Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Speaking to an ex-Pimpey player there's a rumour doing the rounds that the council have or will offer the Trust the opportunity to build a new ground on land earmarked fro redevelopment where the old greyhound stadium was. I know that an exit off the M275 in that area has been in the pipeline for years, has anyone else heard this or is it just a ruse to force Baloo's hand with regards to selling FP?

Speaking to an ex-Pimpey player there's a rumour doing the rounds that the council have or will offer the Trust the opportunity to build a new ground on land earmarked fro redevelopment where the old greyhound stadium was. I know that an exit off the M275 in that area has been in the pipeline for years, has anyone else heard this or is it just a ruse to force Baloo's hand with regards to selling FP?

And how much will that cost? The council can't just gift the land. Then there's. Planning, BHAFC took years to get this for Falmer, that's without even thinking about building costs. We didn't get change from £35m and BHAFC was over £90m. Makes £1m a year to Balu look positively bargain basement.

Edited by andysstuff
Fat fingers

What they going to build it with ? Imagine all the Leigh Park rejects donning their sack-cloths and building the new stadium like Egyptian slaves

And how much will that cost? The council can't just gift the land. Then there's. Planning, BHAFC took years to get this for Falmer, that's without even thinking about building costs. We didn't get change from £35m and BHAFC was over £90m. Makes £1m a year to Balu look positively bargain basement.

Yes, but a 10,000 capacity ground isn't going to cost as much is it?

The whole trust argument (And that's before they have borrowed money from a property developer) is based on the fact that fatpipes park is only worth 2.5 million and that Birc can force a sale through the courts for that amount.

Does anyone know if that is indeed true or whether Chanrai can argue that point? I have to think he can but am not sure. But if he argued that even if he charges 250k a year in rent (Let's say the same as this new property developer) than although he would stil lose money, he would be better off in ten years time tahn te deal they are offering today.

Does anyone (Clapham) know for sure how this all works?

Cheers

This should clear up the confusion about month long contracts and player registrations.

Me to the PFA:

Subject: Player Registrations I am writing to you to ask you to clarify a point regarding player registrations.

If a player is engaged on a month long contract, his registration has to be held by the engaging club. At the end of the month long contract, the engaging club may choose not to renew that contract. If the registration takes place before the close of the transfer window, it is being mooted that the club can continue to hold the registration and that this registration cannot be released until the opening of a subsequent transfer window.

If this is righ,t does the club holding the registration but not renewing the contract still have to pay the player?

If the club doesn't have to pay the player but, by holding on to the registration effectively stops that player playing elsewhere for another club and earning a wage , does that not become a case of 'restraint of trade'.

If my understanding is correct, it seems to me that many clubs can exploit this loophole to the detriment of your members.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this matter as to me, just a simple football fan, this seems grossly unfair.

PFA reply:

Reference your email.

If a club does not offer a player further engagement at the conclusion of a monthly contract then the club cannot hold onto a player’s registration.

If you require any further information on football regulations then these are obtainable on the Football League and Premier Leagues’ websites.

Regards

John

So UnAppy is lying through his teeth

What they going to build it with ? Imagine all the Leigh Park rejects donning their sack-cloths and building the new stadium like Egyptian slaves

This is pretty much what Union Berlin did. I was talking to a guy in Germany about them, and the phew could learn a lot from their efforts. They basically built a stadium on fan donations and fans actually built the stadium in their spare time! This is from the following link:

The role their fans played in rescuing the club when it faced financial obliteration in the late 1990s. Fans devoted thousands of working hours for free as they literally rebuilt the stadium. They also ran the remarkable "Bleed for Union" campaign, where cash given to blood donors was donated to the club.[/Quote]

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1021-November-2011/8015-union-berlin-fans-to-buy-a-stand-for-their-stadium-

Fans that could label themselves the bestest. Google Union Berlin fans stadium - to find out more...

