Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

From the Crawley v Pompey preview, Crawley's manager Richie Barker on Pompey's finances.....

“Contrary to what people have read or what they hear, I know from conversations I have had that some of the finances they are able to offer people are amazing,”

Surely its not quality over quantity all over again, is it?

Well we all know that the skates don't want them foreign sorts taking over their club, so i'm sure they will fight it and vote with their feet by staying away from games if it were to happen.

Or alternatively, they'll welcome them in with open arms and demand "investment" in the squad...

Might burst a few bubbles on here, but skate mate just said there is a new middle eastern takeover bud , reported on Arabianbusiness.com

Part of the article contains this

Middle East investors have lodged a dramatic $20m bid to take over troubled football club Portsmouth, Arabian Business can reveal.

Details of the offer were sent to the club’s administrators last Tuesday. Documents seen by Arabian Business also show that a consortium of investors deposited funds totaling AED75.058m ($20.4m) into an escrow account held by Dubai Bank on August 30.

The formal offer to take over the club includes a deal to buy the assets of the club, including the freehold property and players contracts. Full details of payments to creditors are also made in the offer, as well as the repayment of £8.8m over a four year period to former players.

The offer letter also says “our client is willing to welcome the Portsmouth Supporters Trust to invest and buy shares in the club if they are so interested".

Dubai Phil better get back from Poland and put them off ASAP.

I wonder how long it will take for the penny to actually drop? Appleton is actually a pretty hopeless football manager. Somehow they've managed to sign players like Russell, Williamson, Howard etc - and on that basis, they should be doing a hell of alot better than they are. They look, quite simply, atrocious. Embarrassingly bad, actually.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/mideast-investors-launch-20m-bid-for-portsmouth-472349.html

One question, why buy pompey? Far better clubs you could buy for the same money.

A second question, why pay £15m (~$20m) for the club? The PST bid is for a lot less than that and has been described as "credible".

There is, however, a long line of credulous investors who have been talked into buying a football club only to suffer buyer's remorse.

A second question, why pay £15m (~$20m) for the club? The PST bid is for a lot less than that and has been described as "credible".

There is, however, a long line of credulous investors who have been talked into buying a football club only to suffer buyer's remorse.

Just a few more dodgy Investors from Dubai

Bin Laden had a few bits of cash there by all accounts and that will need laundering to get it back in circulation more gun runners ??

Part of the article contains this

Middle East investors have lodged a dramatic $20m bid to take over troubled football club Portsmouth, Arabian Business can reveal.

Details of the offer were sent to the club’s administrators last Tuesday. Documents seen by Arabian Business also show that a consortium of investors deposited funds totaling AED75.058m ($20.4m) into an escrow account held by Dubai Bank on August 30.

The formal offer to take over the club includes a deal to buy the assets of the club, including the freehold property and players contracts. Full details of payments to creditors are also made in the offer, as well as the repayment of £8.8m over a four year period to former players.

The offer letter also says “our client is willing to welcome the Portsmouth Supporters Trust to invest and buy shares in the club if they are so interested".

Dubai Phil better get back from Poland and put them off ASAP.

I just wonder if they smell some money to be made here.

It is unreasonable because we believe it's our club, spiritually for want of a far better word, if not actually. I know most fans don't want a Phoenix club, we want the shysters who have used our club to their own ends gone. You seem to suggest we should run away? By backing the PST we believe we can take back what is ours and drive these crooks out, we don't have a super rich benefactor waiting in the wings and even if we did, most wouldn't want it.

Everyone I speak to is dead set on making it so the club actually belongs to us. We dont want to be at the whim of some foreign corporate types who make decisions like Changing the clubs historic colours and mistreating your own club legends. I mean don't you think NC is taking the p*ss? Who gave him the right to f*ck with your soul/history/culture??? If we have the opportunity to take control of our club so egotistical *****s like NC can't run roughshod over what the fans want, would you not take control? Would you not do exactly the same thing in the same situation? I guess not.

But we will buy our club and it will be ours not just in name, but actual ownership. So when I say MY club, unlike you, it will be actually true and not just an expression. Now that's really something to look forward too! :)

So PES possibility of money coming in, how long before you start to change your tune.....lets start with a count down from......ermmmmm I think 10 should be enough, 9 changed it yet, 8.....

Another Part of the Article said

However, Arabian Business also agreed to a request not to publish their names for fear of jeopardising the deal.

As they would not pass the fit and proper persons test

Bold bit actually means "so those nutjobs on the Pompey Takeover Saga thread don't uncover our previous dodgy dealings..."

Although that wouldn't jeopardise the deal as our fishy friends wouldn't listen, despite our previous warnings about their owners....

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})