Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

And your actual point is..............?

I think in a round about way, he was saying you talk a load of ******.

I could be wrong though and he could value your opinion or think that you are funny but I think he is talking about rally boy there.

I could be wrong though and he could value your opinion or think that you are funny but I think he is talking about rally boy there.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head;)

God bless HMRC.

Does the Saints Trust still exist? It's still listed as a member organisation of Supporters Direct on the SD website and would be going to the SD AGM in June, one assumes if they still are in existance? Can they ask questions about this ridiculous appointment?

Did it ever really exist..............?

Shame he's not articulate enough to explain why.

Is anyone else hoping Rally boy is going to sum up the argument between Sour Mash and Truckasaurs?

I'm getting bored of this whole Pompey crap, they get away with it most of the time in the short term but are doomed in the long term. There you go, summed it up myself, close the thread.

Is anyone else hoping Rally boy is going to sum up the argument between Sour Mash and Truckasaurs?

I'm getting bored of this whole Pompey crap, they get away with it most of the time in the short term but are doomed in the long term. There you go, summed it up myself, close the thread.

Careful, I think Sour Mash has copyright to that saying on this thread!

In fact, I am certain he told us all weeks ago that this thread was going to be closed within 24 hours - or maybe he was trying to be ironic comparing it to all the statements of Pompey soon to be toast?

Anyway, we are still here waiting for the glorious day - and the next day of reckoning is less than a week away!!!

You only said that to make sure that something will now happen to give us all a few more pages of merriment. :lol:

If only we could all contribute great insights to the thread like your pearls of original wisdom......

Why don't you reserve your wind up posting for the main board, you spoil every thread that is posted, and now you have turned your attention to this one. You have no debate really, you just post for a reaction, you really are a sad individual imo.

Why don't you reserve your wind up posting for the main board, you spoil every thread that is posted, and now you have turned your attention to this one. You have no debate really, you just post for a reaction, you really are a sad individual imo.
Which of my posts were a wind up? Which threads have I 'ruined'? Plenty of other normal posters were able to debate the points raised, if you find them too confusing to understand just ignore them.

If they can't get the high wage earners off their books, which the HMRC defeat over the FCR means they can't, they could be more fu.cked than I thought!

TBH salary is roughly 40% of their planned salary total for 2012/13 season!

More to the point Chainrai's whole plan rests on getting rid of the high earners. Will he go through with his planned takeover if they can't be shifted?

OK, I get the logic, but for how many footballers/clubs is that really a genuine concern/worry? How many footballers over the last 10 years say have signed a contract with any real thought about whether they'll be paid? Might have made a difference with the Skates in the last few years, but for 90% I doubt it crosses their mind.

Well that's the whole point - they HAVEN'T had to worry about it. They KNOW they'll get paid, come hell or high water, thanks to the FCR.

Well that's the whole point - they HAVEN'T had to worry about it. They KNOW they'll get paid, come hell or high water, thanks to the FCR.
Question; Has the trend in footballer wages in England changed significantly since the introduction of the FCR?

Question; Has the trend in footballer wages in England changed significantly since the introduction of the FCR?
if clubs had to pay up front instead of 3-5 year installments the transfer fees and wages would drop. If money had been paid upfront Pompey would not have been in position to splash out for the top players when they did etc etc (that would be the case for most others as well)

That in turn would cut the demand and so players would not be getting such ridiculous wages for kicking a leather bag of air, sometimes in the right direction. Pompeys buying policy and paying stupid wages for dross helped lift the players demands.

Please can we get back to taking the **** out of the Skates?

For instance -

From http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/fans-favourite-edges-closer-to-pompey-exit-1-3885927

------------------------

EastneyBlue

Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I would think the reason we need to sell our best assets is to pay the bills.

-------------------

No **** Sherlock. Is that the distant sound of a Penny dropping?

That's a really difficult question - there are so many factors to be taken into consideration, but here's some basic stats to start with...

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Annual-foot-wage-increase-since-84.jpg

Now the last change in insolvency laws took place in 2003 I believe, so if you look at 7 years before and after that date then by division

Prem League - before 2003 increase of 466.8%, after 2003 increase of 190.2%

Championship - before 2003 increase of 174.9%, after 2003 increase of 232.1%

League One - before 2003 increase of 228.8%, after 2003 increase of 123.5%

League Two - before 2003 increase of 137.6%, after 2003 increase of 129.2%

So in 3 out of the four divisions, wage inflation has slowed - with the exception being the Championship. Is this the effect of the parachute payments?