This is pretty much what Union Berlin did. I was talking to a guy in Germany about them, and the phew could learn a lot from their efforts. They basically built a stadium on fan donations and fans actually built the stadium in their spare time! This is from the following link:

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1021-November-2011/8015-union-berlin-fans-to-buy-a-stand-for-their-stadium-

Fans that could label themselves the bestest. Google Union Berlin fans stadium - to find out more...

Christ on a bike - don't let them donate their blood! Jeez!!!!!

This should clear up the confusion about month long contracts and player registrations.

Me to the PFA:

Subject: Player Registrations I am writing to you to ask you to clarify a point regarding player registrations.

If a player is engaged on a month long contract, his registration has to be held by the engaging club. At the end of the month long contract, the engaging club may choose not to renew that contract. If the registration takes place before the close of the transfer window, it is being mooted that the club can continue to hold the registration and that this registration cannot be released until the opening of a subsequent transfer window.

If this is righ,t does the club holding the registration but not renewing the contract still have to pay the player?

If the club doesn't have to pay the player but, by holding on to the registration effectively stops that player playing elsewhere for another club and earning a wage , does that not become a case of 'restraint of trade'.

If my understanding is correct, it seems to me that many clubs can exploit this loophole to the detriment of your members.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this matter as to me, just a simple football fan, this seems grossly unfair.

PFA reply:

Reference your email.

If a club does not offer a player further engagement at the conclusion of a monthly contract then the club cannot hold onto a player’s registration.

If you require any further information on football regulations then these are obtainable on the Football League and Premier Leagues’ websites.

Regards

John

So UnAppy is lying through his teeth

Does this also mean that any player who's contract runs out at the end of that month can just leave of their own desire?

I have never liked players waving imaginary cards when fouled and like wise on here have never reported a post or called for an infraction against a poster, but Saint Mikey that is just too much.

So against the grain, I call on the MODs to take decisive and proportional action against the poster who is advocating the blue few contribute blood to the National stock pile.

Good grief.

So they cannot hold on to the registration, but the player is still not free to sign for anyone else, as they were a registered player at the point the window closed.

That oddly would appear to be the case but as with all things the FA has the final say and there is awlays a clause in the rules to give them flexibility.

I have never liked players waving imaginary cards when fouled and like wise on here have never reported a post or called for an infraction against a poster, but Saint Mikey that is just too much.

So against the grain, I call on the MODs to take decisive and proportional action against the poster who is advocating the blue few contribute blood to the National stock pile.

Good grief.

Lol. I wasn't advocating that (as an aside we don't pay for blood in this country anyway, do we?).

Was pointing out that they could call on skilled fans like 'Terry the Builder' to help build them a new stadium. It's not like they've used up all their goodwill with local traders, is it??

Are you sure he didn't just hear something about pompey going to the dogs ?

More seriously this is exactly the sort of option they should be exploring..

Liquidate PFC (2010/2011/2012/or whatever it is now, ltd) and set up a new club , initially ground-sharing with Havant or whoever, then building a small (say 6-10k?) stadium somewhere else with council help, as they climb back up the non-league to maybe one day re-entering the FL, say by about year 2020, and then stabilising as a lower division team, and then maybe even with occasional exciting short forays into the championship for the odd year when things go really well.

Does this also mean that any player who's contract runs out at the end of that month can just leave of their own desire?

Yes but pompey claim it does not mean that they can sign for anyone else after they leave. They'd be stuck in limbo, unemployed and unemployable, until the January window opened.

It can't be correct though, surely? After all clubs can loan players in that time. It would surely be a 'restraint of trade' ?

So they cannot hold on to the registration, but the player is still not free to sign for anyone else, as they were a registered player at the point the window closed.

I've just boggled my mind completely reading the FL rules and I don't know that things are any clearer to me. I think a lot will hinge on whether, once the contract has expired and is not renewed, the player then becomes an unemployed player. Common sense tells me he would as he's out of contract. If th at's the case, then I think this regulation would apply:

59.1 Subject to Regulation 59.2 below, a Club may register a Player for a period of one (and, for the avoidance of doubt, not less than one) calendar month or more calendar months provided that the registration expires on or before 30 June following registration.

