Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I see they're even discussing charging a fiver to use the site now.

Wonder where they got that idea from ;)

Still in skatesmouth that probably only equates to about 25p nowadays.

That will be one way of outing the secret 'scummaaasssss'......they'll be the only ones able to pay it!

I see they're even discussing charging a fiver to use the site now.

Wonder where they got that idea from ;)

Still in skatesmouth that probably only equates to about 25p nowadays.

Can I pay it in installments over the next 5 years with the first payment due in 3 years time I promise that I will not miss a single payment*

*in the first three years

Can I pay it in installments over the next 5 years with the first payment due in 3 years time I promise that I will not miss a single payment*

*in the first three years

Yes, that's fine. On the basis of that firm guarantee, I will now buy a football club.

Was pointing out that they could call on skilled fans like 'Terry the Builder' to help build them a new stadium. It's not like they've used up all their goodwill with local traders, is it??

:lol:

You lot are mean!

Pompeyscot is giving up POL and chucking the towel in because HE posted his wife's name on the innernetz and the nasty scummas have found out what it is!

We need a smiley that is part :lol: and part :facepalm: for this one.

POL is eating itself into nothing

Just like their football club then, nicely burning through cash at a rate the Trust will never be able to match in pledges. Shame.

Poor old Fr*tton*ser (there we go, I edited it to protect the innocent) seems to have lost his marbles over the whole affair; quite sad, the dear fellow.

The idea of the "lets never talk about scummahs again, apart from a new place we'll create where we'll only talk about scummahs" is simply brilliant.

That Frattoniser bloke protests too much if you ask me. He sounds as if he is foaming at the mouth! It's like someone who goes on and on about hating gays .. you know that deep down he is actually very insecure in his own sexuality. I'm beginning to think that Frattoniser is really a closet saints fan. He just is frightened to admit it to himself. (Or have I just inadvertently outed one of us who has been in 'deep cover' for months? ---sorry)

I still can't get over how few posters there are on POL. Surely there must be some bigger forum somewhere? I know we call them the blue few, but ....

Whats the deal with the family thing?

Were his families details posted on here, and if so, for what purpose?

They do seem a tad upset over there. I think Frattoniser is going to have a heart attack.

Frattoniser isn't happy

What really makes them look so stupid is the way they are going on over on their forum, making out they are some of you and not actually realising we do actually know nearly all of them and who are on here anyway; they think they are safe, they think we don't actually know who they are, they think we believe the silly little game they are playing on their site but we really couldn't give a flying ratsarse about them to be honest - but we will be going through them a bit very shortly, and once gone they won't be coming back.

:lol: :lol: :facepalm:

You can see how authoritarian regimes always find willing recruits to do their dirty work..

Mind you, there are so few of them that they probably know most of the users individually. They'll probably start banning overseas Pompey fans soon, on the basis that their ISPs are suspicious...

It's funny and pathetic at the same time...

Whats the deal with the family thing?

Were his families details posted on here, and if so, for what purpose?

They do seem a tad upset over there. I think Frattoniser is going to have a heart attack.

No they weren't posted on here but the thick fu.cks don't quite understand that if they post them elsewhere on the web they can be found.

No they weren't posted on here but the thick fu.cks don't quite understand that if they post them elsewhere on the web they can be found.

To be fair, one of our posters did put some information on here which is what they are upset about. Although it is all publically accessible information it doesn't really add much to the debate of the PTS and was removed.

If people really are obsessed with finding out PompeyScot's details, that's up to them - just please don't post it on here.

it's okay, West Brom are paying most of his wages as he once drove up the M5 - and the shortfall, not that there is one, is being covered by a rich fan.

In fact, pompey are improving terms for creditors by taking him on.

They haven't broken any rules at all - Bradbury will actually increase the £12M generated every home game by the club.

And those that were previously employed in his role until their sudden redundancies are just pleased that the club's world famous academy is thriving.

It's a win-win!

I just cant keep up these days.

When were the last coaches stitched up and booted out of pompey?

If it was less than six months they have a case against the skates.

Come on Chinny, get off that ferris wheel and get back on pennys tax evasion bus!

Really looking forward to seeing the meltdown on POL, wonderful.

Sha

What really makes them look so stupid is the way they are going on over on their forum, making out they are some of you and not actually realising we do actually know nearly all of them and who are on here anyway; they think they are safe, they think we don't actually know who they are, they think we believe the silly little game they are playing on their site but we really couldn't give a flying ratsarse about them to be honest - but we will be going through them a bit very shortly, and once gone they won't be coming back.

Go on then, big man - if you know who I am on POL, ban me. Prove you're not just full of sh1t...

So.. trying to catch up after a few weeks away from this particular topic... despite all the humdrum going on over POL and them trying to catch a few of you guys that frequent that place... I was under the impression that Birchy was going to do something this or next Friday in regard to who will be the preferred bidder. Is that still true or has something else happened that I've missed?

So.. trying to catch up after a few weeks away from this particular topic... despite all the humdrum going on over POL and them trying to catch a few of you guys that frequent that place... I was under the impression that Birchy was going to do something this or next Friday in regard to who will be the preferred bidder. Is that still true or has something else happened that I've missed?

