Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Noooooo! Surely not?

Amazing where people will turn to for the chance of some hope.

Shouldn't you be riting leters to rich peeple in yor spare tyme to make them buy your club so your bestest fans can fiddle some more points off them wot try to do things rite

Wow-wie, you're being very generous there :lol: by about 3000+ I'd say. Still, just over 1000 of the "world's bestest" made the long, arduos trek up all the way up the motorway in their hour-of-need to far-flung Reading last night. That must have been a full 2 gallons of petrol in the car.

It's based on their average attendance. I try to deal in facts to underpin the irrational hatred.

Only if they weren't playing in Scotland. When a new club seeks affiliation with a regional FA (and, as a result, the national FA), it has to provide details of its registered address and home ground. If both of those are in Scotland, there's no regional FA in England that would accept their application.

Gretna FC (before they joined the Scottish League) beg to differ.

Why the difference with Welsh based clubs?

Because welsh clubs have been part of the English League for over 100 years, there's no difference in English and Welsh law (at least there wasn't until the bloody Assembly was created in 1996, now there are some distinctly tin-pot differences) and there was no League of Wales until 1992 for half-decent clubs in Wales to play in. The Scottish League has basically been around for as long as the English one.

Also, let's not start going over welsh clubs in the English pyramid, there have been loads. Even Barry Town were in it until they jumped ship and became Barri (before bankruptcy). I'm not even sure Merthyr even still exist now, they went pop and reformed a year or two ago, I think.

Can someone explain the CVA? How are they able to write off all this debt? Does this mean other clubs can just take a points hit and write off all their debts too?

And further than that, could they go on summer spending sprees, see if it gets them promotion, then if it fails go into administration, write off the debts and start over?

Hitherto known as "The Pompey Model"...

mmmm... If wimbledon can move to milton keynes, how much more of a stretch is it from glasgow to portsmouth? Or maybe somewhere with untapped potential, celtic warrington?

i think you will find that we have an english team playing in the jockish league.

why does AA think the £16.5 CVA would probably reduce down to £10m?

Because he knows that PKF will work out the bits where he over valued things to undercut HMRC. PKF will recalcuate the debt based on more accurate figures having discounted AA's fantasy ones.

Because he knows that PKF will work out the bits where he over valued things to undercut HMRC. PKF will recalcuate the debt based on more accurate figures having discounted AA's fantasy ones.

And then the regulators (ha ha) of the Administration industry charge AA with falsifying the figures to rig the outcome of the original CVA? (insert *chortle* here)

why does AA think the Football League will decide that Portsmouth Football Club has nothing to do with....Portsmouth Football Club?

OldCo, NewCo, change of owners - it's all the same club, same liabilities, and the same golden share that can be withdrawn.

Or are the few now supporting a team that has no history, and has never won a thing?

So their all time record attendance was when a big club came to town back in December 2011...better get Jimmy Dickinson off that stand, the painting of Storrie can be taken down, and the statue of Utaka with his **** Turpin mask and wheelbarrow of cash can go too.

This is new improved fresh pompey, leaving all previous dirty pompeys behind.

Or is it just AA making it up again. :scared:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/i-m-a-last-resort-for-pompey-says-balram-chainrai-1-3595207

He added: ‘I won’t lose anything if the club is liquidated. I don’t have ulterior motives. I’m just a normal guy in Hong Kong with a normal healthy business.’

Meanwhile former Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie has quashed rumours surfacing on Twitter that he was mounting a consortium to takeover the club.

He said: ‘I am happy to help in any way I can.......PMSL

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/comment-fratton-s-future-is-in-the-administrator-s-hands-1-3595197

Cheats update

Amazing, Chinny won't lose a penny of the £17 million that he says he ploughed into the cesspit, if they fold?? :uhoh:

Or maybe, it's the case of Chinny won't be losing a penny of the £(insert small number here) million that he actually put into the cesspit, if they fold?

