Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

VAT? What's that?

Lol

I just don't follow Birch's reasoning in reducing tickets to £9.50. It's going to **** off season ticket holders and those who have paid full price, which might be worthwhile if it meant theyd really 'pack the park'. But surely any decent PFC fan (I know, I know ...) would already be going to this game whether it costs £9.50 or £25. It's pretty much the most important game of the season so far for them.

Are they going to refund the difference to those who have already paid more?

Even if not, £9.50 will hardly cover the costs of stewarding and extra police etc. .. oh and errm cleaning the toilets.

Blooming heck.

Selling tickets for £9.75 That's about £7.50 after VAT

Might as well stick the CLOSING DOWN SALE stickers in the window at FP.

Probably hoping to make money by getting people to pay to be let out early!

Lol

I just don't follow Birch's reasoning in reducing tickets to £9.50. It's going to **** off season ticket holders and those who have paid full price, which might be worthwhile if it meant theyd really 'pack the park'. But surely any decent PFC fan (I know, I know ...) would already be going to this game whether it costs £9.50 or £25. It's pretty much the most important game of the season so far for them.

Even if not, £9.50 will hardly cover the costs of stewarding and extra police etc. .. oh and errm cleaning the toilets.

I guess one reason is if you are trying to sell the club then having a half empty stadium will not look good to the prospective buyer?

2. How can Pompey fans stand by and not go? Same reason so many Saints fans didn't go the reason you were releagated I assume. let's not forget your average that season was about 2K more than we're getting this year.

It's been posted on here several times how dramatically our attendances increased after admin was announced (well ignored once again). We didn't just stand by and let it happen, we went along to support our crap team for the good of the club.

Yet despite all the price promotions and pack the park campaigns, Pomp*y are struggling get to break even point.

See if you can spot when we went into admin....

21 February 2009 Preston North End 14,790

28 February 2009 Cardiff City 18,526

10 March 2009 Derby County 17,567

14 March 2009 QPR 18,691

4 April 2009 Charlton Athletic 27,228

13 April 2009 Crystal Palace 23,220

25 April 2009 Burnley 23,927

Edited by Golden Balls

Can I suggest that anyone who paid full price (they must have done a while ago' date=' these reductions were in place all last week I think) then contact the Ticket Office and ask for refundvouchers.[/quote']

I'm not sure that's really the plan, but then I don't consider myself one of the bestest

Fair point -- as long as any propsective buyer doesn't look too close!

They should have a painting of a crowd, like the one at Highbury a few years ago. They could even paint TCWTB on it. That should fool any prospective buyer into throwing his money into the abyss.

2. How can Pompey fans stand by and not go? Same reason so many Saints fans didn't go the reason you were releagated I assume. let's not forget your average that season was about 2K more than we're getting this year.

Remind me, what year did we get relegated? Oh yes, 2004/2005. Average attendance that season was approx 30,600. So by your maths, Pompey are getting £28k attendance this season?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/southampton-fc/zuschauerzahlen/verein_180.html

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/southampton-fc/spielplan/verein_180_2004.html

Well done for being clueless once again. The more drivel you post like that, the less anyone will believe anything else you say.

Lol

Closing down sale strategy...get in what you can regardless of ticket price and then close/ do a runner/ pay creditors a percentage of what's there rather than a liquidation auction value.

To my mind there's no hope of a sale so £1 is better than £0 when you're paying the Sea Scouts to cart off the shredded hamster bedding (unless of course they don't bother to pay the Sea Scouts.

According to the News, only 12,100 tickets have been sold so far for the crucial 6 pointer against Bristol City including 2,500 away fans.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-price-cut-for-crucial-city-clash-1-3616689

Bestest fans ever .

I'm actually surprised at that dismal turn-out. Bristol City at home is surely the BIG game of their season - win it and they have a shout at surviving, lose it and it probably is all over. Our last few CCC games, when we were in admin and looking doomed, were all 20K plus. Surely thast is what good support is about.

Remind me, what year did we get relegated? Oh yes, 2004/2005. Average attendance that season was approx 30,600. So by your maths, Pompey are getting £28k attendance this season?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/southampton-fc/zuschauerzahlen/verein_180.html

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/southampton-fc/spielplan/verein_180_2004.html

Well done for being clueless once again. The more drivel you post like that, the less anyone will believe anything else you say.

To be fair to Corp, I don't think he's talking about that particular relegation.

£9.50 a ticket for arguably their most important game of the season - lose this and I think they are definitely down - Farton should be bursting at the seams - no excuses. The DFCSB's cry out for help from every quarter, want fans of other clubs to come and support them as a show of unity, but can't be bothered to shell out less than a tenner in their hour of need.

