Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This is the very key to the "stay in admin" perspective. Devious as it is (and definitely worthy of being on of Pompey's evil plans) it would never work out. TB's fees alone would most certainly weigh heavier than a possible advantage in choosing when to be punished by the FL.

Exactly. Technically they could avoid -10 this season by staying in admin, but there's no way they can afford the fees to stay in admin for that long, they'll never make it to the end of the season like that.

Anecdotally.

Was getting on the Emirates flight home yesterday afternoon. Walking through the Business Class section.

Three rows in on the aisle seat window side is some guy in his late 40's reading the 657 Crew book.

Fortunately, being a frequent flier I have managed to develop that perfect knack of just dropping the shoulder and a sight body turn which can propel a back-pack perfectly into the side of a head whilst being able to say oh sorry almost instantly.

A skate in biz class on a long haul flight eh?

Must have sweet talked an upgrade from cattle, same as me.

My chosen take off reading? Saturday's souvenir programme....

Much classier

Christ, it's slow on here today, must be a combination of the bank holiday Monday and the fact that Trousers is still on his 'jollies' !

Looking forward to Birchie's announcement later in the week as to which ill-fated bid he chooses !

I reckon that when the tossed coin lands on the floor it will be tails and Chinny will prevail !

Bring it on .........

Anecdotally.

Was getting on the Emirates flight home yesterday afternoon. Walking through the Business Class section.

Three rows in on the aisle seat window side is some guy in his late 40's reading the 657 Crew book.

Fortunately, being a frequent flier I have managed to develop that perfect knack of just dropping the shoulder and a sight body turn which can propel a back-pack perfectly into the side of a head whilst being able to say oh sorry almost instantly.

Much classier

Do you seriously think doing that was classy? To some guy you'd never met? Just because of the football team he supports?

You guys need to stop fretting about the -10.

The condition set by the FL for the new owners getting the golden share is "Accept a deduction of 10 points in the 2012/13 season". Wether they come out of admin tomorrow or in the close season makes no difference. Also the conditions have already been agreed by the members so I expect none of them will budge no matter how much the cheats try and wriggle out of it.

"Therefore, the Board were faced with the prospect of numerous unsecured creditors receiving less than one penny in the pound, without having the opportunity to indicate their satisfaction (or otherwise) in the normal way. In the Board's view, these arrangements do not respect a key principle of The Football League's Insolvency Policy" - even if the cheats manage to get all the unsecured creditors from the previous CVA to say they are happy with

I expect the reason they will have delayed the deduction is purely to give them scope to increase it should they fail to get a CVA this time around. They will be looking at at least a further -17 if they don't agree this one.

Edited by aintforever

You guys need to stop fretting about the -10.

The condition set by the FL for the new owners getting the golden share is "Accept a deduction of 10 points in the 2012/13 season". Wether they come out of admin tomorrow or in the close season makes no difference. Also the conditions have already been agreed by the members so I expect none of them will budge no matter how much the cheats try and wriggle out of it.

"Therefore, the Board were faced with the prospect of numerous unsecured creditors receiving less than one penny in the pound, without having the opportunity to indicate their satisfaction (or otherwise) in the normal way. In the Board's view, these arrangements do not respect a key principle of The Football League's Insolvency Policy" - even if the cheats manage to get all the unsecured creditors from the previous CVA to say they are happy with

I expect the reason they will have delayed the deduction is purely to give them scope to increase it should they fail to get a CVA this time around. They will be looking at at least a further -17 if they don't agree this one.

If that is the case - and I have no reason to doubt you - why not just apply the penalty right now?

There was an interesting point made by a not so mad skate in response tro that article - GIven that when Portpin sold to CSI, Portpoin retained control as CSI never paid Portpin for Pompey, just began loaning the club money (from the bank accounts of innocent lithuanians....), Portpin in effect failied to honour one penny of the CVA1 - Would this not be reasonable groundsf for Portpin and Chinney to fail a FAPPT?

