Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So let's get this straight:

1. They're signing loan no. 6 - although they're only allowed 5 loanees

2. They're signing more players - I thought the FL had said they couldn't sign whilst in administration?

They can have up to 8 (4 below a certain age), but can only name 5 in the match day squad.

Seems the embargo is pretty meaningless again while the club uses loopholes to get around the 20 player minimum squad limit.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-set-to-complete-double-swoop-1-4208618

I mean, it's only fair that they should be able to outbid a small but well-run club on the up, isnt it, in the interests of being 'competitive?

DCFSBs.

Meanwhile, Russell has spent the summer trialling with Stevenage and was offered a deal. But he has been holding out for a Pompey move having long been a target of Appleton.

Its just another player to add to the list who have turned down deals from other L1 clubs to sign for Pompey, despite the club having "one of the lowest budgets of the entire division". Sometimes I wonder if even Neil Allen actually believes some of the utter sh*te he comes out with. The only person that knows what the current budget is and what the current wage bill is, is Trevor Birch. Un'Appy confirmed the other day that he had no idea what it was, but assumed it was one of the lowest in the division. Yet that gets turned by Pompey's spin doctor into genuine fact, time and again.

Lee Williamson turned down Sheffield United offer to him, believed to be around £3.5K per week, Brian Howard had a list of suitors for his signature, God knows what else, yet still we must hear the tired old cliche of ppor old Appy working on a shoestring.

Neil Allen really is an odious turd on twitter isn't he ?!?! He seems to have some "better than you attitude" and thinks any "scummer" knows nothing.....in fact, he should probably ease up in the use of the word "scummer" whilst representing his paper. If thy won't use th eword in the paper then he shouldnt be using it whilst representing them on twitter.

Still, I guess the good news is that he will probably be out of a job when it goes to a weekly publication.

some one should set up a parody account (Allen_Neil) to remove the skate slant of things!

They are limping away already

Kieran Djilali has left Fratton Park.

The 21-year-old midfielder has come to a mutual agreement with Pompey to terminate his one-month deal early.

Blues boss Michael Appleton said: “Kieran picked up a lot of niggly injuries in his time here. He’s a talented kid, but we can only work with 20 players and I need to get a defender in.

“I wanted to be straight with him and do it now, so he’s got the chance to find another football club.

“We’re blessed in the wide areas with talented players like Liam Walker, Ashley Harris, Lee Williamson and Jack Compton.

“Kieran would probably end up being a bit of a luxury rather than someone we need, but we wish him all the best for the future.”

Djilali made one appearance for the Blues during his short spell on the south coast, playing 89 minutes of the opening day draw with Bournemouth at Fratton Park.

The Londoner came through the ranks at Crystal Palace and also had spells at Chesterfield and AFC Wimbledon

Did he ask to be paid on time?

What an enjoyable read, what a nice, sensible and reasonable bloke that Balman is....

smacks of desperation to me - wouldn't of needed to release this if he thought it was in the bag

"As we have always stated, Portpin are willing to release their security and allow for a sale to take place to any bidder who can prove funds, not only to agree a deal with Portpin but also to fund the club going forward.

thats not Portpins problem - that for Birch to decide (funds going forward). Funny how Portpin intend to pay most of the football creditors in years 3 and 4 - AFTER the parachute payments end and after Kushnir said they would be gone. Doubt Chinny reckon has even seen all the bid details either - he will know about the amount offered to him I expect

"At present, they are a long way from that and until then we cannot take the PST bid as a viable bid in order not to risk the attempts to rescue the club."

Thats not your decision to make Portpin - if TB see's it as the best deal / viable then see you in court for a true valuation of Fratton Park

"Portpin do have the club's best interests at heart and will not agree to a sale to a party who has no ability to fund the club going forward. Portpin have invested a substantial amount of money in the club and should receive a fair value for that investment.

So why do want £10m for Fratton Park then Chinny when TB has had it valued at around £3M

What an enjoyable read, what a nice, sensible and reasonable bloke that Balman is....

Kin-ell Is this the Takeover Saga OR Gloater's R us, You know as well as us this lovable Oriental gentleman(lying sack of s**t) has welshed on every promise he has ever made,

Lol @ Mero!