I love this thread. It has set the tone.

But here's a request for help.

I think there is now a conclusive case that Birch is acting on his own money to keep the skates alive.

I think this needs underlining.

I am therefore drafting a letter to the FSA in these terms, but am uncertain that thus is the right route?

Below is part of a letter to the FL from my wife and then the interesting part of their reply.

Wife :-

I now read that West Ham wish to borrow a player and will pay money to Portsmouth

BUT this is obviously only because they are frightened about losing 6 points if Portsmouth

are liquidated.Surely this is very unethical and a massive blow against your ( FL ) bid

to make all competition fair and square? I mean West Ham have a great squad already

and don't need our player, would he even get a game.?

I have now been told by my husband that you have put a transfer embargo on so how come

we have been allowed to bring in loan players? Also how come we are allowed to let players

out on loan when we must have a certain number? I remember Bournemouth being refused

permission to do exactly the same a couple of years ago during their financial problems."

FL :-

Currently as Portsmouth is in the hands of the administrator it is at their discretion which

of the club’s assets is sold/removed on an ongoing basis from the playing squad and The League

has no jurisdiction over who this is.

Any football club that is in administration will be subject to a transfer registrations embargo.

The principle being that where clubs are not able to afford their current playing squad they

are not permitted to sign anyone else. In view of any embargo The Football League cannot

allow a club to sign any new players, unless they are unable to field a team, i.e. name fourteen

fit players for any match (11 starters plus 3 ‘usable outfield substitutes’ – which is usual Football

League policy). However, we only take account of players with any first team experience and

young professionals who haven’t played at first team level are therefore discounted.

At present The League cannot currently comment any further in relation to Portsmouth and any

further statement will appear on our website in due course.

Past week or so has seen a change.

The infection of this thread by the phew has seen a difference in tone.

They still lurk but now only come out to bite.

Those of us who believed that their Punishment should fit their crimes are starting to be vindicated, they are clearly starting to hurt. Of course, the real fans felt this some years ago and most stayed away.

Seems with the announcements that they will struggle on until at least the end of the season, so the pain stays longer. Oh good.

One other funny? The way their "plight" has been worked out by the media, and how they have been ignored in the rush to cover all angles of the demmise of what is an ACTUAL football club, with a REAL global fan base

I'm still "glad" they got away with it for these past years.

Just imagine - if they had stopped wallowing in Self pity TWO years ago and re-formed Plan B they'd have been getting close to sensible non-League football by now. But oh no, they all waited for another crook to come along.

WTFILN

I love this thread. It has set the tone.

But here's a request for help.

I think there is now a conclusive case that Birch is acting on his own money to keep the skates alive.

I am therefore drafting a letter to the FSA in these terms, but am uncertain that thus is the right route?

Not sure that's a problem - I believe the Administrator is personally liable for the finances of the club - if he's silly enough to bankroll them from his own pocket that's his lookout?

Just a slight difference, didn't Peter Reid sell his FA Cup winners medal to try and raise funds for Plymouth... and Pompey have done... er yeah, exactly.

Exactly. This is a new low by the blue few. To ask other clubs' fans to supprt them as many did Plymouth is an insult to Plymouth. How dare they compare themselves to a club that had been through the mill for years, dropped to the bottom of L2 because of its attempts to spend only what it could afford, and as you say even had their manager, not just work for nothing but auction off his FA cup winners' medal to raise money for the club?

Meanwhile Ben Haim has possibly agreed to delay for a few weeks receving a small part of his nearly £1.9 million a year salary... and some rumours even deny that.

It's like having a banker, "suffering" because of a smaller than usual bonus, asking for charity to keep up the payments on his Ferrari, and comparing himself to a homeless person.

