Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2012/sep/04/portsmouth-fans-club-collapse

To return to the topic for a moment. This by David Conn today? Mostly correct, one of the few to point out how much the creditors have lost, though appears to omit how much the Trust want to cut the players settlements.

At least its the first (that I've seen) that points out what the original creditors will miss out on.

anyway...first time I have seen the new pompey...they are dogshyt.......the cherries should have been out of sight...

They see it differently on POL.

Well that was exciting;hopefully a morale booster which will help in the league.

Yep, getting absolutely battered (9 shots Pompey, 19 shots Bournemouth), at home, by the club currently in 19th place, who played 3 or 4 of their reserves. What a shot in the arm :lol::lol::lol:

Dark Munster. It is on the wedding Video - am working on it ;)

FMDP took me out to visit her SIX fit female Cousins (Poor Dad - 6 daughters age range 21 - 30 all single)

Just got an innernet feed of the end of the game and "Oh so THAT was what the song was about"

Can't say there is a little corner of Poland that is Red & White as the entire damned country is.

But seems they get it and Rallyboy - you HAVE been cut & pasted by Mama who is an English Language teacher here. You are apparently due to be debated this week as possibly one of the great new British Satirists. (All she had for her lesson was a 10 year + old Stephen Fry Novel - she has my password and is busy copy & pasting. If enything comes of it a Bottle of Wyborowa is reserved for you when you get off RyanAir to collect your honorary degree here

C'mon Bompey

Ok, reasons the crowd was so low, I will kick off.

Tuesday Night

On Sky

Protest at Football League

Protest at Chanrai

Paint pot crap competition

Game against Oldham at weekend

Ticket was £10

Lifetime season tickets not valid

No boats in the harbour

Bompey support crap

Concluding part of drama on ITV

If it hadn't been for those factors the bestest would have packed the park. Perhaps they only brought £5m into the local economy tonight :lol:

Ok, reasons the crowd was so low, I will kick off.

Tuesday Night

On Sky

Protest at Football League

Protest at Chanrai

Paint pot crap competition

Game against Oldham at weekend

Ticket was £10

Lifetime season tickets not valid

No boats in the harbour

Bompey support crap

Concluding part of drama on ITV

If it hadn't been for those factors the bestest would have packed the park. Perhaps they only brought £5m into the local economy tonight :lol:

:lol:

Michael Appleton, the manager of Portsmouth whose supporters back the concept of mutual and democratic ownership.

Hmm, wouldn't it be interesting if the Trust had undertaken a survey of its membership, and found that they DID NOT support outright fan ownership as is being claimed?

They did!

They asked them to put their money where their mouths are and pledge support for the trust.

What was the result? About 1500 of the 250,000 that celebrated the cup win did so. That's not exactly an overwhelming majority...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/tax-justice-bus-set-to-roll-into-portsmouth-1-4222834

Guess who's greeting the bus? Yes it's the number 1 supporter of the number 1 tax avoidance scheme in Portsmouth!!! I'm struggling to find the words........

Another point for 'Team Reality' vs 'You Couldn't Make It Up'. Here's hoping the bus pulls up for a photo opportunity outside Fatpipe Park.

They did!

They asked them to put their money where their mouths are and pledge support for the trust.

What was the result? About 1500 of the 250,000 that celebrated the cup win did so. That's not exactly an overwhelming majority...

Well I was thinking more literally...

What if in March they conducted a survey of their members (all 1332 of them), and that of those that actually ot returned results (518), only 25% actually voted for fan ownership?

And then they published the results as a download on the PST website?

And then they later removed the file, presumably because the results didn't support their agenda?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/tax-justice-bus-set-to-roll-into-portsmouth-1-4222834

Guess who's greeting the bus? Yes it's the number 1 supporter of the number 1 tax avoidance scheme in Portsmouth!!! I'm struggling to find the words........

Jesus Christ, I'm crying here :lol:

Let's just remind ourselves - how much have they stolen in tax? £58m?

Edited by Torres

Well I was thinking more literally...

What if in March they conducted a survey of their members (all 1332 of them), and that of those that actually ot returned results (518), only 25% actually voted for fan ownership?

And then they published the results as a download on the PST website?

And then they later removed the file, presumably because the results didn't support their agenda?

Did I blink and miss something there?!

@pn_neil_allen: Appleton confirms Hermann Hreidarsson coming back to #Pompey on trial. More later.

I could pretend to be shocked about the bankcrupt club that is meandering towards financial melt down signing yet more players but I won't bother I#ve rather gotten used to them making it up as they go along hopefully all these players are just eating a bigger hole into the bottom of the empty money sack that is currently being used to fund the club.

Dark Munster. It is on the wedding Video - am working on it ;)

FMDP took me out to visit her SIX fit female Cousins (Poor Dad - 6 daughters age range 21 - 30 all single)

Just got an innernet feed of the end of the game and "Oh so THAT was what the song was about"

Can't say there is a little corner of Poland that is Red & White as the entire damned country is.