Of course Chinny is worried about the long term future of the club - well the short term until the PPs run out!

He knows if the trust take over the club will not receive the golden ticket, and will effectively be liquidated.

Liquidated club = no PPs for Chinny :) Like he said, he isn't prepared to see the club liquidated as he's got a lot of cash tied up that he wants to get his grubby hands on!

Kin-ell Is this the Takeover Saga OR Gloater's R us, You know as well as us this lovable Oriental gentleman(lying sack of s**t) has welshed on every promise he has ever made,

I can think of two he hasn't welched on ;)

1. I am secure, I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK

2. I won't let PFC be liquidated

See, he's an honorable gentleman :)

Mack if it was Gloater's R us I'd mention that that we may be spending more on one player than the value of your squad, but it's not so I will not.

Mack if it was Gloater's R us I'd mention that that we may be spending more on one player than the value of your squad, but it's not so I will not.

Correction : the value of their squad equals the square root of f#ck all !

I presume that you meant the total value of their CLUB (that would include the value of the clock, fatty pipes etc..) ?????

Have to say T B's been. Dry quiet this week considering there were two revised bids put in a week ago. I would have thought he would have wanted a deal with one of them done sooner rather than later. Opinions?

I wonder if it's getting close to annual bonus time and bonus is linked to amount of profit he makes PKF.

Ian

Correction : the value of their squad equals the square root of f#ck all !

Given the break from reality of their signing if I wonder if the value of their squad is actually the square root of an negative number? As its only by taking into account the imaginary axis that any sense can be made of their finances.

Have we all read this? http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=18018&title=hall_right_now:_youve_got_to_laugh_as_portpin_go_on_the_offensive... :lol:

It appears the irony remains completely lost

The idea that their risky 'wonga' style loan deserves some kind of sympathy from anyone is simply hilarious. High-risk loans contain a high risk. They took the risk and lost their money. That, my friends, is tough titty. The idea that PKF, players, HMRC and local business should all get stiffed and just take it but Portpin should be treated 'fairly' almost defies belief.

When you make an investment in a business, you bet on the business increasing in value. If it doesn't, you've lost your money. That's why the higher the risk the higher the interest you charge. That's why Spain pay more to borrow than the UK, because you lend Spain money and you stand a much greater chance of only getting half of it back.

:facepalm:

and there was me thinking that actually taking out an ambitious loan was the risky bit...

Fail to pay it back, lose your club.

But from that quote it seems that the risk taker is always the loan shark, he's never quite sure whether he'll get his cash back - silly old loan shark!

That must be why he's so poor.

idiots.

Little Johnny from Hayling Island was gravely ill in hospital and sadly passed away. As per his wishes, he requested this his favourite football team be his pall bearers for his coffin.

His mother said "he always wanted Pompey to let him down one last time".

smacks of desperation to me - wouldn't of needed to release this if he thought it was in the bag

"As we have always stated, Portpin are willing to release their security and allow for a sale to take place to any bidder who can prove funds, not only to agree a deal with Portpin but also to fund the club going forward.

thats not Portpins problem - that for Birch to decide (funds going forward).

Trouble you chaps is that in reality it is for Portpin to decide if they want to. They hold all the cards. You can't do anything without Portpin being in agreement.

"At present, they are a long way from that and until then we cannot take the PST bid as a viable bid in order not to risk the attempts to rescue the club."

Thats not your decision to make Portpin - if TB see's it as the best deal / viable then see you in court for a true valuation of Fratton Park

I still can't believe that you all think this is a viable option. :facepalm:

Birchy is more likely to play in goal for you tomorrow than take this to court. Total red herring.

"Portpin do have the club's best interests at heart and will not agree to a sale to a party who has no ability to fund the club going forward. Portpin have invested a substantial amount of money in the club and should receive a fair value for that investment."

So why do want £10m for Fratton Park then Chinny when TB has had it valued at around £3M

A valuation that was, of course, totally subjective and not at all what Birch wanted to hear. Oh no, sir. Honestly not. How much was it last valued at by the Land Registry? £7.2m? How much was it apparently worth as development land when Mad Milan wanted to build 300 flats on it to fund one of your crackpot new stadium schemes?