There was an interesting point made by a not so mad skate in response tro that article - GIven that when Portpin sold to CSI' date=' Portpoin retained control as CSI never paid Portpin for Pompey, just began loaning the club money (from the bank accounts of innocent lithuanians....), Portpin in effect failied to honour one penny of the CVA1 - Would this not be reasonable groundsf for Portpin and Chinney to fail a FAPPT?[/quote']

I think in moral terms, that argument could be made.

In strict legal terms it would likely fail. The FAPT requires you have not 2 administrations, 'technically' Portpin / Chanrai have just the one.

Though CVA1 has been lost at sea for years and is remembered fondly at annual memorial services, there is no death certificate - despite limbs and organs washing up regularly...

Technically it still hasn't finished failing yet, even though Birch says it will fail, remember AA's vague deadlines about completion that suggest they haven't missed a payment yet? - hence the long drawn out penalty issue.

Barring all creditors giving a thumbs up and the taxman embracing Andronikou, panic ye not, the penalty will be imposed.

And we all know that the penalty suggested is very lenient for the offence committed.

And St Chalet is right, despite him pulling all the strings since day one of his loan, Chanrai has been careful to keep a short distance between himself and most insolvency events, so technically he's as clean a new owner as the last few.

(St C - yes I did pop into the main board but it was scary out there, not many have a sense of humour or a grasp of irony, so I scuttled back in here. :))

Saw a Chelsea fan today and he said 'I feel sorry for pompey'.....:scared:

15 secs and some facts later, he no longer feels sorry for them. :D

There is still a level of ignorance out there, some people buy the image of plucky pompey who have fought to pay off their debts but the nasty league has penalised them.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/howard-calls-on-pompey-to-stay-united-1-4201605

After being cheered on by more than 500 loyal Blues who made the long trip to Cumbria, the former Barnsley midfielder added: ‘I thought the fans were great again'.

‘We’ve got a small squad and haven’t got the opportunity to freshen things up.

So even a Scummer has been indoctrinated after only a few weeks !

They really must be the 'bestest' after all ????????

Do you seriously think doing that was classy? To some guy you'd never met? Just because of the football team he supports?

Reading the match day programme instead of a "firm" book was classy.

Doing the back pack bit? No that was just me being a cock. (I will admit I was TRYING to hit his glass of pre-flight Bollinger and spill it onto his book but I failed miserably and just caught the side of his face with the side of my laptop weighed down with two bottles of DF Baileys.

However as I get hit on average by about 4 back-packs every time I fly (always have an Aisle seat) it also felt like a pay back for a few years of being whacked by ignorant cocks who had the impertinence to NOT do it on purpose and just be generally skate thick about their unfriendly impact on other peoples' faces.

So in answer, No it felt FARKING good, as did my comment to an Asian Gentleman later.

His ANNOYING BRAT had been running wild while Dad watched a movie and despite Hostie & Passenger complaints. When the Brat tried to drink my glass of Port I (gently) moved him aside. Oh Dad thought that was way out of order so he was a bit shocked when I applauded him and said, Oh well done, how clever of you, you've been able to have kids. Well that will upset Darwin.

Senior Hostie brough the entire bottle of Port up & left it for me for that line. Got a guffaw from the whole cabin.

Edited by dubai_phil

If that is the case - and I have no reason to doubt you - why not just apply the penalty right now?

Yawn....

They will NOT apply the points penalty NOW because the delay allows them to see whether any OTHER infractions occur and allows them to do a Luton or a Bompey.

Points penalties are IRRELEVANT - points mean nothing until the END of the Season. How much better they get whacked with 17 points in the last week when they thought they were 16 points clear of relegation

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-rues-pompey-s-poor-start-1-4201221

denmeadblue

10:21 AM on 26/08/2012

A couple of things, to the little scrote on the train who slapped my daughter on the head and then spat in her face, just because she was in his way, I hope you are proud of your face. If that's the future of our fans, god help us. The other thing is and I not alone on thinking this, I really don't think MA has a clue tactically, I know he is up against it but with that team he should be getting more from them, as for his substitutions, don't get me started. Looks like a long hard season ahead.