Good article

The payments are normally made on a monthly basis to all League clubs and are worth around £200,000 to Championship sides.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111827/Portsmouth-face-future-non-league.html#ixzz1oW8CfaP3

That should see TBH & Kitson alright to the end of the season then

Perversely, the 30 members of office staff who have been made redundant without any financial compensation take their place in a lengthy queue of creditors.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111827/Portsmouth-face-future-non-league.html#ixzz1oW9JYQtF

Always the poor foot soldiers

[h=1]Premier League or bust as debts pile up on Birmingham[/h] By Neil Moxley

Last updated at 11:21 PM on 7th March 2012

Birmingham face the prospect of either winning promotion or going into administration.

Figures obtained by Sportsmail show the club will run out of money unless they rise out of the Championship. They stand sixth but are losing £10million a year.

Cash crisis: Birmingham, in action against Chelsea in the FA Cup on Tuesday, will run out of money if they fail to gain promotion

The wages of Chris Hughton's squad are just less than the club's annual turnover.

The sales of Liam Ridgewell and Jean Beausejour mean the club have enough cash to get through the play-offs but, unless more is found, it will run out by June.

That is the fall-out from last season's relegation from the top-flight.

No go: The club cannot remortgage St Andrews

The publication of the year's accounts has already been delayed until April 30 and the club are subject to a Football League transfer embargo.

The figures are expected to show a small profit. But this has been generated by the summer sales of Roger Johnson and Craig Gardner for almost £10m as well as Ridgewell and Beausejour, and with contracts such as the £2.5m a year paid to Nikola Zigic, they are heading for more losses next season.

Expensive: Zigic is costing the Championship club £2.5m a year

The club cannot raise cash by remortgaging St Andrew's as HSBC hold the deeds to the ground as security on an outstanding loan.

The bank have withdrawn a £7m overdraft, further increasing pressure on the club's absent owner Carson Yeung, who is facing fraud charges in Hong Kong relating to £59.7m in a case of alleged money laundering

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111813/Birmingham-run-money-fail-make-Premier-League.html#ixzz1oWCsdyjl

Beginning of the end from the administrator's point of view by the look of it.

His language has subtly changed, towards admitting there's not much left he can do.

Indeed. The Times also picks up on this story (can't link to it unfortunately without having to give Murdoch money).

Is this connected to the re-issuing of the 'Appointment of Administrators' announcement yesterday, whereby Birch's name was excluded?

Told you so.The Football League will do anything to avoid a fixture default by an NPC club, might let it happen in League 2 but it

won't happen a few games from the end of the season in the Championship. All the "we won't make the end of the season" crap is just ritual whining to get advances from the FL.

There's only so much the FL can do.

This is money that Pompey would have normally got anyway had they not gone into administration.

There's still no guarantee they'll even make it to the Saints game at the moment.

Of course it suits everyone to let the fans think they'll make it to the end of the season because it reduces the risk they'll all kick off at some point.

Told you so.The Football League will do anything to avoid a fixture default by an NPC club, might let it happen in League 2 but it

won't happen a few games from the end of the season in the Championship. All the "we won't make the end of the season" crap is just ritual whining to get advances from the FL.

All they've done is give them the money they were entitled to, no more than that. Even most skates understand that.

All they've done is give them the money they were entitled to, no more than that. Even most skates understand that.

Indeed. Withholding the regular payments would only have ever been a temporary measure by the FL, to cover the period between the issuing of the WUP by HMRC and the Administrator getting his feet under the desk. As soon as the League were able to satisfy themselves that their £200k per month was going to be used 'appropriately' then they could turn on the dripping tap again. Just a formality it would seem.

The publication of the year's accounts has already been delayed until April 30 and the club are subject to a Football League transfer embargo.

Well worth placing clubs under transfer embargoes outside the transfer window :rolleyes: (and yes, I realise that covers out-of-window loans as well, but the emergency loan rules will be tightened up or even removed in the next couple of years)

Rather than imposing ineffective registration bans, the Football League should take a leaf out of the Conference's book and hand out points deductions for non-compliance with financial regulations.

