Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

You can add to that list:

or if the start a second successive season while still in administration

or if they exit administration without a CVA

IF they get to next season, to avoid starting with a whopping points penalty, they have to exit administration before August, and do it with a CVA voted for by Baker Tilley and/or HMRC.

That's August 2013, not the start of next season.

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:07

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text, bgcolor: #FFFFFF][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Gosport Fairy

Assuming the new club start at level 9 in the pyramid next season will The News still treat them as their main sports story or will attention turn to the newly promoted Premier League club just down the road [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:08

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text, bgcolor: #FFFFFF][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]phprAgigxstevewilson.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Steve:

Ha - no chance. I'm detecting someone of red and white persuasion behind enemy lines here. Don't the Echo run webchats on your club to discuss or are Pompey that much more interesting??! [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:09

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Southsea Nick

I don't quite understand the reaction to My Sibleys comment on titter - he kinda had a point that the money used for the tables could have been used to pay a little to 1 of the charities owed under 2500 pounds. Remember them? We should and not expect too much smpathy [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:10

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Steve:

Maybe - just thought it lacked some class. [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:11

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Stephen

Steve, I'm sure you've seen the foruns on this site, full of them down the road, I'm amazed Pompey is so interesting to them! [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:13

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Steve:

I do find it strange as well. If the roles were reversed, I honestly think that most Pompey fans would be more bothered about their own club. Hey ho - you can't legislate for everyone though. And everyone is welcome on here - I'm happy to take questions from Southampton fans... [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

13:14

Comment From Guest

unfair on gosport fairy..i know him and he is blue through and through..do nto be so disrespectful...doubt you will post this

Got one in:)

and his reply

3:16

Steve:

Ok - well why would the "Portsmouth" News switch horses to cover Southampton?? Have a word with Gosport Fairy next time you see him and tell him not to be a chump from me, (accompanied by cheeky grin and said in the nicest possible way that wouldn't get me killed...)

13:14

Comment From Guest

unfair on gosport fairy..i know him and he is blue through and through..do nto be so disrespectful...doubt you will post this

Got one in:)

and his reply

3:16

Steve:

Ok - well why would the "Portsmouth" News switch horses to cover Southampton?? Have a word with Gosport Fairy next time you see him and tell him not to be a chump from me, (accompanied by cheeky grin and said in the nicest possible way that wouldn't get me killed...)

Starting to feel sorry for "Steve", poor sod doesn't know what to believe. And if "Gosport Fairy" was the first Saint he spotted on there he can give up any ideas of a career in investigative journalism.

For the record I am NOT blue through and through and how the **** do you know me? :lol:

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:22

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]spacer.gif[/TD]

[TD][Comment From Saints fan in peace Saints fan in peace : ]

I've never ospted on any PFC site before but to explain why some do ... It will take a long time before saints fans forgive the way Portmsouth fans booed during the minute's silence for Ted Bates at St Mary's. It's really no surprise some are still bitter [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

Wednesday March 14, 2012 13:22 Saints fan in peace

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:23

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]phprAgigxstevewilson.jpgspacer.gif[/TD]

[TD]Steve:

I was there at that game and it was about five drunk blokes. Then the Saints fans booed the drunk Pompey fans booing and the minute's silence was stopped. So again, a minority spoil it when the majority are perfectly well behaved. [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

Wednesday March 14, 2012 13:23 Steve

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:26

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Steve:

Anyway, I'm now getting overrun with Southampton fans disputing my version of events when I was actually there in the away end that night and saw it happen - how do you get idiots to shut up in a minute's silence?? Anyway... [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

Wednesday March 14, 2012 13:26 Steve

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

You really are a total f* ckwit, Steve. The football creditors were paid by the Premier League directly from your ill gotten parachute payments. If they'd paid the parachute payments to you lot, most of it would have disappeared. Talking about defending the indefensible.

Oh Johnnykins, I was having some pasta for lunch but I'll put the pesto aside to answer you.