Overall nothing proved as I said before, there's too many factors involved to be definitive.

That's a really difficult question - there are so many factors to be taken into consideration, but here's some basic stats to start with...

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Annual-foot-wage-increase-since-84.jpg

Now the last change in insolvency laws took place in 2003 I believe, so if you look at 7 years before and after that date then by division

Prem League - before 2003 increase of 466.8%, after 2003 increase of 190.2%

Championship - before 2003 increase of 174.9%, after 2003 increase of 232.1%

League One - before 2003 increase of 228.8%, after 2003 increase of 123.5%

League Two - before 2003 increase of 137.6%, after 2003 increase of 129.2%

So in 3 out of the four divisions, wage inflation has slowed - with the exception being the Championship. Is this the effect of the parachute payments?

Overall nothing proved as I said before, there's too many factors involved to be definitive.

Interesting analysis. Don't think it's something that can be proven either way, just our personal take on it. I can see how it might have influenced a few situations, but don't believe it would have had a significant effect on the overall market place in English football.

Interesting analysis. Don't think it's something that can be proven either way, just our personal take on it. I can see how it might have influenced a few situations, but don't believe it would have had a significant effect on the overall market place in English football.

I think you're missing the point somewhat here. It's not really a question of whether the FCR has influenced particular transfer deals or the market place in the way that you suggest (or at least as I think you're suggesting); it's about the effects of its workings at a much deeper level than that. Quite simply, agents and players have never had to pay any attention to the financial well-being of a club making them an offer, so it hasn't occurred to them to do so. They haven't sat and thought that, should the club go bust, they'll get their money anyway - they've simply accepted any offer without the slightest thought about whether the club might go bust or not. And that's down to the FCR, even though the majority of players probably don't even know what it is.

Now, if HMRC had won their case yesterday I think you'd see, over time, a different picture emerging. Not immediately, but as soon as a club went into administration and players didn't receive everything owed to them the point would start to hit home. If it happened a few times then agents and players would begin to take into account the possibility that they may sign up for a contract which ends up leaving them unpaid. So they'd start to become aware of an issue which previously had passed them by altogether.

It seems to me (though correct me if I'm wrong) that in your view footballers are like tightrope walkers, with the FCR being their safety net - they know that, should they slip and fall, they won't perish. My view, using the same analogy, is that they're walking that rope without the any awareness of the possibility that they might slip and fall. They don't know that the safety net's there - in fact, they don't even know what a safety net is.

I think you're missing the point somewhat here. It's not really a question of whether the FCR has influenced particular transfer deals or the market place in the way that you suggest (or at least as I think you're suggesting); it's about the effects of its workings at a much deeper level than that. Quite simply, agents and players have never had to pay any attention to the financial well-being of a club making them an offer, so it hasn't occurred to them to do so. They haven't sat and thought that, should the club go bust, they'll get their money anyway - they've simply accepted any offer without the slightest thought about whether the club might go bust or not. And that's down to the FCR, even though the majority of players probably don't even know what it is.

Now, if HMRC had won their case yesterday I think you'd see, over time, a different picture emerging. Not immediately, but as soon as a club went into administration and players didn't receive everything owed to them the point would start to hit home. If it happened a few times then agents and players would begin to take into account the possibility that they may sign up for a contract which ends up leaving them unpaid. So they'd start to become aware of an issue which previously had passed them by altogether.

It seems to me (though correct me if I'm wrong) that in your view footballers are like tightrope walkers, with the FCR being their safety net - they know that, should they slip and fall, they won't perish. My view, using the same analogy, is that they're walking that rope without the any awareness of the possibility that they might slip and fall. They don't know that the safety net's there - in fact, they don't even know what a safety net is.

Don't worry, I completely understand the point. You're wrong, I agree that players probably don't even need to think about the 'safety net'. But what you and others seem to be saying is that if the FCR didn't exist, it is something players would begin to consider and use it to inform their decision where to move? I agree, I understand the logic. But my point is that it would only really effect the decision making process in a small percentage of transfers. How many of the 92 football league clubs go bust each year? How many top flight teams ever go into admin (we all know the obvious)? Lets say the FCR hadn't existed in the last 2 years - how many transfers in those two years would the lack of the FCR make any difference to the deal done or wages agreed? Skates and a few others obviously, can't think of too many other cases. Players, agents, clubs are in the main greedy and look at the short-term, here and now offer of big wages rather than "might be's" a year or two down the line.

are you bedwetting nutjobs still banging on about pompey? :o

I've got about six pompey fans living within 50metres of me and I didn't mind hearing their arrogant deluded sh1t for the last seven years, so why should you people?...they laughed at us and told me they were going to dominate football for years and Saints were finished - so what, it's not like I need to revisit those conversations and have a war crimes tribunal and shoot some prisoners.

