Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

After Reading's very wise decision to sell ticket direct perhaps Southampton should make it very clear to Portsmouth that if they don't pay up they won't release the tickets. A couple of thousand Portsmouth fans kept on the buses back at Fratton due to the failure of their own club to pass on the money would have an interesting impact on the streets of Fratton..

That would be pretty classic :)

After Reading's very wise decision to sell ticket direct perhaps Southampton should make it very clear to Portsmouth that if they don't pay up they won't release the tickets. A couple of thousand Portsmouth fans kept on the buses back at Fratton due to the failure of their own club to pass on the money would have an interesting impact on the streets of Fratton..

Sorry, what was that? Buses?

And where do those buses come from?

Oh yes, a supplier. And does anyone think that a Bus Company is going to lay on enough buses to transport 862 people from nottarf krap to SMS to a Company in Administration WITHOUT payment up front as well?

has Storrie got confused and fined himself 5 years experience as he was so poor at his job, or is he working on an administration principle of only counting 80 days out of every 100?

No wonder he couldn't understand basic maths.

And why Gemmel is attacking poor Pete's working record I really don't know, it's not that bad.

It was the same with Fred West - years working as a builder with no problems, but it's the little bit of raping and murdering that attracts the headlines.

He did none of that for literally months, but you nutjobs only harp on about the bad times!

Same with poor old Sutcliffe - a victim of the media - really efficient lorry driver, but slightly less efficient prossie-murderer, so no one recalls how his tachographs were really well kept.

Storrie only bankrupted about three clubs, but he spent ages when some of them were really close to actually being nearly solvent - so give the poor bloke a break.

Or another win bonus.

Ha ha, Go buy yourself a beer on me..... A bit like pompey.....put it on my tab

Sorry, what was that? Buses?

And where do those buses come from?

Oh yes, a supplier. And does anyone think that a Bus Company is going to lay on enough buses to transport 862 people from nottarf krap to SMS to a Company in Administration WITHOUT payment up front as well?

Skate bastards are having to book and pay direct with the coach company.

They are a horrible little club...

Even that old dear on the scooter is a thug....

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9570083.Pensioner_injured_in_mobility_scooter_hit_and_run/

*I have no evidence to suggest the little old lady that appears in Daily Echo library photos of Fratton Park was anyway involved in this accident. The comment was made purely for comedy effect and no offence to any persons, living, injured or driving around on mobility scooters in the fratton area was intended.

Edited by ooh it's a corner

I just had a fantastic idea, our beautiful club with all it's beauty and splender buy the debt of the "other" club in Hampshire.........but insist as part of the deal the letters SFC must appear within the club crest. Forever more portsmuff fans will have to have SFC on their bagdes "nuvver hundred years mush" and we will walk tall and they will be beneath us unlike any other football rivarly in England.

funny as f***

(or just let 'em die)

And don't forget that West Sham also have HUGE debt problems.

IF they DON'T go up, then next season they'll last about as long as Avram in an Industrial Estate in Horton Heath

Now THAT would be Karma

I think that this has now become a major problem for WHU and they will probably do everything that they can to assist the blue few getting to the end of the season. It's no secret that this is a S or B season for them, and another season in the Championship could well see them slipping further into the mire.

I really do think that they are very worried about the problems at nottarf krap and will do thier utmost to ensure than they do not loose 6 points.

WHAM fans getting a bit twitchy over the possible/probable demise of the sk8s

http://foreverwestham.com/2012/03/blog-topics/pompeii-ii

West Ham are also looking to aid Portsmouth survival as they look to secure the signing of Jason Pearce for the remainder of the season offering up a fee and paying his wages for the season in a desperate attempt to help the Blues stay in business.

Well, who would've thunk it? I never saw that coming.

I'm shocked I tell you, shocked. :lol:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?36200-pompey-fixs&p=1289249#post1289249

Chainrai told Sky Sports: ‘I will definitely make efforts to become a reluctant owner, again, until a proper owner can be found.

Is that an admission he is not a proper owner and never has been

Yes. According to Chinny a "proper owner" is an idiot with dirty money, and an ego to match, who will pour filthy money into the cesspit long enough to keep the rotten corpse alive just long enough for him (Chinny) to get his hands on the remaining parachute money.

I agree with you St Jim, but it won't matter to chinny if it is approved or not. Sure that means more points deductions, but he just wants cash.

Actually the perfect scenario would be another 25 points deduction this season for the failed old CVA and then another 25 next season for not getting this new CVA approved...... that and selling all their players would gurantee league 2 football the season after next.

