Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think it is pretty sad when we cannot engage in fair minded discussion on football sites. Some of the recent comments on here relating to POL and the web site owners only show why they blanket ban.

Pamplemousse. You are in breach of this sites rules publishing an email without the owners permission or knowledge. I hope no one is idiot enough to cause problems.

if Chinny had a table at the awards last night he might have discovered that the child-maimer owned the cutlery and the chairs, meaning the Chinster could technically eat, but he'd have to stand up and use his fingers - which funnily enough was very similar to what prossie-bothering Avram ordered off the menu behind a skip on an industrial estate. :scared:

are the hordes of free West Brom loanees still dining on squirrels in a big tent and cycling to games?

Or perhaps they are in a hotel which is also paid for by these 'mystery partners' who seem to have suddenly started financing the club.

Why don't they just admit that they're taking the p1ss out of a toothless football league and their own fanbase, it's pretty blatant when you have Rangers slashing their wagebill yet pompey players still want ALL their dirty cash guaranteed, and expect the man on the street to pay for their shiny tat.

I look forward to Pack the Park III, and the forced dispersal of the filthy 100 who have no homes to go to and are making some point about something or other.

Can't see the few become less few as the weeks go on, especially if they don't beat Bristol City.

It's cooking up nicely.

Possibly the funniest article I have read on the news..... and considering how tough the opposition is, that's saying something....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/chainrai-returns-to-leave-fans-more-split-than-ever-1-3614964#.T15X97oQItA.facebook

By Neil Allen

Published on Monday 12 March 2012 12:00

It was Abraham Lincoln who once uttered ‘A house divided against itself cannot stand’.

An apt statement in the current climate Pompey finds itself inhabiting.

The cart is hurtling towards the end of the line at break-neck speed, the yawning abyss embraced for its arrival.

All Blues fans are desperate to stop the heart-breaking smash.

Except they are currently fighting among themselves over the best solution in preventing such an untimely demise.

This is what the Pompey supporters have been reduced to.

And for that, those who have overseen the continued destruction Portsmouth Football Club should be ashamed.

The current problems are their legacy. The problems are down to them.

These supporters turning on each other, trading insults and questioning each others’ commitment are doing so because of the people who did not take care of a great club like Pompey in the correct way.

Look what they have done to this proud this institution they were once in control of.

They had responsibilities, whether it be as owner, chief executive or administrator.

They failed.

Scouring the city and you will see a passionate fan base who for 90 minutes stand side-by-side united as one.

Magnificent backing every match which earns applause and respect from opposition players and support alike.

Yet aside from that period, Pompey followers remain split and fragmented.

In agreement there should continue to be a football club in their city. In opposition how that is to be achieved.

In the past week, the familiar face of Balram Chainrai has re-emerged.

Having owned the club three times previously, the Hong Kong businessman has declared an initial interest in returning.

In one swift move the Fratton faithful has been fractured greater than ever before.

There can be no wrong or right side of the street to walk, this is not a black-and-white situation to reflect upon.

What is important to remember is the future of Pompey is an emotive issue.

Andrew Andronikou is despised by most Blues fans – yet his long-time employer is curiously seen in a more attractive light.

Chainrai divides opinion like no other who has sat at the table building houses of cards over the past few years.

He has been involved in putting the club into administration twice, been in charge three times, retains a £17m debenture and continually refuses to meet supporter groups.

Yet he wants his loan back, an approach we can all empathise with, and it is in his interests the club exists to enable him to do just that.

In that respect, Chainrai represents an uneasy alliance.

Somebody, in theory, who can keep the Blues alive while attempts continue to find a permanent solution.

On the other hand, there are those fans who do not trust the Hong Kong businessman, a result of his actions since first arriving on the south coast in October 2009.

His company Portpin have still to pay small creditors as they pledged, there remain questions over what happened to the £4m Pompey got for Younes Kaboul, while Portpin’s dominant role in season ticket price hikes continues to irk.

Some want Chainrai back. Some don’t want him back but would do if it meant the club surviving a little longer.

Some don’t want him anywhere near Fratton Park ever again.