What the **** does it matter? Parachute payments are paid to all relegated clubs so if that's how the football creditors were paid, so what? That's still £20m+ of the CVA that has been paid despite ridiculous comments from your fans saying "not a penny's been paid". As for "ill gotten" - what a crock of ****. Pompey were promoted to the PL on the back of investment from a wealthy owner (Mandaric) just like you were promoted from L1 with backing from Liebherr. Where's the difference and therefore why ill gotten?

So like Steve said, £164m, not £180m. You'll be fine then

It doesnt matter how you got there, that's the figure whether you like it or not

No it's not. He still double counted Chainrai's money. And it still ignores the other point about how much of the "debt" is not money that was racked up by tranfers and wages but questionable debts loaded onto the club by previous owners

Fully accept that the CVA payment (16 mil)l and Chinny's money (17 mill) have been counted twice............ So we can agree on 150 milllion... phew, I thought you lot were in financial trouble for a moment. Intresting if it is true (I will leave it to the experts to confirm - That's not you by the way corp) that once the CVA has formally failed that the debts return back to the original amounts. Anyway, ultimately you are right, so doc 33 million from 180. The point about nearly 60 million is trying to count chinnys debt a 3rd time and you didnt mention sacha who obviously did spend money on players and fa cups - things like that.

As for being in trouble if the Liebherr's pulled out, how the fook do you know??? We know we aren't a million miles off breaking even based on last years figures and tthis seasons attendances, we have the large majority (On paper) of the Chamberlain money left and we with a fair wind are 10 games of a 70 million pound windfall. Every regular first teamer is locked down to a minimum two years left on their contract and it seems if we make it, that they will be given a chance in the prem, which would give us one of, if not the lowest wage bills in the league.

But the parts you guys always convniently leave out from the £120m is how much of it is not football related. You keep posting that it was funded by Arkadi yet once Gaydamak pulled away it transpired that it was money loaned from banks and we had to repay £35-£40m. part of the £120m you've loving quoted was the £30m that al Fahim agreed to pay gaydamak for the land around the ground - way above the market value and another debt loaded onto the club (much like the £5m Fahim "loaned" the club to buy itself or the £1.5m owed to al Faraj). Or the £17m "charge" Chainrai has on the ground. None of this is debt the club ahs run up - as you are posting on here. Not to mention the money that was siphoned out of the club by Chainrai and Azougy as confirmed in the piece from The Telegraph linked in Mike Hall's article that someone's posted a link to on here today. If you guys could actually admit to any of this I might have some respect for you but it's all swept aside in your rush to demonise us.

As for your comments about Liebherr and not being a million miles from breaking even, if I don't know how do you? We've both had the same set of acounts to look at. the fact is your wage bill in your first year in L1 was £12m+ and that can only have increased (and pobably by a significant sum) you lost £9m (including the whole holding company) that year and had at least £7m to pay to creditors last year. You made a loss to gain pomotion - is that cheating? I se no difference between that and what you accuse us of doing to win the cup

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]13:28

[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Steve:

Ok folks - I've gone way over my allotted time for today. Thanks to all of you for joining me. Yep, even all the Southampton fans who now want me to meet my demise in a freak yachting accident... [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17365351

Portsmouth administrator Trevor Birch says Balram Chainrai not stumbling block

Portsmouth's administrator Trevor Birch says major creditor Balram Chainrai is not a stumbling block in his pursuit to sell the financially-stricken club.

Chainrai is still owed £17m by Pompey, and holds Fratton Park as security, but Birch says that is not an issue.

And he revealed if the club are liquidated, Chainrai would not take possession of the ground as a result.

"The £17m he has secured on the club is not a stumbling block in finding a new buyer," Birch told BBC Radio Solent.

Chainrai first became involved with Portsmouth in 2010, lending them £17m and taking Fratton Park as security.