Yes, indeed. Sad, isn't it? :lol:

I suspect that the conversation between TB and Chinny went along the lines of Chinny saying he'll consider buying the cesspit of a club, provided TB can scare, with the threat of liquidation, all of the high wage earners into accepting moving on in loans, or agreeing to massive pay cuts. And it seems that TB is trying his damnest to do just that. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7568957/

Certain relegation? Of course. Possible huge points penalties and demotion to the sewer of the FL? No problem for our Chinny! As long as the rotten corpse is on life support just long enough until the last parachute payment date, I have a feeling Chinny isn't too concerned about Westwood sobbing into his bell when the Cheats FC plug is finally pulled.

This is surely a minefield for ethical behaviour. Any club in the Championship or and club who is owing monies to or is owed money from PFC should not be allowed to have purchase their players on loan. Clubs like WestSpam buying any player from PFC is cheating in the highest order because they have most to lose should they fold and it can be seen that they are only buying the player to avoid the points being expunged.

This is surely a minefield for ethical behaviour. Any club in the Championship or and club who is owing monies to or is owed money from PFC should not be allowed to have purchase their players on loan. Clubs like WestSpam buying any player from PFC is cheating in the highest order because they have most to lose should they fold and it can be seen that they are only buying the player to avoid the points being expunged.

Ethical behaviour? I expect both pompey and west ham have heard of it even if they are not sure what it means.

To be fair... as much as I want the cheats to get what is due... when all's said and done, they (WHU) played those games and got those points - and they could argue that we should now have it eassier against them (Pompey) as they have loaned out some of their regulars... I would be ****ed off if we were i WHUs shoes as well.

To be fair... as much as I want the cheats to get what is due... when all's said and done' date=' they (WHU) played those games and got those points - and they could argue that we should now have it eassier against them (Pompey) as they have loaned out some of their regulars... I would be ****ed off if we were i WHUs shoes as well.[/quote']

That's a good point actually, West Ham taking any of their better players on loan could/should make it easier for us to get 3 points off them.

Has it ever been said that the figures just don't seem to add up?

They took about £30m back in a very quick time, but £60m was paid to the banks, despite them only owing about £40m!

Does anyone down there actually know where the wonga went?

They were obviously using the " on line sliders"

I mentioned a few pages ago that I had concerns with West Ham finding a way to 'gift' money to Pompey, looks like they may have found a way. Before anyone starts feeling sorry for them if they were to lose 6 points lets not forget how they cheated their way to Premiership survival a few years ago with the whole Tevez affair. Karma can be a *****, hope it comes back to bite them.

I mentioned a few pages ago that I had concerns with West Ham finding a way to 'gift' money to Pompey, looks like they may have found a way. Before anyone starts feeling sorry for them if they were to lose 6 points lets not forget how they cheated their way to Premiership survival a few years ago with the whole Tevez affair. Karma can be a *****, hope it comes back to bite them.

It won't though. Loaning a player for a fee is perfectly legal, and I'd expect we'd do it if we were in their situation.

The whole concept of clubs in the same league being able to loan players to each other is open to 'abuse'.

IMO there should be a rule stating you can only do loan deals with clubs in different divisions/leagues.

Nice and simple.

Don't they still owe money on that deal, plus the compensation to the Blades ?

Apparently, if they fail to get automatic promotion this year, they are in real financial doo-doo.

It won't though. Loaning a player for a fee is perfectly legal, and I'd expect we'd do it if we were in their situation.

Eh? I was referring to the fact that a few years ago their cheating earned them Premiership football, and now someone else's cheating could end up costing the Premiership football.

Latest from the news

Pompey sale will take weeks, not days – even to former owner

y Emma Judd

Published on Tuesday 6 March 2012 07:44

IF a deal is to be done that will see Balram Chainrai again become the ‘reluctant’ owner of Pompey, it will take weeks, not days, to be complete.

The News understands that, despite rumours to the contrary, no deal has yet been signed.

Joint administrator Trevor Birch met Mr Chainrai over the weekend, but confirmed that the talks were not extensive.

It is up to Mr Birch to decide whether to allow Mr Chainrai to become owner again, but he is duty-bound by the court to do the best deal for all Pompey’s creditors.

Speaking on behalf of Mr Birch, a spokesman for PKF said: ‘This was a reasonably brief initial meeting.

It’s Trevor who has to go back to the court and say whether in his professional opinion this would be the best deal and good for all the creditors.’

Sources close to Fratton Park have confirmed that, if it goes ahead, the deal will still take weeks to complete, rather than days.

Mr Chainrai is able to take over again because of the money he is owed by Convers Sports Initiatives, which went into administration at the tail end of last year.

His debt was secured on the club after CSI bought it from his company Portpin in June last year.

