Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Wow. No doubt anyone at #Pompey today will be as stunned as me at that. Your views please and I'll put 10 of them into Monday's paper.

He really is quite deluded :facepalm:

Why? They had 63% possession, which was up at 74% before the two red cards happened. They had 6 shots on target to Oldham's 1. Sounded like they dominated the game. I think we'd feel the same way if it was us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19378034

Why? They had 63% possession, which was up at 74% before the two red cards happened. They had 6 shots on target to Oldham's 1. Sounded like they dominated the game. I think we'd feel the same way if it was us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19378034

Deano, get a grip of yourself man, that almost sounds like sympathy..... :-)

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Wow. No doubt anyone at #Pompey today will be as stunned as me at that. Your views please and I'll put 10 of them into Monday's paper.

He really is quite deluded :facepalm:

They're finding out what we already knew, this league is not a walk in the park. Next up, a nice little tester, away to the mighty Crawley.

Joe Michalczuk ‏@joemichalczuk

The only league one attendance into double figures today? Fratton Park....

From Sheffield United's OS....

In an action-packed game in front of a crowd of 18,790, United maintain the unbeaten start and in the process inflict Bournemouth's first defeat of the campaign.

:lol:

FWIW, 12,000 is still a **** poor attendance for a club who claim to have the greatest supporters in the world.

The trust intend to settle with the former players at £2 million so if Chinny were to amend his offer to, say, £3million then surely that is a better deal for the creditors ? It would also be in keeping with his style of 'profit by opportunity' !

Having said that, the offer of paying the players £8.5 million over 4 years is probably a better bet for him as he wouldn't think twice over defaulting on the deal (I'm sure his mate AA has a number of cunning solutions up his sleeve, ready and waiting!).

He has two years to fleece the club out as much money as possible then of course there is value in the ground when liquidation comes looming over Fraton park once more!

I guess they'll raise their game for their new local rivals.

I'm sure the Crawley game will be a heroic battling pluckfest against the odds - only ruined by the ref, or the pitch, or the league, or Portpin.

How long before they fall out with The News if they continue to print the league table?

Home loss, poor crowd, red card - unlucky.

the best quote......'The referee lost the plot. The game was probably a little bit too big for him and maybe the occasion was TOO BIG FOR HIM IN TERMS OF FRATTON PARK'...what the **** is that bloke on?!?!

What are you on? It doesn't get bigger than Portsmouth vs Oldham in one of Europe's finest stadia with the entire footballing world watching...

The delusion is totally incomprehendable! "Maybe the occasion was too big for him in terms of Fratton Park".... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

League One referees in the past few years have had to officiate at Elland Road and Hillsborough, two of the most famous football grounds in the country, but that's nothing in comparison to the falling down shack of beauty that is Fratton Park.

My days...

Their lack of self-awarness and delusion about their place in football really is a sight to behold :lol:

If you want delusion, look at the league table from yesterday's official Skate site - like the -10, they won't accept the two defeats and bottom 4 placing until their appeal has been heard.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Appy-We-Won-t-Change-3657.aspx

Bit surprised more wasn't made of this little gem - the DCFSBs live up to their name yet again.

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/football/pompey-latest/appy-players-are-staying-until-january-1-4217723

Michael Appleton has revealed Pompey’s players cannot move to another club until January.

The Blues’ current squad will not be allowed to sign for another team before the start of 2013, despite most of them being on one-month deals.

And Appleton assured supporters the finance is in place to keep together the players currently at Fratton Park, regardless of whether a takeover of the club is completed in the coming days.

The Pompey players’ current deals run until September 6 – and Football League regulations state only players unattached on the final day of the window can be signed in a closed period.

Appleton said: ‘We’re in control of the situation.

‘They can’t leave the club until the contract finishes – which is the second week of September.

‘If they leave they can’t sign for another club until January, so it’s in their best interests to stay.

‘Even if they don’t want to stay beyond January they can earn themselves a contract by playing and playing well.

‘It was a difficult situation we were put in, but we knew what we were doing and we weren’t stupid.

‘We weren’t going in with our eyes closed.

‘It works for both parties. If they aren’t comfortable with the situation in January we can reassess it then.

‘It’s in everyone’s best interests to re-sign.’