Trevor Birch - Key points

• All the £800,000 from recent Football League payments will go to club - "unless other creditors come out of the woodwork."

• Unsure why Chainrai is vilified by fans - confirmed Chainrai has lent the club money - and doesn't see his security over the club as a stumbling block to selling Pompey.

• If the club are liquidated, then the liquidator sells the club - and proceeds would go to charge-holder (Chainrai).

• Chainrai does not take possession of Fratton Park if the club is liquidated. The administrator does.

• There are two or three interested parties he's working with, trying to show them that the club could next season make a small loss only, rather than large current losses due to player wages.

• If Pompey were relegated, they would lose about £1m of Football League revenue, and while some players have relegation release clauses in their contracts, others do not and the cost base for the club doesn't decrease that greatly.

The club were eventually sold to Convers Sports Initiatives - who agreed a deal to buy the club in the summer of 2011. Their main financial backer was Russian Vladimir Antonov.

But in late 2011 Antonov's bank was placed into administration in Lithuania. He was accused of asset-stripping, arrested and remains on bail pending extradition hearings.

Then, CSI - Antonov's company and Pompey's ultimate owner - was placed into administration.

It later emerged that, although CSI had bought the club from Chainrai, the Hong Kong businessman still had security on the ground, and was owed £17m through his company - Portpin - which is registered in the British Virgin Islands.

Anybody wanting to buy the club would have to address Chainrai's debt and deal with another former owner Alexandre Gaydamak - who owns the land around the ground.

But his security could be devalued by the courts if Birch asks for a ruling on its true worth.

Chainrai has since said he will not let the club go under and that he will write off some of the £17m he is owed by Pompey if Birch can find someone else to take charge.

And Birch admitted he was unsure why Chainrai was so vilified by fans, especially considering he saved them in 2010.

"I don't know the history so I can't comment, it seems to be circumstantial evidence in terms of what is forming people's perceptions," he added.

"Undoubtedly he has put money in, he will say he has saved the club before it went into administration.

Continue reading the main story

“Every pound we get is going towards trying to save the season. Anything left after that is being used to save the club. Once we get through to the end of the season we fall off very quickly”

Trevor Birch

"It's difficult for me to comment, I wasn't there and I don't know what went on in the past.

"He has put money into the club and whether he can step back in is a separate situation because the club needs an extraordinary amount of money for next season and I'm not sure he would want to put himself back in that position.

Birch added: "If the club are liquidated it is up to the liquidator to sell Fratton Park. Balram Chainrai does not inherit the ground if the club are liquidated. It is the liquidator who will deal with those assets."

Birch also revealed he has two or three interested parties in the Championship club, who if relegated will lose around £1m in Football League distribution money.

"There are two or three interested parties at this stage," he said.

"But at this stage it is not imminent that they will make a bid.

"We are still working with them and trying to run through scenarios with them that show the club can break even next season or make just a small loss.

"Rather than the large loss it is showing at the moment because of the legacy of player contracts it has."

He added: "Every pound we get is going towards trying to save the season. Anything left after that is being used to save the club. Once we get through to the end of the season we fall off very quickly.

"The only income we can get is from the Football League and our own attendances.

"We fall off a cliff at the end of the season so most of my work is looking at securing the club's future beyond that."

Love the in bold line

I see Ho's throwing lots of **** in our direction again today in the hope that it'll distract from the continuing farce down his end of the M27. Ignore his retarded arguments chaps. He either knows he's wrong and is here on the WU or he actually thinks he's correct. The latter is more scary but either way, trying to reason with him is like trying to reason with a woman on the blob.

Oh Johnnykins, I was having some pasta for lunch but I'll put the pesto aside to answer you.

What the **** does it matter? Parachute payments are paid to all relegated clubs so if that's how the football creditors were paid, so what? That's still £20m+ of the CVA that has been paid despite ridiculous comments from your fans saying "not a penny's been paid". As for "ill gotten" - what a crock of ****. Pompey were promoted to the PL on the back of investment from a wealthy owner (Mandaric) just like you were promoted from L1 with backing from Liebherr. Where's the difference and therefore why ill gotten?