Irrespective of the viewpoint, the fan base is fragmented and diluted. It is divided and on its way to being conquered.

And that is the real tragedy of what is happening to their club.

Take Bob Beech, for instance, suddenly the target of criticism from some.

As chairman of SOS Pompey, he has been a long-time critic of those who have overseen the club in recent times.

He led the protests 13 months ago, vocally challenging Chainrai, Andronikou and David Lampitt.

Fewer than 100 attended the Frogmore Road protest held just before the clash with Derby, nonetheless the point was made.

Chainrai labelled the protesters as ‘on their own planet’ and “not the fans of the city of Portsmouth’.

In the past week Beech was quoted in a national newspaper claiming ‘I’d rather have the Luftwaffe back in Portsmouth than Balram Chainrai’.

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment which has resulted in him being criticised in some quarters.

Some have dared to question his love for the club, others have raised doubts over his loyalty.

Meanwhile, a rogue cyber warrior has been posing as Beech and posting on message boards, prompting yet more trouble.

His dastardly crime? Caring and attempting to make a difference.

There are those who keep training their sights on the Pompey Supporters’ Trust and sniping away.

According to some highly-vocal critics, they are not doing enough to save the football club. It is an offensive accusation against a band of people who are devoting their spare time in trying to aid the club they love.

Theirs has been an exhaustive journey of meetings with prominent club figures, interested parties, businessmen, lawyers and other fans.

This week alone they have met Andrew Andronikou and Trevor Birch as they maintain their immense efforts.

Let’s bear in mind several of the Trust board run their own businesses, others hold powerful positions in multi-national companies, the majority have young families.

Yet they are working around the clock for the benefit of fellow Pompey supporters across the world.

And, if the club is liquidated, it is the Trust who are labouring away trying to construct a viable Plan B to pick up the reins.

The Trust do not want Plan B to be implemented. However, it is a crucial safety net.

And should the city possess a club in Blue Square Bet South next season, that will be down to the tireless efforts of the Trust.

Their unforgivable misdemeanour?

Caring and attempting to make a difference.

Meanwhile, the real figures to blame have long gone, returned to their day jobs, headed back to their countries.

They have left behind a football club gasping for breath and a fan base arguing.

And for that reason, they should never be forgiven

@talksportdrive

@_CCFC_ diff being Cardiff and Bham will use their Pompey players WHU won't. Makes you question the reason for signing the player

6:34pm - 12 Mar 12

Interesting to read this version of events.

Still at least we now all know who poopeys "Partners" are...

Of course IF they were real then they'd answer this

Dear Partners

A number of dedicated, highly experienced and well trained people have recently lost their jobs in poorsmuff. This has caused severe personal distress to them and their families and has caused them increased levels of stress and anxiety as they seek alternative employment in harsh Economic conditions.

As you are so clearly loyally attached to all things to do with poopey, could you please show some positive PR via Mr Neil Allen of the steps you are taking to aid those poor unfortunate people and their families to cope with the unexpected changes in their personal situation.

Obviously you as major Corporate Organisations would not wish to remembered as being only concerned with acquiring seats, access, food and probably not insubstantial Alcoholic Beverages for people who were NOT made redundant

Which is another way of saying.

Dear partners you paid for a freebie p1ss up rather than help the poor sods who got fired.

Neil Allen - every tme you open your Computer you look a bigger hypocrite

Edited by dubai_phil

I wonder who was there to represent Pompey? The bloke running the administration of their parent company or the bloke running the administration of the child company?

Or perhaps they both went to make it a true family affair....?

Probably. It would explain why they had two tables.

Pompey have cut ticket prices for the crucial relegation clash with Bristol City.

The fellow strugglers visit Fratton Park on Saturday in a critical six-pointer.

So far 12,010 tickets have been sold for the occasion - including 2,500 away supporters.

In the drive to get fans out in force to cheer their team on, the club have brought out several ticket offers.

Now two adult tickets can be purchased for £19.50.

These apply to the North stand upper wings, North stand lower and the Milton End only.

In addition, extra adult tickets cost £9.50 and extra junior tickets are priced £5.

Pack the park...ROTFLMAO

Didn't someone say a week or so ago that they were due a creditors meeting last week?