59.2 A Club may only register a Player in accordance with Regulation 59.1 (subject to the provisions of Regulation 41.5) during a Closed Period if he is an Unemployed Player.

And then

59.6 On the expiry of a registration under this Regulation a Player is entitled to sign for any Club of his choice without restriction and without payment of any compensation.

If so

56.2 A Club may only register a Non-Contract Player (subject to the provisions of Regulation 41.5) during a Closed Period if he is an Unemployed Player.

See how confusing it is? Is a player out of contract an unemployed player?

I've just boggled my mind completely reading the FL rules and I don't know that things are any clearer to me. I think a lot will hinge on whether, once the contract has expired and is not renewed, the player then becomes an unemployed player. Common sense tells me he would as he's out of contract. If th at's the case, then I think this regulation would apply:

59.1 Subject to Regulation 59.2 below, a Club may register a Player for a period of one (and, for the avoidance of doubt, not less than one) calendar month or more calendar months provided that the registration expires on or before 30 June following registration.

59.2 A Club may only register a Player in accordance with Regulation 59.1 (subject to the provisions of Regulation 41.5) during a Closed Period if he is an Unemployed Player.

And then

59.6 On the expiry of a registration under this Regulation a Player is entitled to sign for any Club of his choice without restriction and without payment of any compensation.

If so

56.2 A Club may only register a Non-Contract Player (subject to the provisions of Regulation 41.5) during a Closed Period if he is an Unemployed Player.

See how confusing it is? Is a player out of contract an unemployed player?

Use simple common sense and any form of logic and the answer is 'yes' !

It is only because the Skates are involved that any doubt appears !

You lot are mean!

Pompeyscot is giving up POL and chucking the towel in because HE posted his wife's name on the innernetz and the nasty scummas have found out what it is!

Apparently if he stays on as the owner / administrator of POL the lives of his whole family will be at risk from the rabid scummas!

However, if he chucks it all in, then they will be free from the nasty rabid scummas as they won't know where they live if he removes himself from the innernetz.

It's a twisted kind of logic I'll grant you, but perhaps it's Bill's excuse to stop supporting Pompey now they're sh1t again and go back to being a Rangers fan....

The Tipnor development has already started with trees removed on the east side of the M275 and some old buildings being demolished in preparation for the new exit. However, this development project, that includes houses and shops, certainly is not going to be economically viable if an unfunded football stadium is thrown into the mix. The council is having to find £10m just to supplement the cost of the junction so they aren't going to fund it (as we have seen with their recent loan offer). Planning and consultation does continue, so who knows, the club might be bought and the new owner could take advantage of this long term development, but the stadium will have to come out of the owners pocket not the developer.

You lot are mean!

Pompeyscot is giving up POL and chucking the towel in because HE posted his wife's name on the innernetz and the nasty scummas have found out what it is!

Apparently if he stays on as the owner / administrator of POL the lives of his whole family will be at risk from the rabid scummas!

However, if he chucks it all in, then they will be free from the nasty rabid scummas as they won't know where they live if he removes himself from the innernetz.

It's a twisted kind of logic I'll grant you, but perhaps it's Bill's excuse to stop supporting Pompey now they're sh1t again and go back to being a Rangers fan....

Cry me a river.

What's funny is one of the other admins or mods over there goes on about that we're lowlives, their bestest fans wouldn't do this to us, blah blah, and then moments later, their fans are discussing wanting to beat us all up, teach us a lesson 'The Pompey Way' :lol:

He also mentioned that he wants to keep it a 'scum free' forum, but says he is going to dedicate an entire section of POL to discussions about us scummmmas :facepalm:

What's funny is one of the other admins or mods over there goes on about that we're lowlives, their bestest fans wouldn't do this to us, blah blah, and then moments later, their fans are discussing wanting to beat us all up, teach us a lesson 'The Pompey Way' :lol:

He also mentioned that he wants to keep it a 'scum free' forum, but says he is going to dedicate an entire section of POL to discussions about us scummmmas :facepalm:

Poor old Fr*tton*ser (there we go, I edited it to protect the innocent) seems to have lost his marbles over the whole affair; quite sad, the dear fellow.