Taken from the comments section of a Snooze article, seems that the bestest are not exactly 'whiter than white' after all and that Mr Appy is not seen as the messiah by everyone !!

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Twitter's like a ping pong ball in a bath.No matter how many times a rival fans' poor knowledge of #Pompey is exposed they pop right back up

This would be Neil 'block anyone who dares to question him or the club' Allen?

Say what you like about the Echo but their journos have a bit more spine than this gimp.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/howard-calls-on-pompey-to-stay-united-1-4201605

After being cheered on by more than 500 loyal Blues who made the long trip to Cumbria, the former Barnsley midfielder added: ‘I thought the fans were great again'.

We’ve got a small squad and haven’t got the opportunity to freshen things up.

So even a Scummer has been indoctrinated after only a few weeks !

They really must be the 'bestest' after all ????????

It's hard to tell where he stops talking about the fans ;)

Reading the match day programme instead of a "firm" book was classy.

Doing the back pack bit? No that was just me being a cock. (I will admit I was TRYING to hit his glass of pre-flight Bollinger and spill it onto his book but I failed miserably and just caught the side of his face with the side of my laptop weighed down with two bottles of DF Baileys.

However as I get hit on average by about 4 back-packs every time I fly (always have an Aisle seat) it also felt like a pay back for a few years of being whacked by ignorant cocks who had the impertinence to NOT do it on purpose and just be generally skate thick about their unfriendly impact on other peoples' faces.

So in answer, No it felt FARKING good, as did my comment to an Asian Gentleman later.

His ANNOYING BRAT had been running wild while Dad watched a movie and despite Hostie & Passenger complaints. When the Brat tried to drink my glass of Port I (gently) moved him aside. Oh Dad thought that was way out of order so he was a bit shocked when I applauded him and said, Oh well done, how clever of you, you've been able to have kids. Well that will upset Darwin.

Senior Hostie brough the entire bottle of Port up & left it for me for that line. Got a guffaw from the whole cabin.

Sounds like you win all your arguments you hero.

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Twitter's like a ping pong ball in a bath.No matter how many times a rival fans' poor knowledge of #Pompey is exposed they pop right back up

Think that might have been me last night. Odd really as thought he'd blocked me weeks ago.

You don't fool nutjobs, we know your game matey - see if you can spot the first move in Appy's campaign to hire a private jet for away games, maybe a rich fan could help?....

Kieran Djilali was sidelined at Carlisle by a back problem worsened by Pompey’s marathon nine-hour coach trip to Cumbria on Friday.

Kieran had a spasm getting on the coach.

Yeah, but that was no injury, it's just called reality setting in. :scared:

Forget scoring a winner in the cup final or playing in the world cup, your career-defining destiny is a 4-2 defeat at Carlisle.

Childhood dreams all but crushed by one pointless coach trip.

You don't fool nutjobs, we know your game matey - see if you can spot the first move in Appy's campaign to hire a private jet for away games, maybe a rich fan could help?....

Kieran Djilali was sidelined at Carlisle by a back problem worsened by Pompey’s marathon nine-hour coach trip to Cumbria on Friday.

Kieran had a spasm getting on the coach.

Yeah, but that was no injury, it's just called reality setting in. :scared:

Forget scoring a winner in the cup final or playing in the world cup, your career-defining destiny is a 4-2 defeat at Carlisle.

Childhood dreams all but crushed by one pointless coach trip.

If they travelled up on Friday they would have had an overnight stay in an hotel. How much did that cost? You can bet they didn't have to shove Lenny Henry out of his bed in the Travel Lodge, or whatever chain he advertises.

