Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Pretty much the same as Chinny and the Trust's bid then, no? They both intend to pay off the CVA and player deferrals (debts) and then let the club live within its means (i.e. no further investment).

Welcome to the new bid; just as sh*t and potless as the old bid.

"Old boss, same as the boss" but strangely the Few seem quite keen to get fooled again. ( Who reference for us old farts )

[/b]

"Old boss, same as the boss" but strangely the Few seem quite keen to get fooled again. ( Who reference for us old farts )

Appy doesn't think that 'The Kids are Alright', not even to be a 'Substitute'. And we'll have to wait and see if after their one month contract is up the players are able to say 'I'm Free'.

Reality has hit home.

Ten years ago it had great promise but it went way over budget and became a laughing stock, Avram took it down but couldn't get it back up.

It'll never see the top flight again, so today the council announced their intentions - they won't be chucking money in the black hole.

Mistakes made over a decade ago have rendered it beyond repair, the experts have given up, and that great view of the Harbourdome is now just a dream.

It has brought shame on the city of portsmouth for a decade and is likely to be dismantled by several teams before Christmas.

RIP the Spinnaker Tower lift.

An interesting case is developing in Danish football: a number of clubs have substituted players' holiday pay with similar bonuses etc. Now some of the players have sued the clubs and won, so they have to pay them the holiday pay even though they indirectly did through bonuses.

Why mention this in here? I just got a sense of deja vú when reading fans' reactions on various fora. Basically, they expect the players to waive their claims and they are very interested in letting the players know how much the fans now hate them. I think I recognise this theme from somewhere...

Bonus info: my Danish club, Aalborg BK is involved, as is Brøndby, the club of the Pompey fan on the Danish footy site I frequent. He sure knows how to pick them ;)

SulaimanAlfahim@TheRealSulaiman @SOSPompey the great asset of Portsmouth FC is the fans. Look at the stadium its always full even in league one. Look at season tickets

Actually Doctor, it's not.

As for season tickets that will be 7.300 including the life long season ticket holders.

Please take over, you would give us another 1,000 pages

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/al-fahim-confirms-he-s-back-with-a-bid-to-buy-pompey-1-4248582

12/09/2012 4:07 AM BST

Rate: (2 | 5)

SarahPFC

As Pompey fans we absolutely HAVE to demand a serious Fit and Proper Persons Test. There is no point us burying our heads in our hands, letting this go through and then complaining later that there was no serious test. Some people say that's what happened before.

We need to stand united and refuse to accept any of his money until a FPPT has been conducted.

Hallelujah! It's only taken 5 years or so but, at last, someone gets it...

A classic from our 6 fingered 'friends'. Totally deluded!!!!

I Hope he has the $$$ cos I think he has genuine interest in the club, If he does have the $$ I hope he gets his hands on the club and over the coming seasons builds a great team, wins a few Promotion titles, and the FA Cup then gets us into Europe where we beat Milan in the final... & I hope he makes himself a fair few $$ in profit too. PUP

A classic from our 6 fingered 'friends'. Totally deluded!!!!

I Hope he has the $$$ cos I think he has genuine interest in the club, If he does have the $$ I hope he gets his hands on the club and over the coming seasons builds a great team, wins a few Promotion titles, and the FA Cup then gets us into Europe where we beat Milan in the final... & I hope he makes himself a fair few $$ in profit too. PUP

And did you notice how he turned '$$$' into '$$' in the blink of an eye? No change there then...

@pn_neil_allen: Majority of #Pompey player deals expire Friday and Saturday. Appleton confident all will re-sign. http://t.co/y34zXinK

Confident ... well hardly a surprise given taht he has told them all it either sign for us or be out of a job till after Christmas - sant wont be coming for your kids - interestingly he fails to mention that the FA/FL rule would not stand up in court, if anyone pushed the point as it would be in direct conflict with the right to work directives... dim as feck

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/mcleod-admits-uncertainty-has-hit-hard-1-4249358

And McLeod is hoping the financial constraints of administration will soon be lifted as the battle for control of the club goes on.

He said: ‘I am not going to lie, it is hard.

‘We know what the situation is and we have to deal with it.

‘There is not a lot we can do about it as players.

‘We have to hope the club sorts itself out – the sooner the better.

‘If it does – it is such a big club that anyone will be happy to play here.’:lol:

McLeod is just hoping for some stability off the field.

He feels once the club can come out administration and the players are able to commit their immediate future, everything is in place for a good season. :facepalm:

In the mean time, McLeod assured fans, the players will continue working hard for the cause.