The idea of the "lets never talk about scummahs again, apart from a new place we'll create where we'll only talk about scummahs" is simply brilliant.

Poor old Fr*tton*ser (there we go, I edited it to protect the innocent) seems to have lost his marbles over the whole affair; quite sad, the dear fellow.

The idea of the "lets never talk about scummahs again, apart from a new place we'll create where we'll only talk about scummahs" is simply brilliant.

Tbf, he's merely replicating what we have here, except I don't believe any of the 73,459 posts on this thread to date have threatened any violence against Pompey supporters. I'll bet it takes the first 10 posts on POL for that to be suggested!

okay don't think this article has appeared on this thread yet.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/martin-hardy-grounds-for-optimism-as-fans-club-together-to-save-portsmouth-8104939.html

"We raised £2m through fan pledges and another £1m through individual investors who have put in six-figure sums. We are looking at alternative ways of financing the deal, finding a strategic property partner.

Um, I think "Oh no you haven't" is the term to use here. Journo too busy putting their 'hard luck' story into soft focus to actually critically check the figures he is being given. In terms of money they can currently use they have a grand total of £0 from fans pledges.

Cry me a river.

Up until 5 mins ago I couldn't have given a monkey's what was gong on with POL, but just then I remembered being threatened with legal action by Bill several years ago for copying and pasting a comment onto this forum. Something's coming back to roost! :lol:

Up until 5 mins ago I couldn't have given a monkey's what was gong on with POL, but just then I remembered being threatened with legal action by Bill several years ago for copying and pasting a comment onto this forum. Something's coming back to roost! :lol:

I'm not sure he gets the idea or notion of what happens when you put something in the public domain. Like your own name, on your own (very public) twitter account, linked to the football forum site that you own, and with details of what job you do and for whom. It's most odd.

Are they afraid of us?

I thought we just 'run away' at everything as we are gutless scummaz

We're lowlife scummahs and not even worth talking about. Except in the new section they're going to specifically create on POL which will be exclusively for talking about scummahs. Go figure.

Wouldn`t it be good if our ex resident clueless, doll selling,deluded,fantasist poster Corp Ho

came back to post his take on the latest on the developments at fatpipes..

Go on corpy we know you are reading, be honest with yourself,you really want to don`t you?

Please, let sleeping corpses lie. :scared:

it's okay, West Brom are paying most of his wages as he once drove up the M5 - and the shortfall, not that there is one, is being covered by a rich fan.

In fact, pompey are improving terms for creditors by taking him on.

They haven't broken any rules at all - Bradbury will actually increase the £12M generated every home game by the club.

And those that were previously employed in his role until their sudden redundancies are just pleased that the club's world famous academy is thriving.

It's a win-win!

According to the news, these appointments are necessary in order to meet the new terms of the EPP academies.

So it's completely understandable, after all, the PFC academy has been so vital in developing the talent pool that Appleton now picks his squad from.

Oh.

According to the news, these appointments are necessary in order to meet the new terms of the EPP academies.

the EPP academy that PST plan t scrap if they gain control. Birch planning ahead nicely for Chanrai to take the helm...

You lot are mean!

I assume any other Pompey site will crash as the POL 17 join the new site to log on Lol

You lot are mean!

I see they're even discussing charging a fiver to use the site now.

Wonder where they got that idea from ;)

Still in skatesmouth that probably only equates to about 25p nowadays.

I see they're even discussing charging a fiver to use the site now.

Wonder where they got that idea from ;)

Still in skatesmouth that probably only equates to about 25p nowadays.

No. You've got that back to front. A fiver there equates to nearly £2million in pompey pledge sums, but no one expects you to actually pay it.

No. You've got that back to front. A fiver there equates to nearly £2million in pompey pledge sums, but no one expects you to actually pay it.

I just get so confused with 'P0mpey maths'. You either end up with 10 times what you started with. Or 0.4% depending if they are owing or borrowing.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})