Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I see a touch of Nietzsche about the whole thing. The nutjobs have stared into this particular abyss for so long that we have become POL, the snooze etc. PFC probably died long time ago without us noticing and now we are debating various reincarnations of ourselves. Mindboggling to the extreme...

im @therealsulaimin, whos baloo?

I see a touch of Nietzsche about the whole thing. The nutjobs have stared into this particular abyss for so long that we have become POL, the snooze etc. PFC probably died long time ago without us noticing and now we are debating various reincarnations of ourselves. Mindboggling to the extreme...

Indeed an interesting concept - POL may inded now only consist of nutjobs with a couple of their Scummerfindergenerals remaining... can see how this may confuse the few..

We also thank the Sodje Foundation for organising and facilitating the trip. Arik Air have kindly agreed to provide us with free air travel and we are grateful to them for their help.

The all-expenses paid trip will give the players and staff a fantastic opportunity to experience a different culture.

They know we are watching!

No more free holidays - the Nutjobs will highlight the costs in the accounts, if they ever file any.

And I look forward to reading that advertised article about the player who was offered the chance to play for Celtic or pompey and chose to head south because they are a massive club, even though they probably have the lowest wagebill in the universe.

My heartstrings await a tug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arik_Air#Incidents

On 31 March 2010, a parked Boeing 737–700 boarding for a flight from Calabar to Abuja was evacuated immediately after an Audi car crashed into it from behind. The driver, who claimed to be Jesus Christ, was arrested and declared that he had made the desperate move to save the aircraft from an impending crash. [18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arik_Air#Incidents

On 31 March 2010, a parked Boeing 737–700 boarding for a flight from Calabar to Abuja was evacuated immediately after an Audi car crashed into it from behind. The driver, who claimed to be Jesus Christ, was arrested and declared that he had made the desperate move to save the aircraft from an impending crash. [18]

Östlund?!

@officialpompey: Members of #Pompey's academy will visit Nigeria for a tournament later this month: http://t.co/BnucQO6r

“The all-expenses paid trip will give the players and staff a fantastic opportunity to experience a different culture.

“As well as taking part in the football tournament, local community visits have been planned that I’m sure they will all enjoy.

“Once again, I’d like to offer my thanks to everyone who has made this trip possible.”

Looks like Cheats FC are the lucky recipients of a Nigerian inheritance. Once they land in Nigeria they'll have their airfare reimbursed from their £100,000,000 windfall, as well as having the latest parachute payment they wired over as a deposit returned with interest.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC viewpost-right.png

I overheard a conversation today and al fahim is said to be on the verge of a takeover with 100million to get pompey back to where they belong. Also he is looking for a big name manager.....this will happen on Fri

I don't think it would take £100M to get them back down to League 2.

Am I missing the point?

Yes you are, I'm afraid. You need to replace League 2 with Wessex League.

@pn_neil_allen: There's a new blogger in town in @dodgycurry - here he frankly assesses Sulaiman Al Fahim. Well worth a read. http://t.co/weDsKaFm #Pompey

That blog is actually quite articulate and well researched. The 'Pompey Takeover Saga' also gets a name check....could almost have been written by one of us...(apart from the previous blogs slagging off Cortese of course...)

Edited by trousers

Middle East group yet to provide funds proof for Pompey takeover

Well I, for one, am amazed at this news.

Fan Mark Mudie said: ‘I personally believe there’s a real person behind this bid.

‘Al Fahim put £5m of his own money into the club last time which is what a lot of people haven’t done.’

Mark Mudie also believes in Father Christmas, the tooth fairy and that Pompey fans are the bestest in the world. Oh. My. God :facepalm:

Edited by Torres

@pn_neil_allen: There's a new blogger in town in @dodgycurry - here he frankly assesses Sulaiman Al Fahim. Well worth a read. http://t.co/weDsKaFm #Pompey

That blog is actually quite articulate and well researched. The 'Pompey Takeover Saga' also gets a name check....could almost have been written by one of us...(apart from the previous blogs slagging off Cortese of course...)