And the reason the trip on Friday took nine hours would be because they had several stops; lunch, tea break. Even in bad traffic, it doesn't take nine hours to drive from the south coast to Carlisle.

And the coach would not have been a Shamrock & Rambler charabanc. Their credit might be shot to pieces, but you can bet there's a coach company out there somewhere who will provide them with a luxury coach. Don't shed too many tears.

Besides, you have to question Djilali's fitness if he had a spasm getting ON the coach.

You could accept it if he had a spasm after being cramped and locked in the same position for nine hours of a gruelling trip up the M6.

But getting on? As Rallyboy eluded to, it was probably his pro footballer's pride and ego which went into spasm as he looked for a reason not to have to board the bux.

Because in absolute legal terms, someone could yet turn up and pay off CVA 1 in full. Until they officially don't, they can't officially deduct the points.

That was not what he said....he said the new owners wld have to accept -10 or lose the golden share.

If that were to be true, the CVA is an irrelevance re: points, surely?

Yawn....

They will NOT apply the points penalty NOW because the delay allows them to see whether any OTHER infractions occur and allows them to do a Luton or a Bompey.

Points penalties are IRRELEVANT - points mean nothing until the END of the Season. How much better they get whacked with 17 points in the last week when they thought they were 16 points clear of relegation

Well, that reflects badly on the league then.

The longer the season goes on without teams knowing who gets a penalty and who doesn't, the more absurd the competition.

E.g. Playing all 38 games in the Premiership and then deciding "Man City lose 1 point, Man Utd lose 0 points, Chelsea lose 5 points" would slightly take the shine off the competition.

At this early stage - and with only Porstmouth in the frame - it doesn't much matter. But the longer it drags, the more it matters (when do fellow relegation candidates start to play for a draw rather than a win etc)

Anecdotally.

Much classier

I think the big question is how did DP manage to sweet talk an upgrade? I fly a fair bit and have never managed it yet! Any chance you can reveal your secret? Even if it is via PM? I'll by you a beer next time I'm in Dubai!

Back on topic, my old man reckons Pompey will try doing a Greece and ask the Germans for bail out. He also said keep red bull away from that sh!t hole. They're one of the only companies who could pay off all pompey's debts.

I think the big question is how did DP manage to sweet talk an upgrade? I fly a fair bit and have never managed it yet! Any chance you can reveal your secret? Even if it is via PM? I'll by you a beer next time I'm in Dubai!

Back on topic, my old man reckons Pompey will try doing a Greece and ask the Germans for bail out. He also said keep red bull away from that sh!t hole. They're one of the only companies who could pay off all pompey's debts.

A BEER! As in ONE BEER? for THAT secret!

OK you have a PM

(Best I ever managed - economy to First on a 13 hour flight to New York on an A380 - even had a shower just before we landed)

On the tale of the coach - 9 hours to Carlisle - that was a short one!

It was Bank Holiday weekend - I was hearing the traffic news all day. The M6 was pretty much a car park from Brum northwards into Cheshire! Daughter was stuck in it for hours

Appleton said: ‘I spoke to Trevor at the weekend to see if I could have a copy of their (Portpin’s) cash flow and what they expect to spend.

‘He’s mentioned the offers and it’s about sifting through that. Then he has to see what is the best offer to take the club forward.’

No you Gimp, it's about the the best offer for the Creditors, or have you completely ****ing ignored that small point again.

Appleton said: ‘I spoke to Trevor at the weekend to see if I could have a copy of their (Portpin’s) cash flow and what they expect to spend.

‘He’s mentioned the offers and it’s about sifting through that. Then he has to see what is the best offer to take the club forward.’

Birchy said No, didn't he Micky? :lol:

If any of the bravest phew come on here for info I can categorically tell them that Honest Harry is NOT going to buy them or invest.

The source? The horses mouth!

Nobody ever said he was stupid.

Well, nobody except himself and his barrister, that is. :rolleyes:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})