Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Don't you all get tired of being righteously indignant about EVERY little piece of Pompey news? Sitting on your laptops until midnight pontificating about this, theorising about that, analysing to death yet another non - story about a club you tell me you don't care about. I know the picture below must be of one of you - I'm guessing Nick Nack pounding away at his keyboard with another missive about the tentacles of corruption reaching across the football world and people being too scared to expose us. You're top of the league and look like getting promotion, but many of you are posting more about Pompey than your own club. Jeez, that's so ****ed up

conspiracy_theorist.jpg

As opposed to someone who has nearly 1000 posts on the forum of your local rivals, someone who was so desperate to get full member status without actually paying (seems like it's just a Pompey thing, doesn't it) that he sent emails claiming to have sent cash through the post but that "it must have got lost" :rolleyes: :facepalm:

You're a joke.

Don't you all get tired of being righteously indignant about EVERY little piece of Pompey news? Sitting on your laptops until midnight pontificating about this, theorising about that, analysing to death yet another non - story about a club you tell me you don't care about. I know the picture below must be of one of you - I'm guessing Nick Nack pounding away at his keyboard with another missive about the tentacles of corruption reaching across the football world and people being too scared to expose us. You're top of the league and look like getting promotion, but many of you are posting more about Pompey than your own club. Jeez, that's so ****ed up

conspiracy_theorist.jpg

Says the man posting on another club's forum.

Don't you all get tired of being righteously indignant about EVERY little piece of Pompey news? Sitting on your laptops until midnight pontificating about this, theorising about that, analysing to death yet another non - story about a club you tell me you don't care about.

On the contrary, we do care. You are the enemy.

110323381.png

As opposed to someone who has nearly 1000 posts on the forum of your local rivals, someone who was so desperate to get full member status without actually paying (seems like it's just a Pompey thing, doesn't it) that he sent emails claiming to have sent cash through the post but that "it must have got lost" :rolleyes: :facepalm:

You're a joke.

Really..that cheap, that desperate?!!

Really..that cheap, that desperate?!!

It really is a disease that runs through them. If I remember the conversation correctly Steve (alcohol permitting......) he mailed through two pieces of card and insisted that there was a fiver between them? But naturally there must have been something amiss through the postal system, yet the envelope was untampered. Curious.

Edited by Colinjb

The quote that gets me is "We don't always do it". If that's not admitting to special treatment I don't know what is.

Or you could look at it another way. Most Football League clubs going into administration don't also have a pretty big wedge of parachute payments still to come from the Premier League, and the only way their Football Creditors can be settled is from the monthly money due from the FL.

If TB explained to him that there's still more than enough to come from the PL parachutes to settle all the Football Creditors, with some left over, I think he would have found it difficult to argue.

You're a joke.

That's why it's great to see his contributions.

It like the old joke, asking an Irishman to select a spade by saying to him to take his pick. He just can't get it!

You're a joke.

It really is a disease that runs through them. If I remember the conversation correctly Steve (alcohol permitting......) he mailed through two pieces of card and insisted that there was a fiver between them? But naturally there must have been something amiss through the postal system, yet the envelope was untampered. Curious.

I wasn't "desperate" to get full member status and Colin JB your memories failed you/ you're making things up. If I was desperate to get full member status I'd have sent another fiver. I sent a fiver in an envelope with a post it note attached saying it was from me for membership - largely because posters on here were complaining/ accusing me of not responsing to posts. Presumably it got lost somewhere in the post (or a pikey southampton postman realised there was cash inside and nicked it).

As for you Colin, you were on POL the other night being all smarmy and giving it the "I come in peace" line so a bit rich for you to be having a pop at me for posting on here.

I wasn't "desperate" to get full member status and Colin JB your memories failed you/ you're making things up. If I was desperate to get full member status I'd have sent another fiver. I sent a fiver in an envelope with a post it note attached saying it was from me for membership - largely because posters on here were complaining/ accusing me of not responsing to posts. Presumably it got lost somewhere in the post (or a pikey southampton postman realised there was cash inside and nicked it). As for you Colin, you were on POL the other night being all smarmy and giving it the "I come in peace" line so a bit rich for you to be having a pop at me for posting on here.

Of course you weren't, of course you did, of course they did!

Meltdown still on course for full breakdown at liquidation point - sad fantasist that you are!

As for you Colin, you were on POL the other night being all smarmy and giving it the "I come in peace" line so a bit rich for you to be having a pop at me for posting on here.