1. Pompey didn't pay a penny to football creditors, the Premier League did.
  2. Pompey survived in the Premier League to (not)collect their parachute payments, on the back of local businesses, charities and the taxpayer (that's you and me, toyboy)
  3. Southampton Football Club paid back every creditor in full.

Now get back to your Pot Noodles and look forward to St. Marys on the 7th April. It'll be two hours of ritual humiliation....

As for your comments about Liebherr and not being a million miles from breaking even, if I don't know how do you? We've both had the same set of acounts to look at. the fact is your wage bill in your first year in L1 was £12m+ and that can only have increased (and pobably by a significant sum) you lost £9m (including the whole holding company) that year and had at least £7m to pay to creditors last year. You made a loss to gain pomotion - is that cheating? I se no difference between that and what you accuse us of doing to win the cup

I give up..seriously.....and your figures aren't correct anyway (Not that it matters)

Chainrai does not take possession of Fratton Park if the club is liquidated. The administrator does.

And then sells it (to the highest bidder) and pays creditors with the proceeds. Either way, Chinny gets his cash or "buys" Fratton.

Birch added: "If the club are liquidated it is up to the liquidator to sell Fratton Park. Balram Chainrai does not inherit the ground if the club are liquidated. It is the liquidator who will deal with those assets."

As above.

But his security could be devalued by the courts if Birch asks for a ruling on its true worth.

There's not going to be much raised by liquidation anyway, so it'd have to be devalued by some amount to make any difference. AND that process would take an awful long time.

No matter what Birchy says, he can't shake Chinny that easily.

I see Ho's throwing lots of **** in our direction again today in the hope that it'll distract from the continuing farce down his end of the M27. Ignore his retarded arguments chaps. He either knows he's wrong and is here on the WU or he actually thinks he's correct. The latter is more scary but either way, trying to reason with him is like trying to reason with a woman on the blob.
the difference is that a woman on the blob only stays like it for a few days.

It is comical how he tries to argue that the money was not football related,I assume the 90k a week paid to the likes of Crouch etc was paid out of the gate receipts. We told him under MM that they were overspending but as always he wouldnt have it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17365351

Portsmouth administrator Trevor Birch says Balram Chainrai not stumbling block

Portsmouth's administrator Trevor Birch says major creditor Balram Chainrai is not a stumbling block in his pursuit to sell the financially-stricken club.

Chainrai is still owed £17m by Pompey, and holds Fratton Park as security, but Birch says that is not an issue.

And he revealed if the club are liquidated, Chainrai would not take possession of the ground as a result.

"The £17m he has secured on the club is not a stumbling block in finding a new buyer," Birch told BBC Radio Solent.

Chainrai first became involved with Portsmouth in 2010, lending them £17m and taking Fratton Park as security.

Trevor Birch - Key points

• All the £800,000 from recent Football League payments will go to club - "unless other creditors come out of the woodwork."

• Unsure why Chainrai is vilified by fans - confirmed Chainrai has lent the club money - and doesn't see his security over the club as a stumbling block to selling Pompey.

• If the club are liquidated, then the liquidator sells the club - and proceeds would go to charge-holder (Chainrai).

• Chainrai does not take possession of Fratton Park if the club is liquidated. The administrator does.

• There are two or three interested parties he's working with, trying to show them that the club could next season make a small loss only, rather than large current losses due to player wages.

• If Pompey were relegated, they would lose about £1m of Football League revenue, and while some players have relegation release clauses in their contracts, others do not and the cost base for the club doesn't decrease that greatly.

The club were eventually sold to Convers Sports Initiatives - who agreed a deal to buy the club in the summer of 2011. Their main financial backer was Russian Vladimir Antonov.