Did that happen and does anyone know anything about it??

No, the initial creditors meeting has to take place within 10 weeks of going into administration, which , by my calculation, happens to be 23rd April - the day before the end of the season.

I would expect to see the statutory notification of the meeting to be posted in the London Gazette within the next couple of weeks.

Pompey have cut ticket prices for the crucial relegation clash with Bristol City.

The fellow strugglers visit Fratton Park on Saturday in a critical six-pointer.

So far 12,010 tickets have been sold for the occasion - including 2,500 away supporters.

In the drive to get fans out in force to cheer their team on, the club have brought out several ticket offers.

Now two adult tickets can be purchased for £19.50.

These apply to the North stand upper wings, North stand lower and the Milton End only.

In addition, extra adult tickets cost £9.50 and extra junior tickets are priced £5.

Pack the park...ROTFLMAO

How many ticket discounts is that so far this season now? I think someone posted before that a club is allowed to do 4 ticket promos a season?

funny as it is to chuckle at the chickens finally coming home to roost, I'm surprised at the ticket sales.

Any commentators who now make reference to the bestest and passionate fanbase can immediately be regarded as ill-informed simpletons.

This is a myth, and the facts are clearly there to dismiss it.

The few have abandoned ship.

They are looking at about 10/11K home fans for one of their biggest games of the season.

With two games in a week and midweek games against the likes of Hull coming up they could be heading for a half full 'arena' sometime soon.

The only thing they've packed is their bags.

And before Ho starts pointing out the state of affairs, yes, there is little to encourage fans to go there, other than the chance to save the club - we are beyond looking at value for money or entertainment.

I remember going to St Marys one day wondering if it might be the last time.

I didn't expect to see a team play well, I didn't bail out because we'd lost players, I can't even recall who was playing for us, I didn't care who was wearing the shirt.

It was just about being there as a show of support, because the team I'd watched with my Dad might disappear, and all those memories of the previous 30 years would be lost with the club.

It was time to stand up and be counted.

So putting rivalry aside, how can so many pompey fans stand by and watch the club disappear?

We don't have a monopoly on an emotional attachment to a club, so where are those fans who went to the park over the last 20-30 years, or who stood out on Southsea Common basking in reflected glory??

Presumably Birch is asking the same thing.

So putting rivalry aside, how can so many pompey fans stand by and watch the club disappear?

Maybe, just maybe, this is a sign that they are, at long last, starting to 'get it'....? In that the current club would be much better off liquidated and a phoenix club started lower down the leagues. By not pitching up they are potentially helping the situation in the long run.

Yours clutching-at-straws-ly,

Trousers

Can someone explain to me whether Chanrai actually owns the ground or not. I am a little confused.

No he doesnt actually own it - but the loans he made to Pompey are secured on the ground. Just as if you buy a house with a mrtgage or a car on finance and donrt keep up the payments, they can take possession and force the property to be sold.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a sign that they are, at long last, starting to 'get it'....? In that the current club would be much better off liquidated and a phoenix club started lower down the leagues. By not pitching up they are potentially helping the situation in the long run.

Yours clutching-at-straws-ly,

Trousers

Nah.... scroll down to the two case studies (Man city and pompey) for every fan that has walked through the turnstiles in the last two years for every game has been subsidised to the tune of 60 quid a game. The reality is worse than that as these figures are based on 18k attendances and paying 25 quid a ticket .....not the 4 for 44 or two for 20 (or whatever). The real figure has got be almost double that and certainly over a 100 quid..........Mindblowing

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/

funny as it is to chuckle at the chickens finally coming home to roost, I'm surprised at the ticket sales.

Any commentators who now make reference to the bestest and passionate fanbase can immediately be regarded as ill-informed simpletons.

This is a myth, and the facts are clearly there to dismiss it.

The few have abandoned ship.

They are looking at about 10/11K home fans for one of their biggest games of the season.

With two games in a week and midweek games against the likes of Hull coming up they could be heading for a half full 'arena' sometime soon.

The only thing they've packed is their bags.