I havn't posted a single word over there outside of that one thread (hostile, friendly, conversational or otherwise) gave my word to the site administrator that I wouldn't and as such I have absolutely no intention of doing so. Unlike you I actually mean what I say.

Edited by Colinjb

conspiracy_theorist.jpg

Nice one Stevie!

tampon1.jpg

@TonyHusbandBBC: #pompey Leader of Portsmouth City Council says council is negotiating to buy Fratton Park- but would only do a deal if club liquidated.

Haha. That actually puts liquidation in another positive light for them. Struggle on constrained by the crooks or start afresh low down leasing the stadium from the council. In terms of their growth it could hamper their overall potential. Leasing a ground can take a very high amount out of an operational budget (ask Coventry.....) and will restrict the funds that could be spent on other areas, such as the first team. If they really have a desire to be operationally solvent in the future it may restrict them as a club to something the size of Preston North End or Barnsley. If not slightly lower.

I wasn't "desperate" to get full member status and Colin JB your memories failed you/ you're making things up. If I was desperate to get full member status I'd have sent another fiver. I sent a fiver in an envelope with a post it note attached saying it was from me for membership - largely because posters on here were complaining/ accusing me of not responsing to posts. Presumably it got lost somewhere in the post (or a pikey southampton postman realised there was cash inside and nicked it).

The whiff of Corp Ho bull**** is as strong as ever. What a joker.

Haha. That actually puts liquidation in another positive light for them. Struggle on constrained by the crooks or start afresh low down leasing the stadium from the council. In terms of their growth it could hamper their overall potential. Leasing a ground can take a very high amount out of an operational budget (ask Coventry.....) and will restrict the funds that could be spent on other areas, such as the first team. If they really have a desire to be operationally solvent in the future it may restrict them as a club to something the size of Preston North End or Barnsley. If not slightly lower.

Mmmm, funny how the Tories become in favour of state intervention when there are votes at stake.

OK, so they'll only do a deal if Pompey are liquidated but do they really think a Conference South or lower non-league side will be able to pay rent to cover the costs incurred by the Council. Would be a real struggle even if they do get the crowds they hope for. We know that they almost failed to renew safety certificates on some areas of the ground. It is an old and delapidated ground - could be a real money pit for the Council.

I will pay a fiver to keep him restricted to 3 posts a day :)

@TonyHusbandBBC: #pompey Leader of Portsmouth City Council says council is negotiating to buy Fratton Park- but would only do a deal if club liquidated.

Can someone please explain that logic to me?

After the club ceases to exist, the council may consider buying the ground. Presumably this would be to preserve it as a football ground , rather than Chainrai etc overthrowing the planning constraints and building housing or a Tesco's? But then the council would be tying up a chunk of its capital for no noticeable return. (Does it even have any capital reserves or might it have to borrow to do this?) Any 'phoenix' successor club after liquidation would be in non-league , so could not afford to pay anything like a proper rent to the council. They'd be wasting public money.

After the club ceases to exist, the council may consider buying the ground. Presumably this would be to preserve it as a football ground , rather than Chainrai etc overthrowing the planning constraints and building housing or a Tesco's? But then the council would be tying up a chunk of its capital for no noticeable return. (Does it even have any capital reserves or might it have to borrow to do this?) Any 'phoenix' successor club after liquidation would be in non-league , so could not afford to pay anything like a proper rent to the council. They'd be wasting public money.

It would serve two purposes.

1) Stop the locals from revolting. (That's the act of revolting, not being revolting. ;) )

2) It becomes a council cash cow. Milk the local populace for their gate receipts. It would ultimately limit the money going into the football club but would ensure they have a firm foundation to build from.

Personally I'm all for it. :D Especailly as it's on the proviso that they start afresh.

The only thing that strikes me, if they go down the CPO route, with no football club there, and the 'sport' planning restriction still in force, maybe it becomes next to worthless and they pick it up for a song, thereby not needing to charge an arm and a leg to recoup a decent return on capital from any phoenix club?

Edit - ignore this in view of the 'void planning use' in liquidation

Edited by andysstuff
More facts have come to light

conspiracy_theorist.jpg

A pity that in your vain attempts to psychoanalyse the reasons why many of us post on this thread, you miss the glaringly obvious one; the pure entertainment value from the comedy gold your fetid little club provides us with.

Admittedly, there is also a delectable element of schadenfreude too.