The last thing I would want to do is seek vengeance on those that thought it was hilarious when we hit rock bottom.

Those minus 10 in Scumland tee-shirts, they still make me chuckle now...and those Nazi stories - great banter, happy days.

And as well as this thread, stop singing songs about them, it isn't like they abused Ted's memory in front of his family, made up myths about our owner, or chucked coins from the South Stand at fortress fratton.

The club they worshipped hasn't tipped terminally-ill kids out of wheelchairs and shaken coins out of their pockets, they've just been unlucky - they haven't taken money out of the poppy appeal, ripped cash from veteran's fingers and given it to heroic plucky players on £50K a week - that would be bonkers.

And I don't mind being insulted by toothless, sister-bothering, sticky-fingered crackhead pikeys just because of my Saints shirt - so why are you all obsessed?

Some of you nutters act like their club has deliberately misled the courts and football authorities to gain a sporting advantage.:?

I'd understand this thread dragging on if they'd stolen money from taxpayers and used it to drive their hero manager to Horton Heath so he could **** prostitutes - but they have just been unfortunate vicitms.

It was the world recession you know - so let it go, you toast-eating nutjobs.

They've managed to keep their loyal playing squad together, they have a new owner ready to complete - looking at that great set-up they must be favourites to get out of League One at the first attempt.

This story is over! - I can't see any potential for future comedy at their expense, so let's just shut the thread.

Don't worry, I completely understand the point. You're wrong, I agree that players probably don't even need to think about the 'safety net'. But what you and others seem to be saying is that if the FCR didn't exist, it is something players would begin to consider and use it to inform their decision where to move? I agree, I understand the logic. But my point is that it would only really effect the decision making process in a small percentage of transfers. How many of the 92 football league clubs go bust each year? How many top flight teams ever go into admin (we all know the obvious)? Lets say the FCR hadn't existed in the last 2 years - how many transfers in those two years would the lack of the FCR make any difference to the deal done or wages agreed? Skates and a few others obviously, can't think of too many other cases. Players, agents, clubs are in the main greedy and look at the short-term, here and now offer of big wages rather than "might be's" a year or two down the line.

OK, I see what you're saying - and it seems we agree on more than I'd thought. It's difficult to the point of impossible to predict exactly what would happen if the FCR were removed, but I reckon the effect would - over time - be greater than you do. There have been a fair number of insolvencies over the past decade or two (I think MLG quoted something above, but I can't be arsed looking for it right now :)). But, as you say, few would expect the bigger clubs to go into administration, so any effect would be felt more keenly at a lower level. And of course it's possible that players and agents would cheerfully accept any risk involved in an over-generous contract, assuming that they'd find another club if theirs went belly up.

Still, the FCR remains in place and we are where we were, so it's all hypothetical.

OK, I see what you're saying - and it seems we agree on more than I'd thought. It's difficult to the point of impossible to predict exactly what would happen if the FCR were removed, but I reckon the effect would - over time - be greater than you do. There have been a fair number of insolvencies over the past decade or two (I think MLG quoted something above, but I can't be arsed looking for it right now :)). But, as you say, few would expect the bigger clubs to go into administration, so any effect would be felt more keenly at a lower level. And of course it's possible that players and agents would cheerfully accept any risk involved in an over-generous contract, assuming that they'd find another club if theirs went belly up.

Still, the FCR remains in place and we are where we were, so it's all hypothetical.

Agreed.

To put it into context, the effect of the FCR is, at best, negligible on wages or transfer fees.

The FCR only really has any effect where a club goes bankrupt while still receiving substantial payments from the football authorities. In reality that means clubs still playing in the PL receiving massive TV money, or newly relegated from the PL and still receiving massive parachute payments. Clubs in that situation just don't go bust, do they?

Most clubs that go bust aren't due any significant money from the authorities which could be diverted. Pompey IS a special case.

To put it into context, the effect of the FCR is, at best, negligible on wages or transfer fees.

The FCR only really has any effect where a club goes bankrupt while still receiving substantial payments from the football authorities. In reality that means clubs still playing in the PL receiving massive TV money, or newly relegated from the PL and still receiving massive parachute payments. Clubs in that situation just don't go bust, do they?

