Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

That's the real nightmare for the FL - a legal challenge to any decision on points penalties that makes their governance look a bit useless.

There shouldn't be any sort of nightmare for the Football League really. They can basically blackmail clubs into accepting whatever punishment they deem fit for any perceived misdemeanour on the grounds that it's a private members club, they make the rules and if you want your Golden Share, you'll do as they say, and you'll waive all rights to challenge any decision through the courts.

That was what we found out to our cost. As far as their insolvency policies were concerned at the time (i.e. April 2009), there was no rule which stated that if a parent company went into administration, the football club would be deemed to have breached their insolvency rules and would be punished accordingly. When they imposed the points deduction, they even stated in their statement that they were applying the "spirit" of the rules rather than the "letter", i.e. they'd bent them to suit what they wanted to do. I've no real issue with that because it was clear to anyone with a pulse that the football club was the cause of SLH going into admin, but at least be consistent.

The main problem I see is that the football club itself isn't responsible for the CVA as far as the law is concerned.

Haven't the Football League set a precident of penalising a club regardless of the legal position though? (i.e. Southampton Football Club Ltd were penalised for going into administration despite the fact that the club itself never legally went administration)

In other words, just because the current (NewCo) "Portsmouth Football Club" aren't legally responsible for honouring the OldCo CVA, it doesn't prevent the FL from penalising them from a "to all intents and purposes it's the same entity" perspective if 'they' (NewCo) don't honour it, does it?

Edited by trousers

Haven't the Football League set a precident of penalising a club regardless of the legal position though? (i.e. Southampton Football Club Ltd were penalised for going into administration despite the fact that the club itself never legally went administration)

In other words, just because the current (NewCo) "Portsmouth Football Club" aren't legally responsible for honouring the OldCo CVA, it doesn't prevent the FL from penalising them from a "to all intents and purposes it's the same entity" perspective, does it?

Correct, but as I said above (probably at the same time as you were writing that!), the FL hasn't shown any consistency when it comes to when they choose to bend the rules to fit their requirements.

We wish to make a firm offer...... means we know what we're buying and we know what it's worth

We wish to make an offer subject to conditions...... means there's a few unknowns, but on the whole it's clean

We wish to make a provisional offer...... means we are interested but we need to know a lot more about a lot of things

We wish to make an indicative offer...... means we might be interested but there's more unknowns than knowns and any sensible bid is impossible

Hope that help!

Also, indicative has no association with one party or more than one party, so you can forget that one Ho

pingpong said: ↑

if we have a rough game i can see our fans rioting. i am old but even i would be tempted.

one last battle. 3 thousand strong blue army on the pitch. coins smoke grenades flares the lot. westood will probably end up in jail.

lets go out with a bang scum wont know what hit them.

Sh!t, I'm in bock 1.... oh no! Where's Turkish? Can I hide behind you? A nasty man with tattoos, a comedy hat and clown shoes wants to attack me!

A new article in today's Times but can't read it (subscriber only)....

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/footballleague/article3347875.ece

Will the final bell be chiming for Portsmouth in two months?

Matt Dickinson

...to Ali Al Faraj. Portsmouth say they were close to folding before and since Al Fahim’s takeover. February 2010 Balram Chainrai becomes the club’s fourth owner in six months. A month later Portsmouth are docked nine points for moving into administration...

@TonyHusbandBBC: #pompey leader of City Council says he feels club should not be paying anyone more than £5k a month in wages at present.

He shows a fine grasp of football finances. I doubt any member of' the smallest squad in the league' (tm PFC ltd 2011) is on less than £5 a week, and of course Ben Haim is on nearly £150k a month

if we have a rough game i can see our fans rioting. i am old but even i would be tempted.

one last battle. 3 thousand strong blue army on the pitch. coins smoke grenades flares the lot. westood will probably end up in jail.

Sh!t, I'm in bock 1.... oh no! Where's Turkish? Can I hide behind you? A nasty man with tattoos, a comedy hat and clown shoes wants to attack me!

He could end up in trouble over this, similar comments on facebook during the London riots resulted in court cases!!

I think this is entirely possible. As an added bonus to them, I wouldnt be surprised if the FL/FA/PL(especially if WHU are 3rd) jumped on the slightest lack of professionality of the club or stewards, or on the (over-)reaction of our fans, to stop us from being promoted.

Someone wrote on here a week or two ago that he heard the police wont let the game happen because of expected trouble.

I reckon banning away fans wont work; they will just get on trains or drive 17miles to turn up outside mob-handed.

That pingpong guy is being branded a scummer due to his low post count and because he is ITK about a bid just seen he posted this

"The Prentice Hall Corporation System Inc & Play Up Pompey Inc have made a provisional offer to PKF, based in Florida so pretty sure this is the Brian Howe consortium. Very very early days though mate these processes take months."

That pingpong guy is being branded a scummer due to his low post count and because he is ITK about a bid just seen he posted this

"The Prentice Hall Corporation System Inc & Play Up Pompey Inc have made a provisional offer to PKF, based in Florida so pretty sure this is the Brian Howe consortium. Very very early days though mate these processes take months."

Defo

http://www.facebook.com/pages/HOWESBUSINESS-INC-Play-up-Pompey-LLC/109600469060609

http://www.corporationwiki.com/New-York/New-York/brian-howe-P2565206.aspx

:lol: Every time they've come to SMS/the Dell there was going to be "hundreds in the home stands", never happened yet, never likely to. Always looked like delicate little sheep to me.

Dreamers, they wont be able to fart and get away with it in the bubble - their only chance is if some sneak into Southampton without tickets and head for the pubs.