Former Pompey director Roman Dubov has said that Mr Chainrai had agreed to keep the club out of administration by funding its running costs, but only now has he vowed to save it from liquidation.

The News attempted to speak to Mr Chainrai yesterday, but was told he had left Britain for Hong Kong, where he is based, and would be unavailable for comment.

Meanwhile, members of the Pompey Supporters Trust met Andrew Andronikou, who handled the last club administration in 2010, and who is now dealing with the administration of CSI.

The location of the secret meeting has not been revealed, but yesterday the trust issued a statement about it.

It said: ‘On Monday Pompey Supporters Trust board members met with Mr Andronikou at his request at a location in Portsmouth.

‘The meeting was cordial and allowed the trust to hear Mr Andronikou’s side of the story of the events of the previous three months.

‘The trust learned nothing new from this meeting but it is important we meet with everyone who will have a say in the future of PFC during this latest administration.’

Birch has done more to cut costs and balance income in a couple weeks than Lampitt as CEO and AA as administrator did in two years. They should be personally liable for all the new debt incurred imo.

The irony of that is that if AA had been in charge, he would not have done it in the same way, and PFC would be much closer to Liquidation than they are now

In other words, Birch is doing his job TOO well, IMHO

very true, WHU should have been relegated due to the Tevez affair. I note WHU have loaned Piquionne out to Donny, he could make a difference to their season as well, whilst he is not a fantastic player he will be playing against us soon.

As a footnote I met Westwood on friday he was setting up at an exhibition, none of his makeup or tattoos were on display. He was pretty sensible, but had to put 'I 4 1' in the conversation, I just laughed, he then added the date , sometime in 05. He was bemused that HR had got away with his case and had heard that a lot of the evidence was discounted due to a mistake processing it. He was not fazed by them starting again and said something about buying their history back if they went out of business aka Wimbledon, i wish i was on the ball enough to have said 'well you bought it the first time ,and so why not'

Generally he is just a football fan, he was wearing a Pompey tie and as i passed i said I would be wearing my saints one and he replied 'fair play' none of the usual stuff you get when first meeting some of the thick skates.

I confessed a while back on here that I met Westwood and discussed football last year, he sounded more sensible and realistic than most from the east, though he was sober at the time.

I believe the clever Tevez 'arrangement' cost £30M in compensation.

If pompey go pop the points damage might prevent West Ham from going up, leaving them and Sheffield Utd in big trouble.

The league cannot assist, but pompey's demise without completing the season would be the football authorities' worst nightmare.

Imagine legal cases brought by clubs whose positions change.

'We played 46 games, you have docked us points because of something out of our control - you are responsible for producing a league where everyone plays 46 games - and you didn't' etc.

So I don't see pompey going pop before May.

But I'm curious to see how on earth they avoid it - I guess Chanrai will have to fall in love again, but like Uncle Avram he seems obsessed with chucking money down the hole.

Has Chinny struck oil under the park and doesn't want anyone to know?

There is something odd going on with AA meeting the Trust as well.....are they on a cover-up mission from their last visit?...the court bribe, the overly keen meeting with Birch?....

I smell something fishy, and it isn't Petersfield's antique book supplier...

I confessed a while back on here that I met Westwood and discussed football last year, he sounded more sensible and realistic than most from the east, though he was sober at the time.

I believe the clever Tevez 'arrangement' cost £30M in compensation.

If pompey go pop the points damage might prevent West Ham from going up, leaving them and Sheffield Utd in big trouble.

The league cannot assist, but pompey's demise without completing the season would be the football authorities' worst nightmare.

'We played 46 games, you have docked us points because of something out of our control - you are responsible for producing a league where everyone plays 46 games - and you didn't' etc.

But I'm curious to see how on earth they avoid it - I guess Chanrai will have to fall in love again, but like Uncle Avram he seems obsessed with chucking money down the hole.

Has Chinny struck oil under the park and doesn't want anyone to know?

There is something odd going on with AA meeting the Trust as well.....are they on a cover-up mission from their last visit?...the court bribe, the overly keen meeting with Birch?....

I smell something fishy, and it isn't Petersfield's antique book supplier...

There would be no grounds for a legal challenge at all.

Latest from the news

Pompey sale will take weeks, not days – even to former owner

y Emma Judd

Published on Tuesday 6 March 2012 07:44

IF a deal is to be done that will see Balram Chainrai again become the ‘reluctant’ owner of Pompey, it will take weeks, not days, to be complete.

The News understands that, despite rumours to the contrary, no deal has yet been signed.

Joint administrator Trevor Birch met Mr Chainrai over the weekend, but confirmed that the talks were not extensive.