But in late 2011 Antonov's bank was placed into administration in Lithuania. He was accused of asset-stripping, arrested and remains on bail pending extradition hearings.

Then, CSI - Antonov's company and Pompey's ultimate owner - was placed into administration.

It later emerged that, although CSI had bought the club from Chainrai, the Hong Kong businessman still had security on the ground, and was owed £17m through his company - Portpin - which is registered in the British Virgin Islands.

Anybody wanting to buy the club would have to address Chainrai's debt and deal with another former owner Alexandre Gaydamak - who owns the land around the ground.

Chainrai has since said he will not let the club go under and that he will write off some of the £17m he is owed by Pompey if Birch can find someone else to take charge.

And Birch admitted he was unsure why Chainrai was so vilified by fans, especially considering he saved them in 2010.

"I don't know the history so I can't comment, it seems to be circumstantial evidence in terms of what is forming people's perceptions," he added.

"Undoubtedly he has put money in, he will say he has saved the club before it went into administration.

Continue reading the main story

“Every pound we get is going towards trying to save the season. Anything left after that is being used to save the club. Once we get through to the end of the season we fall off very quickly”

Trevor Birch

"It's difficult for me to comment, I wasn't there and I don't know what went on in the past.

"He has put money into the club and whether he can step back in is a separate situation because the club needs an extraordinary amount of money for next season and I'm not sure he would want to put himself back in that position.

Birch also revealed he has two or three interested parties in the Championship club, who if relegated will lose around £1m in Football League distribution money.

"There are two or three interested parties at this stage," he said.

"But at this stage it is not imminent that they will make a bid.

"We are still working with them and trying to run through scenarios with them that show the club can break even next season or make just a small loss.

"Rather than the large loss it is showing at the moment because of the legacy of player contracts it has."

He added: "Every pound we get is going towards trying to save the season. Anything left after that is being used to save the club. Once we get through to the end of the season we fall off very quickly.

"The only income we can get is from the Football League and our own attendances.

"We fall off a cliff at the end of the season so most of my work is looking at securing the club's future beyond that."

Love the in bold line

article-0-0CAD307700000578-554_634x392.jpg

It would have been better for Birch to say that he was a stumbling block because if he isn't then what is? He is only after £17m so could the fact that they have other huge debts, a crumbling stadium, no squad, no infrastructure and no serious buyers out there be the stumbling block?

@solentsport: Chainrai not the bad guy - Birch: Portsmouth's administrator Trevor Birch says major creditor Balram Chainrai is... http://t.co/7dHiQijj

What the fook does birch know??? If can't be true, Corpy has told us for two years that Chinny never put any money. Can't believe Birch has fallen for it. Corpy, time to get down there with your friend you see socially every now and again and put him straight. Sort this mess out.

ROFL

One day lil ole Steve is gonna work out that there is not a single phew on his web chat

PMSL... it must be nearly 9/10 contributors of his web chats coming from us! We are an encyclopedia for all DCFSB knowledge, we could advise Birch, the FL, the Snooze, even Lord Chainrai.

I managed to squeeze a couple in!

What the **** does it matter?

No it's not. He still double counted Chainrai's money.

I might have some respect for you but it's all swept aside in your rush to demonise us.

A nice little Tesco pasta pot for you Corporate? Lunch at the toyshop computer finding out whats happening at you club via Saintsweb? There will be a wonderful new Tescos opening up in Fratton soon hopefully! Fingers crossed for you Corporate!

You might as well double count Chinnys debt, hes raping you for so much interest it must be getting bigger and bigger by the day. Chinny, the man, the legend, the Saint!

Dont worry about respect Corporate, all you need to worry about is jealousy, envy, bitterness, neckache and shame.

We dont demonise you, we condem you.

@solentsport: Chainrai not the bad guy - Birch: Portsmouth's administrator Trevor Birch says major creditor Balram Chainrai is... http://t.co/7dHiQijj

Chainrai isnt the bad guy, as he said "I lent the club money when the banks wouldnt give them a penny"... PMSL

He saved you, when the credible institutions wouldnt touch you, Chinny stepped in to save the day @ 24% interest!

