Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Even more desperate and hilarious than yesterdays! Not even a mention of Southampton this time!

Jolly well done pompey; a lad who went to a primary school in pompey, whose development and career was entirely down to Southampton FC and our academy has made the Euro squad - PMSL

I know how pompey like to airbrush history and spin it in their own unique way... but this is taking delusion to a level you couldnt quite believe...

Desperate and in an annoying way just very pathetic... but hilarious nonetheless!

Well done OXO... knew very quickly watching you play for Saints that you would go all the way... such a shame your not still at SMS!

Oxlade-Chamberlain.jpg

GYI0064629907_extra_large.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18236955

This is small fry compared to our fishy friends up the road, but I did stumble on this;

The CVA requires the approval of 75% or more in value of the creditors, and more than 50% in value of the members, voting on the resolution

Is this a new rule or Scottish law, or did I just miss this before?

If the same applys Chinny, isn't quite home and dry yet ...............

I'm taking a strange degree of pleasure from it. Is that wrong?

He keeps saying he doesn't care, yet he keeps replying. Something doesn't correlate there!

Oh no MLG it's not wrong, it's giving the rest of us the same pleasure. Please feel free to continue to poke him with your stick.

Its absolutely hilarious how they now have a New England international to celebrate, the usual poopey delusion reaches new high's or should that be low's.

I presume The Snooze can produce from their extensive and cavernous archives stretching back in the misits of time, a picture of AOC in a p****y shirt. Any p*****y shirt, really. Even one he might have got for Xmas as a kid from his old man.

Because before he joined Arsenal, the only pics I have ever seen of p****y ace Chamberlain in any sort of football playing capacity was in a Saints shirt.

Knowing how generous of spirit the orc-folk from Portsea Island are, I'm sure they're happy with that; P****y ace in a Saints shirt.

Tell him you're just a concerned taxpayer and supporter of charities.

MLG - maybe ask Nallen why Pompey aren't in the frame to buy Jay Rodriguez with half the money they made from the sale of the "Portsmouth Ace" that is AOC.

These are 2 excellent suggestions.

Go MLG.

A bit late in the day. I guess the emergency meeting last night decided the trust couldn't do it by themselves. The reality is that there is only 2 days worth of work that they can rack up charges for - I wonder whose pledes are paying for this.

Way Way way too late, underfunded and without credibility. Even if they had got over the line, they would have been busted again within 12 months.

Welcome back chinny :) :)

A bit late in the day. I guess the emergency meeting last night decided the trust couldn't do it by themselves. The reality is that there is only 2 days worth of work that they can rack up charges for - I wonder whose pledes are paying for this.

Way Way way too late, underfunded and without credibility. Even if they had got over the line, they would have been busted again within 12 months.

Yes I was wondering how the're paying Begbies Traynor. If they have (as seems likely) c 1700 pledges, that's 1700 x £2.50 = £4250 to rely on. Take off a bit for expense and that will probably pay for a day of the bloke's help.. maybe a day and a bit if they've got mate's rates. Still, since they really need to bid by thursday, I suppose that should be sufficient.

They best not use my pledge money to pay for Begbies Traynor, im having that back on Thursday!

Mind you, they will most likely renege on my debt, fob me off with some kind of CVA MKI and then liquidate that into a CVA MKII!

Chainrai will promise to pay my debt off, but he never will!

Maybe they will sell one of their PORTSMOUTH ACE ENGLAND PLAYERS to a PL club for £12m cash +add ons to pay for Begbies? ... Oh...

...mind you they did just get £400k for the only youth talent they have managed to blood into the first team... PMSL

The skates are getting upset on POL RE:PTS thread... they mention karma will catch us up for this mega thread... forgetting that this thread is our karma! WTFILN

not sure why they should be upset by this thread, it's basically just a news portal.....with a dash of ruthless satire...and the occasional undercurrent of irrational hatred.

Any decent developments have been on here before local press, you get a reality check behind the spin, and if my club was in their position the last thing I'd want to do is seek out a rival forum to see how much fun they were having, so any pompey fans who come on here must be half bonkers.

Sorry Mack and one or two exceptions - though I think Mack knows he's bonkers anyway.

Let's not forget that there was a strong fan lobby that the latest charity theft was the fault of the News for reporting it, not the club for the actual thieving.

It's the truth they don't like, not the messengers.

You know I've had a really sh1t afternoon.

Emirates cancelled my holiday flight booking a month ago and had politely forgotten to tell me, seeing it would have left my 78 year old Mum stranded alone in an airport in Italy I got a touch annoyed. Anyway they destroyed my life & I got stressed out.

I found a moment to come back on here and two things happened.

First Rallyboy posted - ahhhhhhhhh the calming effect of a smile

And then - well Stone the Crows, MLG moved from being the forum Nerd to being a true Forum Legend.

This thread just never ceases to amaze.

I'll drift by occassionally in the next 3 weeks, and TRY and find time to download tapatalk to join in

Keep well one and all

not sure why they should be upset by this thread, it's basically just a news portal.....with a dash of ruthless satire...and the occasional undercurrent of irrational hatred.

Well, we are dipping the knife in poison and then twisting it _ever_ so slightly once it's in. D**n good fun I say, now my earlier sympathy has gone out the window. I'd still buy Mack and Mero a consoling pint though...

You know I've had a really sh1t afternoon.