Most clubs that go bust aren't due any significant money from the authorities which could be diverted. Pompey IS a special case.

Very special...

Scotland will be the test for these speculations. If players are less willing to sign for any Scottish club, where there is an alternative offer, it will show the effect of the FCR. It may be that clubs like Celtic have to offer higher wages to players who also get offers from English clubs, even from the Championship because of the difference in rules. The player would have to balance the potential to play in Europe, the size of the clubs involved, the wages offered as well as the implications of the FCR.

I don't think that any player would make the decision purely based on the differences in insolvency rules, but I think that for some it would be a consideration among many other factors. I can imagine that some agents would want to have a look at the accounts of a Scottish club before the player signed.

@pn_neil_allen: Birch: No quick solution to Ben Haim headache. http://t.co/zKvTejft #Pompey

Dear Tal Ben Haim,

I just want to say that you are an absolute legend.

I salute you, sir. :adore:

Love,

D.M.

P.S. You may get an invitation to attend a Hong Kong party in your honour (probably near a deep body of water). Do not, I repeat, do not go. You may also consider some extra security and body guards at your mansion, and if you own any thoroughbreds please keep them well locked up.

I've got about six pompey fans living within 50metres of me and I didn't mind hearing their arrogant deluded sh1t for the last seven years, so why should you people?...they laughed at us and told me they were going to dominate football for years and Saints were finished - so what, it's not like I need to revisit those conversations and have a war crimes tribunal and shoot some prisoners.

The last thing I would want to do is seek vengeance on those that thought it was hilarious when we hit rock bottom.

Those minus 10 in Scumland tee-shirts, they still make me chuckle now...and those Nazi stories - great banter, happy days.

And as well as this thread, stop singing songs about them, it isn't like they abused Ted's memory in front of his family, made up myths about our owner, or chucked coins from the South Stand at fortress fratton.

The club they worshipped hasn't tipped terminally-ill kids out of wheelchairs and shaken coins out of their pockets, they've just been unlucky - they haven't taken money out of the poppy appeal, ripped cash from veteran's fingers and given it to heroic plucky players on £50K a week - that would be bonkers.

And I don't mind being insulted by toothless, sister-bothering, sticky-fingered crackhead pikeys just because of my Saints shirt - so why are you all obsessed?

Some of you nutters act like their club has deliberately misled the courts and football authorities to gain a sporting advantage.:?

I'd understand this thread dragging on if they'd stolen money from taxpayers and used it to drive their hero manager to Horton Heath so he could **** prostitutes - but they have just been unfortunate vicitms.

They've managed to keep their loyal playing squad together, they have a new owner ready to complete - looking at that great set-up they must be favourites to get out of League One at the first attempt.

This story is over! - I can't see any potential for future comedy at their expense, so let's just shut the thread.

Dude.

Whatever the day job was, give it up. You are getting to the point where your talent is wasted on here.

Apparently Ben Elton's last show tanked, he needs a new writer. You are way beyond his level but it would be a decent starting point on your new career.

Without the FCR the players would have felt the pain on the first administration. At the moment they don't know what a safety met is. They also don't know falling of the tightrope hurts!

They also would have shifted the smarter players long ago and been able to plan a sustainable business. ( if they were minded to)

I still can't understand the ruling! How can football run a ring fenced pot of money, can DIY stores and suppliers create a rule and ring fence their cash?

What about kitchen suppliers? Sofa firms?

The administration laws were altered to rescue jobs when firms went bust. They are clearly being abused and reform is overdue. There should be a cap on protected wages. (£300k) creditors should be given shares in 51% of any Phoenix company that redirects from the sale of the failed company that is sold until the CVA is Paid. They then would have a controlling interest.

The football creditors rule is wrong.It is that simple.

Try and convince me,anyone why a childrens cancer charity should get 20% from CVA1 while a millionaire footballer gets 100% from the same CVA.

C'mon...anyone.

There is nothing to be argued here!

God bless HMRC

The only point I can argue with you is the message that you put at the end of every post you make.

"God bless HMRC" really gets on my nerves - sorry Truckasaurus.

It's funny really,i don't believe in god and i could be described as a bit of an "Anarchist".

The thing is i hate poopey and the HMRC are gunning for them so your enemies, enemy is your friend and what is right is right.Then i started putting that at the end of my posts and now i cannot stop,sorry.