He shouldnt be villified, he should have a statue outside his stadium (if Gaddy will let him).

As for him not owning the stadium, its right that it is currently just a charge on the assets and if Birch liquidates all the money raised gets given to Chinny. Of course he can just reposses the ground if he likes, as they will renege on his loan. Or simply increase any offers to buy the wreck by £1.

As long as Gaddy sticks to his guns and the ground is landlocked the plan will have worked perfectly.

chinnyChin.gif

the difference is that a woman on the blob only stays like it for a few days.

I think you are still being unfair as we are still intelligent and rational: just a bit irritated with people being stupid. I'm past that age but reading Corp brings back irritable feelings. Well, actually I don't read his indigestible regurgitations and leave that to others with more patience. I keep my patience for teaching my 9 year olds, but don't actually need as much as when I used to read Ho.

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:40[/TD]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Pompey Medic

I hear that Paul Walsh is fronting bid with Charles Lissack, the ex-Watford director.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:40[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]Steve:

Not heard that. Always happy to chuck these rumours out there to be shot down![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

fb_share2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Bloody hell, they are slow, it was on here AGES ago...

No it's not. He still double counted Chainrai's money. And it still ignores the other point about how much of the "debt" is not money that was racked up by tranfers and wages but questionable debts loaded onto the club by previous owners

When are you going to realise that nothing you say has any credibility and anything you might post that has any connection to the truth is going to be disregarded? given all the previous crap you've come out with.. Why do you do it to yourself? What do you gain by making yourself look like an idiot on a messageboard full of people who already think you're an idiot? How much time of your life that you could have spent with your family have you wasted on here? You're the biggest loser I have ever come across

On one hand you've got the delusional Toyboy (anyone remember that chant from the 70s "p*mpey boys, make more noise, when they play with Tonka Toys, la-la-la..."? corpy must have been around back then).

And on the other you have rallyboy. Every post brings a smile...the bloke's a fookin' genius.

FAF. So you've added £50m current debts onto the original debt figure without realising(although Granty got halfway there) that most of that is debt from the original £120m (£16m for the CVA, Chainrai's mystical £17m). Then of course there's the fact that nearly £60m of the original £120m is "debt" that we supposedly owed to previous owners who loaded it onto the club (e.g the £5m fahim is somehow owed plus £1.5m to al Faraj FFS). If we'd run up debts of £180m on signing players and paying wages then I'd say fair enough and agreed with you. But it's simply wrong. Like the comment abou not paying a penny towards the CVA when we've actually paid £20m+ to the football creditors - and before anyone says anything, they're secured so have o be paid first.

But your club didn't pay it! Nobody trusted you to, it was paid from PPs without any DFCSBs acting as a middleman.

I thought last week TB said they could make it to the end of the season, today he's saying it's not certain again.

Which is it then?

As I said way back. PR stunt to get people to part with their cash, the Football League or FA, whoever, fell for it and handed it out. Who knows what really is going on.

It seems obvious they're gone in the summer. No fans have the money required, no businessmen would go near it, there's little hope. They will make the end of the season, but that's little mercy given that'll just provide relegation and likely finishing their final season bottom of the league.

Without mocking and rivalry, I am interested what their plans for AFC Pompey are. Doesn't this need to be sorted ASAP? They don't want to be clubless next season. Surely it's time to get this going, accept what's happened, stop defending the indefensible, blaming everyone else and getting aggressive, and actually move on? This way they can have a proper club in August looking towards its first promotion, without the underlying mess of recent years, and with an optimistic and honest future.

If they do go into liquidation then it needs to be prior to 31 May because any phoenix club will need to register with whatever league they want to go into by then

Time is so important you cannot buy time,so with that in mind and this thread so much fun,taking up so much of it i decided a few weeks ago never again to read one word of "the ho".