That probably only eliminates 50% of Saints Fans judging by some of the posts on various msg boards!!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/appy-hoping-for-ownership-resolution-at-last-1-4253692

Does Appy speak to at least 1 "journalist" from the News every single day? Does the guy not have anything better to do? I mean, really?

Well they do have to fuel the appetites of the hundreds of thousands of the bestest fans in the world™ and one quote or story a week from UnAppy would not do it now would it? The sell out crowds in League One and the massive amount of ST holders that Dr Dolittle spoke about the other day just goes to prove that they are the comatose giant just waiting to be awoken by the multi billionaires that the Ice Cream man has cobbled together this time.

In the interests of protecting your computer screen and keyboard put down your mug of coffee before clicking on this link....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/no-regrets-on-ripping-up-celtic-deal-for-thompson-1-4253690

A year’s contract with Scottish giants and Champions League hopefuls Celtic or a month-long deal and the current uncertainty of life at Pompey?

For Josh Thompson, the decision was a no-brainer.

Over to you Rallyboy old chap...

Edited by trousers

sorry T but I can't match the comedy in that official version of pompey snatching away Celtic's hottest prospect because they're a bigger club and the player's head was turned by the prospect of playing in front of the world's greatest supporters at a packed arena.

I suspect in reality it translates as average kid is told he isn't wanted at a proper club and only gets one alternative offer of first team football.

Sadly for him it's only at the ar$e end of the third tier, so his hurt pride makes him claim that this significant downward spiral is in fact the best career move he has ever made!

This laughable stance fools no one outside of Portsea.

But it does fill in the comedy festival interval nicely while we await the next takeover funding debacle!....:)

So pull up a chair, get your popcorn and your bucket of fizzy tooth-rot at the ready, and tighten up the girdle that keeps your ribs in place.

Because Dr Whippy is trying to open a bank account.....armed only with a snug shirt, loose change thrown at him by the few, and a smile that could curdle milk.....

Portsmouth fan with sense of humour shock ...from the News comments, after someone made the comarison between selling PFC and selling a boat.....

11:01 AM on 13/09/2012

This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore anonymous. Show DetailsHide Details

This comment is hidden because you have submitted an abuse report against it. Show DetailsHide Details

Or...

Trevor Birch in a meeting with all 3 bidders:

TB (Boat Seller): Look guys, you all have somewthing to bring to the table here, but none of you alone are a viable options and I'm going to have to liquidate the boat and send it to a pakistani beach for dismantling if we can't work something out.

PST: That's OK, We have a rowing bat that if we feed it enough water will grow like a pheonix into a shiny new superaycht

BC: Can I have the parts before you send it to the beach, I can sell them and get a bit of my cash back... I don't like boats much anyway...

SAF: I have a friend (or two allegedly) who are interested in my idea to turn this old tugboat into a world class cruisliner and make it the pride of the marina.

TB: How about setting up a consoirtium to save this boat between you?

BC: I don't like boats much anyway... and besides, the crew and passengers don't like me...

PST: BC is the spawn of satan, we prefer rowing boats even if we can only use them on Hilsea Lido.

SAF: OK, I know my plan is not that practical, but I'd like to save this boat. I like the publicity. What about if the PST were to join with me? they could buy some shares and help fund the refurbishment.

PST: Still prefer rowing boats, but I might help if I can be captain...

SAF: Sorry, I want the publicity of being Captain, pbut I'll let you look after the catering staff...

PST: Ooh, we could keep the price of pies down...

BC: Hang on, you're all forgetting that I own the marina berth and have a debenture on the engines...

PST: that's OK, we prefer rowing boats...

SAF: Anyone want to build a hotel with me?

PST: Does it have a rowing boat?

BC: I'll lend you the money if I can take over in 6 months and bring the demolishers in to take all the contents of the hotel rooms.

TB: Hang on you lot! We're talking about a boat here! How the heck did we get on to hotels?

SAF: Hold Up! I'm busy tweeting Some bloke's accusing me of a scam...

PST: meat pie anyone?

I give up, I'm off to Pakistan to find a beach... So long and thanks for all the fish...