For example:

-1pt for every month the club's tax bill is paid late (or not at all), with the deduction rising each consecutive month, e.g. month 1 would be -1pt, if month 2 also goes unpaid, it's another -1pt for month 2, plus an additional -1 for consecutive months, etc.

-1pt for every month the wage bill is paid late (or not at all), again with deductions rising each consecutive month

-5pts for failing to publish the club's accounts by the deadline

-10pts for entering administration

Up to -25pts for exiting administration without agreement to pay 100% to creditors, sliding scale depending on the CVA agreement - this makes it in the buyer's interests to pay back as much of the debt as possible... now *that* would "maintain the integrity of the competition", as the Football League like to quote at any given opportunity.

-5pts for altering the agreed timescale for a CVA

-10pts for failing to make an agreed payment to a CVA

I reckon you'd soon see more clubs fall into line pretty sharpish...

Well worth placing clubs under transfer embargoes outside the transfer window :rolleyes: (and yes, I realise that covers out-of-window loans as well, but the emergency loan rules will be tightened up or even removed in the next couple of years)

Rather than imposing ineffective registration bans, the Football League should take a leaf out of the Conference's book and hand out points deductions for non-compliance with financial regulations.

For example:

-1pt for every month the club's tax bill is paid late (or not at all), with the deduction rising each consecutive month, e.g. month 1 would be -1pt, if month 2 also goes unpaid, it's another -1pt for month 2, plus an additional -1 for consecutive months, etc.

-1pt for every month the wage bill is paid late (or not at all), again with deductions rising each consecutive month

-5pts for failing to publish the club's accounts by the deadline

-10pts for entering administration

Up to -25pts for exiting administration without agreement to pay 100% to creditors, sliding scale depending on the CVA agreement - this makes it in the buyer's interests to pay back as much of the debt as possible... now *that* would "maintain the integrity of the competition", as the Football League like to quote at any given opportunity.

-5pts for altering the agreed timescale for a CVA

-10pts for failing to make an agreed payment to a CVA

I reckon you'd soon see more clubs fall into line pretty sharpish...

I like it.

It seems sensible and appropriate.

Therefore, I doubt it will ever happen.

15,000 fans would follow a new club?...

What is it with them and putting decimal points in the wrong place??

To add to the penalties above - minus 30 points for any use of a bell within the stadium.

Or a clown's hat.

And minus 1pt per extra finger counted on those entering the turnstiles, 2pts for thumbs.

Even Birch is blaming HMRC now:

'If HMRC had the infrastructure in place they would not rack up the arrears, so that is something they must look at.'

Yeah, right, blame everybody except yourselves. How about 'If Portsmouth football Club paid its taxes on time like most businesses they would not rack up arrears'.

Even Birch is blaming HMRC now:

'If HMRC had the infrastructure in place they would not rack up the arrears, so that is something they must look at.'

Yeah, right, blame everybody except yourselves. How about 'If Portsmouth football Club paid its taxes on time like most businesses they would not rack up arrears'.

In my business the arrears are due by 19th of the next month...not difficult to deduct at source, add employer's contribution to the total and allocate the payment by bank transfer on the due date.

This is called the infrastructure being in place - What is it that infects anyone going near that place with whinging paranoia and some other f*cker's fault disease?!

The Football League agreeing to resume the two hundred thousand pound monthly payments to this club is akin to giving an alcoholic another bottle of vodka. The lunatics have taken over the asylum. Put them out of their misery now, swiftly & promptly. This has all dragged on for far too long. Other clubs that have been in dire straits in the past have never been granted so many stays of execution!

- Rob the Saint in NZ, Hamilton, New Zealand, 08/3/2012 01:48

Loving this quote!!

Pompey could be in further trouble if they fail to give an adequate response to the FA after a Middlesborough player was hit with a 50p coin during their game last week. The FA have written to Pompey asking them to explain what happened.