Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

@pn_neil_allen: Hearing #Pompey ownership situation now could be decided early next week. Seems FL holding up things; it's not PKF trying to get more money!

Football League "holding things up"? Doing their job properly in other words...

The FL holding things up, it wouldn't be that BC is demanding the -10 be quashed I presume

The FL holding things up, it wouldn't be that BC is demanding the -10 be quashed I presume

As I understand it, the only way the -10 can be quashed is if the new owner ensures that a NEW CVA is agreed with ALL creditors including an equal vote based on teh full amount of their debt from CVA1, not just a share based on the 20p level of debt from CVA1 - although I suspect teh FL recognise that it must impose the penalty if CVA1 is in anyway diluted, otherwise it makes a mockery of the CVA process - yoiu could just agree one at 80p to get your golden share and avoid a points penalty, ignore it and then renegotiate down in a subsequent admin....

It's been reiterated this week that all the sanctions stand.

The bids have to match the criteria set out by the FL. They won't sign anything off unless they do & as it stands the current bids don't. This is also why the PFA are involved. Neither the PFA or FL will shift on the money owed to players.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-administrators-are-owed-over-1m-1-4266784

Pompey administrators are owed over £1m

Pompey fan Bill Gillon, owner of fans’ website Pompey Online, said: ‘You could say if you don’t want to pay these fees, don’t go into administration.

‘You pay this amount because it’s a complex situation.

‘It’s not a quick turn around and there’s a lot of things we need to consider, such as former owners and the ground – there’s a lot of aspects to take care of.

‘It’s a lot of money and it would be nice, considering the players are having to bring down the amount of money they are going to get, if the administrators got a bit less as well.’

The Pompey Supporters’ Trust declined to comment on the administrators’ fees.

Assume that Bill's going to sue Pompey News for revealing his identity.

It's been reiterated this week that all the sanctions stand.

The bids have to match the criteria set out by the FL. They won't sign anything off unless they do & as it stands the current bids don't. This is also why the PFA are involved. Neither the PFA or FL will shift on the money owed to players.

Thanks I did not see that. As you are aware i feel the Fl will do anything to keep them alive . PFC and the administrators seem to be living of this for sometime. The FL etc have been helping them time and again I feel they may change the rules to help.it seems the threat of liquidation send tremors through the league and so they move their position to stop it happening.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/sep/14/southampton-youth-policy-nigel-adkins?cat=football&type=article

Few people epitomise the success and appeal of Southampton's youth system quite like James Ward-Prowse. Having joined the club's academy at the age of eight, Ward-Prowse, now 17, was promoted to the first team at the start of the season and has gone on to produce encouraging displays in each of their three Premier League games so far. More interestingly, however – he is a Portsmouth supporter.

"I was at both clubs and had to pick which one I wanted to play for and knew straight away that for the sake of my career I wanted to play for Southampton," he said. "This has been the right choice – I've grown to love the club."

That is some statement for a man Southampton fans would otherwise refer to as a "skate" and, not surprisingly, has led to Ward-Prowse feeling unable to return to Fratton Park, a stadium where he once held a season ticket.

it just shows that when PFC are gone for good that the Skates children, grand children and great grandchildren will be saints fans. of course some will be ingrained to hate us , but much like before the 70's fans from both clubs did not hesitate going to support their local neighbours. It seems sensible but with football rivalry nothing is sensible

As the Administrator is not paying off any of the debts, there is little doubt the club could complete this season - indeed I wonder if TB has givent that assurance to the FL. The deadline setting, and moving, is just standard Administrator practice for trying to get people to put their money where their mouth is.

I fully expect more deadlines to come and go.

From POL...

so scummers were spending £2.5m in league 1 on their youth system, and we're called cheats

:facepalm: :facepalm :facepalm:

Double facepalm and then some, this lad is still digging!

:lol:

couldnt give a monkeys, they were a club that had just come out of administration, were allowed to spend more on their youth team than most league 1 clubs were spending on their 1st team, its also doesnt take into account the fact scummers lost £30m in league 1, I'll say it again 'And they call us cheats'.

And now are ridding the next wave of boom, that will lead to bust. Lets just hope the **** continue their 127 years of history of winning f*** all.