Bit surprised more wasn't made of this little gem - the DCFSBs live up to their name yet again.

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/football/pompey-latest/appy-players-are-staying-until-january-1-4217723

Michael Appleton has revealed Pompey’s players cannot move to another club until January.

The Blues’ current squad will not be allowed to sign for another team before the start of 2013, despite most of them being on one-month deals.

And Appleton assured supporters the finance is in place to keep together the players currently at Fratton Park, regardless of whether a takeover of the club is completed in the coming days.

The Pompey players’ current deals run until September 6 – and Football League regulations state only players unattached on the final day of the window can be signed in a closed period.

‘They can’t leave the club until the contract finishes – which is the second week of September.

‘If they leave they can’t sign for another club until January, so it’s in their best interests to stay.

‘Even if they don’t want to stay beyond January they can earn themselves a contract by playing and playing well.

‘It was a difficult situation we were put in, but we knew what we were doing and we weren’t stupid.

‘It works for both parties. If they aren’t comfortable with the situation in January we can reassess it then.

Struggling with a lack of cash?

Can't seem to make your way in the game under a transfer embargo?

Creditors you'd like to mug off?

Contact Skates FC, we have the IP to give everyone the V's*

*Football league sanctioned and approved

I wonder what the PFA will have to say about that - If pompey discard one of those players on the 6th September, they will not be allowed to work until January - that can't be right surely. Restraint of trade springs to mind.

I have always tried to refrain from lobbing insults at them, but they really are the lowest form of pond life.

I wonder what the PFA will have to say about that - If pompey discard one of those players on the 6th September, they will not be allowed to work until January - that can't be right surely. Restraint of trade springs to mind.

I have always tried to refrain from lobbing insults at them, but they really are the lowest form of pond life.

Pretty sure they will be able to sign for other clubs as the loan window will be open won't it?

I thought the rules implied that appy was wrong? The club hold their registrations during their month but unless they renew the contract the don't keep the registration?

They are not effected by the various windows as, like owen, they are free agents and can sign at any time.

The referee lost the plot. The game was probably a little bit too big for him and maybe the occasion was too big for him in terms of Fratton Park.

That has to be one of the best quotes ever........12,000 odd must have benn terrifying ;-)

A large chunk of that crowd were schoolkids with free tickets lol !

the best quote......'The referee lost the plot. The game was probably a little bit too big for him and maybe the occasion was TOO BIG FOR HIM IN TERMS OF FRATTON PARK'...what the **** is that bloke on?!?!

But he then goes on to say that he didn't actually see the incident - so he's slagging-off the ref for losing the plot in the heated atmosphere of a half-empty stadium, and getting a decision completely wrong regarding an incident that Unappy himself claims he didn't see.

The complete lack of logic would have Mr Spock foaming at the mouth!

I thought the rules implied that appy was wrong? The club hold their registrations during their month but unless they renew the contract the don't keep the registration?

They are not effected by the various windows as, like owen, they are free agents and can sign at any time.

Okay, maybe I'm completely confused about the situation, but I thought:

a) DFCSBs were still under a transfer embargo, which meant that...

b) They can only "sign" players under one month "uncontracted" terms, which meant that...

c) According to someone who posted the exact rules on this a few days (couple of weeks?) ago (apologies - but this thread moves on far too quickly!) the players weren't tied to the club and therefore would be free to sign for any other club without impediment from DFCSBs

If it turns out that DFCSBs are actually signing these players on proper contracts which does stop the players from playing for another club until January at the earliest, how have they managed to get past the transfer embargo?

Okay, maybe I'm completely confused about the situation, but I thought:

a) DFCSBs were still under a transfer embargo, which meant that...

b) They can only "sign" players under one month "uncontracted" terms, which meant that...

c) According to someone who posted the exact rules on this a few days (couple of weeks?) ago (apologies - but this thread moves on far too quickly!) the players weren't tied to the club and therefore would be free to sign for any other club without impediment from DFCSBs

If it turns out that DFCSBs are actually signing these players on proper contracts which does stop the players from playing for another club until January at the earliest, how have they managed to get past the transfer embargo?

Asked and answered m'lud

Edited by Faz

I would have thought that the ref was too big for that game as he had the balls to send a home player off. Appy is obviously not appy as the home crowd did not influence the ref in his favour