Emirates cancelled my holiday flight booking a month ago and had politely forgotten to tell me, seeing it would have left my 78 year old Mum stranded alone in an airport in Italy I got a touch annoyed. Anyway they destroyed my life & I got stressed out.

Hope the celebrations go well! Enjoy Italy, plenty of football news in the papers here at the moment!! Don't think Pompey ever threw a match... ?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/po...quad-1-3894311

Rate:

Blue heart

1:31 PM on 29/05/2012

He is born and bred in Pompey, that makes him a Portsmouth ace. Could be confusing to someone who is reading a local paper who is not local though, unless they have some common sense and realise that most football players are not local to their team. Portsmouth ace yes, Arsenal ace yes, Southampton ace No.

Deluded morons, all of them, bitter deluded morons!

Who cares? £12m up front and £3m in add ons plus a sell on percentage.

Edited by derry

I'm taking a strange degree of pleasure from it. Is that wrong?

He keeps saying he doesn't care, yet he keeps replying. Something doesn't correlate there!

You should ask him whether he would have Pompey take credit for Darren Anderton or whether he would have reported him as 'Southampton Ace'.

Troubled Portsmouth are rapidly running out of money, which will leave no alternative but to liquidate the club. But the situation is not helped by the stance of their best-paid player and a trio of former directors.

Administrators PKF are not allowed to run up fresh debt, so the tipping point will come when there is no more cash to keep relegated Pompey in daily business. The central payment from the Football League to a League One team is only in the region of £750,000 per season.

That figure is dwarfed by the £2million Portsmouth have to pay Tal Ben Haim for the year remaining on his contract now that an HM Revenue and Customs challenge to the football creditors rule has failed. The Israel international, who is represented by super-agent Pini Zahavi, is not prepared to take a pay cut, despite his club being in such a precarious position.

Also, three former Pompey executives — David Lampitt, the new chief executive of Supporters Direct, John Redgate and Nick Byrom — have made football creditor claims to the Football League over monies owed.

This has resulted in the League keeping back a considerable sum from Pompey’s monthly central payments to meet their demands — making the job of keeping the club afloat that much more difficult.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2151806/Struggling-Portsmouth-face-crisis-Charles-Sale.html#ixzz1wImZPYIJ

Pigs in [soon to be] Chinny's trough - gotta love 'em..

Does anyone know if its documented anywhere what pompey have to show at this meeting to allow them to continue into next season?

Bad news for the Cheats, I've heard it's quite stringent. They have to say "We promise to be able to fulfill their fixtures in L1, cross our hearts and hope to die", and keep a straight face while doing it.

So why is lampitt a football creditor and not the rest of the staff?

Maybe he's not - he's put in a claim to the Football League, but that doesn't mean they'll approve it. At a guess, he and the others will be claiming that their employment was in a football capacity so they should be counted as football creditors. Can't see it myself, nor can I see the FL allowing the claim, as it would surely lead to many more from other staff members.

If the figure quoted in the Mail article is correct, they will be receiving the princely sum of £14k a week in total from the League central distribution fund. Parachute payments aside, and one way or another they won't get their hands on any of those, they're going to have to sell an awful lot of tickets to pay that wage bill.

Bad news for the Cheats, I've heard it's quite stringent. They have to say "We promise to be able to fulfill their fixtures in L1, cross our hearts and hope to die", and keep a straight face while doing it.

I can't see any way they'd pass the straight-face test.

So have PFC actually applied for League One registration yet?

Edited by Verbal

If the figure quoted in the Mail article is correct, they will be receiving the princely sum of £14k a week in total from the League central distribution fund. Parachute payments aside, and one way or another they won't get their hands on any of those, they're going to have to sell an awful lot of tickets to pay that wage bill.

That'll be no problem, remember they are the besterest fans in the world.

They'll 'Pack the Park' twice over for each match.

Won't they?

That'll be no problem, remember they are the besterest fans in the world.

They'll 'Pack the Park' twice over for each match.

Won't they?

and I am sure those with lifetime season tickets will forgo them and buy normal season tickets to help support their club.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/trust-brings-in-finance-expert-to-aid-takeover-1-3896591 No information in the article about who exactly is going to be paying him. One assumes one of the wealthier backers as they can't use the money pledged for shares.

So CVA details out this week... Will it be 2p, 20p again or something in-between?

I wonder if it is possible for the other creditors to change their claim to be that of football creditors? Electric company provided electric to allow football matches to take place so why are they not football creditors? Every creditors apart from Charity's can claim their debt is so the football club can play football so must be a football debt and fall under the 100% rule. Charity's dont matter to Pompey so screw them. Bit of bad press maybe but plucky Pompey can dilute that with the rest of the bad press they have had and will no doubt have another bit of bad press along shortly to sweep away all that has happened before.

I wonder if there is a legal challenge that could really screw the FCR up. HMRC are owed Tax, most of that Tax will be owed due to payments made within the 100% rule so why are they not entitled to that Tax being within the FCR?

Just a thought...

I wonder if it is possible for the other creditors to change their claim to be that of football creditors? Electric company provided electric to allow football matches to take place so why are they not football creditors? ...

I think this is a really good point. Technically the power companies could form a Football Alliance and issues a Golden Share to allow power to each team. If one defaults they could withdraw the share from all. Never gonna happen but you have to think legally there is little difference to the FCR.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})