about the skates on that forum being unintelligent correct :lol: :lol:

lol

Yup, I just plucked some random user with less than 1000 posts and see what would happen :lol:

And if PompeyLass is correct and they have banned tdcsok ... :lol: it would prove my comment about the skates on that forum being unintelligent correct :lol: :lol:

Lol. I hope they did.

Yup, I just plucked some random user with less than 1000 posts and see what would happen :lol:

And if PompeyLass is correct and they have banned tdcsok ... :lol: it would prove my comment about the skates on that forum being unintelligent correct :lol: :lol:

Cruel, but quite funny. Why are they so terrified of having their little bubble violated? Such dreadful paranoia.

Whats really pathetic is not covering up your true identity and still getting banned.....Something that doesnt happen on here because its actually quite funny reading some of the deluded posts from pompeys finest

If they can pick it up on the cheap they anr not likely to afford the wage contracts for next season! Good for a laugh though.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})