And before Ho starts pointing out the state of affairs, yes, there is little to encourage fans to go there, other than the chance to save the club - we are beyond looking at value for money or entertainment.

I remember going to St Marys one day wondering if it might be the last time.

I didn't expect to see a team play well, I didn't bail out because we'd lost players, I can't even recall who was playing for us, I didn't care who was wearing the shirt.

It was just about being there as a show of support, because the team I'd watched with my Dad might disappear, and all those memories of the previous 30 years would be lost with the club.

It was time to stand up and be counted.

We don't have a monopoly on an emotional attachment to a club, so where are those fans who went to the park over the last 20-30 years, or who stood out on Southsea Common basking in reflected glory??

Presumably Birch is asking the same thing.

I think the final 2 paragraphs are the crux for me. I remember going to those Charlton, Palace and Burnley games in absolute despair. I was disillusioned, didn't particularly go for footballing reasons but HAD to be there for MY team, MY city and although I no longer live there, MY community.

Nah.... scroll down to the two case studies (Man city and pompey) for every fan that has walked through the turnstiles in the last two years for every game has been subsidised to the tune of 60 quid a game. The reality is worse than that as these figures are based on 18k attendances and paying 25 quid a ticket .....not the 4 for 44 or two for 20 (or whatever). The real figure has got be almost double that and certainly over a 100 quid..........Mindblowing

Absolutely staggering to read that the cess pit LOSES over £1m PER GAME!!!!!!!

Good to see Appy getting the 'vote of confidence' from his boss....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appleton-praised-for-pompey-heroics-1-3616703

By Neil Allen

Published on Tuesday 13 March 2012 10:00

Michael Appleton has been lauded for his Pompey ‘heroics’.

Administrator Trevor Birch has been impressed with the Blues boss as his squad continues to be chopped away.

Stephen Henderson will today follow Erik Huseklepp and Liam Lawrence out of the exit door. Hayden Mullins is the next expected to depart.

In the meantime, Appleton and his shrinking squad have been plunged into a relegation battle.

It is just over four months since he left West Brom as assistant manager to take up the Fratton Park reins.

And in dealing with the crippling restraints, Appleton has impressed Birch.

The Blues’ administrator said: ‘It is heartbreaking for me as a football man to have to let these players go and to have to do it to Michael, who I have got the utmost respect for.

‘He is performing heroics in such incredible, difficult circumstances, they really are.

‘Michael is behaving with such dignity and class.

‘There is an understanding from him about what we are trying to do here and I think that is going to stand him in good stead.

‘He is showing such maturity for such a young manager.’

Meanwhile, Birch admits he is well aware clubs can name a maximum of five loan players in a match-day squad.

As it stands, Scott Allan, George Thorne and Chris Maguire have arrived to bolster numbers.

Following the departure of Henderson and the likely exit of Mullins, more players are expected to be on their way.

And Birch insists he is bearing those restrictions in mind as he looks to continue cutting costs.

He added: ‘We can play only five loans at one time so, obviously, that is going to have an effect.’

Good to see Appy getting the 'vote of confidence' from his boss....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appleton-praised-for-pompey-heroics-1-3616703

By Neil Allen

Published on Tuesday 13 March 2012 10:00

Michael Appleton has been lauded for his Pompey ‘heroics’.

Administrator Trevor Birch has been impressed with the Blues boss as his squad continues to be chopped away.

Stephen Henderson will today follow Erik Huseklepp and Liam Lawrence out of the exit door. Hayden Mullins is the next expected to depart.

In the meantime, Appleton and his shrinking squad have been plunged into a relegation battle.

It is just over four months since he left West Brom as assistant manager to take up the Fratton Park reins.

And in dealing with the crippling restraints, Appleton has impressed Birch.

The Blues’ administrator said: ‘It is heartbreaking for me as a football man to have to let these players go and to have to do it to Michael, who I have got the utmost respect for.

‘He is performing heroics in such incredible, difficult circumstances, they really are.

‘Michael is behaving with such dignity and class.

‘There is an understanding from him about what we are trying to do here and I think that is going to stand him in good stead.

‘He is showing such maturity for such a young manager.’