I almost feel sorry for you guys, believing all this tripe. :facepalm:

Edited by Torres

Have we all read this? http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=18018&title=hall_right_now:_youve_got_to_laugh_as_portpin_go_on_the_offensive... :lol:

The idea that their risky 'wonga' style loan deserves some kind of sympathy from anyone is simply hilarious. High-risk loans contain a high risk. They took the risk and lost their money. That, my friends, is tough titty. The idea that PKF, players, HMRC and local business should all get stiffed and just take it but Portpin should be treated 'fairly' almost defies belief.

When you make an investment in a business, you bet on the business increasing in value. If it doesn't, you've lost your money. That's why the higher the risk the higher the interest you charge. That's why Spain pay more to borrow than the UK, because you lend Spain money and you stand a much greater chance of only getting half of it back

It appears the irony remains completely lost

:facepalm:

Wonder what PCC would make of that attitude in view of their proposed high risk £1.45M loan

Trouble you chaps is that in reality it is for Portpin to decide if they want to. They hold all the cards. You can't do anything without Portpin being in agreement.

I still can't believe that you all think this is a viable option. :facepalm

Excellent points, but you forgot.....

How much was it worth when CorpyHoHoHo came on here and told us his "sources" hasd confirmed that Tesco had £20M set aside to buy FP ...... and how much was it worth when they duped the court in Jan/Feb 2010 that they were NOY insolvent - by bigging up their "assets" - players and "stadium" in their financial statement.....

Conveniently, it's worth jackshlt now.......

Also, loving the "almost" feeling sorry! Nearlym, but not quite.

:)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/property-developer-set-to-give-boost-to-fans-takeover-bid-1-4214093

FANS who want to buy Pompey have been given a boost by a businessman who could secure the future of Fratton Park.

The News understands property developer Stuart Robinson has offered to buy the stadium and lease it back to the Pompey Supporters’ Trust

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/property-developer-set-to-give-boost-to-fans-takeover-bid-1-4214093

FANS who want to buy Pompey have been given a boost by a businessman who could secure the future of Fratton Park.

The News understands property developer Stuart Robinson has offered to buy the stadium and lease it back to the Pompey Supporters’ Trust

Think the clue is in his job title to be honest - buy the lot and pray the trust goes tita up, then develop the whole lot.

How much would he buy it for though...

As much as Chanrai wants to charge him...it's his ...

This, fishy interlopers, is why this is all so much fun for us - and another example of who holds the cards here - and it's not Trevor Birch or his company who could have their ar*es sued across the courts were they found to have not acted in the best interests of the creditors who include....my mate Balu!

Mack - you are the only fish-molester on here that, I think, understands and who has genuine humour but you're expecting me to renounce my scummerdom?!:?

Why cant Journos get some simple facts correct? Fratton Stadium and the land to the west (car park patrolled by the woman on a scooter) are owned by different entities, BOTH in administration.

If said developer buys FP from Portpin he will do it Stp and then on the hope he buys the other land from Miland Devts 2004 in admin. No way in hell will any profit from that go back to the football club.

Football history is littered with broken clubs who lost their grounds and never recovered.

You would have to be desperate to even consider selling the last asset, on the offchance that the buyer has your best interests at heart.

Let's just clarify - at the moment the ground is owned by Portsmouth FC under the management of Birch, but controlled by Chinny through his charges.

This great new idea seems to be that the ground is taken out of the club, in the same way that the surrounding land was...:scared:

IF this guy is able to outbid Chanrai, and that'll probably take about £8M, the land of fatpipes will then be owned by a property developer with little concern for the club/Trust etc - for the moment he just wants rent.

The only winners in this scenario are Chinny, and possibly Robinson, if he can create a profit from the deal - though I think the cost will scupper his plans.

Is there a bookies that offers odds on people going from hero to villain on the same day?

The Trust should be wary of any bloke who has stood by quietly for two years watching the club spiral into the oblivion, and then stepped in at the last minute as a saviour...but I'm sure they know what they're doing so go on, welcome him with open arms and chant his name until the reality dawns.

Don't come moaning to us when he rips you off, the potential for even further disaster is there for all to see.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})