As with much of the goings on down there - it just beggars belief.

Lol

That bit is easy. When each "fan" takes his seat, all he has to do is wiggle his ass a bit ...... and his part of the "toilet" is cleaned.

Lol

I just don't follow Birch's reasoning in reducing tickets to £9.50. It's going to **** off season ticket holders ......

Not really a concern is it. I mean, however much it ****es them off it's not like there will be a ST next season for them to refuse to buy.

It's been posted on here several times how dramatically our attendances increased after admin was announced (well ignored once again). We didn't just stand by and let it happen, we went along to support our crap team for the good of the club.

Yet despite all the price promotions and pack the park campaigns, Pomp*y are struggling get to break even point.

14 March 2009 QPR 18,691

This was also the first game after Lowe was booted out (for the second time after alienating fans by sneaking back in). It should also be pointed out that this was all to watch a weakened side (we actually shipped out the better ones to cut costs) fight relegation whereas the skates have only suddenly been dumped down there.

Our biggest gate that season was just under 32,000 btw.

p*rtsmyth - the biggest myth in football.

Average attendances

Poopey 11/12 14,880

Saints 08/09 17,849

So about 3k difference.

Question is have poopey managed more than 17,849 apart from the games against us and wet sham?

Probably Brighton and Leeds, all of us took 3,000 there to boost the gates too. fartton only holds just over 21k but they haven't come close to filling it once.

I've been thinking about what Birch said on Solent on Saturday when asked who owned the ground if the club was liquidated, he answered along the lines that he did as administrator but would then have to sell for what he could get, to give Chainrai as much as possible of his £17 million 'charge'. The Solent guy let it go, seeming to take this as reassurance that Chainrai would not take the ground.

However surely if Chainrai thinks the ground is worth money to redevelop as housing or a Tesco's, he can take it, unless he is given his full £17million?

eg Unknown weirdo and/or pompey trust etc, offers £2million for Fratton Park to Birch as liquidator. Chainrai then 'offers' a higher bid of £3million. Birch is forced to accept this better offer. Chainrai passes £3million to Birch, who then passes it on to ... Chainrai. Result - Chainrai has spent no real cash but does now actually own the ground rather than a debt secured on the ground.

This applies all the way up to £17 million, or until Chainrai decides that whatever lesser figure that has been offered is better than he'd make by re-developing the ground for other uses. (There really wouldn't be a long term problem over planning for other uses, whatever Goebbels Ho ands his mates say about covenants etc. There is no covenant, and city council local plans etc would be easily overturned once the football club goes.)

If I've got this right, then liquidation will mean losing Fratton unless someone raises quite a bit of money to pay off Chainrai.

Edited by Ken Tone

£9.50 a ticket for arguably their most important game of the season - lose this and I think they are definitely down - Farton should be bursting at the seams - no excuses. The DFCSB's cry out for help from every quarter, want fans of other clubs to come and support them as a show of unity, but can't be bothered to shell out less than a tenner in their hour of need.

I think it's a forward-looking marketing strategy - Havant & Waterlooville tickets are £10. Aggressive pricing at £9.50 might just tempt a few more towards Nottarf Krap for the relegation six-piointers against Staines Town or Boreham Wood next season

14 March 2009 QPR 18,691

Don`t worry, The Ho will come back with a perefectly reasoned argument why these figures do not count because.........well......Skate fans are the bestest, I suppose.

I reckon Birch is getting in as much cash as he can because he knows that the club's going to go tits up in the next few weeks.

I have to say, I have lost track of where we are in all of this and/or the likely scenarios. When you weigh up what it would take for the club to continue to trade, it's hard to see how anyone could throw any more cash at it, but the flip side is that there is still a pot of 16 million parachute payments and the chance to sell players and rasie more money in June. What is the land really worth to chinny? I don't think it is that much and don't believe that's what he wants.

Aobsolutely shambolic support when you look at it. My local Blue Square South team charges £12 (FFS) which is too much for the 6/7th tier, but it demonstrates the incredibly low price the skates are being offered.

not even shifting 10k at this point, with those prices over a week old, is embarrassing.

last week we had that coment that the skates would 'fly up the leagues with gates of 15,000' - well that is clearly a myth, I think 1/3rd of that figure would be generous.

It's amusing that they've now started to refer to us as the 'phew'. We used to be the 'blue few', which is at least vaguely insulting and does benefit from the rhyme, but they realised it was just too weak. So they changed it to the 'phew' which is not only not insulting, it's actually totally meaningless in the context of a nickname for your rivals. What they need is a word recognised by everyone which pithily encapsulates contempt for your rivals.

A word like 'scummer'.