Meanwhile, Birch admits he is well aware clubs can name a maximum of five loan players in a match-day squad.

As it stands, Scott Allan, George Thorne and Chris Maguire have arrived to bolster numbers.

Following the departure of Henderson and the likely exit of Mullins, more players are expected to be on their way.

And Birch insists he is bearing those restrictions in mind as he looks to continue cutting costs.

He added: ‘We can play only five loans at one time so, obviously, that is going to have an effect.’

It says that more players are on their way in. I thought you could only bring in 5 loan players and play 4? Surely they're close to that already?

Fans heavily subsidised by high-spending clubs 11 Mar 2012

With UEFA keen to ensure clubs' expenditure matches their income, we have carried out some high-level analysis of the subsidy levels that fans currently enjoy. Looking at two clubs currently in the media spotlight (Man City and Portsmouth), we have calculated how much extra the average fan would have to fork-out if they were to pay the market rate for their ticket (based on the club operating on a break even basis).

The results are fairly staggering. Man City fans would have to pay an extra £3,053 a season for their season ticket (or £161 per game) if the owner were to ask the fans to make up the current operating loss through increased ticket prices. It is easy to see why fans do not question or challenge the operating model of the club - the entertainment on offer would be considerably reduced if the club were to pay wages based solely on their operating income. At City, the owner has injected equity into the club to cover the ongoing losses. However, this has not been the situation at Pompey, where the club ran up debt of around £180m over their two recent Administration events.

Pompey fans have enjoyed two Cup finals and 7 years in the top flight on gates of around 18,000. However this has come at a considerable cost and over the last 8 years the club has lost around £1m for each home league game. If fans had had to put their hands in their pockets to pay the full rate for the talent on offer, their season tickets would have been around £1,250 more expensive. Clearly fans would not buy tickets at the 'unsubsidised' rate - for those clubs competing with the high-spendersand operating on a break-even basis, Financial Fair Play cannot come soon enough.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #00FFFF, colspan: 2]Man City[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Loss per season[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]Ave Crowd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2008/9[/TD]

[TD]£92,000,000[/TD]

[TD]42,900[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2009/10[/TD]

[TD]£121,000,000[/TD]

[TD]45,512[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2010/11[/TD]

[TD]£197,000,000[/TD]

[TD]45,880[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]£410,000,000[/TD]

[TD]134,292[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average over 3 season[/TD]

[TD]£136,666,667[/TD]

[TD]44,764[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Home games per season[/TD]

[TD]19[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Loss per game[/TD]

[TD]£7,192,982[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Subsidy for each ticket[/TD]

[TD]£161[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Subsidy for season for 1 supporter[/TD]

[TD]£3,053[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #0000FF, colspan: 2]Portsmouth[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Loss[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]Ave crowd[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Loss over 8 years[/TD]

[TD]£180,000,000[/TD]

[TD]18,000[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average no. Home games per season[/TD]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Loss per game[/TD]

[TD]£1,071,428[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£60[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1,250[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Shouldn't that article be entitled: "How to cheat at football the Pompey way"?

It says that more players are on their way in. I thought you could only bring in 5 loan players and play 4? Surely they're close to that already?

You can bring in as many as you like (I think) but can only name 5 in your match day squad (Birch acknowledges as much at the end of that article)

Absolutely staggering to read that the cess pit LOSES over £1m PER GAME!!!!!!!

TBH I don't think Staggering cuts it as an adjective in this case

Although you lot won't notice it as much as the rest of the planet, at least the Man City & Etihad BRANDS have become closely linked. While we may debate the morals of what Abu Dhabi Inc are doing there, they are at least "leveraging" "The Brand" for "Marketing Purposes" and it is a part of a much wider strategy to build an "Awareness of" and "Tourist Trade" into Abu Dhabi. If you like, their sleepiness was exploited by their upstart neighbour Dubai and the upstart now attracts many millions of Holiday makers a year. AUH is spending that money as part of a bigger game of catch-up.

As an example, Abu Dhabi Airport reported passenger numbers UP 13.9% last year so the spend is reflected as a part of an integrated Brand Building Exercise and DOES actually bring "revenue" that is nothing to do with Football back into "The Nation's Coffers"

But at poopey?