We lost £30M in League 1! Of course we did, you daft c*nt! And Oxlade-Chamberlain's £15M sale didn't offset any of the Academy costs at all! Luke Shaw hasn't played a league game yet and is already worth a value approximately equivalent to 2 years worth of Academy funding. JWP probably the same, possibly more so.

The sheer bitterness, I can just see him crying into his cornflakes and stamping his feet at the indignation of it all!

Talking to a Brighton fan this morning - she said 'Well done for going up,'' through slightly gritted teeth and I wished her monkey-faced manager and his team well, too. Then she said, I feel sorry for the Pompey fans though....'

A fifteen minute rant through all the debt, corruption, imcompetence and tax dodging and she departed a knowledgeable and convinced convert. A missionary's work is never done.

Look, ignore the fact Pimpley are signing players who apparantly have pedigree, they are ****ing shocking...

Appleton was found out last season, he had some top drawer players in the team, yet the way they played was terrible! He says what the phew want to hear. Theres a reason no-one came into poach him over the summer, no-one wanted him. Probably an "ok" youth team coach, terrible manager... he's already thrown several strops there at players he felt were not trying hard enough...

one doesn't like to be churlish on a day when we've been 'fiddled with' by bigger boys, but it would be a shame not to have a little pop at the massive club to the east, just to cheer me up.

The alarm bells should be ringing - the Fortress Fatpipe attendances are getting dangerously close to the cut off point where there isn't enough money to pay both Birch and the police.

The only thing they packed today was three points into a little suitcase for Walsall, and some sandwiches to see them home safely.

If they lose another 1,000 fans there will be a problem and Birch will consider he's emptied the gravy train and will probably hand it over to the Trust or the loan shark.

His timing is looking spot on, when the attendances hit 10K he's gonna be out of there, because there won't be enough income to pay his fees.

And while we are talking about the bestest fans, you could hear the Saints following making plenty of noise at the Emirates despite the score, but still no one claimed to be the best in Europe.

There's a lesson there somewhere.

We're both struggling.

Saints are up sh!t creek with half a paddle, pompey haven't got a creek to sh!t in.

I wonder what average attendance the PST business case is based on. Did they ever say publicly?

The final bid document stated 11,500..

5.3 Ticket Sales

Ticket sales income has been calculated based on a number of criteria. PST believes the average attendance at Fratton Park next season will be at least 11,500 including away fans, across 23 home games.

The 11,500 is broken down as follows:

(i) 7,500 season tickets at an average of £235 (inc VAT) per ticket

(ii) 3,000 adult tickets at an average of £20 (inc VAT) per game

(iii) 1,000 child/concession tickets at an average of £12.50 (inc VAT) per game

As at 3rd July 2012, Portsmouth FC had sold 5,025 season tickets, at an average of £236.20 (inc VAT) per ticket. In the 2011/12 season, Portsmouth FC had an average league attendance of 15,751. With this in mind, PST believes the above assumptions to be a conservative estimate.

In addition, the forecast assumes three cup games (League Cup, FA Cup, Johnstones Paint Trophy), at an average attendance of 10,000, with an average ticket price of £15 (inc VAT), and with Portsmouth FC keeping 45% of the gate revenue.

The average attendance is expected to rise to 12,250 in the 2013/14 season and then 13,250 in the 2014/15 season.

I wonder if the skates will offer a one-month contract to Riquelme.

http://www.marca.com/2012/09/15/en/football/international_football/1347730044.html

The Argentinean Juan Román Riquelme assured on Friday that he will not play for Boca Juniors again, and that he does not know what the future holds for him. "I won't play for Boca, the team I support, again," assured Riquelme during a press conference which he gave at 'La Bombonera' at the request of the club president, Daniel Angelici.

The director wanted the footballer himself to announce that his decision was not the result of any conflict with the club. Angelici reiterated that the player is now free to "play for Portsmouth", as well as stressing that the coach Julio Falcioni "had nothing to do" with his decision either. ;)

Can anyone remember when we last had an attendance of 11767 or less?

Sure - it was this pre-season

Says pretty much everything that we're comparing our meaningless friendly attendances with their 'bestest fans rallying behind the club to survive!' :D

I may have taken a little poetic licence here but the point is valid and when did accuracy in figures ever bother them down the other end of the M27.