Sorry pompey, but we can call you the 'phew' or 'blue few', or even 'the blue phew' to our hearts content, now that the premier league plastics who went to applaud Henry et al have cleared off and you sink down to your natural level of support.

'blue few' might not be rude or nasty as such, its just a factual coment.

I've been thinking about what Birch said on Solent on Saturday when asked who owned the ground if the club was liquidated, he answered along the lines that he did as administrator but would then have to sell for what he could get, to give Chainrai as much as possible of his £17 million 'charge'. The Solent guy let it go, seeming to take this as reassurance that Chainrai would not take the ground.

However surely if Chainrai thinks the ground is worth money to redevelop as housing or a Tesco's, he can take it, unless he is given his full £17million?

eg Unknown weirdo and/or pompey trust etc, offers £2million for Fratton Park to Birch as liquidator. Chainrai then 'offers' a higher bid of £3million. Birch is forced to accept this better offer. Chainrai passes £3million to Birch, who then passes it on to ... Chainrai. Result - Chainrai has spent no real cash but does now actually own the ground rather than a debt secured on the ground.

This applies all the way up to £17 million, or until Chainrai decides that whatever lesser figure that has been offered is better than he'd make by re-developing the ground for other uses. (There really wouldn't be a long term problem over planning for other uses, whatever Goebbels Ho ands his mates say about covenants etc. There is no covenant, and city council local plans etc would be easily overturned once the football club goes.)

If I've got this right, then liquidation will mean losing Fratton unless someone raises quite a bit of money to pay off Chainrai.

Yes, Chinny is secured and he will get his money back. If no offers come in he simply exercises his charge and seizes the 'assets'. i wonder how ms money penny and the trust are doing raising that £17m plus interest (24%)?

I f*cking love Balram Chainrai, hes got them by the balls and has done ever since Arcadi gobbed off to the Israeli media about PFC all them years ago. The mans a f*cking legend.

article-0-0827997B000005DC-311_306x423.jpg

Posted that concept about 2 pages ago;)

All CHinny has to do is be 1 pound more than anyone else

That statement DOES actually offer up some hope though.

Property Speculators may be more interested in a pop

)yeah yeah I know the Sports Use Covenant, piece of cake to get around just include a Fitness First in the Development and promise to mend the lifts on their Burj Al Arab rip off)

Pompey loan out another 19 year old that could be playing for their first team...

BBC Solent Sport ‏ @solentsport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

19 year-old #pompey defender Lewis Tallack has joined Poole Town on a months loan

They have also been linked today with a loan move for Burnley's Danny Ings despite still being under a transfer embargo. Seems very easy for them to manipulate the Football League's slack rules.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Pompey loan out another 19 year old that could be playing for their first team...

BBC Solent Sport ‏ @solentsport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

19 year-old #pompey defender Lewis Tallack has joined Poole Town on a months loan

Well that will really bring down the wage bill!

Meanwhile rumours about Ings signing for them persist.

Who is behind that website? IMHO it would enhance credibility greatly if you knew who was posting the info.

Oh, they seem to "get it" all right judging by that thread. Coventry is an old flame of mine (since we shared a room with them in the basement of the PL in the 90's) and they certainly give me no reason to dislike them at the moment ;)

He's a Sheffield United fan living in Southampton. He's not keen on the fishy few or, as it happens, West Ham (funnily enough). He takes his lad to see Saints as it's his local team. He has a massive interest in the whole FFP proposition and, I'm sure he won't mind me saying, but he's a bit anal about it!

Edited by Chin Strain

Posted that concept about 2 pages ago;)

All CHinny has to do is be 1 pound more than anyone else

That statement DOES actually offer up some hope though.

Property Speculators may be more interested in a pop

Does not make much difference really does it which way it happens?

Scenario 1: Birch sells FP for as much as he can get. Most, if not all goes to Chainrai.

Scenario 2: Chairai takes possession of FP and sells it for as much as he can get.

Only main difference is scenario 2 involves less of a hurried sale so he might get a bit more.

What they need is a word recognised by everyone which pithily encapsulates contempt for your rivals.

A word like 'scummer'.

That would be the generic term used at some point by virtually every set of fans in the country for their rivals. Including us for ages before "skates" took hold. Oh no, please don't use that word!

Perhaps Pompey should look into setting up in Spain after they're liquidated? They'd feel more at home there I reckon. Just a hunch....

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_15875/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=qMt4Wm9O

Spanish clubs owe €752 million in taxes

Published: Today MADRID (AP) - Spanish football clubs owe the government €752 million ($982 million) in unpaid back taxes, according to figures released Tuesday.