God bless HMRC.;)

It's funny really,i don't believe in god and i could be described as a bit of an "Anarchist".

The thing is i hate poopey and the HMRC are gunning for them so your enemies, enemy is your friend and what is right is right.Then i started putting that at the end of my posts and now i cannot stop,sorry.

God bless HMRC.;)

Are they really gunning for them ??

If so, they are making a complete ba**s up of it IMHO, as they don't appear to have a gun that works

So, "God bless HMRC" you keep saying .......... for what ????

Please explain anything positive that they have done, because I fail to see anything

Are they really gunning for them ??

If so, they are making a complete ba**s up of it IMHO, as they don't appear to have a gun that works

So, "God bless HMRC" you keep saying .......... for what ????

Please explain anything positive that they have done, because I fail to see anything

Supplied the money to build Lymington Hospital. :rolleyes:

God bless HMRC.

Are you Corp Ho in disguise .... have you been secretly meeting him every couple of weeks to keep him up to speed on this fred?

LMFAO as per usual. Tks

PS .... bed wetting nutjobs ... best ever reference of each and everyone of us on this mongboard :D

Are you Corp Ho in disguise .... have you been secretly meeting him every couple of weeks to keep him up to speed on this fred?

We all know Corp bottled it once even he realised the writing was on the wall with Saints up and Skates down.

Supplied the money to build Lymington Hospital. :rolleyes:

God bless HMRC.

Hospitals are paid for by taxpayers. HMRC are supposed to collect tax. They are very good at doing this to your average working man and honest businesses. They are not very good at collecting taxes from that disgusting business that is the skates.

I have to file a monthly tax return and pay my tax the same month.If i do not do this i get fined £100 and then get fined on the fines until they are paid.

Trucky you are a friend of mine and i know you dont have to deal with the revenue direct. If you did you would know that they are a totally inept,soul less ,incompetant (may have spelt that wrong because its a big word)organisation. They will never ever get all the money they are owed from the skates but would put me out of business in the blink of an eye for a few grand.

So to conclude the HMRC are a bunch of c..nts and i have no desire to bless them.

Still love ya though even if you are a bit strange.......

Hospitals are paid for by taxpayers. HMRC are supposed to collect tax. They are very good at doing this to your average working man and honest businesses. They are not very good at collecting taxes from that disgusting business that is the skates.

I have to file a monthly tax return and pay my tax the same month.If i do not do this i get fined £100 and then get fined on the fines until they are paid.

Trucky you are a friend of mine and i know you dont have to deal with the revenue direct. If you did you would know that they are a totally inept,soul less ,incompetant (may have spelt that wrong because its a big word)organisation. They will never ever get all the money they are owed from the skates but would put me out of business in the blink of an eye for a few grand.

So to conclude the HMRC are a bunch of c..nts and i have no desire to bless them.

Still love ya though even if you are a bit strange.......

Agree with every word you wrote

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

The football creditors rule is wrong.It is that simple.

Try and convince me,anyone why a childrens cancer charity should get 20% from CVA1 while a millionaire footballer gets 100% from the same CVA.

C'mon...anyone.

There is nothing to be argued here!

God bless HMRC

But isn't that same Football Creditors' Rule dragging PFC even deeper into the mire?

But isn't that same Football Creditors' Rule dragging PFC even deeper into the mire?

After the FL's statement earlier this week after they won, it looks like they're screwed either way.

Either the FC rule stands and they get dragged down by having to pay, or it gets abolished, the Skates don't pay because they can't and then the FL kick them out.

Edited by Jimmy_D

After the FL's statement earlier this week after they won, it lookes like they're screwed either way.

Either the FC rule stands and they get dragged down by having to pay, or it gets abolished, the Skates don't pay because they can't and then the FL kick them out.

Precisely. Don't see what the fuss was about with the Court Ruling

2nd June is 4 working days away. How's the business plan going Balu?

latest rumour is that the Minghella family have put up half a million.

Their lolly will cover the wages for a fortnight then - can't see that sending a ripple through Chinny's world.

If true, I guess the Trust must now have pledges of £2M tops.

They're going to have to pitch a pretty spectacular script to impress the FL.

Truly, Madly, Pikey.

latest rumour is that the Minghella family have put up half a million.

Their lolly will cover the wages for a fortnight then - can't see that sending a ripple through Chinny's world.

If true, I guess the Trust must now have pledges of £2M tops.

They're going to have to pitch a pretty spectacular script to impress the FL.

Truly, Madly, Pikey.

Very clever!