And in the same way that most would like your club to hobble lamely onwards and downwards because we would miss the pleasure that we derive from their misfortune, I'm sure that most would also miss your hilarious contributions too. Everybody needs a little sunshine in their lives and you and your poxy little club are the sunshine in mine.

I think this thread has run it's course now - it's time to forget the missing millions from FP, they are gone, never to be found, and liquidation is nigh.... forgotton.

We need to turn our 'investigative genius' minds to a new challenge.

Who the f*ck nicked Ho's fiver you tw*ts....????

southseasteve

"He also says plan B would then have a ground to use, where does he think the'll earn the money to keep FP going both in council tax and maintenance. If plan B is the best we can expect it certainly won't be from gate receipts" What a miserable defeatest f**king attitude. Do you really have so little faith in the fans of Pompey, When Wimbledon started at the bottom of the pyramid they were getting gates of 3 to 6k. That' not much less than they were getting before they went under. We are a bigger club then they ever were and have a good 8 - 12k hardcore supporters - Also Luton are comfortably running their ground in the non league - how much maintanence do you think FP will require. We can easily afford to keep FP going if we become a non league club.

So according to this guy they will still be getting 15k in non league and would easily afford the rent and upkeep of the ground. Cant see it myself

Does anyone know if there was a "Saints Takeover Saga" thread on the Skate Forums? Would be funny if we could find it and then find some Ho posts :)

Doubt it, they are barely aware of life outside of Portsea let alone capable of sustaining a thread on it. ;)

@TonyHusbandBBC: #pompey Tory group on Portsmouth City Council table a motion asking council to consider buying Fratton Park. To be discussed later in month.

From the snooze forum debate (one sided) on this article.

Conservative group leader Cllr Steve Wemyss claims Fratton Park would be given a ‘void planning use’ if Pompey is liquidated - putting football at risk in the future.

I think this thread has run it's course now - it's time to forget the missing millions from FP, they are gone, never to be found, and liquidation is nigh.... forgotton.

We need to turn our 'investigative genius' minds to a new challenge.

Who the f*ck nicked Ho's fiver you tw*ts....????

I think the thief has already been apprehended:

4269.jpg

It would serve two purposes.

1) Stop the locals from revolting. (That's the act of revolting, not being revolting. ;) )

2) It becomes a council cash cow. Milk the local populace for their gate receipts. It would ultimately limit the money going into the football club but would ensure they have a firm foundation to build from.

Personally I'm all for it. :D Especailly as it's on the proviso that they start afresh.

You're right with option 2 - but not for the reasons you've given. PFC gets liquidated, the council buy the land and offer to rent to the phoenix club at a rent they can't afford. Phoenix club goes to Moneyfields, and the council sells out to Tesco to a combined supermarket / affordable housing project and make a tidy profit.

Corporate, whats your user name on POL?

Despite telling you for a long time I post there, I have signed up now and have been putting the odd post in for a few weeks now. At first they got all paranoid and started trying to oust me as 'scum', as I made an ever so slight criticism of pompeys hilariously poor support. I have survived the initial attacks and now have my feet under the table.

I have positioned myself as a technology dinosaur old boy fratton regular, my dumbed down posts fit right in over there. Over the coming weeks I will become more provocative with my postings and eventually I plan to become an ITKer!

Quite a nice forum layout IMO.

That will be funny, pompey CC handing over £17m of council tax payers to loan shark Chinny and another £3m to Gaddy gun runner.

The skates will be paying a mortgage on fratton park to the council for a whole generation. Plus the maintenence costs and urgent repairs to obtain basic health and safety certificates (like last years improvements to the arena... fat in the pipes, hot water, installing a toilet)

Renting a ground from the council for 20 years will give them a home, the problem is they are handing over money for a property that will be worthless by the time they get round to owning it. By 2032 I struggle to think of the state fratton park will be in!

£17m mortgage for this:

tumblr_lfxyj4yYLD1qaf8ewo1_500.jpg#

Hardly value for money for vendor and leaseholder surely? The council need to demonstrate value for money when using the tax payers cash, not sure how paying 6-7 time over the odds for a liability would do that.

Moneyfields would be a far better option.

Why does Corp Ho exist? What's his point?

If it is to blindly defend his beloved club, whilst understandable to a degree, I don't think anyone can defend the indefensible. So we'll all laugh at him.

If it's to counter the various arguments and opinions put forward by us 'scummers', also understandable to a degree, you'd think he would actually check his facts and deal with the specifics of the questions. But he doesn't, he replies in his scattergun 'you're all so sad' way. So we'll all laugh at him.