Dean Holden today warned Walsall FC to ignore the Portsmouth smokescreen and insisted Pompey are not in crisis.

The defender reckons the fallen Premier League club pose a bigger threat than any League One team despite their financial troubles.

Pompey will be hit with a 10-point penalty when they come out of administration and were forced to rebuild a team from scratch in the summer.

But Holden insisted Portsmouth’s problems are not as bad as they seem ahead of the Saddlers’ trip to Fratton Park on Saturday.

He said: “I know one or two who have gone there on good money, so I don’t believe they’re in complete trouble.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/other-football/walsall-fc/2012/09/13/walsall-fc-dean-holdens-alert-to-pompey-danger/#ixzz26LOXqzvb

Dean Holden said: “I know one or two who have gone there on good money, so I don’t believe they’re in complete trouble."

I thought the Football league were supposed to be scrutinising every deal that Pompey do with players? Why would they be giving the green light for Pompey to sign players (on one month loans or otherwise) on wages that appear on the surface to outstrip what other clubs are paying?

OK, I accept the words from one Walsall player are somewhat anecdotal and thus should be taken with a pinch of salt but it wouldn't surprise anyone on here in the slightest if Pompey were once again offering "competitive" wages to players whilst still in a position of financial uncertainty.

OK, I accept the words from one Walsall player are somewhat anecdotal and thus should be taken with a pinch of salt...

He's far from the only person within the game to have said the same thing though. I think people from both Oldham and Crawley have made similar statements recently so we have to believe there's more than a grain of truth to it.

Besides, why would players turn down secured, long term deals with other clubs and sign the short term deals at Pompey otherwise? All we read abut this summer is that clubs are cutting their cloth and that players are finding it difficult to find security (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19405554) so there has to be a damn good reason why the likes of McCleod have waiting all summer to sign at Pompey.

If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish, it's probably a fish.

He's far from the only person within the game to have said the same thing though. I think people from both Oldham and Crawley have made similar statements recently so we have to believe there's more than a grain of truth to it.

Besides, why would players turn down secured, long term deals with other clubs and sign the short term deals at Pompey otherwise? All we read abut this summer is that clubs are cutting their cloth and that players are finding it difficult to find security (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19405554) so there has to be a damn good reason why the likes of McCleod have waiting all summer to sign at Pompey.

If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish, it's probably a fish.

I don't know what's wrong with me....I've started to give the slippery ruffians a smidgen of benefit of the doubt in a few of my recent posts. I'm seeing my thearpist this afternoon who will hopefully beat such nonsense out of me!

I thought the Football league were supposed to be scrutinising every deal that Pompey do with players? Why would they be giving the green light for Pompey to sign players (on one month loans or otherwise) on wages that appear on the surface to outstrip what other clubs are paying?

OK, I accept the words from one Walsall player are somewhat anecdotal and thus should be taken with a pinch of salt but it wouldn't surprise anyone on here in the slightest if Pompey were once again offering "competitive" wages to players whilst still in a position of financial uncertainty.

It's not just one Walsall player though. There is a clear history that they're paying out above average wages for the division (and lets remember that Portpin's and the PST's previous bids allowed for wages only in line with or below the league average).

Lee Williamson turned down a deal with Sheffield United to go there.

Brian Howard had overtures from Championship clubs but chose to go there (he just recently admitted there was a 3 year deal on the table from one club).

Crawley's manager said “Contrary to what people have read or what they hear, I know from conversations I have had that some of the finances they are able to offer people are amazing.”

So the whole "poor old Pompey, they're so broke and have got the smallest wage bill in the world" is IMO a myth, and birch is propping them up with bumper month to month deals. What happens when then transfers to standard contracts if/when they get taken over, well, we'll see.

bw_normal.jpg SulaimanAlfahim ‏@TheRealSulaiman

@AnilBhoyrul still in process of opening bank account in London. Submitted all requirement needed. Hope its done by deadline

9k8uzybv6scyl5r7t22x_normal.jpeg Anil Bhoyrul ‏@AnilBhoyrul

@TheRealSulaiman why doesn't trevor birch just call dubai bank to confirm the funds are there?

bw_normal.jpg SulaimanAlfahim ‏@TheRealSulaiman

@AnilBhoyrul I asked him to call the bank and verify himself... Hope he is not planing for liquidation.