The striker said: ‘We are in a difficult situation but we are playing for a massive club.:lol:

‘Everyone is aware of it but we are just getting our heads down and working hard.

‘As soon as everything off the field can get sorted it is only going to benefit us and the manager.’

Pompey fans again showed their unrivalled loyalty :lol: as they turned out in force at the Broadfield Stadium.

The terracing behind one goal was a sea of blue as the travelling army roared their side on.

It was another great show of defiance as they outsung the home fans.

McLeod praised the supporters and is adamant the main goal is to repay their backing with more victories on the pitch.

He wants to see more scenes like those enjoyed during the second half as Pompey romped to a 3-0 victory.

McLeod added: ‘We had a lot of support at Crawley.

‘It shows the fanbase here is magnificent.

‘This is a big club and if we are repaying the fans like that, then everyone is happy all-round.’

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Howard-We-re-A-Scalp-3695.aspx

Brian Howard believes Pompey need to adopt a ‘big-club mentality’ if they are to succeed at Fratton Park this season.

The Blues host Walsall on Saturday on the back of their first League One win of the campaign at Crawley.

But Howard is well aware that Pompey are one of the biggest scalps in the division.

The Blues skipper feels that opponents will view a victory at Fratton as a feather in their cap.

He said: “Not many will have seen it, but down in the tunnel after the Oldham game their lads were celebrating as if they had just won the FA Cup.

“Sheffield United would probably also make the claim, but I believe Pompey are the biggest club in this league.

:facepalm:

Spot the odd one out.

Massive clubs - Man Utd, Juventus, Chelsea, Barcelona, portsmouth, Real Madrid.....

A neutral might observe that bigging yourself up after whipping 9-man Crawley in front of 5,000 people makes you look a little bit silly - to suggest that this puts the Manchester, London or Merseyside derbies in the shade is just the work of the mentally-ill.

We've been invited to believe by Al Fahim that pompey sell out every game in league one, and now random squirrel-eaters are telling us that taking 1,500 to their new local derby at Crawley ranks the club alongside the giants of world football. :o

Is all this delusion genetic, or based on an ignorance of what goes on at a higher level?

I'm sure Dagenham get their stadium rocking sometimes, no doubt Barnet fans shout at refs, but these loyal fans know their place in the world order.

Other than Avram's favourite Friday night companions, do they not have TVs in Portsea?

Look at a packed St James' Park, checkout Anfield on a big European night - to claim you have better support than them will see you laughed out of every football debate.

What makes them a local club for local people is that I don't hear fans of ANY other team making these claims.

West Ham and Leeds have massive away followings, they don't gob off about being bigger than Boca Juniors or Galatasaray.

Let's not forget that the dwindling few continually claim to the bestest supporters in the UK, if not the world.

So how come a lesser-supported but similarly bankrupt club in the poorer third tier in Scotland has sold 35,000 season tickets?...

But please keep up the plucky battling troops roared on by the travelling army spin, it makes us laugh, and fuels this thread towards another few hundred pages.

And remember, most News Webchats are mainly Nutjobs with bread-based names asking awkward questions and demanding new signings or ground developments, so don't argue with yourselves! :)

Micah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000 @TheRealSulaiman humbly and with the greatest courtesy, I would like to know if you have told the trust who your backer is?

SulaimanAlfahim ‏@TheRealSulaiman

@blueballoo2000 PST have full info

Micah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000

@TheRealSulaiman it appears Sulaiman that PST do NOT have any info about your bid. Why did you say this when it isn't true?

@blueballoo2000 I have shared PST all what I have. If there is something I am not aware of, then can't create a story to share it with them

@TheRealSulaiman when are you transferring the funds to PKF escrow account or your London lawyers client account, or are they there already?

@blueballoo2000 I Don't have lawyer in London and I no longer trust them

@TheRealSulaiman your backer presumably has £12m but no London bank account either? Who is your backer? #transparency

@blueballoo2000 why you like to lie to the fans and create backers story. Who backs you when you give your kids school fees

Micah Hall ‏@blueballoo2000 @TheRealSulaiman firstly, don't accuse me of being a liar. I take great exception to it. Secondly, are you now saying you have no backers?

13:56

Comment From PFCNick

Anyone else worried about where the funding is coming for these signings? I hope it doesn't lead to more financial problems!

13:57

There has to be a budget while in administration. Obviously we are getting reasonable gates for League One and the players are on sustainable wages

Weeks later I still don't have an answer on why and how PFC signed lots of players other L1 clubs couldn't when they are in huge debt, have no owners, a transfer embargo and a record of not paying bills. Does anyone have any information on this?