Yes, je's given Balu and the trust till next Friday to tweak their bids

One of the typical cretinous items I noticed is that the pond dwellers who copied the list of users from here, didn't mention that that list was the "Members on line NOW" list from the Forums page, which at the time they copied it, numbered 17. So now the clueless ones are claiming that's all the members we have

Just shows the attention span of the feckwits over there!!

I've copied my original post and highlighted the relevant part for our retarded friends :)

pompey_sabian, eggypfc, Dream, pearsey, pompeyblue1980, bas, paramount-pompey, gaz76, hugoross, powered_by_pies, h block, andygosneyseye, dfearnley, bollyfraser, crazy88, Chalet, bluevictory, Pompeyblue55, ajd3006, Reading_blue, POMPEYMAT, dubzy29, bob hoskins, turner, PFC3784, steveIOW, DWPFC, Footloose, pompeybax, billjohnson, blooze, DavidSilk24, cptdavep, BaffinsBlue, DMP, robertmcain, cliffpfc, MiltoninLA, pompeyloyal, harry harris, CoshamScouse, st_shar, Bath Pompey, mesmo, delhiblue, Canada Blue, pompeyjb, PompeyMart, POMPEYD, Amadeus

Tonight's list of onliners on PompeyOnline :)

I, of course, am 'turner'.

And for the record, so we can clear up another pompey pub myth, it was in fact a pompey fan who suggested that their little forum only had 17 members.

Again, I've copied the relevant post here - all available on this thread within the last 3 days ;)

Kin-ell Steve when was there 100 active users? when they dead id me for life there was only 17!:D

It appears I have now been banned as well. 'on your way Scummer' was the charming phrase used.

To be fair I had hidden my identity cunningly under the username 'Chalet' and PompeyScot knew I was there, so top marks to Frattoniser for sussing me out. :lol:

He obviously has custody of the family brain cell today.

Do the admins have to sit and approve every attempt to join PoL?

Would it be childish of me to suggest a load of us keep trying to sign up just so they have to hit the 'decline' button hundreds of times a day. :D

Do the admins have to sit and approve every attempt to join PoL?

Would it be childish of me to suggest a load of us keep trying to sign up just so they have to hit the 'decline' button hundreds of times a day. :D

Yes, they do apparently. Soon you will have to show your tatoos and prove you own a bell.

But watch that the tattoos aren't spelt correctly or they'll find you out.

It appears I have now been banned as well. 'on your way Scummer' was the charming phrase used.

To be fair I had hidden my identity cunningly under the username 'Chalet' and PompeyScot knew I was there, so top marks to Frattoniser for sussing me out. :lol:

So you really were one of the "pompey 17" .. there were only 16 pompey fans on line then -- at most! It's like an Agatha Christie story :p

This thread sometimes has some interesting stuff on it, and I know some decent skates who have read it and even learned from it, but moaning about Pompey OnLine, and squinnying to The Football League really makes Saints fans look small time.

I feel such a fool now!

Oh, go on, do quote it a bit.. I can't be a***d to go and find it and it'll annoy them so much..

This one is quite funny...

Their forum appears to be the same few people going over the same ground over and over again. Desperately trying to appear clever.

In truth they come over as a bunch of first year students the kind that think they've got 20 years experience in whatever field they're studying when they've actually only been to 3 months worth of lectures. Still we know what they say about a little knowledge!

I didn't like Grant either another condesending knob but then why expect anything else. I love the fact that the one thing they want they can't have. A win v Pompey. I know they have all the bitterness about the league titles and the cup wins, but most on that forum were in junior school the last time they beat us, and I think its funny as!

Well we can't have a win against Pompey numbskull as we are not in the same division and won't be for a long time yet!.

Portsea Island myths - the gift that keeps giving.

but most on that forum were in junior school the last time they beat us, and I think its funny as!

Well we can't have a win against Pompey numbskull as we are not in the same division and won't be for a long time yet!.

Are they really that stupid?

****ing hell, I was 41 before I saw them finish above us in the League. I suspect I'll be in my 80's before I see it again.

By the time I pop my cloggs (which hopefully will be a number of years yet), the only time I will have seen them above us was a period in which their sucsess was built on sand and may yet cost them their club.............

This one is quite funny...

Their forum appears to be the same few people going over the same ground over and over again. Desperately trying to appear clever.

In truth they come over as a bunch of first year students the kind that think they've got 20 years experience in whatever field they're studying when they've actually only been to 3 months worth of lectures. Still we know what they say about a little knowledge!

I didn't like Grant either another condesending knob but then why expect anything else. I love the fact that the one thing they want they can't have. A win v Pompey. I know they have all the bitterness about the league titles and the cup wins, but most on that forum were in junior school the last time they beat us, and I think its funny as!

Would it be condescending of me to point out that the POL poster has misspelt condescending?

Check on wiki. See who has won most South Coast Derbys!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I've tried pointing this out to some Skates at work, but they've started to include pre football league and other assorted fixtures, which gives them the edge. I've also seen them mention this on another forum. I'm sure this approach will grow amongst the bell ringers, because they do seem to latch onto things enmasse.