It is up to Mr Birch to decide whether to allow Mr Chainrai to become owner again, but he is duty-bound by the court to do the best deal for all Pompey’s creditors.

Speaking on behalf of Mr Birch, a spokesman for PKF said: ‘This was a reasonably brief initial meeting.

It’s Trevor who has to go back to the court and say whether in his professional opinion this would be the best deal and good for all the creditors.’

Sources close to Fratton Park have confirmed that, if it goes ahead, the deal will still take weeks to complete, rather than days.

Mr Chainrai is able to take over again because of the money he is owed by Convers Sports Initiatives, which went into administration at the tail end of last year.

His debt was secured on the club after CSI bought it from his company Portpin in June last year.

Former Pompey director Roman Dubov has said that Mr Chainrai had agreed to keep the club out of administration by funding its running costs, but only now has he vowed to save it from liquidation.

The News attempted to speak to Mr Chainrai yesterday, but was told he had left Britain for Hong Kong, where he is based, and would be unavailable for comment.

Meanwhile, members of the Pompey Supporters Trust met Andrew Andronikou, who handled the last club administration in 2010, and who is now dealing with the administration of CSI.

The location of the secret meeting has not been revealed, but yesterday the trust issued a statement about it.

It said: ‘On Monday Pompey Supporters Trust board members met with Mr Andronikou at his request at a location in Portsmouth.

‘The meeting was cordial and allowed the trust to hear Mr Andronikou’s side of the story of the events of the previous three months.

‘The trust learned nothing new from this meeting but it is important we meet with everyone who will have a say in the future of PFC during this latest administration.’

That brought a smile and a memory flooding back....

To the heady days of S4E.....

And the meetings with Wilde & Crouch as the gallant heroes tried to solve the problems all by themselves

Sleep well Stl et al.

Notice the poopey trust had the same result "learned nothing new"

But I'm sure they felt all important

And just what happened when Aldershot folded ? If Poopey go pop, the FL can do nothing to stop it, and results will be erased - it's in the rules, and there is precedent.

The procedures around this are well established and every club knows it at the beginning of the season. There would be no grounds to a legal challenge and indeed no legal challenges would be forthcoming.

The procedures around this are well established and every club knows it at the beginning of the season. There would be no grounds to a legal challenge and indeed no legal challenges would be forthcoming.

Yep,

The simple fact is the FL have absolutely no control over the club's financial situation and the way they are run, and their rules are long since set out in stone. Any legal challenge would get shot down in flames

Yep,

The simple fact is the FL have absolutely no control over the club's financial situation and the way they are run, and their rules are long since set out in stone. Any legal challenge would get shot down in flames

If anything, the FootbalL League would be more likely to open themselves to a legal challenge if they were to get involved and help out.

Has it ever been said that the figures just don't seem to add up?They took about £30m back in a very quick time, but £60m was paid to the banks, despite them only owing about £40m!Does anyone down there actually know where the wonga went?
I think (think), he is referring to £30m repaid to banks and £30m of losses = £60m repaid to banks.If he considers trading losses to be "money called in by the bank" and not something which should have been addressed by the management team then then I would suggest this might go some way to explaining the financial issues suffered by all the clubs he has been involved with.

Loving the comments -

matt says March 6, 2012 9:24am

i fell sorry for the fans but no matter what happens they need to leave fratton park and build a new ground capable of seating 30,000 only then will they be able to be on a sure footing this might take ten years of playing in the lower divisons but in the end better to be in league 1 or 2 and survive than cease to exsist.

Yeah great idea, let them build a ground where empty seats out number taken seats. They can't even fill a 20k shed when they need support more than ever.

How many of the players down the road considered this course of action I wonder - voluntary redundancy, no pay offs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17221172

No players in this country would do it, and you would be a fool to do so. People go on about greedy players on here, but if someone offered me a job earning £20k p/w for 3 years - I'd snap their hand off and make sure I got every penny. Everyone would...

Just been on POL to fill up my lunch break. Don't know why i do it its probably the most boring messageboard in the world. I reregistered with the email address lambert7@hushmail.com and they don't seem to have picked up on it.. this after they banned me for 6 years for questioning automatic bans for 'scummers' under my previous guise, linvoy85.

Anyway, the muppets on there reckon that The Sun printed an article yesterday that the highest league Plan B will be allowed to start in will be the Wessex League

, the muppets on there reckon that The Sun printed an article yesterday that the highest league Plan B will be allowed to start in will be the Wessex League

They were suggesting that on Talk****e yesterday and had an interview with the Winchester city manager (who happens to be an ex skate player) about the possibilities of AFC Skateville joining the Wessex league.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})