The United Left party says figures provided by the government show an increase of nearly €150 million ($195 million) in unpaid taxes over the past four years, with topflight clubs making up nearly half a billion euros ($653 million) of the overall figure. At least six top division clubs are already in bankruptcy protection.

The numbers were released after the United Left, a communist party led coalition, submitted a written request to parliament for the information.

Does not make much difference really does it which way it happens?

Scenario 1: Birch sells FP for as much as he can get. Most, if not all goes to Chainrai.

Scenario 2: Chairai takes possession of FP and sells it for as much as he can get.

Only main difference is scenario 2 involves less of a hurried sale so he might get a bit more.

I think the main conclusion is that PFC reincarnated will not be able to use it for a ground becasue one way or another BC will get his hands on it (unless they come up with £17m). It's worth far more to him as a superstore or flats than a football ground

£9.50 for a ticket to see Skates v Brizzle.

With the £63 I paid for tickets for Portsmouth, including the Doncaster ticket, I could have had nearly seven tickets to their relegation six pointer, and yet they're nowhere near selling out.

Some of the worst fans ever. That's just fact.

Don't have a creative bone in my body - but for some reason felt inspired to do this.....apologies to Rudyard.

IF

If you can support your team when all about you

Are moaning and blaming it on (The FA/FL/PL/Chainrai/Gady/MadMilan/etc)

If you can keep the faith when all men despise you,

But be ignorant of their reasons why:

If you can whinge and not be tired by whinging,

Or, being lied about, whilst dealing in lies,

Or feeling betrayed by Storrie, who as promised,

Has taken you to a level you would not believe;

If you can cheat--- then see yourself as victim;

If you can’t think---so not to hurt your brain,

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And not realize that the latter is what you deserve,

If you can bear to see the lies you've spoken

Analysed by Saintsweb to make you look like fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stand idly by with your fellow tools;

If you can live in the shadow of the Mighty Saints

And yet ‘Best team in ‘ampshire’ is your claim,

If you won a few honours half a century back

And since failed to develop your tinpot shack,

If you desert your team in its hour of need:

‘Pack the Park’ – hmmm – that went well, indeed

£9.50 a ticket – Best fans in the league?

If you can put up with that bell ringing tvvat,

Or sleep with your sister---and think it’s a normal act,

If ‘Pompey til I die’ is your cry

While the rest of the league say ‘ P!ss off, bye, bye’

If you manage to complete an unforgiving season

Yet finish bottom when all is done,

Yours is Portsea and everything that's in it,

And---which is more---you'll be a Skate, my son!

Edited by BigShadow
****ing censor

Don't have a creative bone in my body - but for some reason felt inspired to do this.....apologies to Rudyard.

IF

Don't know about the book of this thread, but there has been some true Literary genius displayed on here at times.

Marvellous effort that

IF

:adore: My congratulations, sir.

Joe Michalczuk ‏ @joemichalczuk

DESPERATE to put run together to show FL we won't be cheated - they WANT us to go down - let's make FP a bearpit on Sat #pompey

Why would anyone want to see them relegated? Thats no way to treat the bestest club in the world and their dozens of fans! :p

Absolutely staggering to read that the cess pit LOSES over £1m PER GAME!!!!!!!

23 home games = £23M = £1.92M a month 9over a year). so how does that reconcile with the oft quoted figures of losing £8 - £10M a season? Does that loss of £1M/game take into account all their SKY/FL/sponsorship/Gate income? If so then the end just has to be near.

IF

Are moaning and blaming it on (The FA/FL/PL/Chainrai/Gady/MadMilan/etc)

If you can keep the faith when all men despise you,

But be ignorant of their reasons why:

If you can whinge and not be tired by whinging,

Or, being lied about, whilst dealing in lies,

Or feeling betrayed by Storrie, who as promised,

Has taken you to a level you would not believe;

If you can cheat--- then see yourself as victim;

If you can’t think---so not to hurt your brain,

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And not realize that the latter is what you deserve,

If you can bear to see the lies you've spoken

Analysed by Saintsweb to make you look like fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stand idly by with your fellow tools;

If you can live in the shadow of the Mighty Saints

And yet ‘Best team in ‘ampshire’ is your claim,

If you won a few honours half a century back

And since failed to develop your tinpot shack,

If you desert your team in its hour of need:

‘Pack the Park’ – hmmm – that went well, indeed

£9.50 a ticket – Best fans in the league?

If you can put up with that bell ringing tvvat,

Or sleep with your sister---and think it’s a normal act,

If ‘Pompey til I die’ is your cry

While the rest of the league say ‘ P!ss off, bye, bye’

If you manage to complete an unforgiving season

Yet finish bottom when all is done,

Yours is Portsea and everything that's in it,

Can I nick that for a FB status?