DFCSBs/WTFILN.

four joke owners v one billionaire?

Or do they need one more administration to get to the correct score?

Either way I presume HP has taken ownership of the phrase to demonstrate that we are looking forward to Judgement Day at SMS.

I know I am. :)

And regarding their fantastic away support, the 3,000 strong blue army - yeah - Portsea Myth no.793.

Hardly heard a peep out of them until they were ahead on the last visit, didn't hear a sound at the previous games.

And they are having to ship people in to take their allocation this time, didn't even take many to Reading, they are coming to see Southampton.

As they did at Fratton.

Wave them goodbye Ted, just wave them goodbye....

Actually the ones who won't know what hit them will be the first ones on the pitch. I know what will hit them, a big fck off police German Shepherd!:lol:

The Blue Few have declared war on us scummers/ Modes time to ban Corp Ho as an act of reprisal LOL

Additional message for Scummers. It is obvious that you're keen on hiding behind IDs. Again, not a problem, but just wanted to give you a heads-up that, from now on, if we find out that anybody else is one of you, then I will put up here your registered email address and IP address(es) so anybody else who runs a message board or forum can do similar checks if they wish (of course, this would mean these details would be in a public domain, but hence my advance warning). Don't say you haven't been warned.

The Blue Few have declared war on us scummers/ Modes time to ban Corp Ho as an act of reprisal LOL

Additional message for Scummers. It is obvious that you're keen on hiding behind IDs. Again, not a problem, but just wanted to give you a heads-up that, from now on, if we find out that anybody else is one of you, then I will put up here your registered email address and IP address(es) so anybody else who runs a message board or forum can do similar checks if they wish (of course, this would mean these details would be in a public domain, but hence my advance warning). Don't say you haven't been warned.

Does the Data Protection Act not apply on Inbred Island?

@pn_neil_allen: RT @officialpompey: Just been told that #Pompey were criticised on @talkSPORT for buying two tables at last night's Football League Awards...

@pn_neil_allen: RT @officialpompey: Tables were both paid for by club partners, so #Pompey didn't spend a penny. @talkSPORT didn't check this with us first

Well as I have registered with a totally fake address and recently changed Internet service providers I'm not overly bothered.

@pn_neil_allen: RT @officialpompey: Just been told that #Pompey were criticised on @talkSPORT for buying two tables at last night's Football League Awards...

@pn_neil_allen: RT @officialpompey: Tables were both paid for by club partners, so #Pompey didn't spend a penny. @talkSPORT didn't check this with us first

Looks like Talksport had a response.

@talkSPORTDrive @officialpompey Portsmouth can't afford to pay the wages of their players. They didn't check this before signing them.

Adrian Durham replied that Pompey didn't check that they could pay their players before they signed them. He is awaiting their reply.

I suppose it would have been out of the question for PFC to ask the 'club partners' to donate the money to one of the charities PFC have ripped off instead?

I suppose it would have been out of the question for PFC to ask the 'club partners' to donate the money to one of the charities PFC have ripped off instead?

And if it were true, no doubt PFC, or their rather bizarre self-appointed spokesman, would be happy to tell us who these 'partners' are exactly.

Personally, I don't believe a word of it - sounds like the usual invented garbage in a desperate attempt to deflect some well-aimed criticism.

And if it were true, no doubt PFC, or their rather bizarre self-appointed spokesman, would be happy to tell us who these 'partners' are exactly.

Personally, I don't believe a word of it - sounds like the usual invented garbage in a desperate attempt to deflect some well-aimed criticism.

Chinny's table and Gaydy's table - obvious innit

they semm to have it in for you on the pimply site hypo. Thats scot fella sounds an officious arse

Apart from Corp Ho what other skates fanspost on here. I recollect PFV123 and linvroy afro or somthing similar What happened to them

The guy's a moron, for all his talk of witch hunts, he couldn't find his own arsehole. I have also been posting on there for some time, dead easy, sound stupid, spell like a fiver year old, and your disguise is complete.

It's very easy, I've got over 2,000 posts and nobody's ever suspected me.

Has PompeyScot ever registered on this forum, would be nice to have his email address and personal details... ;)

There's also Bill who's similarly a bit of a moron, if anyone fancies some fun, his email address is *Removed by Moderator*

Edited by St Chalet

It's very easy, I've got over 2,000 posts and nobody's ever suspected me.

Has PompeyScot ever registered on this forum, would be nice to have his email address and personal details... ;)

There's also Bill who's similarly a bit of a moron, if anyone fancies some fun, his email address is *Removed by Moderator*

Hahahaha. He is acting all smug over on his forum. He STILL thinks he knows who I am despite the fact that my original signup was given to me by someone else. I am not the owner of the original email address I used, it has nothing to do with me or my business. Hilarious that he thinks differently.

Edited by St Chalet

they semm to have it in for you on the pimply site hypo. Thats scot fella sounds an officious arse

Apart from Corp Ho what other skates fanspost on here. I recollect PFV123 and linvroy afro or somthing similar What happened to them

Linvoys Afro was alright for a skate. Their veiled threats are amusing. Whilst I am not the owner of the email address involved, should anything happen I shall take great pleasure in informing the owner who I am sure will take legal advice and take things further if necessary.

PompeyScot, if you're reading this...

My username is atTheHop

I DARE you to ban me.

I bet he won't though. They said they had banned trueblue74 or whatever it was and they hadn't! They're not as ruthless on "scummers" as he wants to make out they are. He's still obsessed with us though. Cretin.