What a marvellous brand they have built up eh?

*insert favourite mobility scooter/barbed wire/Refreshment Van picture here*

Hi, new member here and have been reading this thread with interest for quite a while now.

Pretty epic thread now actually, though it does appear that the Coventry Fans may have started a thread about our fishy friends which is gaining interest, nearly 20000 views now

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/14897-Portsmouth-what-on-earth

PompeyScot, if you're reading this...

My username is atTheHop

I DARE you to ban me.

I bet he won't though. They said they had banned trueblue74 or whatever it was and they hadn't! They're not as ruthless on "scummers" as he wants to make out they are. He's still obsessed with us though. Cretin.

The obsession with POL banning you lot is stupid. Bill (his name's not Scot you muppets) only used to ban scummers who posted the usual "you skates are ****s" type thread. TBF, your main board does the same so it's not exactly a radical policy. There was a banter forum for you guys to use for a while but all that happened was it got (presumably 14 YO Saints fans) posting u skates r thick posts. You just seem to b getting a bit obsessed with the whole thing and more and more of you ar trying to register and post on there which gets stupid. the guy spends his own time running the site and it's a good forum so i cn understand him banning people who only cause him aggro. There are plenty of saints fans who are members who don't get banned, quite a few who PM me fairly regularly on there so it's not a blanket ban.

Anyone know Corp Ho's username on PoL?

Plenty on here do and as I said above, quite a few PM me regularly. If you're a member why not do the same?

I remember going to St Marys one day wondering if it might be the last time. I didn't expect to see a team play well, I didn't bail out because we'd lost players, I can't even recall who was playing for us, I didn't care who was wearing the shirt. It was just about being there as a show of support, because the team I'd watched with my Dad might disappear, and all those memories of the previous 30 years would be lost with the club. It was time to stand up and be counted. So putting rivalry aside, how can so many pompey fans stand by and watch the club disappear?

1. So you think no tickets will be sol between now and Saturday and we'll only have 11K there. Interesting concept.

2. How can Pompey fans stand by and not go? Same reason so many Saints fans didn't go the reason you were releagated I assume. let's not forget your average that season was about 2K more than we're getting this year.

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #0000ff, colspan: 2]Portsmouth[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Loss[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£180,000,000[/TD]

[TD]18,000[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Loss per game[/TD]

[TD]£1,071,428[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£60[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1,250[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

As for these figures above, do they include TV money because I don't believe we lost an average of £22m a year over the past 8 years.

The obsession with POL banning you lot is stupid. Bill (his name's not Scot you muppets) only used to ban scummers who posted the usual "you skates are ****s" type thread. TBF, your main board does the same so it's not exactly a radical policy. There was a banter forum for you guys to use for a while but all that happened was it got (presumably 14 YO Saints fans) posting u skates r thick posts. You just seem to b getting a bit obsessed with the whole thing and more and more of you ar trying to register and post on there which gets stupid. the guy spends his own time running the site and it's a good forum so i cn understand him banning people who only cause him aggro. There are plenty of saints fans who are members who don't get banned, quite a few who PM me fairly regularly on there so it's not a blanket ban.

Plenty on here do and as I said above, quite a few PM me regularly. If you're a member why not do the same?

1. So you think no tickets will be sol between now and Saturday and we'll only have 11K there. Interesting concept.

2. How can Pompey fans stand by and not go? Same reason so many Saints fans didn't go the reason you were releagated I assume. let's not forget your average that season was about 2K more than we're getting this year.

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #0000ff, colspan: 2]Portsmouth

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Loss

[/TD]

[TD=colspan: 2]Ave crowd

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Loss over 8 years

[/TD]

[TD]£180,000,000

[/TD]

[TD]18,000

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Average no. Home games per season

[/TD]

[TD]21

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Loss per game

[/TD]

[TD]£1,071,428

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Subsidy for each ticket

[/TD]

[TD]£60

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Subsidy for season for 1 supporter

[/TD]

[TD]£1,250

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

As for these figures above, do they include TV money because I don't believe we lost an average of £22m a year over the past 8 years.