If it's 'for a laugh' then he's been successful... we all laugh at him!

So in summary, he only exists and posts so we can laugh at him.

Every single Skate I've spoken to has always trotted out the line that there is a covenant protecting Fratton for sporting use only. This has now been shown to be total ********.

The Portsmouth Development Plan is available on-line. If you read it you will see that what the Councillor is reported to have said is correct. The "restriction" is specifically for the benefit of Portsmouth Football Club. Not sporting use or football in general but specifically the club is named. Maybe an oversight, but that's what it says.

I suppose it's always possible that there might be proper "restrictive covenants" on the title deeds. Somebody would need to check the land registry to find that out.

I sent a fiver in an envelope with a post it note attached saying it was from me for membership.

Ah well there you go that is the problem you're ment to put stamps on the envelope. Anyway leave Corp Ho alone its a special day today and we shouldn't ruin it, it is after all Barbie's birthday today.

toy-story-3-2.jpg

Here she is looking glum with the rest of the cast of Toy Storrie.

Can I ask what is potentially one of my daftest question yet? (yes, I know, there's a shed load of candidates for that particular accolade...)

IF PFC were to be liquidated, is there anything in the Football League rules that would prevent a deal being done whereby the 'phoenix' club that is then formed inherits the 'golden share' from the liquidated club via some kind of murky deal with the Football League?

In other words, are there actually any written rules that stipulate a club that is liquidated can't reform and be given the golden share again in the football league?

The more I write this the more I realise it's a dumb question but, if the Football League, Portsmouth politicians and Trevor Birch get to the point where they are all convincing each other that Pompey have been hard done by (in terms of their 'unfair' share of dodgy owners) then could they be trying to hatch a plan whereby they go into liquidation as a way of shaking off the likes of Chainrai and Gaydamark's hold over the club but come to a compromise arrangement whereby the 'punishment' is curtailed by ensuring that PFC2010 get relegated (via more points penalties if necessary) and the golden share is then handed over to the phoenix club.

The reason for this hair-brained notion is I get the feeling that the people trying to save the club (FL, the council, Birch, etc) are starting to see liquidation as the solution rather than a barrier to a solution but want to cushion the effect of taking that route.

The Portsmouth Development Plan is available on-line. If you read it you will see that what the Councillor is reported to have said is correct. The "restriction" is specifically for the benefit of Portsmouth Football Club. Not sporting use or football in general but specifically the club is named. Maybe an oversight, but that's what it says.

I suppose it's always possible that there might be proper "restrictive covenants" on the title deeds. Somebody would need to check the land registry to find that out.

Does Portsmouth Football Club exist anymore, are they not called Portsmouth Football Club 2010 Ltd? Would this have any affect on restrictions/covenants in the former name?

Edited by Dimond Geezer

Can I ask what is potentially one of my daftest question yet? (yes, I know, there's a shed load of candidates for that particular accolade...)

IF PFC were to be liquidated, is there anything in the Football League rules that would prevent a deal being done whereby the 'phoenix' club that is then formed inherits the 'golden share' from the liquidated club via some kind of murky deal with the Football League?

In other words, are there actually any written rules that stipulate a club that is liquidated can't reform and be given the golden share again in the football league?

The more I write this the more I realise it's a dumb question but, if the Football League, Portsmouth politicians and Trevor Birch get to the point where they are all convincing each other that Pompey have been hard done by (in terms of their 'unfair' share of dodgy owners) then could they be trying to hatch a plan whereby they go into liquidation as a way of shaking off the likes of Chainrai and Gaydamark's hold over the club but come to a compromise arrangement whereby the 'punishment' is curtailed by ensuring that PFC2010 get relegated (via more points penalties if necessary) and the golden share is then handed over to the phoenix club.

The reason for this hair-brained notion is I get the feeling that the people trying to save the club (FL, the council, Birch, etc) are starting to see liquidation as the solution rather than a barrier to a solution but want to cushion the effect of taking that route.

I believe that Middlesbrough effectively did this in the late 80's. The rules may well be different now though.

Indeed they did, in 1986. The club went into liquidation, Steve Gibson managed to get a consortium together at the last minute and they purchased the lot and carried on.

Edited by Colinjb

Does Portsmouth Football Club exist anymore, are they not called Portsmouth Football Club 2010 Ltd? Would this have any affect on restrictions/covenants in the former name?

I think the words ...(in administration) .... are all that's missing from your title question