Haven't you seen them play? Well, most of them anyway.

Weeks later I still don't have an answer on why and how PFC signed lots of players other L1 clubs couldn't when they are in huge debt, have no owners, a transfer embargo and a record of not paying bills. Does anyone have any information on this?

Really has destroyed my passion for the sport, all just seems like a joke at the moment.

The first installment of this years parachute payment of 4 million came through.

appy was given a total budget and he signed a squad on one month contracts, which will effectively run up to January (I know , I know) So whatever that totals to, it will come out of the 4 million - Gives the club a squad to start the season and leaves birch with a football club (Well almost) to sell.

The fact is they probably are paying more than most clubs could for players like Howard and Williamson, but thats' just birch falling into the old trap of having a more competitive squad, making it easier to sell

Playing devil's advocate for a brief second, I guess Birch could argue that a "more competitive" Pompey is a more saleable asset than a "non-competitive" Pompey and, as such, artificially increasing their competitiveness in the short-term is most likely to result in the best deal for the creditors that he is there to serve....

Playing devil's advocate for a brief second, I guess Birch could argue that a "more competitive" Pompey is a more saleable asset than a "non-competitive" Pompey and, as such, artificially increasing their competitiveness in the short-term is most likely to result in the best deal for the creditors that he is there to serve....

Don't think you need the Devil's Advocate disclaimer, Trousers, I think that is exactly what he is doing and to a point he can justify it. If you were trying to sell a dodgy motor the least you could do is give it a polish. Thing is most people who have any sense will look further than the polish. Check under the bonnet of PFC and you have a clapped out engine on the point of self combustion secured to the chassis with a severly frayed shoe lace.

It's old but intresting

http://www.rietumu.com/press?OpenDocument&nid=914EDCCB6EE45E5AC22576EA0044EBB8&sub=

And then this bit taken from fansonline .......

he bought that stake in Rietumu two years ago. They had a 270% rise in profits last year, especially in the last 6 months.

Funny how one of Rietumu's main rival banks in Latvia (Krajbanka-Snoras subsidiary-Antonov)goes tits up not long after CSI took over.

:suspicious:

I overheard a conversation today and al fahim is said to be on the verge of a takeover with 100million to get pompey back to where they belong. Also he is looking for a big name manager.....this will happen on Fri

Found this in the comment section of this page from "shooter happy" :lol:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appleton-confident-pompey-deals-will-be-renewed-1-4249304

I overheard a conversation today and al fahim is said to be on the verge of a takeover with 100million to get pompey back to where they belong. Also he is looking for a big name manager.....this will happen on Fri

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appleton-confident-pompey-deals-will-be-renewed-1-4249304

I fear a major run on face palms.

I don't think it would take £100M to get them back down to League 2.

Am I missing the point?

Ive just noticed that there have been over 4,770000 views on this thread. To put into context how much the had cheated/taken /lost in their reckless spend it would be about £6 a click(or view) they have taken from the revenue and about £30 a click (view)to all other debtors (£150M) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive just noticed that there have been over 4,770000 views on this thread. To put into context how much the had cheated/taken /lost in their reckless spend it would be about £6 a click(or view) they have taken from the revenue and about £30 a click (view)to all other debtors (£150M) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tax man has lost out; = 34 million directly

100 million of unsecured debt from first CVA that would have had tax paid at a minimum 30% = 30 Million

From second admin = 3 million directly

50 million of unsecured debt from second CVA that would have tax paid at a minimum 30% =15 million

Lost tax revenue from compromised agreements = ??

Somewhere near 100 million on lost tax alone

Edited by Gemmel

I think you'll find that shooter happy is a nutjob ,being just a trifle sarcastic.

Don't think you need the Devil's Advocate disclaimer, Trousers, I think that is exactly what he is doing and to a point he can justify it. If you were trying to sell a dodgy motor the least you could do is give it a polish. Thing is most people who have any sense will look further than the polish. Check under the bonnet of PFC and you have a clapped out engine on the point of self combustion secured to the chassis with a severly frayed shoe lace.

You might be able to polish a dodgy motor but you certainly can't polish a turd. Best just to flush it away.

I think you'll find that shooter happy is a nutjob ,being just a trifle sarcastic.

I see a touch of Nietzsche about the whole thing. The nutjobs have stared into this particular abyss for so long that we have become POL, the snooze etc. PFC probably died long time ago without us noticing and now we are debating various reincarnations of ourselves. Mindboggling to the extreme...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})