But seems they get it and Rallyboy - you HAVE been cut & pasted by Mama who is an English Language teacher here. You are apparently due to be debated this week as possibly one of the great new British Satirists. (All she had for her lesson was a 10 year + old Stephen Fry Novel - she has my password and is busy copy & pasting. If enything comes of it a Bottle of Wyborowa is reserved for you when you get off RyanAir to collect your honorary degree here

C'mon Bompey

I know its off topic, but photo's please Phil.

I know its off topic, but photo's please Phil.

I'd love to but we need to focus on the momentous news of the pending return of Mr Relegation to the Skates.

I will however admit to having had Breakfast in bed this morning ;)

(Mainly 'cos TBH the queue for the bathroom & kitchen was about the same size as an annual skate creditor meeting queue)

Chainrai sets trust ‘impossible’ £1m Fratton rent offer

If we assume he's looking for a 5% yield, that means he values FP at £20m - the same as Tescos were apparently prepared to pay according to some long forgotten poster on here. He's being entirely consistent.

Chainrai sets trust ‘impossible’ £1m Fratton rent offer

How strange. That is exactly the figure we forecast he would set some 250 pages ago when they first came up with their plan.

Obviously, since we know nothing, we could not have worked that out ourselves and so, along with PST, we must express our shock and surprise that he so randomly came up with that figure....

After all "shock and surprised" as we are, we have only had 250+ pages to come to terms with this concept, so cannot expect PST (who obviously never read this because it is all rubbish) to have a coherent response as they would never have seen this curve ball coming.

I'm sure Rallyboy (The next Polish Poet Laureate) will find a better way to express their shock and surprise at this astonishing co-incidence.

How many lucky co-incidences has it been now? anyone keeping track?

Edited by dubai_phil

If we assume he's looking for a 5% yield, that means he values FP at £20m - the same as Tescos were apparently prepared to pay according to some long forgotten poster on here. He's being entirely consistent.

That's an extremely low yield bearing in mind the risk involved. Would have thought triple that and a third of the value probably more likely.

How strange. That is exactly the figure we forecast he would set some 250 pages ago when they first came up with their plan.

Obviously, since we know nothing, we could not have worked that out ourselves and so, along with PST, we must express our shock and surprise that he so randomly came up with that figure....

After all "shock and surprised" as we are, we have only had 250+ pages to come to terms with this concept, so cannot expect PST (who obviously never read this because it is all rubbish) to have a coherent response as they would never have seen this curve ball coming.

I'm sure Rallyboy (The next Polish Poet Laureate) will find a better way to express their shock and surprise at this astonishing co-incidence.

How many lucky co-incidences has it been now? anyone keeping track?

I believe it was I who first suggested £1 million a year in rent (though no doubt someone will correct me!) What I hadn't realised was that Chainrai is obviously a forum member and got the idea from here.

Ought I to get commission? And which user name is BC's I wonder?

Surely the rent only being half what they were paying TBH it should be a snip. In fact it is odd that they not only did not agree to the rent but offer add ons for image rights and bonesses for the MD for good performances. I assume the £1m would be plus vat...ohhhhhh

Wouldn`t it be good if our ex resident clueless, doll selling,deluded,fantasist poster Corp Ho

came back to post his take on the latest on the developments at fatpipes..

Go on corpy we know you are reading, be honest with yourself,you really want to don`t you?

He's not Corpy, He's Banker - obviously the toy computer he writes on has a 'W' where there should be a 'B'

Colin Farmery, spokesman for the Pompey Supporters’ Trust, confirmed ‘tentative’ conversations were held between the parties and a seven-figure sum was put forward by Portpin for the trust to rent the ground.

The News understands the figure is around £1m per year.

They are sharp those guys at the news working out that a seven figure sum is around £1m! No flies on them.

Colin Farmery, spokesman for the Pompey Supporters’ Trust, confirmed ‘tentative’ conversations were held between the parties and a seven-figure sum was put forward by Portpin for the trust to rent the ground.

The News understands the figure is around £1m per year.

They are sharp those guys at the news working out that a seven figure sum is around £1m! No flies on them.

tbf to them a seven figure sum could be anything from £1,000,000 to £9,999,999 and they have put an actual figure on it that they believe it to be.

Nige obviously left a legacy of radical development and an open mind on fresh ideas when he moved south.

S****horpe manager and former Saints apprentice Alan Knill has adopted the pompey way for cost-cutting and low cost catering, and is taking it to a new level.

I got hit by a squirrel. I went over the top of my bike and landed on my head, shoulder and neck," Knill told BBC Radio Humberside.

I saw it run into the road but couldn't do anything about it and it just hit my wheel and stuck.

UnAppy has missed a trick, Knill has combined the low cost travel with roadkill harvesting, he just needs to create a tent out of the fur and he can sign ANYONE without incurring any costs at all!

And if that fails, he could just lie and say a rich fan has paid for it.

Avram lubi zaszaleć na młodzieży w okienku transferowym. :scared:

tbf to them a seven figure sum could be anything from £1,000,000 to £9,999,999 and they have put an actual figure on it that they believe it to be.

And, of course, a 7 figure sum in Pompeyland is, in reality, a 4 figure sum once you've taken into account the dilution effect of 2 CVAs...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})