11k - ptah, I spit on your petty, pathetic little 'club'...never will a fate have been more deserved!

I may have taken a little poetic licence here but the point is valid and when did accuracy in figures ever bother them down the other end of the M27.

11k - ptah, I spit on your petty, pathetic little 'club'...never will a fate have been more deserved!

yeah but 20,000 of them were at Lords, it was a 3 o'clock kick off on a saturday afternoon when they are normally servicing their mother and sisters, it wasn't live on Sky and the distance they have to travel

Can anyone remember when we last had an attendance of 11767 or less?

I think you'll find it was Walsall's fault... they probably only brought a carload with them. Mind you can't understand why, it would be their cup final, as Krap Nottarf is almost the same as playing at Wembley... apparently...

their official website is broken again

To be fair, they don't really need it, so just saving cash.

They can't sell tickets through it as they pay ticketmaster a fortune for that privilege and all their team news can be found on the BBC website.

Any other 'news' / propaganda can be found on the snooze website.

At least by ditching the official website Trevor can save enough cash to pay for the coffee and doughnuts he and his team consume racking up £9k a day :D

hey fraterniser.....why have you not banned me yet....you don't know which one I am when you reply to me lol

I though POL did not want to talk about "scammers"...yet there is another thread about our academy on there...with their green bile of envy being spat everywhere

couldnt give a monkeys, they were a club that had just come out of administration, were allowed to spend more on their youth team than most league 1 clubs were spending on their 1st team, its also doesnt take into account the fact scummers lost £30m in league 1, I'll say it again 'And they call us cheats'.

And now are ridding the next wave of boom, that will lead to bust. Lets just hope the **** continue their 127 years of history of winning f*** all.

This thread was supposed to be about how the scummers have got their academy and produced alot of good players, from our patch too, we shouldn't let that happen again. If the trust take over they must keep the academy.

It wasn't supposed to be personal about Ward-Prowse whose parents i believe still go to (more than some on here) FP. I love the rivalry, but this hatred around any possible connection with them is ridiculos. So Mr Disgusted, what do you think of Bally, Makka, Hiley or now even Howard?

nope..they never talk about us or go on about us on POL..nope, NEVER

had a pompey fan text me about Arsenal earlier.

They hand Walsall three points in front of less people than you can get in a lorry trailer on Eurotunnel, and they still want to have a pop. :o

Being abused by a pompey fan these days is like a homeless bloke mocking your conservatory.

had a pompey fan text me about Arsenal earlier.

They hand Walsall three points in front of less people than you can get in a lorry trailer on Eurotunnel, and they still want to have a pop. :o

Being abused by a pompey fan these days is like a homeless bloke mocking your conservatory.

I have just had a skate associate sneer at me on Facebook re yesterday's result - I found it incredibly ironic but you gotta let them still think they are in the real world. As you say "homeless man and conservatories" but it reminded me of that scene in the Life of Brian when the bloke had all his arms and legs chopped off but was still "offering out" his opponent. Can't be arsed to dig it out on uTube but the ridiculousness of it all provokes a wry smile. This thread should be re-titled "the gift that keeps giving".

I have just had a skate associate sneer at me on Facebook re yesterday's result - I found it incredibly ironic but you gotta let them still think they are in the real world. As you say "homeless man and conservatories" but it reminded me of that scene in the Life of Brian when the bloke had all his arms and legs chopped off but was still "offering out" his opponent. Can't be arsed to dig it out on uTube but the ridiculousness of it all provokes a wry smile. This thread should be re-titled "the gift that keeps giving".

Haha... Would rather lose to arsenal than at home to Walsall

@blueballoo2000: FansNetwork - COLIN FARMERY: Get a grip Pompey fans. Your club needs you... - Portsmouth news: http://t.co/0hdsDlNI

Portsmouth Football Club is in intensive care and on life support at the moment. Our sporting objective this season is to stay up, especially if the Football League ten point deduction kicks in as expected. If he achieves that, Appleton should be in contention for Manager of the Year.

:lol::lol:

Christ on a bike. A wage bill well above the league average, recruiting players many other teams simply cannot afford, and avoiding relegation would justify a manager of the year award!

:lol::lol:

Give Appy the keys to the city.

[video=youtube_share;fdSLP-qz_fw]

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})