PompeyScot, Today at 3:50 PM.

Watch Thread

Go To First Unread

PompeyScotAdministrator

Message Count:20,216

New

Hi all,

The minutes are still to be officially circulated by the chairman, but am having many people ask about them, so am posting them up here (I took the minutes, so have access to the approved version).

Those present: Steve Tovey (Chair), Bill Gillon (Minutes), Carl Paddon, Sue Maskell, Vern Rickman, Mike Fulcher, Nigel Tressider, Andy Gaffney, Pam Wilkins, Mick Williams, Johnny Moore

It was stated that the Fans Conference would now bear the name of Tony Goodall, in honour of his memory and of the fact he was central to the Conference, being its Chairman at the time of his passing.

Johnny Moore explained Trevor Birch's absence. When the Conference was first arranged, two or three weeks ago, there was only one bidder (the Trust) involved with the club, so the picture and information to be discussed was clearer. However, of course, this isn't the case any more, so Trevor did not want to put himself into a position where something he said could be misconstrued or quoted at such a sensitive time.

Tickets

There is a new ticket manager, Fawaz 'Fred' Almumen, and the Conference wishes to put on record formal congratulations to Fred, the club and Trevor Birch for listening to fans and acting on tickets and pricing. Just short of 8,000 season tickets have been sold as of the current time.

It was stated that the club has tried everything it can to get tickets out to fans, the club and Trevor Birch doing all they could to ensure tickets are available to supporters who wish to purchase. Fans are also encouraged to buy tickets, if possible, in the days before the game to ensure that queues for tickets at the booths on match days are kept to an absolute minimum.

Carl Paddon stated that he knows people who are holding back on buying tickets because of Portpin's presence around the club. Will the club be able to make season tickets available to fans on a pro-rata basis once the ownership situation at the club is sorted? Johnny and Mick Williams answered that this hadn't been considered, but could be an idea. An opinion from others was that, if the Trust took over, woudl people really care about reduced prices for season tickets?

Community Mascots

As things stand, we cannot do what we did last season with community mascots because of the lack of kit availability, and the fact the players helped with sponsorship last season whilst no players in the current squad, for obvious reasons, have been approached as yet. The Conference still aims to have a sponsorship scheme for this season. Johnny Moore suggested that somebody go to the training ground to speak to Michael Appleton, and Pam Wilkins has volunteered to take this forward as a result.

Catering

The pricing of food and drinks from the kiosk had been up for discussion, with the Conference suggestion of a pound for hot drinks taken to Lindleys, the Caterers, by Steve Jones, the Sales Manager. Lindleys had rejected the idea, but the club will keep pushing the proposal.

A meeting had been held with the club about the overall catering, with the corporate membership catering for the first game of the season against Bournemouth discussed. For the fans, Alan Taylor, Steve Tovey and two representatives from the Chimes bar had attended. Corporate catering for the first game was thought of as under par, with no chilled wine, poor air conditioning and poor quality of food. Overall, it was thought to be very poor value for money, and the quality of catering from Lindleys is an ongoing one. It was pointed out by Mike Fulcher that Lindleys held the justice licence to sell alcohol at Fratton Park, which explains the ongoing contract for catering at the club, but that licence ends in October. It was noted that, if the Trust took over the club, that existing contracts, many of which are thought to be detrimental to the club, will be looked at.

Betting Licence

A report on Twitter had mentioned that the club had not renewed their betting licence for the stadium. Nobody at the meeting was aware if the licence had not been renewed, Johnny will make further checks as regards the situation.

Stewarding

Steve Tovey had made Derek Stone aware of an incident at the previous home game as regards a fan and a drinks bottle.

It was thought to be an idea that representatives from Conference should meet with Derek to gauge comments from matches, and to raise any comments and concerns with him directly. Pam Wilkins and Sue Maskell to take this forward.

A discussion about standards of stewarding at Pompey and other clubs took place. It was noted that, at Colchester, a certain section of Portsmouth fans had purposely antagonised home stewards who, it was felt, had done nothing but made Pompey fans more than welcome at the ground.

Any other business

Steve Tovey and Johnny Moore will look at the Conference email listing in order to tidy it up, update email contacts and remove anybody who no longer comes to Conference.

It is recognised that Conference meetings are not open public meetings, so journalistic attendance, for example, is not encouraged. Any requests for attendance should go through the chairman of the Conference at the time.

Update from Mick Williams, Pompey Supporters Trust

Mick gave an update to Conference on the position of the PST bid for the club. It is recognised that only so many details, for reason of confidentiality and sensitivity of the situation, can be made public at this time.

The Trust have revised their bid for the club, and have matched Portpin's figure of £8.4 million for player compromises.

The Trust are working with Stuart Robinson as regards his potential purchase of Fratton Park and the surrounding land, although he isn't the only option and the Trust are also talking to others.

The option is still there for the Trust to buy the ground outright themselves, but more pledges are required and the Trust urges fans to pledge as much as they can, with pledges coming into the Trust all the time.

Date of next meeting

To be arranged

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})