It works really well all you have to do is read everything else and you realise how much rubbish he spouts without actually looking at it. Give it a try my lovely's

Is anybody else in ?

It seems obvious they're gone in the summer. No fans have the money required, no businessmen would go near it, there's little hope. They will make the end of the season, but that's little mercy given that'll just provide relegation and likely finishing their final season bottom of the league.

Without mocking and rivalry, I am interested what their plans for AFC Pompey are. Doesn't this need to be sorted ASAP? They don't want to be clubless next season. Surely it's time to get this going, accept what's happened, stop defending the indefensible, blaming everyone else and getting aggressive, and actually move on? This way they can have a proper club in August looking towards its first promotion, without the underlying mess of recent years, and with an optimistic and honest future.

Agree, if I was a skate (thank God i'm not) I would be favouring the best exit plan which would see my "reborn" club entering the highest league possible while keeping the original club identity/tradition/heritage. There is just too much baggage and skeletons in the cupboard for P*mpey FC to stay as they are. Liquidate, get out, reform, start afresh at the bottom, whatever it takes and maybe in 50 years reach the same level as Southampton. But in the meantime lose your arrogance, accept you only got what and where you did from living wildly above your means, you had a couple of seasons of pleasure but now you are going to have to pay with half a century of humility. Adios and Bon Chance it was nice knowing you. Shut the door on your way out.

If they do go into liquidation then it needs to be prior to 31 May because any phoenix club will need to register with whatever league they want to go into by then

Out of curiosity, does it cost anything to register a club in the lower leagues and if so, how much? Just wondering if it's something they'll do regardless of the final outcome so they can play out both eventualities alongside eachother?

Time is so important you cannot buy time,so with that in mind and this thread so much fun,taking up so much of it i decided a few weeks ago never again to read one word of "the ho".

It works really well all you have to do is read everything else and you realise how much rubbish he spouts without actually looking at it. Give it a try my lovely's

Is anybody else in ?

Been doing that for months!

Edited by andysstuff

Out of curiosity, does it cost anything to register a club in the lower leagues and if so, how much? Just wondering if it's something they'll do regardless of the final outcome so they can play out both eventualities alongside eachother?

Many leagues charge an entry fee per season and also collect a refundable deposit which you get back if you fulfil all your fixtures, I have no exoerience on what it costs for Southern/Wessex leagues

Many leagues charge an entry fee per season and also collect a refundable deposit which you get back if you fulfil all your fixtures' date=' I have no exoerience on what it costs for Southern/Wessex leagues[/quote']

I'm just wondering if we need to refrain the euphoria on here if/when the day comes where someone spots that a registration has been submitted. If its a relatively low cost exercise then they might do it simply as a parallel 'plan b' exercise

Many leagues charge an entry fee per season and also collect a refundable deposit which you get back if you fulfil all your fixtures' date=' I have no exoerience on what it costs for Southern/Wessex leagues[/quote']

I think they will be allowed into either Conference South or the Conference, because their 'massive' crowds of the bestest will be too much for Southern League grounds. But even in the Conference they will find comparable sized clubs - Luton, Grimsby, Plymouth quite possibly, and a dozen other ex-league teams, so it is by no means a given that they will walk it, particularly if they can't buy their way out.

The Skates imagine that they will waltz their way back to the Champ in about five glorious seasons, but a couple of years in the Conference could easily see attendances down at less that 5K and the cup final will be a fading memory. At that stage I might just feel that karma has been fulfilled.

When are you going to realise that nothing you say has any credibility and anything you might post that has any connection to the truth is going to be disregarded? given all the previous crap you've come out with.. Why do you do it to yourself? What do you gain by making yourself look like an idiot on a messageboard full of people who already think you're an idiot? How much time of your life that you could have spent with your family have you wasted on here? You're the biggest loser I have ever come across

I'm not having that.

There's one in Eastbourne...!!