£22m x 8 years = £176m which is not too far off what you have blown off in the last two admins. Maybe the numbers aren't that far off the mark.

No corpy, I think it is more a case of 170 million in 3 - 4 years ;)

As for what is or isnt included, I think it is safe to say that the figures are flawed. Not least as they are based on attendances of 18,000 and the assumption that tickets will be at normal price (Not hugely discounted).

So true to form, things are actually worse than those figures suggest.

Oh and can you lot sell your last 1000 tickets for St Mary's please. We want as many of you there as possible.....gonna be a good day.

quite mind blowing the lack of numbers packing the park, as i pointed out to them that is not many more than the basic ST holders/ST holders for life. 9750 home tickets shifted with the rest going at non-league prices... if AA thought 14,000 (or was it 16,000) was required to break even they will need well over 20,000 at these drastically reduced prices.

Anyone know Corp Ho's username on PoL?

Pretty sure its Banker. One of the more prominent figures on POL which is telling.

The funny thing is that they're all up in arms and indignant on their site about this but if anyone goes on their main board and does the equivalent of the "skates are stupid" posts that most of them try and do on here they're banned instantly.

I think their relegation and seeing us win the cup has genuinely scarred them. I mean, a 1200 page thread going into the minutest detail about your rivals analysing every single news article (and I mean every article) that comes out in the minutest detail and speculating the most wild and ridiculous conspiracy theories this side of the X Files isn't normal behaviour is it? The funniest thing is when they say they don't care about us. There's quite a few posters on that mega thread that have posted more on there than they have abou their own team on their main board

My account is pretty much soley dedicated to this thread now and has been for a while. The main forum is a bit dull on here what with all the moaning and whinging, I prefer to save my three posts to the hilarity on here.

With regard to every single detail, someone has to do it and it certainly isnt a job the skates seem capable of handling.

It takes a hefty amount of speculation and discussion to get there, but us bed wetting nutjobs have called it right everytime so far and will continue to do so.

No wonder so many skates have to visit this thread to find out whats happening at their club.

Hi, new member here and have been reading this thread with interest for quite a while now.

Pretty epic thread now actually, though it does appear that the Coventry Fans may have started a thread about our fishy friends which is gaining interest, nearly 20000 views now

Welcome to this magnificent thread st_ockholm sindrome. I do sympathise with the likes of Coventry who are cutting their cloth accordingly, only to be sh*t on by pompeys cheating antics - it must be absolutely sickening.

it's a good forum so i cn understand him banning people who only cause him aggro. There are plenty of saints fans who are members who don't get banned, quite a few who PM me fairly regularly on there so it's not a blanket ban.

It is rather funny the idea that there are loads of 'scummers' lurking around on POL, some with thousands of posts. My feet are firmly under the table, I get 'likes' and all sorts from fellow contributors. It is a very nice forum layout I must say, despite the lack of decent content from posters.

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #0000ff, colspan: 2]Portsmouth[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Loss[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£180,000,000[/TD]

[TD]18,000[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]21[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Loss per game[/TD]

[TD]£1,071,428[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£60[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]£1,250[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Then why was I originally banned then for no reason other than the fact I introduced myself as a saints fan?

I'm not sure I understand your attendance argument....

Are you suggesting that we had a better attendance than you during our relegation season? Or are you suggesting that you have the better attendance because you have less people going? Or are you suggesting that the attendances are exactly the same as 2,000 people at 23 home games (circa £920,000 @ £20 a pop), is actually meaningless thus we are the same?

#confusedatcorps'sargument

Who is behind that website? IMHO it would enhance credibility greatly if you knew who was posting the info.

Oh, they seem to "get it" all right judging by that thread. Coventry is an old flame of mine (since we shared a room with them in the basement of the PL in the 90's) and they certainly give me no reason to dislike them at the moment ;)

Just been thinking about the creditors who are going to lose out as part of Admin 2. And have decided the daft b astards deserve to get stuffed for being thick enough to deal with the DFCSB's on credit terms. Seriously, you would need to be a complete nutjob to trade with them after what they did in Admin 1. Disgusting club. Die soon.

Edited by Kingsbridge Saint