Loving the Dumbaya quote!

‘Playing for Portsmouth is a dream for me. Playing at Fratton Park, it’s incredible.

‘Performing in front of this crowd and them chanting my name is just amazing. The crowd is the best I’ve ever played in front of.

Whose going to break it to him that have been shouting 'dumb buyer' for the past 3 years?

Having just caught up on the events of this morning on here and Twitter, why are the few gloating so much that SAF appears not to be able to show he has £12.8m?

If Birch asked the PST to do the same there would be an implosion on Portsea Island. I doubt the Trust could actually show six figures on a like for like basis.

Loving the Dumbaya quote!

‘Playing for Portsmouth is a dream for me. Playing at Fratton Park, it’s incredible.

‘Performing in front of this crowd and them chanting my name is just amazing. The crowd is the best I’ve ever played in front of.

Whose going to break it to him that have been shouting 'dumb buyer' for the past 3 years?

To be fair to him, when you get used to playing in front of home league crowds of 7,500 then even playing in front of Pompey's dwindling fanbase is a step-up in comparison (for now).

Nigeria, you couldn't make it up. If they aren't flying BA, staying at the Sheraton they really are up the ****ter without a paddle. The battle of Britain was slightly safer than domestic flying in Nigeria.

No it's ok. Apparently there's a bloke in Nigeria who has a lot of money temporarily tied up in a bank account, and he will pay for everything once he gets his own cash out. They just need to transfer £1million of the parachute payments money for now.

No it's ok. Apparently there's a bloke in Nigeria who has a lot of money temporarily tied up in a bank account, and he will pay for everything once he gets his own cash out. They just need to transfer £1million of the parachute payments money for now.

:lol:Parachutes would be useful if most of the accidents weren't flying into the ground in bad weather. I found it easy to get things done once I threw a few Niara at whoever.

Dean Holden today warned Walsall FC to ignore the Portsmouth smokescreen and insisted Pompey are not in crisis.

The defender reckons the fallen Premier League club pose a bigger threat than any League One team despite their financial troubles.

Pompey will be hit with a 10-point penalty when they come out of administration and were forced to rebuild a team from scratch in the summer.

But Holden insisted Portsmouth’s problems are not as bad as they seem ahead of the Saddlers’ trip to Fratton Park on Saturday.

He said: “I know one or two who have gone there on good money, so I don’t believe they’re in complete trouble.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/other-football/walsall-fc/2012/09/13/walsall-fc-dean-holdens-alert-to-pompey-danger/#ixzz26LOXqzvb

Isnt Birchy supposed to be protecting cash flow ?

They are taking the p*ss again, arent they ?

One rule for 91, one rule for Pompey.

No it's ok. Apparently there's a bloke in UAE who has a lot of money temporarily tied up in a bank account, and he will pay for everything once he gets his own cash out. They just need to transfer £1million of the parachute payments money for now.

Amended it for you.

Nigeria, you couldn't make it up. If they aren't flying BA, staying at the Sheraton they really are up the ****ter without a paddle. The battle of Britain was slightly safer than domestic flying in Nigeria.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/home/Academy-To-Visit-Nigeria-3697.aspx

“We also thank the Sodje Foundation for organising and facilitating the trip. Arik Air have kindly agreed to provide us with free air travel and we are grateful to them for their help."

@solentsport: Pompey have spent wisely - Smith: Walsall boss Dean Smith is impressed with the squad that Portsmouth have built... http://t.co/YOspqzXm

The Saddlers face Pompey at Fratton Park on Saturday and Smith told BBC WM: "There'll be eyebrows raised by a lot of clubs at the calibre of players they are signing and what they're earning.

"We can only concentrate on Walsall Football Club and what we do.

"But I don't think they've been shopping at Lidl's."

Carlsberg don't do skirting around using the word "cheats" but if they did....

Edited by trousers

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})